Form Fields In Outlook Template

Help !!!

I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help.

What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields
(Text, drop down boxes, etc.....)

However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot
use Word as your editor.

But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form
Toolbar.

This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out.

Help !!!

Thank you

See my response to your other post on this issue.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"Chip" <chiplotrich@comcast.net> wrote in message =
> Help !!!
>=20
> I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help.
>=20
> What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form =
fields
> (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....)
>=20
> However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you =
cannot
> use Word as your editor.
>=20
> But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form
> Toolbar.
>=20
> This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this =
out.
>=20
> Help !!!
>=20
> Thank you
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
4/19/2005 1:48:49 PM
I do appreciate your response, however, as I mentioned - I am not a
developer and would rather not use Forms.

It seems easier than that

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Chip" <chiplotrich@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Help !!!
>
> I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help.
>
> What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form
> fields
> (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....)
>
> However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot
> use Word as your editor.
>
> But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form
> Toolbar.
>
> This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out.
>
> Help !!!
>
> Thank you

Excel,Auto fit
How can I make a large text field display all the lines on my spreadsheet and when I print it. About 1024k of characters will print, otherwise you'd need to use a text box Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ancastle" wrote: > How can I make a large text field display all the lines on my spreadsheet and > when I print it. Oops! Not 1024k, about 1kb or 1024 characters Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > About 1024k of characters will print, otherwise you'd need to use a text box > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > "ancastle"...

transfer publisher template to word
i have a made a greeting card from a template a friend has offered to print them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word on his computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv in word?? paul 1 wrote: > i have a made a greeting card from a template a friend has offered to print > them out but does not have publisher on his computer but has word on his > computer is there any way to change the format so he can open itv in word?? You would have to copy/paste the template on your computer, by opening the Publisher template, then opening Wo...

Outlook mail profiles
Ok, some of my instalations of Outlook have the ability to choose (Prompt for profile) as a checkbox in the (mail properties) tab, and some do not. I have MS office 2000 Pro installed, with "Outlook 2000 SR-1" I can not seem to set this up for multiple mail profiles and it is upsetting. Anyone know how? This seems to be a bug, or an undocumented "feature" that continues to crop up. I can not find any solution to this in the KB as the solution they give (see below) does not apply as there is no check box, nor can I find a setting to prodcue one. Niether of t...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

User Defined Field (String)
Does anyone know of a way I can force a user-defined field (I'm working specifically with User Defined 1 in Sales Trx Entry - a String(20) field) to force formatting at data entry time to US dollar (eg. $100.00) formatting? Either with VBA or Modifier? I would need to do this a couple of individual User Defined fields in the SOP User Defined fields entry window. Thanks in advance. Not a good way to do this - you could maybe use a vba event to format the data after the user enters it but vba isn't real happy typically of setting the current field when running its ...

how delete all contacts in outlook
I recently setup a new computer and imported a cvs file to Outlook contacts. It created a separated contacts file, now I have 3 contacts folders, one Contacts has only names init, Contacts in Mswings11@hotmail.com has all information in it, a second contacts has all information in it. Outlook 2007, Was there a question you wanted to post? If so state it clearly. -- Russ Valentine "mswings" <mswings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D849E912-A92F-4F70-B9C1-F1488F5AF202@microsoft.com... >I recently setup a new computer and imported a cvs file t...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

Outlook and Wordmail
I have a problem with Wordmail opening in full screen mode when I start Outlook. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening or how Outlook starts Wordmail ie. what to look for in registry? Heidi Chan <hchan@inbox.com.au> wrote: > I have a problem with Wordmail opening in full screen mode when I > start Outlook. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening or > how Outlook starts Wordmail ie. what to look for in registry? Click Tools>Options>Mail Format and uncheck the option to use Word as the editor. -- Brian Tillman Testing out NewsHound, pleas...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

Outlook Contacts phone numbers
I have Windows XP pro with Office 2007 and a verizon Ozone phone runing windows 6.1. I sync my Outlook to the phone locally through Activesync. My problem is, I add phone numbers to my contacts in Outllok, and the when I try to call them from my windows phone, the phone sees the number as international and the call fails. Apparently this is because the number has an extention. Verizons answer is to edit the phone number on the phone itself and add the letter p where outlook puts an x (for extention). this works until you edit the person in outlook then the x is put back ...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Report broken down by results from a calculated field
Hello, I have a query which calculates a date which is 100 days from the initial referral date. Other fields in the query are: patient ID, date of surgery and the reason why no surgery within 100 days of referral if applicable (this field is added through a combobox that only gives choice of 3 options). I would need a report that groups the results of the calculated field (those who had surgery within 100 days of initial referral, those who did not have surgery within 100 days and those who do not yet have surgery date. Those who do NOT have surgery within 100 days of referral, I nee...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Outlook 2003 Live questions
With an Outlook Live subscription, will I be able to keep my desktop and notebook synchronized? I am monitoring up to 16 e-mail accounts related to our website (webmaster, newsletter, unsubscribe, subscribe etc.) in addition to my business e-mail and my personal e-mail. These are all POP3 accounts hosted on 3 different servers. a) can I choose to monitor some accounts via Outlook Live and some through regular Outlook 2003 (which will not be synchronized between the 2 pc's)? b) is there a limit to how many POP3 accounts I can use in Outlook Live? c) can I send e-mail from an...

How to create Lookup fields
Hi ! Is it possible to create lookup fields ? During my customization I added a field mapping to contacts, created that field in the deployment manager & mapped it to Contact but on the form it's always a text field and not a lookup ,any ideas??? v1.2 of CRM does not support adding lookup fields. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:22:12 -0700, "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi ! Is it possible to create lookup fields ? During my customization I added a field map...

Web Folders in Outlook
I'm looking at designing a solution using web-pages that outlook folders point to. I can see how this is done (setting the Properties/WebSite dialogue to point to a URL) but I'm wondering if there is some way to automatically configure Outlook with a hierarchy of folders that point to web-pages. I'm just thinking through deployment scenarios - and it'd be useful to be able to setup Outlook clients automatically...somehow. Thanks! --- Phil (NZ) ...

pst file outlook 2002
I get this message when i try to open Outlook 2002: Unable to display the folder. The file C:\...outlook\outlook.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (shift+del) delete them. I realize that the mailbox has alot of messages stored up, but how am i supposed to delete some of them, if i cannot even view the folder? please help thanks See this page: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apol...

Saving changes to a previously created template
Hi I am having a frustrating time updating my paperwork to bring it all up to date, please read below. firstly create your would be template save as - name.dot or .dotx then close the template and close word down. open word open the template you just created make changes to template at this point this is where I have a problem! try and save the template with the changes with the same name I get a message saying Word cannot give a document the same name as an open document, Type a different name for the document you want to save. this worked perfectly fine in office 2003...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

After renaming a mailbox, Outlook only shows Inbox messages upto the name change time.
Hello, Having a weird problem. I renamed a mailbox-enabled functional account in active directory (display name, last name, DN) but I didn't change the Exchange alias. Now when I add the mailbox as a delegate to my folder list in Outlook, it only shows mail upto the time of the name change in the Inbox. If I click on File - Open other user's folder and choose the Inbox that way, it shows all the mail. Any idea? I've done all the obvious things like creating a new profile, deleting the forms cache, but no change. Outlook 2003/XP with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. ...

my outlook is not receiving email???
Please advise -I cannot receive emails from outlook................everything was normal until Sunday March 28th. Your post isn't helpful at all. Is it possible for you to say whether there are any error messages on the screen? Version of OL and operating system? You should understand that everybody is operating in a different environment and so you should give as much info as possible to find the perfect solution for you. Did you install any updates or any software. Did you have any viruses. Did you use those useless registry cleaners. hth alexjo wrote: > &g...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Outlook Junk Mail
I mistake added my friend's email address to the junk sender list. How can i remove her from this list? Anna Anna, Please try these steps: 1. Click the Organize button 2. Click Junk E-Mail in the Organizer 3. Click the "Click Here" link. 4. Click the link for "Edit Junk Senders" 5. Select the user and then click Delete. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "anna" <anna_vitale@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:07fa01c36caa$a889d030$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...