follow up #4

Hi,

i´ve got a problem with outlook 2k3. The follow Up function has changed.
In the past we use the follow up to remind us on this mail.
but now when we set a follow up, the receiver of the mail gets the
reminder. Did anyone now about this?

Kind regards

Thorsten
0
Thorsten

Thorsten,

Meeting reminders are forwarded to invitees but follow-up Flags on meetings
are not.  I did some test on emails, forwarding and replying that had
follow-up reminders set-up on them and they were not forwarded.  Did I miss
something in your explanation below?

--
Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
MVP - Microsoft Outlook

"Thorsten Schollmeyer" <"toaster[nospam]"@toaster-web.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i�ve got a problem with outlook 2k3. The follow Up function has changed.
> In the past we use the follow up to remind us on this mail.
> but now when we set a follow up, the receiver of the mail gets the
> reminder. Did anyone now about this?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Thorsten

0
outlook3306 (110)
4/2/2007 1:09:30 PM
Hi Francine,

we use the follow up´s to remind us to a question we send to one of our
costumers, to ask about the issue after one week.

We send a mail to them and set a follow up flag. And after a week
Outlook should remind us about this mail. In the Past this works fine
with o2k3 but i think after an update theres something changed.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Thorsten

Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook] schrieb:
> Thorsten,
>
> Meeting reminders are forwarded to invitees but follow-up Flags on meetings
> are not.  I did some test on emails, forwarding and replying that had
> follow-up reminders set-up on them and they were not forwarded.  Did I miss
> something in your explanation below?

0
Thorsten
4/3/2007 7:07:19 AM
Good Day,

Basically, you are not receiving reminders on follow-up flags, correct? Are
you still running Outlook 2003 or 2007?

Remember the follow-up flag  on email will only show up as a reminder on the
original system.  Meaning if I have an email and I flag it for follow-up I
will get the reminder when but if I forwarded or reply that message the
follow-up reminder will not forward with the message.

If the reminders are not appearing on the emails you setup for follow-up
then I would do the following: Office and Windows updates, Run Detect and
Repair and if necessary run the cleanreminders fix
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

--

> Hi Francine,
>
> we use the follow up�s to remind us to a question we send to one of our
> costumers, to ask about the issue after one week.
>
> We send a mail to them and set a follow up flag. And after a week Outlook
> should remind us about this mail. In the Past this works fine with o2k3
> but i think after an update theres something changed.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Regards
>
> Thorsten
>
> Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook] schrieb:
>> Thorsten,
>>
>> Meeting reminders are forwarded to invitees but follow-up Flags on
>> meetings are not.  I did some test on emails, forwarding and replying
>> that had follow-up reminders set-up on them and they were not forwarded.
>> Did I miss something in your explanation below?

0
outlook3306 (110)
4/3/2007 1:29:43 PM
Hi,

Outlook 2003

when i Create a new mail, set a follow up Flag, send the mail, the
follow up comes up on the receiver of the mail machine. Not on my computer.

in the past the reminder comes up on my machine

Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook] schrieb:
> Good Day,
>
> Basically, you are not receiving reminders on follow-up flags, correct? Are
> you still running Outlook 2003 or 2007?
>
> Remember the follow-up flag  on email will only show up as a reminder on the
> original system.  Meaning if I have an email and I flag it for follow-up I
> will get the reminder when but if I forwarded or reply that message the
> follow-up reminder will not forward with the message.
>
> If the reminders are not appearing on the emails you setup for follow-up
> then I would do the following: Office and Windows updates, Run Detect and
> Repair and if necessary run the cleanreminders fix
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm

0
Thorsten

Custom Action for Follow Up
I guess I am not sure if I need a custom action for a rule or if I need a macro. What I need is for the follow up add a reminder dialog box to come open when I open an email and also open a new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated it. Thank you. Melanie ...

Re: New Beta Release Of Windows Live -- Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-18-10
Cute little bright red toolbox at Maintenance and Troubleshooting. <g> Nancy Jackman ...

Password Problem #4
I made a backup file with Money 2003 and tried to restore the file into Money 2002. Although I did not (knowingly) password protect the file, the program wants a password before it will restore the backup. Can anyone offer help? Sure. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q105 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q17. "jIM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09aa01c3a2c1$e5825e60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I made a backup file with Money 2003 and tried to restore > the file into Money 2002. Although I did not (knowingly) > password protect the file...

Changing machine gives XslTransform error (ArithmeticException in mscorlib.dll followed by XsltCompileException in system.xml.dll)
I just wrote some code on a dev machine, Imports System.Xml Imports System.Xml.XPath Imports System.Xml.Xsl Imports System.IO Imports System.Data.SqlClient Public Class ClassXMLtoHTML Dim myXslTransform As XslTransform Sub New(ByVal strXSL As String) Me.myXslTransform = New XslTransform myXslTransform.Load(strXSL)'throws error on live machine End Sub and when I put it live I got the following exceptions. A first chance exception of type 'System.ArithmeticException' occurred in mscorlib.dll Additional information: Overflow or underflow in the arithm...

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

Business Alert #4
Is there a way to have a business alert set so that if a sales item has a profit of less than 5% or greater than 100% we can have an alert sent? LS, Yes You can set it up that way. You can create an Alert on Sales Transaction History Table using a formula that looks like this (you might want to change it a little if you want it for each sales line item, you need to capture the same from Sales Transaction Amounts History). However the question is against 5% or 100% of what you'd like that to be compared? Put that field in place of X. (SOP30200_T1.DOCAMNT - SOP30200_T1.EXTDCOST ) ...

Follow-up items
Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the Calendar? Or... Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any folder? Thanks, -Martin Martin <0_0_0_0_@pacbell.net> wrote: > Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. > > Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the > Calendar? Can't answer that. Sorry. > Or... > > Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any > folder? The Search folder &quo...

follow up to colimanut post
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Forgot to mention sometimes when I am working on a document in word or excel and go to save the work a dialog box appears that says I could run a compatibility report. When I do the report always says no compatibility issues or something to that effect. Is there a way to edit a post once it is posted on the forum? On 3/14/09 1:41 PM, "colimanut@officeformac.com" <colimanut@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is there a way to edit a post once it is posted on the forum? Most of the MVPs don't use the foru...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...