Forwarded messages in body of email not attachments

Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a
forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way to
set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email?
(I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.)
Thanks!
0
AnneCir (1)

"AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I
> receive a
> forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there
> a way to
> set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original
> email?
> (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email
> addresses.)
> Thanks!

The sender dictates whether the forwarded message is attached (to keep
it all intact including headers) or embedded (which strips out the
headers of whomever actually first sent the message to the one that
then forwarded it).  Attaching the forwarded message means the
recipient gets what the first sender actually sent.  Embedding it
(inline) means the resender can and often has modified its content.

forwards are controlled by the sender. you can configure your copy to
forward inline, but have not control over what people send you. (tools,
options, email options for your settings)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"AnneCir" <AnneCir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Getting back to Outlook after 5 years of not having it...when I receive a
> forwarded message, the forward comes in as an attachment - is there a way
> set it up so that the forward is part of the body of the original email?
> (I'm using Outlook Connector, in case that matters - two email addresses.)
> Thanks!

0
outlookmvp (5838)

MFC extension DLL not attached to chain
Hello, I have a big problem: a simple MFC application using MFC in a shared DLL + An extension DLL (wizard-made) with a bitmap inside: IDB_BMP. When I try to load the IDB_BMP bitmap I get error 1814: "The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. " Here is the code from myapp.cpp: ........................................................... HMODULE hh; VERIFY(hh = AfxLoadLibrary("myextension.dll")); //AfxSetResourceHandle(hh); -> if I uncomment this line it works! CBitmap bmp; int n = bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_BMP); // n == 0 DWORD dw = GetLastError(); // -...

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

Message tracking in CRM 3.0
Hi I have contacts in crm that have 2 E-mail address and tracking only works for primary address, is it possible to track secondary email addresses ...

outlook auto messages
I answer customer service question through email. most of my question are the same. therefore my reply are repeated. I type the same reply often. is there a way I can auto complete my replys? You can work with templates, AutoText (when setting Word as the e-mail editor) or create txt-files with answers and choose Insert-> File...-> dropdown on the Insert button-> Insert as Text -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

Windows 7 OS
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test' Server: 'mail.messagingengine.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Check you email account provider for the correct settings. Also, your isp(if different from you email account provider) may be blocking port 25...if so, see if your email account provider has optional outgoing smtp settings(e.g. Port 587 or 465 using SSL) -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Delusional Dave" <DelusionalDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

off line messages
my outlook 2000 which syncs to exchange when i am connected to the LAN does not appear to be downloading the latest aavailable messages. when i go to view messags off line the last message is from two weeks ago. is there a setting that i am misssing? ...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Sent message failed
I tried to send a message a while back and it got stuck. Now every time I open the news group I get the message Upload message to micro soft communities and then the status is that it failed. Is there any way I can delete that failed message? charles arnett Access the newsgroup through something like Google Groups, rather than through the evidently broken Microsoft web page? (I think this is what the MVPs refer to as NNTP access.) On Dec 26, 3:43=A0pm, "charles arnett" <cjarne...@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I tried to send a message a while back and it got stu...

Cannot Send EMail 03-30-10
Hello, I can send and receive email from Charter Communcations web site. I can receive email with Vista's Windows Mail. I cannot receive any emails. This is an unusual occurence as I have been using Windows Mail for a year now. Charter Comm. doesn't support Windows Mail and we have tried changing the outgoing mail server address. Nothing is working. The outgoing port is 25 for email. Any suggestions. Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubles...

weird fenomenon when sending attachments in Outlook 2000/2003
Hi Recently we experienced some problems with sending attachments in Outlook 2000/2003. Sending itself is not a problem, but reading the attachment in Outlook Express / Webmail is ... Different users from different computers have sent several mails with several attachments (doc, pdf ...) to several users. Sometimes the attchment CAN be read in Express / webmail, sometimes not .... If not, the weird thing in Outlook Express is that you can see the attachment coding in the source of the mail, but no attachment in the mail itself (no paperclip, no nothing ...). When you look at it from the webm...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

rules disabled after restoring message
I recently backed up my individual Exchange mailbox, and then, as a test, restored one Inbox message. Worked great. Shortly thereafter I noticed ALL my new messages going to my Inbox and not automatically routed to other subfolders, as per the Rules. I can fix this by rechecking the Rules in the Rules Wizard, but I would like to prevent it from happening in the first place. Anybody experience this? We're running Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec. ...

bounce emails #2
Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the email is no good which you can do in other email programmes. I am getting emails that cannot be unsubscribed and I don't want to have to put them in junk email and then have to empty it all the time. "jenniw" <jenniw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF5B1E32-0272-4D2D-B6BD-1121A095593D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to bounce emails back to the sender so they think the > email is > no good which you can do in other email programmes. I am getting > emails that > ca...

moving to next flder with unread messages ...
Hello Everyone, Do you know of a way where we can get the behavior like Outlook Express where you can move to the next folder with unread messages by hitting a key (like control+j) within Outlook? I would love that functionality. Jeff ...

Error Message
Can you please help with the following error message I get each time a user updates the check box on a form that I have. I have a field that upon the after update events of a couple of checkbox controls is supposed to update to the current date if the checkbox is selected. I am getting an error message indicate the following: "The expression After Update you entered as the event property serrting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events." * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user define...

Forward Unopened messages?
I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any spam emails. The FTC has an email address (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options however when I forward the message Outlook opens it. Is there a way to forward the offending spam email as an attachment without opening it? Thanks Ted Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any > spam emails. The FTC has an email address > (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward...

Signature not displayed in reply/forward
I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything. I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies. All works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't appear in reply or forward automatically. I've checked the settings, I even tried the internet format conversion to HTML format for replies to inbound RTF. In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are ticked. It's happening ...

Corrupt mail message
All, Has anyone heard of receiving a message that looks like this: "A corrupt mail message, ID 1184275272518 from <my.name@*********> has been detected." THis message is received seconds after sending messages and sometimes after replying to emails. It doesnt happen all the time, and when it does the message is still delivered with no problems. ANy ideas would be great thanks all. "Soldier" wrote in message news:1184353421.284270.42960@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone heard of receiving a message that looks like this: "A > corrupt mail m...

import a CSV file with email addresses
Hi, I am trying to import a CSV file (with eMail-addresses) into MS Exchange (v5.5 on NT 4.0) using the import utility from within Exchange Admin tools. The content of the CSV's header line is: Obj-Class,Mode,First Name,Last name,Display Name,Alias Name,Directory Name,Primary Windows NT Account,Home-Server,E-mail address,E-mail Addresses,Members,Obj-Container,Hide from AB Then I want to add a new recipient (not a NT-user account) using the following line: Mailbox,create,MRNAME1,NAMErr,NameMS,,,SMTP:mr-name@domain.com,,,MS:PI/PIT/NAME%SMTP:mr-name@domain.com%X400:c=DE;a= ;p=pit ? Asso;...

sync aol email account to msft outlook
trying to sync an aol email account to microsoft outlook. just purchased the DELL Axim 3i which supports msft outlook. i'm trying to sync my aol account into outlook. i'm using the new account wizard/set-up in outlook but it is prompting me for the incoming and outgoing server names. i don't have a clue! any suggestions? On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:25:30 -0800, "rebecca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >trying to sync an aol email account to microsoft outlook. >just purchased the DELL Axim 3i which supports msft >outlook. i'm tryi...

Send a worksheet to an open email
Hi Forum, Is there a way of sending an Excel sheet as an attachment to an email in Outlook that is already open. I have read through the forum and all replies seem to open a new email and then make the attachment, I need to do it the other way around if possible. Many thanks in advance. Graham If you have already looked at Ron's site, then I don't know where else to look. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm "Graham F" <GrahamF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8577CF-D580-40EE-B85D-33E01808E408@microsoft.com... > Hi Forum, ...

messages to network folders
Any ideas on how to have outlook send messages AUTOMATICALLY to netwrok folder? Looking do this based on subject line if possible Better yet to save files as *.*htm vs *.msg. Thanks in advance for any suggestion ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Spam filter blocked email
I have a Exchange 2003 server and we are running Symantec Enterprise anti virus edition. I activated the spam filtering with RBL on the Symantec software and all my incoming emails were sent back to the sender as blocked. My question is do I still have a copy of them somewhere on my Exchange server? On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:32:02 -0800, "fizhon61" <fizhon61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Exchange 2003 server and we are running Symantec Enterprise anti >virus edition. I activated the spam filtering with RBL on the Symantec >software and all my incoming ...