Forget to attach attachment

Once in awhile, in my hectic days,  I forget to attach a file to an email.
Is there a way in Outlook to prevent an email from being sent
when I use the word 'attachment' in the body of the email when
I forget to attach the file?

I'd rather not use a 3rd party product to accomplish this.
0
tech (12)

You can build it in with a little VBA code. See
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=553

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"NH tech" <NH tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Once in awhile, in my hectic days,  I forget to attach a file to an email.
> Is there a way in Outlook to prevent an email from being sent
> when I use the word 'attachment' in the body of the email when
> I forget to attach the file?
>
> I'd rather not use a 3rd party product to accomplish this.

0
suemvp (4038)

jpg attachments #3
When I receive email with a jpg attachment, I get the following error when I double click it to view: "The system cannot find a path specified." However, any other attachments (ie doc, xls, pdf . . ) I can view by double clicking. I know the system can really "find" the file because I can save the attachment and view it from Explorer. When I first installed Office 2003, I could douoble click a jpg attachment to view it. Can anyone help with what may have happened? thanks rsmjr Clear you Temporary Internet Files and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net ...

Attaching of Multiple Links
I want to link 50 cells from mutliple spreadsheet (total links 1083). The cells are in consecutive order in each spreadsheet. Is there a way to link multiple cells at one time? Or do I have to do each one seperately? ...

Archiving Email Attachments
We're looking into creating an office policy for archiving emails and their attachments. We have 2 ideas so far, the first is to create public folders on the exchange server to allow office wide access to project emails. The second is to create .pst files which are placed on our network and have them loaded into outlook for anyone working on the specific project. One difficulty is dealing with attachments. Some attachments we receive must be accessible to multiple employees. We'd like to avoid duplicating attachments by keeping them locked into emails and also placing copies ...

how outlook combine splitted attachment back to one?
In Outlook, how can I combine several emails with splitted big-size attachment back into one? I see Outlook Express can do this automatically, it's pity Outlook without this feature! Rgds, Dove <it@andrewliu.com.hk> wrote in message news:%231nLmXxEJHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > In Outlook, how can I combine several emails with splitted big-size > attachment back into one? Download from the Internet one of the may tools available to do this. I like UUD32Win, available from http://www.marks-lab.com/ > I see Outlook Express can do this automatically, it's p...

why are my attachments greyed out??!!
Why is it that everytime someone e-mails me, I don't even have th option of saving the attachment. I can't even view the pictures m brother is sending me. Anything that is an attachment is just grey whe I click the paperclip. I've never had this happen before. PLEASE HELP! Feel free to e-mail responses (if I can get them!!:mad:.) Thanks Jeffie and Kell ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow....

Outlook Attachment Problem
Since upgrading from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002, I can receive attachments such as .xls. But I have not been able to receive attachments in the .pdf format. When a pdf file is attached to a message, it appears to be downloading based on the time it takes, but when the message is opened, the attachment is not there, and no paper clip icon appears. Help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

Blocking attachments, sorry this is ridiculous
I just want to go on record to give my opinion of this "always block" garbage that has apparently recently been incorporated into the full version of outlook. I'M SORRY MICROSOFT, I DO NOT NEED YOU TO PROTECT ME FROM MYSELF, I WILL BE DITCHING YOUR PROGRAM JUST AS SOON AS I CAN BECAUSE I WILL NOT HAVE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF ATTACHMENTS I'M ALLOWED TO HAVE ON MY EMAIL. I AM NOT YOUR TYPICAL BRAINLESS IGNORAMOUS COMPUTER USER THAT BRAINLESSLY OPENS UP EVERY ATTACHMENT. I WANT, NO DEMAND, THE ABILITY TO CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS ON SOFTWARE THAT I HAVE PAI...

Auto Attachment.
Hi, Each time I sent an email, a file will be automatically attached without my knowledge!! How do I solve this? Thanks a million! Do you have a vcard signature going out with each message? What is the name of the file? Cheers "Maleen" <maleen@lintrex.com.sg> wrote in message news:265301c49ae5$29286d00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Each time I sent an email, a file will be automatically > attached without my knowledge!! How do I solve this? > Thanks a million! what is the file? Which version of Outlook and do you use word as the editor? If it'...

Forget Both of My Postings
I'll get my head together yet! What is really happening in MSPublisher when I attempt to open the website .pub file is the Warning message that says it has to close, and asks me to send a message to MS, which I have done a couple times, but with not response, per usual. I now click Don't Send, and MSPublisher closes. When I look at the "Details" it contains a host of info that I would never understand. I am hoping that someone may have experienced what I am experiencing, and could help me out. I believe that I previously said that my other .pub files are opening, ...

Attachment Security Warning...
I have a user that is receiving a roster by email that is created in excel and every time he tries to open it he gets the following errors; By double clicking on the file he gets...Attachment Security Warning! WARNING! This file may contain a virus that can be harmful to your computer.... options are to Save to Disk... or Cancel Select Save to Disk Outlook could not save the file. OK So I tried to save it to disk, Right click and Save As then I get the message... Cannot save the attachment. Can't create file: roster.xls. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then c...

Attaching a case to a Quote or Oder
Fairly new to 3.0. Wandering if there is any way to attach a Service Case to a Quote or Order? Not in a supported manner. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Rodriguez" <Rodriguez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91667C9A-4AC4-48AF-8E76-F88947A04C46@microsoft.com... Fairly new to 3.0. Wandering if there is any way to attach a Service Case to a Quote or Order? One of my clients just created a field where they copy and paste the CAS-# from the Case to the Order (for parts orders, e.g.). (Note: one problem we haven't figured a workaround for is that...

pictures as an attachment
I am attempting to attach about 12 photos to an email. I have no problem doing that but when i preview the message before i send it, i find that the pictures are visible in the message as well as being attached. How do i send photos JUST AS AN ATTACHMENT? Are you using attach or insert? "Kathryn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996901c48676$e4d14780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am attempting to attach about 12 photos to an email. I > have no problem doing that but when i preview the message > before i send it, i find that the pictures are...

How to specify the limitation for attachment
Hi, How can I specify the email attachment size in Exchange 2003 for every user? Thanks, Grace "Grace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I specify the email attachment size in Exchange >2003 for every user? You don't. You can set a maximum message size, but not an attachment size. You can do this for each user, but it requires making the adjustment individually. Scripting the change, or using a combination of LDIFDE, and MS Word to export, modify, and import the changes to the AD would probably be easiest. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Excha...

Money 2004 "forgets" where to put the decimal
I'm having trouble with my new Money 2004. I downloaded the trial version, then upgraded online. First there was a problem with the sounds not being included (by which I mean basic sounds like the start-up music or the "click" when a transaction is completed, not the audio help). Now I have a problem with it "forgetting" the settings I use on the Tools|Options menu--one specifically. When I go to Tools|Options and click the Editing tab, I can click a check box to "Automatically insert decimal point in amount field". But when I exit out of Money and come b...

Attachments #15
When we print email messages using the new 2002 version, the attachment icon no longer shows up on the print. This would be OK if the attachments line printed but this does not print either. How can I print my emails such that the attachments will show up so you know which attachments were included. 1. Open the message 2. Click edit, and edit message 3. Format, Plain Text 4. Close the message and save it 5. From the inbox, right mouse click on the message. 6. Print. the message will print and Word (or whatever program) opens up each document and prints from there. >-----Or...

Attachments not working for some users
Hello, Has anyone come across this? We have 2 users in the system who are both system administrators, both in the same business unit. One person can add attachments to CRM e-mails and the other user cannot (they get an http 500 internal server error). Any ideas why this would be occuring? jolee ...

Plain Text Attachments
I have a user who is using Outlook 2000 - Starting just this week, any messages they receive in plain text format - an identical copy of the message is in a .txt format attachment. Does anyone know why or how to change? Again this only happens when he receives messages in plain text format. ...

Email Attachments getting converted to Windows format in Outlook
When I open my IMAP mailbox using outlook it deletes and re-inserts any emails that have image attachments. The new email on the server is converted to a winmail.dat attachment format. This causes problems when I try to read the same file using my PDA since it can not read the winmail.dat format. How do I make outlook stop "auto" converting my attachments to winmail.dat. I have outlook configured to send email with plain text to prevent this problem when I send email I was shocked to learn that outlook was converting my email when I access the mailbox. Any help would be appreci...

Odd attachment error
This has only started occurring today. I am able to open all my attachments, with the exception of any attachment that consists of the same file name "resume.doc" of which I receive 100s of this name. I am repeatedly receiving the "...check folder permissions" error. I have renamed all other files with this name, but nothing changes. I'm using WINXP and Outlook 2003. Check your C:\Documents and Settings\<<username>>\Local Settings\Temp folder. With Outlook and all other apps closed, try deleting all the .tmp files beginning with ~ in this folder. Res...

Attachment Look in folder
When I go to attach a file in an emailm, the window now opens ful screen with no minimize button. It seems a completely different folde view actually. It does the same in Word when I want to insert picture..... anyone have any idea why the selection folders appear thi way now -- Bill Broga Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Right Click on "Insert File" at the top left of the screen and selec "Resotre -- Bill Broga Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Openning attachments takes to long
I have a user on our network that is having a long download problem when he accesses attachments Via a DSL VPN conection (IPsec) from home. He has synced his mail folder and uses PST files (no larger than 650 meg). The attachments vary from Word, PowerPoint, and Project documents. Some larger than others. These attachments open fine if he is offline or connected to the network directly or remotely from another network (another businesses network Via the same VPN software). I am trying to find out if there is traffic taking place between the exchange server and the outlook c...

Cannot open attachments in outlook
One of our customers has a problem where they try to open an attachment in outlook, but are returned with an error which just says "cannot open this file". This happens with ANY attachment. However, if you save the attachment, you can then open it. The day before, this was not happening. Any ideas on why they cannot open attachments now, when they could yesterday? ...

Attachments #73
It appears when I attach a file to a message in Outlook 2000 (SP-3), Outlook automatically "zips" it. When creating the message you can open the attachment (ex: *.jpg) and view it fine. When hitting the "Send" button it gets saved to the Outbox folder, but is now changed into a "zip". Not just adding a file extention, it actually compresses the file, and that becomes the new attachment. Even after removing WinZip from the system a "non-associated" file becomes the new attachment! Problem is, my ISP is filtering zip files now. Don't ask me w...

Forgetting history ?
Easy way around this ? I know I could just copy the file and delete all old entries ( might do it), but sometimes I like to go back to old info. M2006 - there are some mutual funds that I've bought a few times and sold over the years. For any stocks/funds , when I select Avg Cost column or in reports, I'd like it to show the avg cost of "what I now own". not stuff I bought and sold in the past. For example, at the end of 1999 I sold all my funds for about two years, then bought in again. To have it 'forget the past' (pre 1999 share prices/costs) , must I go bac...