foreign words

Hi,

I use Outlook 2002, when someone send me an email with foreign words
(Japanses), how do I configurate it so I can view them.  Thanks.

David

0
dy168 (18)

Excel Toolbars in Word
I have created my own customised toolbar for word. I want to get rid o the menu which has: File, View, Tools, etc. I know this can be done i excel but can it be done in word -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is an Excel group not Word! But as it happens, it works the same way, the commandbar is just called Menu Bar not Worksheet Menu Bar application.commandbars("Menu Bar").enabled=false -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripping >" <<...

How do I view Word Documents in PowerPoint?
I am working on a kiosk and I need to have several Word documents viewable in my PowerPoint. I am using 2007. I need the Word documents not only viewable, but browseable. I used "Insert Object" and it was only a snapshot of my document, not browseable. How can I fix this? In article <36F0A87E-186B-48A6-9DB8-0486E82998D4@microsoft.com>, JustinWalker wrote: > I am working on a kiosk and I need to have several Word documents viewable > in my PowerPoint. I am using 2007. > I need the Word documents not only viewable, but browseable. I us...

Word for Mac 2008 compatible with word 2007
Can anyone tell me if MS Word for Mac 2008 is compatible with the PC version of word 2007? I will need to be able to save and restore documents from one to the other. If this will work do both versions need to be saved in a specific type or version? ...

How to add trailing asterisks after Check Amount in words?
Is it possible to add trailing astersiks (*) symbols after the check dollar amount in words? For example, suppose I have a check for $150, I'd like the check amount in words to read "One Hundred Fifty Dollars*************" The purpose of adding these trailing asterisks is obviouslly to prevent anyone from modifying the check for a larger amount. Please let me know if the asterisks can be added to check in Report Writer. Also, please keep in mind the trailing asterisks would have to be dynamic, not static, in the sense that the amount of asterisks should be able to change...

Upgrade of Foreign Versions
Hi Everyone After suffering a computer crash I have been unable to locate the very, very old disc with my Money software. So, I was wanting to purchase a new copy of Money Deluxe but the only site I can find form which to purchase (from Australia) is the US site. I automatically get re-directed to that site when I select a purchase option on the Australian Microsoft website. I read the dire warnings about foreign versions and incompatability but I'm not too sure what the outcome actually will be. I want to restore my last backup into the new software and continue on in my merry ...

Outlook 2002 opens blank Word screen
On a PC running Win2K Pro and Office XP, I set Outlook to use Word as the editor. Whenever Outlook is first started, it opens Word and displays a full screen window (with no blank document). I can close the window and everything appreas to work normally. My laptop has the same configuration but doesn't have this problem. I can't find anything different that would explain it. Any ideas? ...

Databound form understanding problem (how to set foreign keys automatically to new foreign entries)?
Hi, I have a typical windows form (not a grid) and like to populate a foreign key automatically on a newly created entry. I have solved this by filling the new foreign data when the id field gets changed, has a valid key value and the foreign field is empty. But it takes very long time until I get the id of the newly created TableX from dataContext. Also the form gets refreshed and does not again display the lastly created TableX entry. public void Fill() { this.tableyTableAdapter.Fill(this.MyDataSet.TableY); this.tableXTableAdapter.Fi...

Publisher vs. Word
I have been using Word to make various graphic documents (flyers and such). This might sound dumb, but I played with Publisher and I can't find any benefits to using it over Word. Am I missing something? It looks like all of the drawing tools are exactly the same. --- Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.699 / Virus Database: 456 - Release Date: 6/10/2004 In news:Y6tyc.20355$KL2.9943@fe2.texas.rr.com, Carl. <usenetcarlTHISPROBABLYWONTWORK@hotmail.com> posted: > I have been using Word to ...

Spellchecker in word 2007
why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "Osama" but not "Obama?" It does recognize it here. Is your copy of Word 2007 fully updated? If not, you can download the needed updates, or you can add Obama to your custom dictionary. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cg" <cg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7C2676C-4841-49C9-9C03-444F43415A96@microsoft.com... > why does microsoft word 2007 spell checker recognize the word "...

Email through Word
I am unable to send email through Microsoft Word. In the options window, the 'send messages using:' dropdown is blank. ...

Word Academic Calendars
I am hoping a new academic calendar for 2010 - 2011 will be available soon. We are already needing to have this resource. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e3429124-2e2b-4a8c-8280...

Dots between words
Not sure what I did but now I have dots between all the words and I hav to get this printed ASAP. Can any one help me please. I don't usuall use Publisher so am totally lost as to what I did to cause this -- LAbbou ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAbboud's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=490 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124817 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i LAbboud wrote: > Not sure what I did but now I have dots between all the words and I > have to get this printed ASAP. Can a...

Cannot Print from Word but excel works fine
Office 2003 I am unable to print from Word. But excel pritns fine. I use to print now it does not work. I cannot even get print dialog to appear or use the quick print. I can do a print preview. But cannot print from that either. Excel still pritns fine. Any suggestions on how to fix? Make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer, then delete and reinstall the printer. making sure to set it as the Windows Default printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00D23F9E-CEDA-4D10-B3...

Word/Outlook 2007 can send email merge in HTML
I can send plain text email merges without issue, but with HTML nothing happens. We are on Exchange if that helps... Thanks -B Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins a...

Office word previewer
When I open a file I can't get a preview of the file in the open window. The error message is "There is an error in the Microsoft office Word Previewer". I've downloaded the viewer for 2007 and the compatability download for 2003. I still cannot get the previewer to work? -- JP ...

foreign Currency
I have a corporate structure of 20 companies, 6 of which are setup with originating and functional currency of Canadian$'s, 1 in pesos and 13 in US$'s. GP reporting is fine in each Company's functional currency. My question is can I use multicurrency module in GP to push out the 6 canadian and 1 peso company's bal sht and P&L numbers to FRx in US$'s and if so, how? Thanks, Bruce On Sep 13, 12:52 pm, Bruce <Br...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a corporate structure of 20 companies, 6 of which are setup with > originating and functional curr...

Word 2008: Changing the width of soom toolbar items
When you modified the toolbar in earlier versions of Word, you could point carefully to the right edge of some objects, such as the style name and font name, and widen them by dragging. I can't seem to to do that in Word 2008. Am I merely not pointing carefully, or, is this no longer a feature? Hi Tim; That can still be done but only while you have the Customize dialog window open. The item you want to adjust must also be on a bar that isn't docked. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/9/10 11:38 AM, in article 0001HW.C76E1B3A0000D9ABB030D9BF@news.mi...

How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key?
How do I get Word 2007 to single space when I hit the enter key? It's double-spacing... Create a new, blank document. In the Paragraph dialog box, set Spacing Before and After to zero, and then click the Default button. If/when you are prompted to save the Normal template, choose to do so. To open the Paragraph dialog box, you can click the dialog launcher button (the arrow on the bottom right) of the Paragraph group on the Home tab. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "plkldf" <plkldf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EB3FCA6-3239...

words
what is the formula I use to copy a word from one cell to another cell. I have the word spring and would like it to populate to other cells but do not know the formula to do this =IF(A4<>"",A4,"") "Debbie" wrote: > what is the formula I use to copy a word from one cell to another cell. I > have the word spring and would like it to populate to other cells but do not > know the formula to do this hi, if you have a word in A1 and want it in A1.. in B1 put =A1 this formula will display the contents on another cell(word or number) in what ev...

changing words that are repeated on several pages
Hi, I was wondering if i could get some help here. I have a report document that has a specific word repeated on a several pages throughout the report. When you change or edit the word, the change will be applied to those pages that have the word in them throughout the report. My question is i think this can be done using Macro. However, the report is to be handed to someone whose company does not allow Macro implementation. Therefore, i wonder if this is still feasible with the use of Macro. I run on Office 03 on XP Pro. Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thank ...

Microsoft Word and Outlook Cannot Mail Merge Stationery
does anyone know how to get your signature to show up in a mail merge that is sent to email? Put the signature into the body of the merge document.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TJGagliano" <terrygagliano@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:ufZS92NuFHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > does anyone know how to get your si...

Notebook View crashes word

Foreign currencies
I'm looking for an alternative to Quicken, and Money would seem to be an obvious possibility, but what I have just read about its handling of foreign currencies would make it useless to me. If I understood it correctly, Money provides a long list of predetermined currencies but makes it impossible to add any more. If this is true it is stupid, almost beyond belief. Nobody needs seventy currencies (or whatever the number is) but even if you only need half-a-dozen there are several reasons why you might need to create new ones: (1) New currencies come into existence from time to ...

Number and Word in the same cell
I want to be able to have a number and a word in the same cell, but still be able to use formulas to add, subtract, ect. to the number. For example: I have 6 meters in cell A1 and want to add 11.9 meters If A1 = 6 meters A2 = 11.9 meters =VALUE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1)-1))+VALUE(LEFT(A2,SEARCH(" ",A2,1)-1)) "Bob Martin" wrote: > I want to be able to have a number and a word in the same cell, but still be > able to use formulas to add, subtract, ect. to the number. > For example: I have 6 meters in cell A1 and want to add 11.9 meters An alternativ...

Missing Tools Menu in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I don't have a "tools" menu (and the related functions) in Word 08, even though I have it in Excel. What gives? (expletives withheld) Well, I have one. Maybe you accidentally deleted yours. If you go to View | Customize Toolbars/Menus, select the Menu Bar, and click Reset, it should set all your main menus and built-in toolbars back to the default. If you have customized your menus or toolbars, you may want to explore the Customize dialog, and drag the commands you are missing back to the toolbars/m...