Flagging - How to recreate flags

I did something stupid and now I am in the soup.  My
boss's boss called me while he was traveling on business
to check his e-mail messages because his assistant was out
to lunch.  When I opened his mailbox he had literaly 15 of
those pesky flagged message pop-up reminders.  I dismissed
them because I find them annoying and wanted to get to his
messages.  It turns out those pesky reminders are a
valuable mnemonic device for him.  How do I restore the
active pop-up messages without changing the original due
date?  He wants the original action date to remain.  When
I try to put in back in, Outlook won't let me schedule
something in the past.  Your help is greatly appreciated.
0
johnsonm (1)

Flagging
Is there a way to view all flagged items, either completed or incomplete? What version of Outlook? Do you mean items across multiple folders or in a single folder? What kinds of items? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Curt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5d6c01c3ad40$bffcbdf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to view all flagged items, either > co...

Quick Flags and Blackberry
Good Morning, I am an EA and use quick flags (Outlook 2003) to indicate the significance of emails in my boss' account. However because he travels frequently he uses his Blackberry to access emails and can not see the flags. Is there a way to sync the Microsoft quick flags and Blackberry or is there another suggestion for sorting emails by importance that will transfer to a Blackberry? Thank you. -- K you could try turning on Inline editing and type in the Subject field. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are various articles about using Outlook he...

Can't recreate mail box
Because of some technical problem I had to deleate a mail box and wanted to recreate new one with the same user. Finally when I hit Ok button it gives me the following message in a Microsoft Exhange Administrator dialog box: BTW: We have installed Exchange 2003 on another server which is replicating with Exchange 5.5 but it is not online yet. When I went to this new server I could see the newly modified user but i can't remove it from there. An unexpected, unknown error has occured. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80040605-0000-00000000 Any clue how I can solve thi...

Flagging
I did something stupid and now I am in the soup. My boss's boss called me while he was traveling on business to check his e-mail messages because his assistant was out to lunch. When I opened his mailbox he had literaly 15 of those pesky flagged message pop-up reminders. I dismissed them because I find them annoying and wanted to get to his messages. It turns out those pesky reminders are a valuable mnemonic device for him. How do I restore the active pop-up messages without changing the original due date? He wants the original action date to remain. When I try to put in b...

FLAGS!
Is it possible when attaching a FLAG (with date and time) to an e-mail to receive an actual alert or reminder to follow up on the due date & time. Thanks for any help/advice Glyn I can answer my own question thanks to Knowledge BASE - maybe of help to others. The e-mail must be in either INBOX, CONTACTS, CALENDAR or TASKS. Outloook doesn't monitor other folders! >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible when attaching a FLAG (with date and time) >to an e-mail to receive an actual alert or reminder to >follow up on the due date & time. >Thanks for any help...

I have defined two rules per the work around because of a bug; For e-mails that are not from people in my address book Rule Number 1: Mark them as read and clear message flag Rule Number 2: Move them to the Junk folder But, they are still marked as unread and the message flag is not cleared. They are, however, moved. The rules are in the right order (I triple checked them). If I run just the Rule Number 1, they are marked as read and the message flag is cleared. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Access Hotmail with Outlook followup flag is not available
I normally access my Hotmail account with Outlook Express. I tried Outlook 2003. Why does it seem slower and why can't I flag messages for followup? HTTP mail messages don't support flags, as far as I know. "johnnyzee" <johnnyzee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB1A2FDE-9C11-4C28-B7AD-39EE28299419@microsoft.com... >I normally access my Hotmail account with Outlook Express. I tried Outlook > 2003. Why does it seem slower and why can't I flag messages for followup? Vince: Thanks for your reply. However I use flags all of the time in Ou...

flag a message
I am new to live desktop and do not understand the 4 icons shown on the toolbar; namely a star, spectacles, paper clip and a cloud. In my last hotmail account I could flag a message to note that I should read it later but so far do not see how to do this in windows live mail desktop. The live help line does not seem to give me an answer. Can anyone tell me? Thank you Alt + T, Options, uncheck Use newsgroup community support features. What you are seeing is Rating, Watched, Attachment, Message type. If Flag is not showing, right click on the column headers (it is not the toolba...

Flags
I would like to configure my Outlook to send me a message when an email that has a Reply By flag set, is not answered by the reply by date. Outlook can't do this natively but here are two Add-Ins that can do it; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Email-Reminders.asp?Source=RS and http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Follow-Up-Reminder.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create y...

When I drag a note to my desktop it shows as the Windows flag. H.
Sunshyn <Sunshyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the body, not the subject. How do you want it to show? -- Brian Tillman ...

Flag box
Is it possible to add some flagbox in a column? How? Thanks Rossella Depends on what you mean by a flagbox. If you mean some sort of indicator, you could put Y or N in a column (X or leave empty??) and use data|filter|autofilter to "flag" certain entries. Rossella wrote: > > Is it possible to add some flagbox in a column? > How? > Thanks > Rossella -- Dave Peterson I meant the square with the x on it ..sorry if my explanation wasn't enough I find this technique pretty easy... Select the range Format|cells|number tab|custom category In the "type:&qu...

follow up flags with due by date
When you set a followup flag with a due by date if it is not in the default folder will this reminder not appear when the time frame has passed. We are using Outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 on a terminal server running windows 2003. A user has created sub folders to organize their email. They have set follow up flags on some the emails in the new sub folders. They have specificed a due by date but they do not get reminded about these follow ups. They can go and see the follow up and it is red because it has passed its date. Any input on this is helpful you'll need a 3rd part...

reminder from flag
I have an email that I want to be reminded to look at/act on. How do I do this? I know I can flag it and put a due date, but the due date doesn't come up in the reminders window, does it? not sure what you mean by "in your default email box setting", but I am using 2002. Boris >-----Original Message----- >If the e-mail message is in your default e-mail box setting a reminder on >the flag should cause a reminder to pop up at the designated day/time. What >version of Outlook are you using? > > >-- >Aloha, > >-Ben- >Ben M. Schorr, OneNo...

CFormView dirty flag
I have a CFormView - derived class that has about 30 Edit controls. Does anyone know what is the best solution to implement dirty flag? It is a database app (uses ADO recordsets). Thanks, Michael This is what I normally do: In your view class, declare a var and a method: class CYourForm : public CFormView { ... protected: BOOL m_bFormIsDirty; afx_msg void OnEnChangeText(); }; Map the EN_CHANGE message for all your text boxes to call the method: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP( CMyView, CFormView ) ON_EN_CHANGE(IDC_EDIT1, OnEnChangeText) ON_EN_CHANGE(IDC_EDIT2, OnEnChan...

Follow Up Flag #2
When I set a follow up flag in Outlook 2000 it inserts a default time of 18:00. Is there a way to alter this default or do I have to change the time manually for every flag I set? ...

Date Flag/Trigger
Hi there I want my excel spreadsheet to flag up in some way when a particular date is met. Basically I need to pre-order items and what the spreadsheet to notify me when the pre-specified pre-order date arrives. Does anyone know a way of doing this? Thanks Phil You can do this in the workbook_open event: Right-click the excel logo near the file menu, choose View Code, paste this in (change the date to be what you want): Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Date >= #9/20/2003# Then MsgBox "yada yada" End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Music Non Stop" <phil@musicnonstop....

Flagged --> Flagged complete : not showing completed time, only date.
In Outlook 2003 when an item was flagged, and subsequently marked Complete, the email would show the date and *time* it was de-flagged and marked as complete. In 2007, it is only showing the date. To illustrate... by default, when flagging an email by clicking the flag icon in the 'flag' column the email header changes to say 'Follow up. Start by <DATE>. Due by <DATE>. When this same email is marked complete by clicking the flag in the flag column, thus turning the flag into a checkmark, the header of the email changes to 'Follow up. Completed on...

How do I filter flagged items to only show today's flagged items?
In Act 6.0, we were able to get a list of "today's tasks", which told us how many calls we were to make on a given day. Is it possible to replicate that in Outlook 2007 so that you can get a count of the flagged items for the day? (The daily calendar list doesn't give you a running total, which is what we're after) You'd create a custom view with a filter - I'm not sure which field you'd use as I'm not sure what qualifies as 'today's task' or if you are working appointments, tasks, or messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlo...

flag for sent items
I have OL2000 SR-1. I flagged some sent items, but in reminder time notification message don't appear. Why it is so? In Inbox all works fine. Thank you in advance, Kadi Out of the box Outlook only fires reminders in the default Inbox, Calendar, Tasks and Contacts folders. In all other folders the items only turn red. See my signature for some addins that permit reminders from other folders. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovakt...

How do I automatically total and flag charges when they reach a s.
I have to pay writers per article. I cannot pay them until their total reaches a set amount. Then I send accounting a request to pay. Right now I just keep typing their info into excel, which means that I retype their name, new article name, words, price, when each issue comes out, then I put them in abc order, then I total them up on my own if they look like they might be up to the set amount. But I keep thinking there has to be a better way to do this. Any ideas? There are definitely better ways of doing this. I would need more detail on the info you use, to really help you though. ...

EDC verify off flag
There is very little to distinguish a credit card transaction not being verified thru RMS between one that is being verified. Unfortunately, if the cashier swipes the card and finishes the transaction without it being verified and having an approval code, it still prints the receipt but does not add the transaction to the EDC settlement batch. There is no way to go back and retrieve these transactions. (This problem is caused by "Verify thru EDC" not being checked under Tender Properties). I'd like to see a message to the cashier displayed stating something like "...

ES_MULTILINE flag crashes.
Hi, I was using MFC and was creating an edit control dynamically. I inherit the edit control this way: class MyEdit : public CEdit { } ; I call new MyEdit and then call CEdit::Create(). One of the flags passed is ES_MULTILINE. This option crashes my program in afxCrit.cpp and the function is AfxLockGlobals(). Thanks knox This works proper:- m_Edit.Create(ES_MULTILINE |WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_CHILD, CRect(0,0, 100 ,100) , this , 100); Make sure the Parent Window pointer is proper and show your code if possible. -- Vipin Aravind "Knox" <Knox@discussions.microsof...

Responding to a Message from a Recreated Mailbox
Hi guys, over the weekend I had to recreate a user's account/mailbox and now nobody can reply to the user's old emails. I was wondering if anyone knows anything that can be done to resolve this issue? Thanks! On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:48:54 -0400, "Ahmed Hamade" <ahamade@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi guys, over the weekend I had to recreate a user's account/mailbox and now >nobody can reply to the user's old emails. I was wondering if anyone knows >anything that can be done to resolve this issue? > >Thanks! > It's a different mailbox so ...

replay log files to recreate edb, need help
I also posted this in microsoft.public.exchange newsgroup. An upgrade to our antivirus software somehow deleted the bodies of all messages in the data store. We have no backup of the edb. I do have ALL the log files since the server was installed. A MS kb article says the edb can be recreated from only the logs. I tried this with the limited information in the article but was unsuccessful. Based on the event viewer the replay quits on the first log file. Has anyone been successful with this process? ~~~~~~~~~~~ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278958 1. Make sure you ...

DEVACCESS_BUSNAMESPACE flag
Hi evebody. I don´t have installed the plaform builder and i need the value of DEVACCESS_BUSNAMESPACE. Is it a define? Could someone write the definition here ?. Thanks a lot, FmF. -- Message posted via PocketPCJunkies.com http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/wince-pb/200911/1 it's the same as FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES which is 0x0100 -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www.eurotech.it "FmF via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u49788@uwe> ha scritto nel messaggio news:9f046d8623587@uwe... ...