Form C++ Forum

Which forum should I post requests to for c++ form info.

Investigation forms server in c++ and have the sample working but which to
ask some design questions - should I post here??

Answers on a post card please :o)

There is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues =
"down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web =
interface, at =
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso=
ft.public.outlook.program_vba

Or if you're building an Outlook add-in use =
microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"T-rev" <trevor_getty@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
> Which forum should I post requests to for c++ form info.
>=20
> Investigation forms server in c++ and have the sample working but =
which to=20
> ask some design questions - should I post here??
>=20
> Answers on a post card please :o)
>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
10/5/2006 2:21:29 PM
Thanks for the response.

I have tried posting to the add ins group but no response so far.  I have
tried the forms group but this is mostly VBA posts.  I don't see a specific
one for c++.  We may have the necessity to implement a forms server - is
there a starting point for each of the base forms in c++??

At the moment I have had to design from scratch which bearing in mind I only
want to extend the standard forms with additional information seems a little
excessive.

My icons problem which sent me down this route unfortunately has been
answered by a developer on outlook and unfortunately you only have one entry
point for the icons - the PR_ICON_INDEX of -1 forces outlook to look at the
registry for the icon for that message class which leads us to only be able
to have one icon per messageClass.  It was a nice idea to have more pending
on state - if anyone has any ideas of how to paint over the standard icons
after outlooks ONPaint drop me a line.

Thanks.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"T-rev" <trevor_getty@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Which forum should I post requests to for c++ form info.
>
> Investigation forms server in c++ and have the sample working but which to
> ask some design questions - should I post here??
>
> Answers on a post card please :o)

If you are building custom Outlook forms with Extended MAPI and C++, =
then your questions would be best handled in a discussion group for =
Extended MAPI issues; see =
http://www.outlookcode.com/archive0/d/mapi.htm#discussion

I am not aware of any way to extend the standard forms using C++ and =
ExMAPI, but that's not my area of expertise.=20

Outlook 2007's form region feature supports multiple icons.=20

> Thanks for the response.
>=20
> I have tried posting to the add ins group but no response so far.  I =
have=20
> tried the forms group but this is mostly VBA posts.  I don't see a =
specific=20
> one for c++.  We may have the necessity to implement a forms server - =
is=20
> there a starting point for each of the base forms in c++??
>=20
> At the moment I have had to design from scratch which bearing in mind =
I only=20
> want to extend the standard forms with additional information seems a =
little=20
> excessive.
>=20
> My icons problem which sent me down this route unfortunately has been=20
> answered by a developer on outlook and unfortunately you only have one =
entry=20
> point for the icons - the PR_ICON_INDEX of -1 forces outlook to look =
at the=20
> registry for the icon for that message class which leads us to only be =
able=20
> to have one icon per messageClass.  It was a nice idea to have more =
pending=20
> on state - if anyone has any ideas of how to paint over the standard =
icons=20
> after outlooks ONPaint drop me a line.
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> There is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming =
issues=20
> "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via web=20
> interface, at=20
> =
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso=
ft.public.outlook.program_vba
>=20
> Or if you're building an Outlook add-in use=20
> microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
>=20
> "T-rev" <trevor_getty@yahoo.com> wrote in message=20
>> Which forum should I post requests to for c++ form info.
>>
>> Investigation forms server in c++ and have the sample working but =
which to
>> ask some design questions - should I post here??
>>
>> Answers on a post card please :o)
>>

>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

How do I switch from 1,2,3... back to A,B,C... column reference na
I noticed in Excel 2003 both the rows and columns are numbered. As far creating and maintaining Excel formulas, I'd prefer the previous column labeling. Does anyone know how to switch back to the A,B,C labeling once a file has been saved and updated to the latest version of Excel? C, tools, options, general, uncheck R1C1 ref. style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "C. White" <C. White@discussions.mi...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Cannot search forum
No results are showing anytime I try to search this forum with the most basic word....I never had problems before....anyone else having problems with querying the forum today? yes. and yesterday. and the day before. i think. i forget. anyway. MS is having one of it's mood where it just decides no to work. annoying at times. and this time google groups (which this forum seems to feed) want not working either. this is why some users have switched to news readers. not sure if you want to go that far. point is that now and then, this forum will just quit for a while, a day, two...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

from sub form to main form
Hope someone can help on this. I have an a form with a sub form and I’m trying to get some calculated results From my sub to show up in my main form. The Main Form is Job_Sheet_2 The Sub Form is work_hours_sub On the sub I have the following fields that are populated from a query. The criteria for the query comes from a combo box on the main form. JobID EmployeeID StopDate HundredTime The following are field that I added Labor_charge { Fixed Value} Extended { =[Labor_Charge]*[hundredtime} In the footer of my Sub I have the following Text12 ...

Outlook form cache problem
In the company where I work, we use custom forms without code. The custom forms are used as a forced form when a new appointment or meeting request is made in a resource calendar (in a public folder). When an existing appointment is opened, most of the time the form is showed. However several times a week there is a problem with the form cache and the default appointment form is displayed instead of the custom form. The problems occur when the user has opened multiple appointments in the same resource calendar. The custom forms in other resource calendars are still available for this u...

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

Updating Check Boxes in User Form does not change worksheet
I have a user Form with several Check Boxes on it. When I check or uncheck the Boxes it does not change the boxes in the workbook/worksheet. The User Form is a different workbook then the Worksheet I want to update. When you click on the Check box on the worksheet it shows "Check Box ##". This is the same Workbook/Sheet reference I am using for several other things and they all update correctly. What did I do wrong? Here is the code I was trying to use: Private Sub Update_Installer_Forms_8_Click() With Workbooks("Master Installer Forms.xlsm").Sheets(&quo...