forwarding rule when outlook is CLOSED

Got a good one from one of my users...

Is there a way (I can't think of it aside from manually doing) to have
a rule that will work, like forwarding, but only when the Outlook is
CLOSED.
You can easily guess that this person as a Blackberry but does not
want to get the mails while in Outlook, either locally or remotly.

Thanks to any and all that will point me to an answer, whatever it may
be!

Serge Ayotte

sergeayotte@gmail.com <sergeayotte@gmail.com> wrote:

> Got a good one from one of my users...
>
> Is there a way (I can't think of it aside from manually doing) to have
> a rule that will work, like forwarding, but only when the Outlook is
> CLOSED.

Of course not.  A program must be running to work.  Can you change a Word
document without opening Word, or update a spreadsheet without opening
Excel?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
1/7/2008 9:31:02 PM
sergeayotte@gmail.com wrote:

>Is there a way (I can't think of it aside from manually doing) to have
>a rule that will work, like forwarding, but only when the Outlook is
>CLOSED.

You gotta be shittin'.
0
unclegrumpy (296)

Outlook 2003 from SBS different from Office 2003?
I have an SBS2003 server installed and distributed the Outlook2003 that came with it to my clients, while the other office applications still ran the 2000 version. Last week, we installed the office 2003 suite and I disabled the installation of Outlook 2003, since it was already installed. Next I installed the Rights Management Server and the client. All Office applications now have the Permissions icon, except Outlook. I have looked through every single setting, but could not find how to enable it. This leads me to conclude that the SBS outlook 2003 version might be different from t...

transfer outlook emails and files to yahoo
Is it possible to transfer outlook 2007 to my yahoo account, i accidentally imported this when I was trying to access the calendar - I do not want to use outlook No You can only send them back to yahoo "Platinum2010" <Platinum2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067E673B-13E3-45BE-81A1-5FEBBBC1AC3C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to transfer outlook 2007 to my yahoo account, i > accidentally > imported this when I was trying to access the calendar - I do not want to > use > outlook You can try this workaround; http://ww...

CRM Outlook Issue
Hello, I am currently in the proccess of deploying microsoft CRM. I have it installed on the server, and all clients but one are able to connect. When i log on as administrator to the machine, I get a "cannot syncronize to server" error, the error code provides no data. When i try to connect as the user, I get no error, and CRM doesn't even seem to be connected. I can access CRM from the client machine using the URL. Any ideas? The machine runs windows XP Pro with all updates on it. It runs Office 2003 Pro with all updates as well. CRM version 3.0 My Server is Windows 2...

Export CRM Data to Outlook
Hello, is it possible to transfer CRM 3.0 contacts and activities from CRM to Outlook? Contacts should have to be found in contacts and activities in the calendar. Any ideas? Stefan If you install the CRM for Outlook client, you can sync the contacts into your Outlook. Dave "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:431EAA1A-1D92-46D3-A73E-7967ABB41CDE@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > is it possible to transfer CRM 3.0 contacts and activities from CRM to > Outlook? > Contacts should have to be found in contacts and activities in the ...

How to make a VB6 addin work in Outlook Web Access
Hi All, I have developed an Outlook Addin in VB6. It all works fine, but when I use Outlook Web Access, I can't see my addin. How can i make it work for OWA. I will appreciate if you can tell me any reference or example Regards Mita ...

Rule question #4
I have a rule to redirect email messages as they come in. Very simple, where my Name is in the To and CC box, redirect to this email. What is happening, im not getting all messages redirected to me, if its a internal group that was emailed and im in that group, doesnt get redirected. If im bcc, no redirect. How can i configure my redirect to send every email that is delivered to my inbox no matter what? If you want a rule to apply to EVERY email put NO criteria in the first step wich asks for what criteria the email must meet. You will see a pop up window asking if you really want to...

Outlook 2003 over RPC/HTTPS always ask password
Hi, Outlook 2003 cannot open mailbox over RPC/HTTPS, athough it works fine over RPC. I performed Q833401 completely but Outlook always ask for password. I tried to connect over internal network. Why it could happens? Best regards, Vit Knyshevich. "Vit Knyshevich" <abuse_vit_knysh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Outlook 2003 cannot open mailbox over RPC/HTTPS, athough it works fine over >RPC. I performed Q833401 completely but Outlook always ask for password. I >tried to connect over internal network. Why it could happens? > >Best regards, >Vit Knyshevich. &g...

Rules on IMAP accounts and other miscellaneous
[reposted .....] IMAP -------------- 1) How do I make rules work on IMAP accounts - Can I write rules so that automatically IMAP mail will be transferred from the IMAP server to specified folders on **my** machine ? At least can I transfer mail automatically from the IMAP folder to my Machine's Inbox by triggering a rule ? POP3 -------------- 2) How do I delete unwanted mail FROM the POP3 server (i.e.) how to avoid downloading and then deleting ? - OE 5 had a facility to delete from server ... General ----------- 3) If I wish to send a mail to a friend - but at a future date - s...

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

outlook message help
I recently set up microsoft outlook, I already had outlook express --same email same server some messages go to express and some go to ms outlook--why and how can I change this Thanks Use only one or other Apps. NOT both. If neccessary delete mail accounts in OE or ensure it is set not to retreive mail Do not try to delete OE as certain files are used elsewhere, not least the OE newsreader, which may be accessed directly from IE or OL. David "Integra" <integracareers@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:3735087C-71E5-4622-A70D-896AC44285FA@microsoft.com... > I recently set ...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

Yahoo mail messages cause Outlook to crash
Some recent messages from Yahoo have caused my Outlook (Office 2003) to crash. I try to open the message, nothing happens for a while and then I get the window that says sorry, Outlook has to close, would I like to send an error message to Microsoft. Has anyone else had this problem? A friend noted that the Yahoo messages now include Yahoo! Messenger with Voice which seemed to be an embedded attachment and contains and HTML divider bar. No hidden graphic elements, however. Can somebody suggest a change of Outlook parameters that will prevent a crash? Thanks, Bill Edelstein Schenectady, NY ...

POP3 Outlook account
Hi, I have setup a POP3 Outlook account so to accesse me Exchange 2k3 server through 3rd party internet connection. It works fine but I have a couple of inquiries: 1 - Each time I reconnect after having the connection down for line quality, email headers are re-downloaded, ignoring the fact that they have already been downloaded in a previous session. Any way to stop that? 2 - Can I download Sent Messages folder too, or it is just Inbox? If not, what is a workaround, if any? 3 - Any way to import address book? Thanks Yba In news:7CD85C0D-780A-4B70-A20F-D04EB40E029E@microsoft.com, yb...

outlook 2003 stops responding (hang) when you click reply to all
i have received a mail, when i click to reply to all outlook 2003 hang/stops responding regards richard ...

Outlook Email Help: selecting Voting button option from excel VBA
Hi All, I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set an voting button option from excel? I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing: ..VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject" But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do this from excel? To select "Hav...

Outlook 2007 Calender Permissions Context Menu does not open on right-click (only 1 user affected)
Hello, one of our users cannot open the context menu to set calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 (right-clicking on calendar). Hourglass appears and process hangs forever (window does not even appear). Have to use taskman to end it. No events appearing in event viewer that relate in any way :( Further details: xp32, Office 2007 Pro, all patches (2010-06-24) Running Processes, Services, Antivirus and other tools are the same for all users (accessing permissions work for others). No macros running in background. Any clue where to start my search or what to fix? Would be nice if I wouldn&#...

Junk Mail Filter Rule
Is there a way I can set up a rule that looks for an attachment, "DELETED.TXT", for the email and the attachment to be deleted. (So far I find a rule that searches for an attachment but it just looks for any and all.) TIA What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RFJ asked: | Is there a way I can set up a rule that looks for...

Voiding payment in closed period
I need to void a lost check from a closed period so I can reissue the check but it isn't allowing me to. We use GP 9.0. Any suggestions? Holly, Are you talking about a Payroll or Payables check? What we do for payables... in the "Void Historical Payables Transactions" window, we override the "void date" and "posting date" fields, and change them to a date in an open period. Since you'll be re-issuing the check, the accounting is a wash for the that period. Not really a need to post back into the original period. If you really want to, your ad...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

Outlook 2003 will not receive
I am trying to run Outlook 2003 (just upgraded Office XP to 2003) on Windows XP Pro. The "Test Account Settings" button connects to SMTP and POP servers and finds no problems, Outlook sends mail OK, but will not receive. I am trying to connect through a LAN via ADSL. I have turned of my Firewall and Virus scanner. On all 4 of the POP accounts from which the previous version of Outlook was receiving I now get a message of the form: "Task 'F2S - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The server name you entered can not be found on the network... " Forte Agent...

How create rule that searches BOTH body and subject (OR not AND)?
When I check the boxes in Advanced Rules for finding a term in the body of a message and then the subject line, the resulting line ANDs it -- that is the term has to appear in both the subject and the body. This is not what I want. I want to screen emails where this term appears in either the subject line or body. That is, in Boolean terms, I want to OR this, not AND it. I think you'd have to create two rules to do that... "kdez" <kdez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB18A6D-2106-4783-9C7A-88517E0709BA@microsoft.com... > When I check the boxes in...

ms outlooks shortcuts
I want to save the items I have in the shortcuts so I can upgrade my operating system and not lose them during that process. Is there any way to save what is in the shortcuts? do you mean favorites? what os are you using and maybe I can help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the ne...

Recommend an Outlook add-in for archiving
Hi, I have a client who is an email packrat - he keeps everything and will not be persuaded otherwise. Currently he is running Outlook 2003 connecting to a corporate MDaemon server running IMAP. The problem that we have is that his current PST file is 10GB which is insanely large. I am looking for an archiving utility that will allow us to archive email to archive PST folders (1 per yr) with the messages in their same folder structure as the main pst file. Does anyone know of a utility that meets these needs ? Thanks, Darrin -- emerging http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

Outlook 2000 security problem.
When I attempt to start MS Outlook 200, I get the following error. Unable to open your default email folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file g:\]outlook\workFolders.pst. There is a tract in the MS on-line support that tells about a possible problem with the file secur32.dll. I re- installed this, but it madeno differrence. Any ideas appreciated Thanks Hamish <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attempt to start MS Outlook 200, I get the > following error. > Unable to open your default email folders....