Forwarding email in Outlook 2003 #2

I'm having a problem forwarding certain e-mails using
Outlook 2003...When I forward the message, it trys to
start Word 2003 as my e-mail editor... The problem is the
program hangs at this point and Word never opens the
message...?  Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74717)

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<283c01c4a28b$3c640c00$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> I'm having a problem forwarding certain e-mails using
> Outlook 2003...When I forward the message, it trys to
> start Word 2003 as my e-mail editor... The problem is the
> program hangs at this point and Word never opens the
> message...?  Any ideas?

Just delete (or rename) Normal.dot, this file will them be
automatically recreated once you start Word & should solve the
problem.

outlook auto messages
I answer customer service question through email. most of my question are the same. therefore my reply are repeated. I type the same reply often. is there a way I can auto complete my replys? You can work with templates, AutoText (when setting Word as the e-mail editor) or create txt-files with answers and choose Insert-> File...-> dropdown on the Insert button-> Insert as Text -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ...

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Visio EA vs Visio 2003?
Hi All, I was hoping a few of you could shed some light on a question that has been popping up among my developers. Many of whom are currently running Visio for Enterprise Architects that is available with Visual Studio.NET. I believe it is the same version of Visio regardless of whether you are using the 2002 or 2003 version of Visual Studio Enterprise. Please correct me if I am wrong. The big question I am hitting is: What reasons are there to upgrade to Visio 2003 (v11?) if you are already running Enterprise Architect of v10? Also, is there an EA version for Visio 2003, or would you b...

Clarification on Email templates
I just wanted to get clarification on the use of email templates. Can templates only be used when sending email to external users? Can they be used to help with internal process/workflow. For example, if I take a simple workflow scenario like when a new Sales Order is created, use "X" template to send an internal email to accounting to notify them. I can only seem to get this to work only if there is an email address on the customer account record then CC: an internal user account. Am I missing something? Thanks for the help! ...

Seconday email
Is there any way to email to a users secondary email address. When we select a user, there doesnt appear to be any way to specify which email is used. Ian ...

outlook.pst file size
Hi Folks, I am having trouble deleting things from Outlook 2000. If I look at my Outlook.pst file, the size is 1,329,856 kb (pretty big!?). If I move some sent items to a folder on another drive - say I move 40 megs of files, check the Sent Items folder and confirm that they are gone, check Deleted Items and make sure that they are not there. Log out of Outlook and back in and look at my outlook.pst size, it does not change - still 1,329,856 kb! It continues to grow with every email that I send and receive. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help. Ken Peoples Best regards, Ken...

Outlook In Box
My incoming mail disappears after having been read. Each time I open the app the in box in empty. Is there a box I need to check somewhere to keep Outlook from deleting automatically? You want to check your Views, ie all mail as apposed to unread mail Outlook doesnt delete msgs (on its own) "JohnCBD" <JohnCBD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C0F61BD-9E69-470C-9898-72E49F939709@microsoft.com... > My incoming mail disappears after having been read. Each time I open the > app > the in box in empty. Is there a box I need to check somewhere ...

Email Woes
To Anyone that can Help: I recently had to help my cousin and completely reinstall WindowsXP on his home pc.After I got all up and running,I installed Spybot S&D,Ad-Aware,AVG anti-virus,and all is working well.But he never had set up his email account,so asked if I would.So,I set his up for him,and installed Incredimail,which I use with NO problems ever.Then from his pc,I sent an email to my home pc to test it to see if it worked.When I got home,I had received the email,but when I tried to reply back to him,he never got it,nor did it get returned as "Undeliverable". After a cou...

Add a button to send an email
How do I add a button or shortcut to the toolbar to start an email so I don't have to click Actions/Add Activity/Email. Three clicks should be one. Thanks! -- Susan Eckles Power Time Corporation HI, Use "Send-Email" option. Regards Ram "Susan" wrote: > How do I add a button or shortcut to the toolbar to start an email so I don't > have to click Actions/Add Activity/Email. Three clicks should be one. > Thanks! > -- > Susan Eckles > Power Time Corporation > ...

PST file won't open #2
I reformatted my hard disk and saved (exported) PST files before doing so - but now office 2003 won't reload the PST folders on my CD rom. I saved them first to the desktop of course. Outlook tells me the file is not a personal folders file even though I can see the PST extension. It simply refuses to open the old files even though I composed them as an exported file from outlook 2003 before reformatting the HD. I tried pstscan.exe and various proprietary recovery tools with no help. I am running win XP as well. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks - F Did y...

User names not to be displayed while sending emails
Hi We have implemented CRM 3.0 for a customer who uses it for managing his Customer Service. There would be a thousand emails to their support inbox (support@xyz.com) and the CSR's answer it one after the after. Now when they reply to these emails, the email goes from their inbox displaying their names & email id's and not from the support inbox. Is there any way to hide their personal names and make the emails go from support@xyz.com? -- Jony Lawrence HI Gurus, Please look at my need and advice me accordingly -- Jony Lawrence "jonybl@hotmail.com" wrote: &...

Email Rule
We have a user which has set up a rule which states when an email containing the work acme in the subject line comes in it is forwarded out to the the following people or distribution group. It is currently setup to forward to a contact within Activie Directory. This contract is for the given users account on a different network. When i send an email to the user with acme in the subject line he receives it locally but he doens't receive it at the remote site. Can you think of anything that i need to look at. I can confirm on the local server and remote server that it hasn't trie...

Email layout changes when sent (font size/bold etc)
Hi, We have a problem with emails which layout are changed after being sent. * Formatting changes (normal text gets bold, underlined) * Font types changes (also standard fonts like arial) * Font sizes change (is increased, mostly from 10 to 12) It happens with whole sentences/paragraphs. * The email in the 'Sent items' is ok * Email received is not ok. Server: Exchange Server 2003 Sp2, Exchange Server 5.5 SP4/Faxination (to be retired). Clients : Outlook 2000, 2002 and 2003 (mostly 2002, 2003). We had this problem already in 2004 when we were still on Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000...

Outlook 2003 IMAP Problem
I just upgraded to OUTLOOK 2003 and I am getting this error: Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on bob@domain.com' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account bob@domain.com. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I can go to the inbox and see new mail so I know it is configured correctly. It is checking about 6 IMAP accounts and these errors seem to happen on all the ...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

CRM 3.0 Contact's not synching up properly with Outlook Contacts.
CRM 3.0 Contact's are supposed to sync up with outlooks contacts list. Well when I birthday is placed for a contact in CRM it populates outlook's calender with an event. For some reason it populated a paticular contact for every single day in the calender. Any help on how this happend and how to clean it up would be great. Thanks From my investigation, it appears this is an Outlook feature and bug. The Outlook feature creates a reoccurring appointment for Contact's Birthdays and Anniversaries. There is currently a bug in Outlook to give the user a way to shut off this fea...

Netscape and Outlook 2002
I have a Netscape account that I'd like to add to my Outlook email manager. I had no problem adding the Hotmail account, but the Netscape account won't take. I click on "Add new account" then click on "IMAP" (which this particular Netscape account claims to use). The incoming mail server addy is supposed to be imap.mail.netcenter.com and the outgoing mail server is supposedly smtp.netscape.net. But it won't work. I check for mail and it gives me a dialog box error that says "Error #0x800CCC0E -- (blah blah blah) Error: unable to connect t...

Send as pdf in Word takes over outlook 2007
If I create an email in Word using the "Send as pdf" function in Word 2007, the resulting email "takes over" the entire Outlook browser so that I cannot navigate to the main window or any other emails that are open. Is this a known issue by chance? Any ideas greatly appreciated! Thanks -- sparky1992@hotmail.com it's always worked like that - the way the sendto menus call up outlook uses simplemapi and the new mail window is modal. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20090401.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips....

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Emails ending up in SPAM folders...
I have racked my brain over and over. I own a small independent I.T. company and most of my local and regional small business clients utilize free email accounts through Yahoo!, Hotmail GMail...etc and my emails are now ending up in their 'Bulk' or 'Spam' folders. I have done extensive research and find most are now utilizing Yahoo!'s domainkeys protocol for determining spam messages. Now I know what you may think, but no I am not a spammer. My clients have missed many many critical emails from my company and I need to know how to implement domainkeys in my Exchange...

Outlook...screen saver keeps kicking on during active sessions
My screen saver keeps turning on when using Outlook. I can be in the middle of typing a email and it will constantly go to the screen saver picture. I have the screen saver set to activate after 15 minutes of inactivity. Why does this do this??? Are there other places to adjust?? ...

Receiving email meant for others #2
I posted the following message before but based on the response, I wasn't clear I am sure this group can answer this quickly. It appears that some of our users are reveiving copies of emails sent to others. We can llok at the headers, only the intended recipient is there with no CC or BCC IN THE HEADER, but yet others are also getting the message. I am sure it is a spam trick. Any ideas where to look? Bear in mind when I am BCC or CC'd I can see my name it that header. But in these cases no BCC or CC in the header Thanks! CamD You should not see any recipient in BCC, b...

ISP Email and Exchange
Can I configure exchange which controls corporate emails (email@mycompany.com) to donwload an email from an ISP (i.e. email@myisp.com) and put it in one or more mailboxes? Or the only way is to do it from outlook directly? Evan Camilleri There are tools to do this http://www.slipstick.com/exs/popconnect.htm but Exchange is not a good email client http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/smtp_diatribe.asp William Lefkovics Evan Camilleri wrote: > Can I configure exchange which controls corporate emails > (email@mycompany.com) to donwload an email from an ISP (i.e. > email@myisp...

Migrating from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003
Hello, What is the main difference between Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 regarding macro function and VBA code? Will run an Excel 2000 sheet without problems when it is opened in Excel 2003? Cheers Rene Hi Rene You shouldn't have any problems or extra work, everything will work just as it works now. There is no difference except a few additions and improvements. (Admitted, some will object to the term "improvements". Let's not go there :-) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Rene H" <ReneH@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:C03A513B-A8EE-4517-B845-2A3BE184...