Frequent Contacts

Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts".
Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you
frequently e-mail.  It's an awesome feature.  Is anyone
aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003.

Thanks

Jo
0
jfriedma (1)

Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right
clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code...

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Joanne Friedman" <jfriedma@goodmancarr.com> wrote in message
> Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts".
> Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you
> frequently e-mail.  It's an awesome feature.  Is anyone
> aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jo

0
patrickareed (498)

Frequent log entries, event 9175 and 8197
Hello! I have just deployed a fresh Exchange 2003 installation on an equally fresh Windows Server 2003. I have the following problems: 1. OWA and Outlook works, but it is impossible to add new meeting items via OWA. 2. The event log is filled with event 9175. This gets logged once a minute: ------------------------- The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Serv...

Where are frequent flyer accounts?
I recently moved to a new machine and took my Money file with me. In account list, frequent flyer accounts use to show up at the bottom. They aren't there anymore. Is there an option to get them back? Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. ...

Contacts quicksearch won't search company
I used to be able to put in part of a company name in the quick find box on the toolbar. That was in Outlook 2000. I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2002 ("XP"), and now it will not return results for company name, only contact name. I have tons of contacts that are only companies, with no particular contact name. Is there an option I can set, or has that capability been "featured" out? ---Atreju--- ...

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Retreive All Contacts For Account
Hi I need to retrieve all the contacts for an account. Can we use the SDK method, contact.RetrieveByObject?The SDK says "The RetrieveByObject method retrieves contacts associated with the specified object (lead or opportunity)." Any help is highly appreciated. Tina try this http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2crmaccountretrievesubcontactsmethod.asp "Tina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:585601c42d3c$01d85920$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I need to retrieve all the contacts for...

scanpst contacts problem
Several times a day I get the following message when accessing my contacts folder. Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file c:blahblahblah\mypstfile.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. I run scanpst.exe, it says there are no errors in my pst file. However, I can then access my contacts. Later in the day, I have to do the same thing. What in the world is going on? How big is your .pst file? And what version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Vista Mail frequently blocks when deleting mail items
When deleting mail items from my various folders Mail frequently blocks. Closing and restarting mail sometimes works, but often I need to close the Winmail process (process manager) and then restart. Is there a solution to this? -- JeanDanc Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates. If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in=20 the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP pro...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...

Specifying which groups a contact is associated with
I have a many to many setup with Contacts and Projects using an intermediate table. On my project data form, I have a subform for all associated contacts. This works. When I double click the contacts I have an 'add contact' form come up. How do I associate that new entry with that project, without affecting the if that contact may be associated with another project already? Hope that makes sense. Thanks Have the 'add contact' form as a subform with the Master/Child link set. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "MeSteve" wrote: > I have a man...

Outlook 6 to Outlook 2007 Contacts NOT populating
Hello: I just converted my computer from XP to Windows 7 and pretty much all went well. The following did not go well: Address book - I exported my contact list from Outlook 6 and imported to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 - All contacts were imported to Outlook 2007 correctly - I can see them, HOWEVER, Outlook 2007 does not automatically recognize an email account that exists in my contacts when typing in the TO field. ex. If I have a contact "123@hotmail.com" while in the TO field of a new mail item I want to send - I type "123" Outlook 2007 does n...

laptop disconnects frequently
I have a customer SBS 2003 Standard setup with 10 users. One user on a laptop is constantly being disconnected from the network for about 30 seconds to a few minutes then reconnects. I have changed cables, tried wireless, tried different locations using different cables, switched ports on the switch and even formatted and reloaded the system and still he is getting disconnected. It was good for about a day after I switched ports on the 16-port switch but that was it. Sometimes he receives a message saying that this computer is trying to use the same IP as another device on th...

Runtime Error...contact someone, but who?
Hi all...All of a sudden i was not able to send emails...The error Reads: RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C\PROPRA~\MICROS~4\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE what the hell should i do? 2 possible options: Option 1: If you are able to open Outlook, then go to the Help menu and choose "Detect and Repair". If you cannot open Outlook, then open another office program and choose "Detect and Repair" from its help menu. (be prepared with your original office CD). The Detect and Repair repairs all installed office programs for that version. Option 2: Open Outlook in "Safe" mode (Outloo...

Frequent Contacts Not Auto Filling
Unlike OE (or other email systems), I cannot get Windows Mail to auto populate the To: or CC: lines with email addresses that I frequently use unless I have used them in the past several days. This is very frustrating as the application claims to do this. I have checked settings and have it set up to do this, but it does not. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks much in advance. WinMail keeps a list of the last used 29 addresses (only) in the registry. If you want, you can clear all or some of them. How to clear the email auto-complete entries in Windows Mail http...

Finding the most frequent occurances
I have a worksheet in which the cells contain times followed by a 2 digit code. For example "2:30 AG". I was wondering if there is any way to find the time that occures most, ignoring the 2 digit code. The long term goal is to be able to determine at what times these occurances happen and create a graph that represents those peak times. You could try this: First, use a "helper" column to extract the time. With values starting in A1, enter this in B1: =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3) And copy down as needed. Then, format a cell to "Time", and enter this formula: =MODE(...

Export Contacts
We are using CRM v3.0, I need to export the contacts to an outlook public folder. If I can't export, can I sync to a public folder address book? With CRM 3.0, there is now an Exchange Address Book provider. You should see this in Outlook as one of the address book options if you click on the "To" button in a new message. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "greatheart" wrote: > We are using CRM v3.0, I need to export the contacts to an outlook public > folder. If I can't export, can I sync to a public folder address book? ...

Contacts folder could not be displayed
Here's what I do to re-create the error. I create a new message, then click on the 'To:' button. Then this error pops up. 'The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help.' However, the contacts are present in my contact address book. It's just I cannot select them from the "To" button. I've tried the h...

Best Method for importing Account/Contacts into CRM currently store as Contacts in Exchange Public Folders
Hi all, I am looking at CRM 3 to update our simple CRM solution that was based on custom contact forms stored in Exchange folders. We have two Exchange contacts folders storing this info - one stores the Company (Account) and the other will store the Contact. Both use custom forms and are linked simply by a number generated and placed into the "Account" field for the Company and copied to the same field on the Contact form. We then had an ActiveX list control that would display the relevant contact for a Company in its form. I have not used Outlook BCM, but I feel "two ...

Activate contacts autofill
How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a contacts name in the To field ? regards reidarT Outlook 2003 Tools - Options - Email Options - Advance Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc and Bcc fields. "Reidar" <thorsvik@online.no> wrote in message news:8B041074-3930-47A3-82C5-D992AC156CB2@microsoft.com... > How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a > contacts name in the To field ? > regards > reidarT Reidar <thorsvik@online.no> wrote: > How do I activate the contac...

Sending to contacts with more than one email address
This happens when you have a contact with more than one email address. If you type their shortcut in the TO line, Outlook will not resolve the email address since it sees 2 of them. Also if try and select from the list, you will now see 2 entries. Previous versions of Outlook defaulted to the first address. Is there anyway to get back to having the "default email address" be the one that comes up. Thanx - Amine ...

Cleaning out contacts
We have an exchange server 2003 running with a shared contacts folder. However, when users create a new email and start to type in the "to:" dialog box, the autocomplete brings up four, sometimes 5 different entries for the same target user. Where could all these be coming from? Their personal contacts sometimes have a single entry of a target user but I'm stumped as to where the other 3 or 4 entries might be coming from. JL Adamson <JL Adamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have an exchange server 2003 running with a shared contacts folder. > However, ...

frequent error
I am facing this error very frequently in Word 2007. Without any warning the application closes and I either get a message asking me to report the error or I get a message saying 'word cannot open the file ~WRS{EF56572F.......' . It says some thing about the file being on the network or some thing. Please help. Sounds like a possibly dodgy printer. Have you got a locally installed printer driver set as the Windows default or are you using a networked printer? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "seeker" <seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

can't recover my contacts
I installed windows 7 but had to recover files. I imported the back up pst file but the contacts don't show up in outlook. (office 2007) What could I be doing wrong? -- Angie4277 Pretty much everything, it appears. "Had to recover files" means what exactly? There is no scenario in which you would ever import Outlook data to "recover" it. State precisely how you created your "backup" and how you transferred it to your new installation.. Once you do, we can tell you what you did wrong. -- Russ Valentine "Angie4277" <...

Contact-birthday
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop The info on my contacts for birthday shows 1 January 2007, and I cannot edit this. Therefore all birthdays for all contacts in entourage automatically resets to 1 January 2007. It will not accept another date even if I edit. How do I change that date and get it to reflect in my calender? ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I deleted manually contact folders that were created with VBA These deleted folders still appear in the list "Show names from the : " in the address book The contacts themselves still apparear in each deleted folder! I do not understand why. Did I miss something when I created them with VBA? How can I clean that list with VBA and fix the situation ? Many thanks Do those contacts folders show up in the Folder List? Where are they now, under Deleted Items? If so just delete them from there. If you delete something using the Outlook object mode...

Contact synch with Outlook 09-14-04
All, After testing a client's install we found that shared data was not synchronized as stated below. I am trying to limit the number of contacts that are synchronized to Outlook and then on into a Blackberry. Any thoughts on getting shared data to schronize would be greatly appreciated. Thx, Bob MSFT TechKnowledge shows that contacts that will be synchronized include the following: 1. Contacts the user owns. These can be seen by going to Microsoft CRM Shortcuts | Contacts | My Contacts view. 2. Contacts that have been shared with a user by any other user in Microsoft CRM...