Forwarding mail received from a receive-only account to a send/receive account

I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my
accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the
Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail
items" but not to "Send mail items".

I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people,
and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and
receive.

However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the
mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive
group settings say the account is receive-only.

What I want is for the mail to be forwarded using Account2.

Any ideas?

Scott.

0
scasca_j (1)

I don't think you can do that automatically. Why don't you setup Account1 to
use the same SMTP server and details (name/email address) that Account2
uses. That way items will go out normally but have via the details that
Account2 has (since you've given them also to Account1)

"Scott" <scasca_j@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to setup Outlook 2002 (SP3) to pop mail from one of my
> accounts. This account (Account1)is receive-only, that is in the
> Send/Receive group settings I have setup the account to "Receive mail
> items" but not to "Send mail items".
>
> I have existing rules that forward mail that I get from certain people,
> and I have another account (Account2) which I have setup to send and
> receive.
>
> However, when I receive mail from Account1 that matches the rules, the
> mail gets forwarded(sent) using Account1 even though the Send/Receive
> group settings say the account is receive-only.
>
> What I want is for the mail to be forwarded using Account2.
>
> Any ideas?

0
vince8328 (2732)

Mail Merge #16
While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. AVDONDE Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from GC Publisher <GC Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I > selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got > an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. a) Try updating your MDAC...

cannot get mail
all of a sudden i can't get mail, 6 days now. i have read questions and answers. please help Account: 'mail', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is account corruption. One thing you...

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Bogus E-mails
How do STOP the bogus update E-mail messages that is supposed to be from Microsoft? These E-mail contain what appears to be the official Microsoft internet page. How can I put a stop from then short of using a SPAM KILLER program? ...

e-mailing
Hello All can anyone tell me if Access will generate an e-mail from a command button advising the recipiant that certan information relating to the inputa data has been added to the database On Oct 21, 4:57 pm, will07 <wil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All > can anyone tell me if Access will generate an e-mail from a command button > advising the recipiant that certan information relating to the inputa data > has been added to the database you mean like a web page does? Not directly, since you can't monitor a table directly, the way you can in SQL Serv...

Account is held at ...
When setting up an account on Money 2003, what is the significance of the question "This account is held at... " with the drop-down list of banks? Does it make any difference at all if I link my Visa and Master Card accounts to the bank that holds them? In other words, what are the actual ramifications of picking a bank that holds the account versus telling Money that it's not held at a bank? (I see that Chase does not appear in the list, but Citibank, Wachovia, and Bank of America are all listed, and they "hold" some of my credit cards.) I haven't link my ...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

Send as pdf in Word takes over outlook 2007
If I create an email in Word using the "Send as pdf" function in Word 2007, the resulting email "takes over" the entire Outlook browser so that I cannot navigate to the main window or any other emails that are open. Is this a known issue by chance? Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks -- sparky1992@hotmail.com it's always worked like that - the way the sendto menus call up outlook uses simplemapi and the new mail window is modal. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20090401.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips....

Can't E-mail from Explorer
When I select an Email address on a website, I get 65 Internet Explorer windows pop up and a message about the default mail client not properly installed. I have to close all 65 windows before I can do anything! ...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

cannot send e-mail via WLM
recieve error message 0x8000CCC6F....server error 554...have discovered that this means my ISP will not support sending via WLM....have downloaded firefox in attempt to send...nope...cannot change default mail send on WLM.....have searched for a solution...nothing forthcoming.....anyone got an answer for this Whizz NEW system?..... "billmus uk" <billmus uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544ADA3E-1B4E-45F1-846D-F5B0FB72C247@microsoft.com... > recieve error message 0x8000CCC6F....server error 554...have discovered > that this means my ISP wi...

OWA+GFI Mail Essential do not filter Junk Mail
Hi, I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk Mail filter vía OWA but the problem still occurs. Regards MRB Does anyomne have an idea of this issue? MRB "MRB" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a problem with OWA, I install GFI Mail Essentials 11 and it filter > the Spam to junk mail correctly but only with Outlook 2003 clientes, but with > OWA all the SPAM goes to Inbox folder. I active the Junk M...

E-mail Signature
I have set up my signature, and I have selected "black" for the font of my signature, but when I click on "new" e-mail, my signature comes out yellow and barely readable. Can you tell me how to fix this? Which version of Outlook are you using? How exactly did you create your signature? If using Outlook 2003 or previous, did you use the "Advanced Editor"? Which editor did it open for you then? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and mo...

My CRM Exchange Mail Router is unable to Route incoming Mails

Exception when creating entities under the Accounts entity
Dear all, When creating entitities from within the Account entity (i.e Contacts, Oppoertunities, Quotes, Orders etc) we getv the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unspecified error Stack Trace: [COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMCustomizationClass.Transform(CUserAuth& Caller, CObjectName& SourceObject, Int32 TargetObjectType, Int32 TargetFieldType) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateFrom(Int32 sourceEntityType, String sourceEnt...

Mail Store Size on Bridgehead Server
Hello, Had an interesting question and didnt know the answer. On a bridgehead server we wanted to set the store size to like 10K to keep a mailbox from being moved there by mistake (user would complain that they cannot send or recieve and then it would be spotted that they were on a store with no other users, and flag would be raised). Question is, would this limit also apply to messages going through the the bridgehead server as well. The only reason I ask this question is because the SMTP system mailbox is used to convert messages, and Im wondering if that mailbox can also fall unde...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Question on Project Accounting
We are using PA to trach each build of an machinery. Some machinery are made to order, so the customer ID are known while setting a new contract/project. Other machinery are built without first knowing the buyer/customer. 1) How to create a proejct and later assign/change customer when buyer is confirmed? 2) can PA set to allow non budgted inventory item? some items are not budgeted for while setting up the cost category. We would like to allow purchasing/usage (transfer) of such un-budgeted item in PA. 3) can UOM in PA set to follow UOM in Inventory? thks for sharing. Unfortunately...

Kit Sales Distribution Accounts
Is there a way to use the Sales Account from the component items from a Kit as the posting accounts on an SOP Invoice? Not unless there is a 3rd party product that will do this. Basic GP will not. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "jgrebe" wrote: > Is there a way to use the Sales Account from the component items from a Kit > as the posting accounts on an SOP Invoice? ...

Mail von Ehefrau
27.02.08 Hallo, ich wollte nur �berpr�fen ob meine Mail ankommt Bis bald deine Gattin. ...

How do I search specific words/phrases/terms in Outlook 2003's e-mails?
Hello. How do I search specific words/phrases/terms in Outlook 2003's e-mails? For example, "apple juice". Another example, "base" and not baseball. I tried using quotation marks like on Google, but that didn't seem to work. I was unable to find anything about this in its help. Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit Symantec Corporation www.symantec.com ----------------------------------------------------- Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e...

weird fenomenon when sending attachments in Outlook 2000/2003
Hi Recently we experienced some problems with sending attachments in Outlook 2000/2003. Sending itself is not a problem, but reading the attachment in Outlook Express / Webmail is ... Different users from different computers have sent several mails with several attachments (doc, pdf ...) to several users. Sometimes the attchment CAN be read in Express / webmail, sometimes not .... If not, the weird thing in Outlook Express is that you can see the attachment coding in the source of the mail, but no attachment in the mail itself (no paperclip, no nothing ...). When you look at it from the webm...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

Cannot Send EMail 03-30-10
Hello, I can send and receive email from Charter Communcations web site. I can receive email with Vista's Windows Mail. I cannot receive any emails. This is an unusual occurence as I have been using Windows Mail for a year now. Charter Comm. doesn't support Windows Mail and we have tried changing the outgoing mail server address. Nothing is working. The outgoing port is 25 for email. Any suggestions. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubles...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...