Force e-mail rec'd from one specific domain to plain text

Hi

Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an
exchange server to be plain text?

We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook 2003
clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the e-mails along

I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible

Thoughts?

Ian from Canada

You'd need to do something on the exchange server - I think you need to use
an event sink, but check with the exchange groups to be sure.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an
> exchange server to be plain text?
>
> We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook
> 2003 clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the
> e-mails along
>
> I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Ian from Canada

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

forwarding e-mail with pictures/attachments
When I receive an e-mail with a picture I can view it with no problem, but when I want to forward it the picture comes out blank. I tried to send it to my desktop, but they still come up blank. attachments seem to be ok, but not pictures. Do I have my e-mail set up wrong? No one else who use this computer has this problem but me. What do I have to check in order to find the problem. ...

Old user keeps receiving mail in Exch 2003
I have a old user (she has been deleted) that keeps receiving a large amount of SPAM. I have the Exchange server automatically move this undeliverable mail to a folder on the server called BadMail, and once a week I go and manually delete all the files in that directory. The question are: 1. Can exchange be set up to reject the mail to this old user (not except it for local delivery to the domain) 2. If not 1, then can I set exchange up to automatically dump the inbound undeliverables Thanks in advance what version of Exchange? if it's 2000 or 2003, you can configure your serv...

Locate a specific row or column
Hi all, Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to dray the scroll bar? Clara thank you so much for your help In VBA code, you can use: Range("D100").Activate ' Or Range("D1:D100").Select ' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells. -- Best wishes, Jim "clara" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to > dray the scroll bar? > > Clara > > thank you so much for your help Hi Clara Have you tried goto in the Ed...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

How do I send email from an identity that is not my main one?
I have three different email boxes I have to send and received messages from - personal, business and church. I have Outlook receiving mail from all three, but unless I reply to a message sent to one of the identities, all original emails get sent with my personal address as the sender. How can I change this each time I have to address business or church emails? I apologize if this is an obvious question, but I just can't find this info anywhere. what version of outlook? newer versions have an Accounts button you use to select the account it is to be sent on. -- Diane Poremsky ...

automatic junk mail filter getting out of hand
Outlook automatically sends some email addresses the Deleted Items folder. It used to only be email that had "sales" in the return address. After some update some time ago Outlook has really started to go crazy with the auto filtering. So much so that I now have to look through my deleted items folder and add things to my Exception list every day. I spend half my time filtering junk mail, and the other half whitelisting valid email. Is there any way to stop the auto filtering? It's impossible to say without knowing your Outlook version. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MV...

Place a mp3 file or in a Publisher document that is a e-newsletter
I publish a quarterly e-newsletter for fire safety professionals. I would like to distribute via the newsletter MPEG video and mp3 audio files. These are copyright cleared radio PSAs and Video PSAs that can be in turn posted to other web sites. How do I embed those files with the familiar Media Player icon into a Publisher document (the e-newsletter) directing readers to simply download them for redistribution locally. This effort would give wide distribution to fire safety information in digitial form. If you don't want the mpeg to play then zip it, upload the file to your websit...

Outlook to mail merge
Help - I'm trying to merge my contacts to labels but the zip code does not show up on the finished product. The merge recognizes the "address block", not the zip. Don't use the address block - enter the fields for the address individually. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.ou...

domain alias not working
I'm trying to get an alternate domain to map to an existing domain name for our email. Our ISP has set up the appropriate DNS record to forward email. But how do we tell the server that it should accept the new domain and essentially alias it to the old domain name, so that each email to <user>@newdomain.com goes automatically to the appropriate <user>@existingemail.com? Email is being forwarded properly by our ISP, but our Exchange 5.5 server is rejecting it. Our ISP is doing port forwarding to our server behind a 10.x.x.x network. We have Exchange 5.5, and on the routing ...

How to store the e-mails on the local computer?
Any more details? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "vamshi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:063701c47aae$fb3a59e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > vamshi <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote an empty message. 1) What version of Outlook? 2) What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Restricting users to Send e-mail
Hi, I would like to restrict few of my user in sending e-mail within the same domain to a bunch of internal users. I have 2 users who shouldn't be able to send any e-mail to 150 internal users. Do we have any better method to do it? I already came across a method of denying the sender in each user but that's very cumbersome. Also 2 user is my internal user and I can't use SMTP connector to restrict them. Any ideas? Do these folks still need to be able to email to the outside world and/or other internal users? If not, then remove their permissions to access Exchange res...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Windows Mail
How do I import my messages from MS Outlook into Windows Mail? What formats can Mail accept? See http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm for tools which may convert it if mail can't. Address magic plus should do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting h...

Can you have 2 date ranges in one row on an Excel Gantt chart?
Is it possible to do a gantt chart in excel with the following criteria: Bus Start Date Duration End Date Start Date Duration End Date L180 9/1/2007 5 9/6/2007 9/15/2007 6 9/21/07 L220 9/15/2007 4 9/19/2007 9/25/2007 4 9/29/07 I am able to get the first set of start and end dates to chart, but not the 2nd series. Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying this for months. Karen On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KAREN_W <KARENW@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is ...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...

force

accents in Windows Live Mail
I have a problem with the accents in Windows Live Mail I solved the reading and sending seleccionanado UTF-8, but the email addresses that come with accents, does not appear in the letter. As I can solve?. Example: Luis Pérez --> WLM --> Luis Prez Thanks ...

Outlook Application error when moving mail from one folder to another
I have an outlook 2000. Does anyone know why it aborts when I try to move emails from my inbox to another folder? The specific error message is, "The instruction at "0x3a4c3553" referenced memory at "0x000000d8". The memory could not be "read". ...

Forcing an account
Hi All Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain mail account for certain contacts? For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages, replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to do the same using mail account 2. I don't want this to deviate even if one of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account. Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a certain account. Are there any hidd...

Moving Contact's & Email's from old drive to new one
I would like to know how to find my old email's and contacts on an old drive that went bad and copy them on to my new drive. Bob Lair <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to know how to find my old email's and > contacts on an old drive that went bad and copy them on > to my new drive. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Block Outgoing mail to certain e-mail ids.
Hi All , My company uses outlook XP to communicate with its clients. Now the probelm in front of me is that I want to block outgoing mail to certain e-mail ids or domains(if possible) . How this can be done? When I click on e-mail address ,the new mail window pop ups with tht e-mail id in " TO" , is there any way that along with email id it shows "Do NOT MAil" warning or warning in any form ? Kindly reply urgently . Are you using an Exchange server? If yes, what version? You can set allowed domains on Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...