Forward Unopened messages?

I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any
spam emails.  The FTC has an email address
(uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that
don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options
however when I forward the message Outlook opens it.  Is
there a way to forward the offending spam email as an
attachment without opening it?

Thanks
Ted
0
anonymous (74722)

Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any
> spam emails.  The FTC has an email address
> (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that
> don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options
> however when I forward the message Outlook opens it.  Is
> there a way to forward the offending spam email as an
> attachment without opening it?

Create a new message and drag the unopened message from your Inbox to the
new message.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/4/2004 6:11:36 PM
Excellent - Thank you.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 7:20:04 PM
Brian, I just tried it and the attachement appeared to be
unopened in the new message however when I look back at
the junk folder where it came from it shows the message
as having ben opened.
Ted

0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 7:25:23 PM
Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Brian, I just tried it and the attachement appeared to be
> unopened in the new message however when I look back at
> the junk folder where it came from it shows the message
> as having ben opened.

That's the best I can do.
--
Brian Tillman
0
tillman1952 (16053)
6/4/2004 11:00:18 PM
Brian,
Thanks for trying but I think I may have found a way to
make it work.  Please pass it on to others so we can stop
these creeps.
I created a new folder on my desktop called "Spam"
Then I highlighted the unopened offending messages in
Outlook and dragged them into the new "Spam" folder where
they appeared as unopened Outlook messages listed as file
types "Outlook Item".
I then created my email to the FTC (uce@ftc.gov) and then
attached all the items (messages) from the "Spam" folder
to the new email.
I tested it on a good email and was able to open it ok
from the new folder just like a regular message and after
dragging to the new folder it did not open the original
message.

Ted

0
anonymous (74722)

Forward from provider or forward from Hotmail?
I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through Outlook. Does anyone else do this? Does anyone else not do this and have their mail forwarded from their provider to Hotmail, rather than having Hotmail handle the forward? Questions? Answers? Opinions? Thank you very much kind people, MHL MHL wrote: > I currently have my Comcast and Gmail forwarded to my Live account though my > Live account. It is very slow to get email this way on my computer through > Outlook. Does anyo...

outlook auto messages
I answer customer service question through email. most of my question are the same. therefore my reply are repeated. I type the same reply often. is there a way I can auto complete my replys? You can work with templates, AutoText (when setting Word as the e-mail editor) or create txt-files with answers and choose Insert-> File...-> dropdown on the Insert button-> Insert as Text -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ...

Message tracking in CRM 3.0
Hi I have contacts in crm that have 2 E-mail address and tracking only works for primary address, is it possible to track secondary email addresses ...

[HELP] Problems forwarding NDR reports to a Public Folder
I have a problem with Non Delivery Reports that tries to be sento topublic folder with mailbox, but only in a special condition. I think it is a permission problem, and I would have an help to solve it. This is the scenario: There are some USER MAILBOX, for example xxx@domain.com, for which I have set-up a *forward* to the address of a PUBLIC FOLDER with a mailbox called xxx1@domain.com. The Client Permissions in this public forder are: Default: contributor Anonymous: contributor Administrator: owner If user xxx@domain.com sends a mail to an existing server (for example hotmail), but to an...

off line messages
my outlook 2000 which syncs to exchange when i am connected to the LAN does not appear to be downloading the latest aavailable messages. when i go to view messags off line the last message is from two weeks ago. is there a setting that i am misssing? ...

forwarding emails between accounts in same AD Forest?
I am trying to setup a forwrding address for a user to forward to another mailbox of theirs which is in a different domain but same forest. I am selecting the account to forward to in the forward to box in the delivery options window in their AD account. But I am geting this error: A referral was returned from the server Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007202b Microsoft Active Cirectory - Exchange Extension Any have any ideas on ways around this. Many thanks Does the account you're using to make this delegation have sufficient rights in the other domain to look up the alternate recip...

.forwards
When we used pine email we could easily set it up to send a copy of ALL emails received to another address automatically. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this in Outlook. For more explanation - our students are assigned email addresses like abc1234@ourschool.edu. Many would rather use their yahoo or hotmail account. They want ALL of their mail sent on to the other account. What directions do I give to them to make that happen? Thanks so much AC Outlook is a client, not a mail server. You'd need to set this up on your server, if you've really decided that this is wh...

Sent message failed
I tried to send a message a while back and it got stuck. Now every time I open the news group I get the message Upload message to micro soft communities and then the status is that it failed. Is there any way I can delete that failed message? charles arnett Access the newsgroup through something like Google Groups, rather than through the evidently broken Microsoft web page? (I think this is what the MVPs refer to as NNTP access.) On Dec 26, 3:43=A0pm, "charles arnett" <cjarne...@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I tried to send a message a while back and it got stu...

email sends YES, reply NO, forward NO
Subject: Re: NO forward or reply in outlookXP From: "Eileen" > Sent: 7/13/2003 2:40:08 PM My account server properties ARE set to authenticate. I CAN send email. What I CANNOT DO is REPLY to or FORWARD and email. The error pops up immediately upon clicking the SEND button...before it leaves my PC (or so it seems) >-----Original Message----- >Simple - you cannot send mail through a server to which you are not >connected "relaying denied." > >You need to set your account server properties to allow you to authenticate. > > >-- >...

rules disabled after restoring message
I recently backed up my individual Exchange mailbox, and then, as a test, restored one Inbox message. Worked great. Shortly thereafter I noticed ALL my new messages going to my Inbox and not automatically routed to other subfolders, as per the Rules. I can fix this by rechecking the Rules in the Rules Wizard, but I would like to prevent it from happening in the first place. Anybody experience this? We're running Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec. ...

moving to next flder with unread messages ...
Hello Everyone, Do you know of a way where we can get the behavior like Outlook Express where you can move to the next folder with unread messages by hitting a key (like control+j) within Outlook? I would love that functionality. Jeff ...

Forward Unopened messages?
I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any spam emails. The FTC has an email address (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward spam emails that don't follow the regs or don't have opt-out options however when I forward the message Outlook opens it. Is there a way to forward the offending spam email as an attachment without opening it? Thanks Ted Ted <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to cut down spam and don't want to open any > spam emails. The FTC has an email address > (uce@ftc.govsite) where you can forward...

Error Message
Can you please help with the following error message I get each time a user updates the check box on a form that I have. I have a field that upon the after update events of a couple of checkbox controls is supposed to update to the current date if the checkbox is selected. I am getting an error message indicate the following: "The expression After Update you entered as the event property serrting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events." * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user define...

Signature not displayed in reply/forward
I've tried to search for a similar answers but can't quite find anything. I've set up an HTML signature for new emails, forwards and replies. All works fine until an inbound RTF email arrives and the signature doesn't appear in reply or forward automatically. I've checked the settings, I even tried the internet format conversion to HTML format for replies to inbound RTF. In message format I have both 'Use in MS Office Word 2003 to edit email messages' and 'Use MS Office Word 2003 to read RT email messages' are ticked. It's happening ...

Corrupt mail message
All, Has anyone heard of receiving a message that looks like this: "A corrupt mail message, ID 1184275272518 from <my.name@*********> has been detected." THis message is received seconds after sending messages and sometimes after replying to emails. It doesnt happen all the time, and when it does the message is still delivered with no problems. ANy ideas would be great thanks all. "Soldier" wrote in message news:1184353421.284270.42960@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone heard of receiving a message that looks like this: "A > corrupt mail m...

messages to network folders
Any ideas on how to have outlook send messages AUTOMATICALLY to netwrok folder? Looking do this based on subject line if possible Better yet to save files as *.*htm vs *.msg. Thanks in advance for any suggestion ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have an Outlook 2003 rule that is set to forward messages to another account and move them to a specific folder. All the messages are moved correctly, but many of them aren't forwarded. The ones that are forwarded show up in sent items, so I can clearly see that the rule is not even attempting to send them (i.e. the message wasn't sent but lost in transit due to server/connection issues). Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix it? Cheers, Chris. ...

Message Tracking Logs
If my questions is a stupid one, please excuse me because I'm just starting to learn exchange and can't find an answer at all on the internet, I was hired as a DBA and now i'm going to be the exchange guru. For some unknown reason, my message tracking logs display the wrong GMT time. I'm completely fine with them being that time zone, i have a sql dts processes that imports the logs and does the math for me. But the time on the log file is 4 hours ahead instead of 5 (ex. it's 9:55 am and the logs are reading 13:55 GMT). I've checked the time on the server and ...

I get a template download error message when download a template
while trying to download a template I get error msg "Template cannot be downloaded to fix make sure your computer is connected to internet. make sure browser is not in offline mode and try to download later. I try all this and still cannot download the template. Is you firewall software blocking it? jpga wrote: > while trying to download a template I get error msg "Template cannot be > downloaded to fix make sure your computer is connected to internet. make sure > browser is not in offline mode and try to download later. I try all this and > still can...

Layout on Replying to a message..
When "replying" to an email received the layout seems to be "stretched". By this I mean that the line spacing seems extremely large! I am composing in HTML, and although the reply text is at the correct font size, The line spacing appears to be very large. Any help, Greatly appreciated.. ...

PtReceiveNBL how to forward packet.
Hi, I'm had IM driver with 2 NICs. How do I forward a packet in PtReceiveNBL? What I'm trying to do is: If I receive a packet, I do checked if this packet for me I indicated it up. If it not for me I forward the packet on to another node. What I have tried and didn't work: duplicate the packet and used NdisSendNetBufferLists(pAdapt->BindingHandle, CurrentNetBufferList, PortNumber, SendFlags); to forward this packet. Can someone help me to get this wo...

delete all messages in queue
Is there a quick way to delete all the messages in a queue. We had a system problem and the offending system sent over 10k error messages. I disabled the outbound mail to prevent them from going out, but they are will in the queue. Is there a way to just delete them all at once? Darrell "Darrell" <eddy@latech.edu> wrote in message news:uozCDZB2GHA.868@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a quick way to delete all the messages in a queue. We had a > system problem and the offending system sent over 10k error messages. I > disabled the outbound mail to pre...

How "Re-send" message to newsgroup?
It looks like reading newsgroups is done with Outlook Express 6 (easily accessed thru IE6 by clicking Tools > Mail and News > Read News). Is there a way to "re-send" a message? I found ALL of the posts I've made in the "Sent Items" folder, but the only option to "re-send" that I've found is to highlight the original message, and click... a) the ReplyAll button, or b) right click and then click the ReplyToSender ....but either way I have to edit out all the ">" characters since it thinks I'm "replying". Isn't ...

how to forward mail to correct domains and Exch servers,
We have an NT 4 domain (call it "NT4") and a new AD domain (call it "AD"). Domain NT4 is NT 4 with Exchange 5.5. New domain AD with Windows 2003 and very soon Exchange 2003. We have one Internet domain name ("abc.com"). How can we have mail sent to user@abc.com get routed to the correct Exchange server on the correct domain? Currently our firewall passes all SMTP traffic to the NT4 Exchange 5.5 server. I'm thinking the answer is the ADC, but will this work between two different (but trusting) domains? If this is the answer, does the ADC end up "ins...

How to avoid the pop up message for updating links?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid the pop up message for updating links? There is value 123 in cell A1 under file1.xls, and There is a cell in B1 under file2,xls, which connect to cell A1 from file1.xls. When I open file2.xls, it requests for updating link. I have specified for updating links, under Edit > Links, that Excel always update links, and save it, when I open it next time, message, box is still pop up for confirmation. Do you have any suggestions on how to skip the confirmation on updating links? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric, On...