Formatting phone numbers in Outlook 2003

Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in
Outlook 2003 so that they appear as xxx yyy zzzz that is no
dashes, no parentheses?

If I am going to synch to my PDA I want the numbers as
short as possible and, to me, as readable as possible.

Steve
0
stevee21 (1)

No. Masking of phone numbers is hard coded and based on your default dialing
location.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Steve E." <stevee21@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Does anybody have a way of formatting the phone numbers in
> Outlook 2003 so that they appear as xxx yyy zzzz that is no
> dashes, no parentheses?
>
> If I am going to synch to my PDA I want the numbers as
> short as possible and, to me, as readable as possible.
>
> Steve

0
russval (3097)

Outlook automatically delete somes messages without consent
Hello Outlook and Exchange fans! First post here, for an Outlook issue I didn't succeed to resolve up to now. One of my user has Outlook 2007 SP1 with update from august '09 (Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB969907)) She discovered that some of its emails are received and instantly deleted without notice nor consent (she haven't time to read them in Inbox, messages are deleted and are not visible in Deleted Items folder, only in Recover Deleted Items window). Every time I try to recover the deleted item, it is deleted, only visible in Recover Deleted It...

negative number format

outlook problem (information store could not be opened)
I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the information store could not be opened. Is there a way to fix this problem. I really need to go in and look at my recent e-mails also. Thanks. Sheldon What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sheldon asked: | I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the | information store could n...

Change date format to European format

someone help kenny
Outlook 2002 - i have a pst file on my FILE server, i share it with the wife, calendar, contacts ect... (of course we can not both be into it at the same time), is there anyway when i open that shared pst file on the file server, that i can get it to sync with my pst file on my pc? ...

Formatting just some rows

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

exchange 2003 wont send mail
i have exchge2003 set it up about a week ago. and all was fine. until today when i notice no mail is going out. and can recieve mail from various place ok. but out going mail is just getting lost. The question is where to i look first to trouble shoot this. Now i can send mail enternally with no problem James, What is the problem? You state "and all was fine. until today when i notice no mail is going out." Then you state "Now i can send mail enternally with no problem" And you say you can receive email from outside, so I am confused as to what the problem is. Dan ...

freezing formatting

Another workstation modifies outlook.pst
Recently it started happening that i am in outlook, and suddenly cannot do anything. I get the message "Unable to display the folder. The file ....outlook.pst could not be accessed because another workstation has modified it. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." But, this is totally incorrect; impossible. Nothing else it touching this file. This used to happen very rarely, but is now happening frequently and is a real hassle. Can anything be done about it? Does anybody know what the explanation for this behavior is? Thank you. Tom Is the PST file b...

Outlook express columns
Hi In outlook express I've created a sub folder in the Sent Items folders but it shows the column format used by the Inbox folder. If I change the columns it changes the columns for all folders exept Sent Items. How do I set different folders to show different columns ? Thanks Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Negative number formatting

Remove the brackets for area code of phone number
Is there any way to remove the default brackets for area code of a phone number? I am using Outlook 2003. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Scott "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message news:%23Lhk9EZkHHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to remove the default brackets for area code of a phone > number? I am using Outlook 2003. Your advice is appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Scott You could use our find & replace utility - you can download it from http://www.lbetoolbox.com/findreplace.htm -- John Blessing http://w...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Outlook 2007 "profile"
Frustrating. When I open Outlook 2007, the program displays a "Choose Profile" screen (with only one option, called Outlook). This is rather new, and I don't know what I did to cause this. I simply want Outlook to open normally without this Profile screen. Any thoughts or comments? By the way, I did check the block that says to make this profile the default -- that didn't help. Thanks. EW Open the mail applet in the control panel. Select show profiles button. Your after the settings at the bottom of the dialog. "Lone Star" <ewyatt_del_me-@excit...

Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard missing
I re-installed Office 2002 but the "Rules Wizard" in Outlook 2002 is missing. How do I get it back? Are you in a mail folder when trying to access the Rules Wizard? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Pat Jenkins asked: | I re-installed Office 2002 but the "Rules Wizard" in | Outlook 2002 is missing. | | How do I get it back? ...

Urgent help: Money 2004 trial back to 2003
Hi. I have received money 2003 with my laptop last year and used it ever since. Resently I downloaded the 2004 trial version and used it for the monthly period. As I just use it for my home finances I didn't see a need to buy the 2004 version just yet and so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 2003 version. The problem is that I can't open my money file anymore or restore the backup. I have tried installing the 2005 trial, but that doesn't work either. What can I do? please help... sam I can't speak for what's going on with M05. That should work, though you mig...

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Make Outlook open a reply-to e-mail address
Hi I have a reply-to e-mail address in my inbox and when I click on it my other e-mail program Agent opens How do I configure Outlook to open instead? -- Martin ���� Is Outlook set as your default mail program? Check on the Programs tab of the Control Panel's Internet applet "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:p9gkc457bstk6g6u4f3qqhnt3fdt6mdeee@4ax.com... > > Hi > I have a reply-to e-mail address in my inbox and when I click on it my > other e-mail program Agent opens > How do I configure Outlook to open instead? On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:38:43 ...

outlook 2002 #53
I am using Outlook 2002 (part of XP Office Pro. When I send anyone a note I get a copy of the note sent in my in-box. This is new with the Outlook 2002. Know any way to prevent this? Do you have a rule setup to do that since it's not a feature I can remember... "Tom Kress" <tkress@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:0aca01c3a574$59443ee0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2002 (part of XP Office Pro. > > When I send anyone a note I get a copy of the note sent in > my in-box. > > This is new with the Outlook 2002. Know any way to > prevent t...