Forcing an account

Hi All

Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain
mail account for certain contacts?

For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages,
replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to
do the same using mail account 2.  I don't want this to deviate even if one
of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account.

Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come
in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a
certain account.

Are there any hidden options, reg keys or 3rd party tools to force the
issue?

Many thanks.

Rgds

Laphan

0
news782 (11)

Laphan <news@DoNotEmailMe.co.uk> wrote:

> Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails
> come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to
> go to a certain account.

You should be able to.  Do you have an Accounts button to the right of Send?
I do.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/10/2004 7:40:43 PM
Hi Brian

Thanks for coming back to me.

Yes I do have the Account button to go and force it, but I want it to be
automatic.

To elaborate, I have 4 or 5 emails addresses that need to be used with 1
mail account and all others to be used on another mail account.

When I reply or forward a message from these 4 or 5 email addresses I want
it automatically know to use a certain account only.

Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Laphan <news@DoNotEmailMe.co.uk> wrote:

> Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails
> come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to
> go to a certain account.

You should be able to.  Do you have an Accounts button to the right of Send?
I do.
--
Brian Tillman

0
news782 (11)
11/10/2004 8:56:12 PM
Laphan <news@DoNotEmailMe.co.uk> wrote:

> When I reply or forward a message from these 4 or 5 email addresses I
> want it automatically know to use a certain account only.

The reality is that Outlook is supposed to use the receiving account as the
reply account, but many, many reports indicate that it doesn't always work
that way.  Rather than wishing for what cannot be, a practical person would
simply use the most expedient fix available: the Accounts button.  Nothing
guarantees success like personal discipline.  This is spoken from personal
experience.  I've been selecting the account long enough that it's second
nature.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Merchant Accounts
Who are folks using for merchant accounts through RMS? I looking for best prices and ease of integration with RMS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael Hi Michael Check out Abanco - http://www.abanco.com/index.php/ips/rms. They have an RMS plug in and give you a web interface to manage your payments. Dominic mhodgdon wrote: > Who are folks using for merchant accounts through RMS? I looking for best > prices and ease of integration with RMS. Any help would be greatly > appreciated. > > Michael ...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Change investment account to banking account
I have an account listed under investments that I would like to change over to the bank account category. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks! ...

Outlook displaying wrong account in To field when typing
I am running Exchange Server 2003 via SBS 2003 Premium (R1) and have all XP Pro clients which are all running Outlook 2000. I recently upgraded my PC from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. When you type the first few letters of an employee's name, Outlook 2003 displays matches in the form of (I believe) "FirstName LastName <EmailAlias>". (EmailAlias might also be user id. I'm not sure.) What I have noticed is that when I type the first few letters of my name, the first and last name show up properly, but the email alias for another employee displays. Closing down Outlo...

Updating Loan Accounts
I have Money 2003. I have a car loan, which is entered in Bills & Deposits for automatic entry into my checking account register once a month. How do I get Money to also update my Car Loan account in the future? (I have already made 10 car payments...none of them show up in the Car Loan account...how do I get the past payments in there without duplicating them in my checking account register?) I seem to be going around in circles. Thanks for any help. What do you mean you have a car loan entered in Bills & Deposits? A car loan in Money is typically a Loan Account, not something you ...

Disable creating new email accounts
Hi All, I was woundering how you can disable the user from creating a new email account on a profile. I would like create a profile on a user machine connecting to an Exchange Server and then not allow them to create any new email accounts. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve Hi, Try the following steps. Back-up the registry before proceeding. Start>Run>regedit and click OK. Browse through the folders in registry. HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options - DisableHTTP, DisablePOP3, DisableExchange, DisableIMAP, Disable OtherTypes Change the...

M08, Balance an Account > Which Account do you want to Balance?
I was used to looking at the above named screen list in M04 H+B. Having just jumped to M+08 Deluxe (the 60-day free version) I can't find it. Not even on a toolbar shortcut. In M+04, you'd get to this from the main Account List screen > Common Tasks > Balance an Account. This produced a list, with the header/title "Which Account do you want to balance?", with three columns: Account Name, Account #, and Date Last Reconciled. You'd then click on any account, and be taken into the first dialog for the account balance sequence. It was the only place you cou...

How do I download earlier transactions of an account?
I am having a terrible time getting earlier transactions to show up on an account. How do I change the beginning date so they will download from my bank online with my newer transactions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Missing transactions in transaction account
I just found an interesting anomaly in Money 2004 Standard edition that I feel worth sharing. I found two transactions missing in a transaction report which was customized to show the current month's transactions for my checking account. After much playing around, changing categories, dates, payees, check numbers, etc., I found that after I cleared all the members of a classification, applying the change, then reselecting all members of the classification (which were selected to begin with), the transactions appeared in the report. I'm not sure why this happened. I had also t...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

proxy accounts
Hello: Unlike other SQL 2005 SSIS jobs that I have created in the past on this server, today, I had to create and use a proxy account in order to successfully run a new SSIS job. I don't know why I had, to all of a sudden, use this method. The only recent change on the server or network is that the Administrator password changed, two months ago. But, all SQL jobs have been running successfuly since then and the SQL Server Agent has been running. But, would this change cause me to have to use proxy accounts to run a new SQL SSIS job? For the credential for the ...

integrating Analytical Accounting with Payroll
Anyone know of any plans to do this? Thanks, John ...

Essential Account Register
I have been using Money for almost nine years. When I upgraded to Money 2005 Premium the program took it upon itself to create duplicate accounts for my checking, savings, and credit card that link to the bank I use. I believe Money calls them "Essential Account Registers" but they're totally worthless. If you had never used Money before or didn't like to keep track of transactions perhaps you'd find it useful but in my case I am very diligent about keeping track of all of our purchases and credits. Given the thousands of transactions that already exist for the...

FRX+analytical accounting
we are using gp 10 and frx 6.7,I want to implement frx with analytical accounting,installed the aa add in,ran scripts ,installed service pack 9,10,ran analytical accounting dimension wizard for frx but when i try to create a company at frx and choose accounting system analytical accounting,and enter all data at system specific information tab and click set as default ,i get the error"login failed Frx32ofismain.checkofsi connection 8900,a direct link has occured attempting to connect to the db for this company,though the odbc that i use to connect with is working fine Techknowledge...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

DMF and Accounts
Hi I am trying to migrate data from a Corrupted version of CRM 3.0 into CRM 3.0 I am using DMF I have done the following Initialise CDF populated cdf_Account with DTS I have checked that the triggers for the cdf tables ran correctly (There are records in cdf_account_ext , cdf_account_info) I check the license by opening deployment Manager it says I have license for 100000 users I can't assign the license to users though. I made sure all the cdf_account required fields are there (name , AccountID , OwningUserName) I have ran the CDF data Mapping wizard to map the users I have on...

GP 10.00 User Secury for Project Accounting
Hi All, How can I grant user access to view Project Accounting Batch ID lookup during PA Billing Transaction? ...

401k Account Adjustment
I know this has been asked before, but not answered... When I balance my 401k account the Account Adjustment to the cash account is designated an Unassigned Expense. This throws off my Income/Expense reports. Any way to fix it? Follow the cash from the beginning so that there's nothing to adjust? "Don Pritchett" <dpritchett67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23XEu%23HklFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I know this has been asked before, but not answered... > > When I balance my 401k account the Account Adjustment to the cash account > is designated an...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

force

Forcing an account
Hi All Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain mail account for certain contacts? For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages, replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to do the same using mail account 2. I don't want this to deviate even if one of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account. Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a certain account. Are there any hidd...

Account passwords
When setting up an account, I forgot to unclick the "remember my password" to the financial institution. How can I reset that? In microsoft.public.money, Dana wrote: >When setting up an account, I forgot to unclick >the "remember my password" to the financial institution. > >How can I reset that? There may be another way, but blanking the passwords should do it. ...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...

Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007
There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel) in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this code fails in several ways in Excel 2007. 1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features 2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously copied cell 3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code generates a 1004 error (though the p...