Form of phone numbers in contact list

I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed
to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the
number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to help from
Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded
on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently the fact that
the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something
like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizing that the incoming
number is one that is in the contacts list...  So, the question here is how
do I change the form in which the phone number is stored in MS Outlook to be
###-###-#### instead of (###) ###-####?

Thanks, Don

0
holmesdw (2)

Clearly that is Blackberry's job, not Outlook's. Outlook's job is to present
one consistent format to all clients. It is the clients' responsibility to
know what that format is and how to use it. Tell Blackberry to get its act
together.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Don Holmes" <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
>Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is
>supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact
>(should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to
>help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're
>being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently
>the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead
>of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizing that the
>incoming number is one that is in the contacts list...  So, the question
>here is how do I change the form in which the phone number is stored in MS
>Outlook to be ###-###-#### instead of (###) ###-####?
>
> Thanks, Don

0
russval1 (2100)
11/20/2007 6:35:29 PM
Hello Russ,

Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful as I've
clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen other posts by
MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable regarding the form of
the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So, please ignore the reason for my
question and let me know if there is a public way to configure Outlook to
store the numbers in different ways.

Thanks, Don

> Clearly that is Blackberry's job, not Outlook's. Outlook's job is to
> present one consistent format to all clients. It is the clients'
> responsibility to know what that format is and how to use it. Tell
> Blackberry to get its act together.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Don Holmes" <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
>>Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is
>>supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact
>>(should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to
>>help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're
>>being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently
>>the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead
>>of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizing that
>>the incoming number is one that is in the contacts list...  So, the
>>question here is how do I change the form in which the phone number is
>>stored in MS Outlook to be ###-###-#### instead of (###) ###-####?
>>
>> Thanks, Don

0
holmesdw (2)
11/20/2007 7:55:35 PM
Not sure what you were seeing, but in fact masking of phone numbers in
Outlook is hard coded and always has been for the reasons I mentioned. I
don't see how Outlook could be designed any other way.
--
> Hello Russ,
>
> Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful as
> I've clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen other
> posts by MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable regarding
> the form of the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So, please ignore the
> reason for my question and let me know if there is a public way to
> configure Outlook to store the numbers in different ways.
>
> Thanks, Don
>

> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Clearly that is Blackberry's job, not Outlook's. Outlook's job is to
>> present one consistent format to all clients. It is the clients'
>> responsibility to know what that format is and how to use it. Tell
>> Blackberry to get its act together.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "Don Holmes" <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>>I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook
>>>Contacts list.  The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is
>>>supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact
>>>(should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working.  According to
>>>help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're
>>>being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook.  Specifically, apparently
>>>the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-####
>>>instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from
>>>realizing that the incoming number is one that is in the contacts list...
>>>So, the question here is how do I change the form in which the phone
>>>number is stored in MS Outlook to be ###-###-#### instead of (###)
>>>###-####?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Don

0
russval1 (2100)
11/20/2007 8:16:30 PM
Don Holmes <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful
> as I've clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen
> other posts by MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable
> regarding the form of the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So,
> please ignore the reason for my question and let me know if there is
> a public way to configure Outlook to store the numbers in different
> ways.

Enter your phone numbers with no punctuation (i.e., ### ### ####) so that
Outlook cannot recognize it as a phone number and I think Outlook will leave
it alone.  Perhaps your BB will be able to handle that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/21/2007 2:42:49 PM
Doesn't work here. Any 10 digits you enter get masked unless you enclose
them in quotation marks.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> Don Holmes <holmesdw@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, as much as I may agree with you the answer wasn't very helpful
>> as I've clearly worked this with Blackberry already.  I've also seen
>> other posts by MVPs that indicate that indeed Outlook is configurable
>> regarding the form of the phone numbers stored in Contacts.  So,
>> please ignore the reason for my question and let me know if there is
>> a public way to configure Outlook to store the numbers in different
>> ways.
>
> Enter your phone numbers with no punctuation (i.e., ### ### ####) so that
> Outlook cannot recognize it as a phone number and I think Outlook will
> leave it alone.  Perhaps your BB will be able to handle that.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
russval1 (2100)

price list issue
Is there a way to manually enter the Price Per Unit when adding a new Opportunity Product? There is no set price for the product we are dealing with. Picking the product from a list is no problem, I just don't want the prices to be a set number. Right now the PPU is filled in based on quantity and the price that is entered in the product list. No.You cannot enter Amount for a rpoduct in the Opportunity stage but definitely during the Quote, Order stage, you can manually add the price for an existing or a new product. You'll have to get this customized if it is Important i...

Formating Alignment based on numbers
How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? On Feb 15, 4:05 pm, littleredhairedgirl <littleredhairedg...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? Hi littlehairedgirl, have a look at these sites: * http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html * http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/CustomFormats.htm * http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/ffae8c65eba4d9c8?hl=en Have a nice day Michael ...

copying projects list in classification 1 to projects list in business module
I have used MS Money Small Business since it came out but I'm "locked-out" of the invoicing features because my projects list is in Classification 1 (as suggested by Microsoft when Money first came out) rather than the dedicated projects list in the business module. Can these two databases be linked? Can the project number- names in Classification 1 be copied and pasted to the projects list in the business module? The latter was suggested by MS support in India but the edit functions cut/copy/paste are grayed-out in Classification 1 so this doesn't seem to be a viabl...

Can i recall an entire list in an excel spreadsheet
Can i create a formula that will recall a list of data bound by a course number. For example if i have a book list which are separated by subject type can i recall this list by entering a single piece of data. What do you want to do with the entire list?, do you want to be able to select one or do you want to use it in a calculation? Luis Verdejo;575226 Wrote: > Can i create a formula that will recall a list of data bound by a course > number. For example if i have a book list which are separated by > subject > type can i recall this list by entering a single pi...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

return number
can someone tell me how to return a line in my query that shows the first number in this field : S-7L/8L result = 7 Number or digit? What is the expected result of this: S-72L/8L You might have to create a Function to find this result. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 2:16 pm, "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote: > can someone tell me how to return a line in my query that shows the first > number in this field : S-7L/8L > > result = 7 ...

Moving All Contacts from Express to Outlook
After using Outlook Express for years I am trying to convert to Outlook 2002. I imported all my emails, folder etc just fine but I am struggling with the contacts. It imported some of my contacts but in Express I had several distribution lists that it didnt import. Also I can't figure out how to set them up in Outlook 2002 as seperate distribution lists. What am I missing? Thanks! <tisterryak@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169839371.055253.323090@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > After using Outlook Express for years I am trying to convert to Outlook > 2002. I impor...

catching the error number
I'm catching an exception when I try to listen with my WinSocket control. To try this code I'm trying to open a socket in a port already used: try { if (m_WinSock.GetState()!=0) m_WinSock.Close(); m_WinSock.SetLocalPort( portNumber ); m_WinSock.Listen(); } catch(CException *e) { char info[300]; UINT code; e->GetErrorMessage( info, 300, &code ); TRACE( "Exception opening Server TCP Port: %s -->ID:%d\n", info, code ); } I'm trying to get the error ID into the variable "code" and always getting code=0. I don't know if 0 is the error number...

Account list showing incorrect balance
Hi Money 2004 std, Canadian version. When I view my account list in money, one of the accounts has an incorrect balance and is exactly $1000 out. When I click on the account in question the balance displays correctly and all transactions are present. How can I resolve this? TIA KIWI In microsoft.public.money, KIWI wrote: > >Money 2004 std, Canadian version. > >When I view my account list in money, one of the accounts has an incorrect >balance and is exactly $1000 out. When I click on the account in question >the balance displays correctly and all transactions a...

OAB & Members of distribution lists
Hi, if Exchange 2003 generates the Offline Address Book the Distribution lists are included. If I open a Distribution list in Outlook Adressbook I can't read the members of the list. Can I generate a OAB with the members of distribution list, I can't find some switches in the System Manager. Any ideas ? ...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

how delete all contacts in outlook
I recently setup a new computer and imported a cvs file to Outlook contacts. It created a separated contacts file, now I have 3 contacts folders, one Contacts has only names init, Contacts in Mswings11@hotmail.com has all information in it, a second contacts has all information in it. Outlook 2007, Was there a question you wanted to post? If so state it clearly. -- Russ Valentine "mswings" <mswings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D849E912-A92F-4F70-B9C1-F1488F5AF202@microsoft.com... >I recently setup a new computer and imported a cvs file t...

Not getting album title list
I have been doing this for YEARS and all of a sudden after installing iTunes to listen to the FREE starbucks songs, ripping CDs no longer shows the title listing. Also I noticed the installling iTunes, changes the pop-up menu when I insert a new CD. How can I restore this ? The 'Library/More Options' has 'retrieve additional info' already checked. I tried to remove media player to reinstall but Program List does not include Media Player. When I try to download/install from the Microsoft download site it says my version is news, can't downgrade. Help please ......

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

Outlook Contacts phone numbers
I have Windows XP pro with Office 2007 and a verizon Ozone phone runing windows 6.1. I sync my Outlook to the phone locally through Activesync. My problem is, I add phone numbers to my contacts in Outllok, and the when I try to call them from my windows phone, the phone sees the number as international and the call fails. Apparently this is because the number has an extention. Verizons answer is to edit the phone number on the phone itself and add the letter p where outlook puts an x (for extention). this works until you edit the person in outlook then the x is put back ...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Converting Leads to Opp/Account/Contact creates unresolved emails
Hi, We have noticed that Converting Leads to Opp/Account/Contact creates unresolved emails. We use CRM 4.0 and we are tracking all emails in CRM. When a Lead is converted to an Account, Contact, and Opportunity, the email address is copied to both the Account and the Contact. Every further email received from the customer is then unresolved in CRM. Is there a way to define what is copied so that we can have only the email in the Contact updated, and the email in the Account left blank? Thank you! -- Laura Barber On Aug 19, 5:31=A0am, Laura Barber <laura-at-progsys-dot-net> w...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

save items to contacts subfolder
I am using Access to automate outlook. I want to save the items in a subfolder of my contacts folder. I have this so far sub MakeContact() dim ol as outlook.application dim ns as outlook.namespace dim fldr as outlook.mapifolder dim myC as outlook.contactitem set ol = new outlook.application set ns = ol.getnamespace("MAPI") set fldr = ol.getdefaultfolder(olFolderContacts) set fldr2 = fldr.folders("My Folder") 'blah blah blah end sub my dilema is that it save the created contactitem to the main contacts folder. The idea is to save th...

List of Inbound Routes for Exchange 5.5 Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 Server that has almost 100 inbound routes. Is there anywhere that I can find the a list of all the routes (like the registry) and put them into a text file? Thanks Rance route print from the command line if I understand hte question... -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Rancehood" <Rancehood_No_Sp_am@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKyIG2g3EHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have an Exchange 5.5 Server that has almost 100 inbound routes. Is there > anywhere that I can f...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Images in drop down list
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for help tryig to have very small images be the data in a drop down list. I basically would like to have these smalll images appear in the drop down list, and of course remain there and print as well. I've tried to trick excel with hyperlinks and even some Active X stuff but really don't know what I'm doing there... Does anyone know if it can be done ? and if so how ? Thanks a bunch ! -Bruno Hi Bruno AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Brew Know wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I'm looking for help...

Catching duplicate Customer PO numbers
Would like the Customer Purchase Order Number field on the Sales Order to have a character recognition format to help detect duplicate customer purchase order numbers that may be entered in error. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

SFO and Sync only owned contacts
I have installed SFO, and it is working fine. It seems that the sync looks at what Business Unit I am a member of, and grabs all contacts from Owners in that Business Unit to sync to my Outlook Contact folder. Is there a way to just sync my owned contacts instead of the entire Business Unit? Thanks for any feedback, -Todd Really appreciate the reply. A seperate Business Unit is something I had not considered. Not ideal, but gets around the issue. -Todd >-----Original Message----- >CRM is very limited in allowing users to select the >records they would like to sync. The...