Flagged messages

I have Microsoft Outlook 2002.
The View Summary is set to Group By "FROM (Ascending).

As you probably know, when you have unread messages froma person, that
persons name gets highlighted, so that you know to go and have a look under
his name for unread messages.

When you flag a message that you have already read to come back to later the
persons name is not highligted, only when you set it to "Mark as Unread"
will the name be highlighted.

Is there a way that you can configure Outlook to highlight the persons name
if there are flagged messages under his name.

Many Thanks
Andries

0
andriesp (1)

Yes just go to View/customise current view/ automatic
formating and add yourself a new rule.  For this rule
make the condition on the advanced properties tab that if
the follow up flag is  'not empty' and then go back and
choose your font in the automatic formatting window. You
can use this tool to organise so many things. different
colours for people etc.  Hope this helps

0
anonymous (74717)
10/28/2003 6:50:14 AM

0
anonymous (74717)

muitple Message Recall Failure message
Hi Both party sender and recipent rececived mutiple "Message Recall Failure:" messages even after a few days. Anyone encounter this problem? Thanks ...

Flagging
Is there a way to view all flagged items, either completed or incomplete? What version of Outlook? Do you mean items across multiple folders or in a single folder? What kinds of items? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Curt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5d6c01c3ad40$bffcbdf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to view all flagged items, either > co...

Outlook 2003 message stays in bold after it is read
A few days ago my outlook 2003 messages in my inbox folder stay in bold after I read them. The message shows as read and even if I do a Ctl +Q there is no change in the font If I close outlook after reading them and then read them again then the bold goes to normal. I am running XP pro all updates applied outlook 2003 SP3. I have run scanpst to clean my pst file and I have unistalled and reinstalled office 2003 and the problem persists. If I move my pst file to another PC the problem goes away. How can I make my messages go to normal rather than bold after they are read -- ...

Q : Message box detached
Hello, is it possible to make a message box that is not modal (OK only) juste to diplay information without having a human return action ? I tried : int code =MessageBoxEx( NULL, // handle to owner window "message", // text in message box "title", // message box title MB_ICONINFORMATION || MB_OK || MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION, // message box style 0 // language identifier ); but the result is always a OK / Cancel message box ! Any idea ? Thanks, Cyrille Proust "Cyrille Proust" wrote: > Hello, > > is it possible to make a messa...

Quick Flags and Blackberry
Good Morning, I am an EA and use quick flags (Outlook 2003) to indicate the significance of emails in my boss' account. However because he travels frequently he uses his Blackberry to access emails and can not see the flags. Is there a way to sync the Microsoft quick flags and Blackberry or is there another suggestion for sorting emails by importance that will transfer to a Blackberry? Thank you. -- K you could try turning on Inline editing and type in the Subject field. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are various articles about using Outlook he...

error message 0x800ccc0d
I keep getting this error message can anyone help please? Unable to send or receive messages for the pop3 account. The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Server: 'pop3' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D Protocol: POP3 Port: 110 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 All your settings are wrong. Are you trying to set up a Hotmail, MSN, or Live.com email account? If so, use the settings given = here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than p...

Intelligent Message Filter vs. 3rd party
I have been trying to use the IMF in Exchange 2003 to test spam filtering capabilities. Whenever spam is detected at the server it archives it in to a file system folder. I am unable to see the sender or subject of the message-- because the files are stored with a generic filename. I would like to be able to view these messages by sender/subject/date-- and to do a text search for false positives. Is there anyway to do this? What would be a good 3rd party spam filtering tool. I would like one that actually delivers the spam to a junk mail folder on the users computer or to a junk mail fo...

Telephone Message pad program
Hi I am using a wywo template but I would like something better for my bosses phone messages. I looked for some program but found only complex ones. Anyone know of a good program or easy template?. Thanks Dave David, Try my messagetaker http://mymessagetaker.com it works for me. All our staff use it too. I love the send to all option when we have a lunch time BBQ invite to send! We dont order message decks for our office anymore - that saves some cash! Good luck. Scott David Nelson wrote: > Hi I am using a wywo template but I would like something better for my > bosses phon...

Flagging
I did something stupid and now I am in the soup. My boss's boss called me while he was traveling on business to check his e-mail messages because his assistant was out to lunch. When I opened his mailbox he had literaly 15 of those pesky flagged message pop-up reminders. I dismissed them because I find them annoying and wanted to get to his messages. It turns out those pesky reminders are a valuable mnemonic device for him. How do I restore the active pop-up messages without changing the original due date? He wants the original action date to remain. When I try to put in b...

Retrieving messages
Help, I mistakenly restored all the defaults on Outlook (the computer did not crash) losing all the messages and address book. I have had to set up the application from scratch entering account details etc. Question is: are all the messages and contacts still held on the computer even the program needs to be set up again and, if so, how do I retrieve them. Any assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks. P89 If you made a backup of your system or My Documents, search for a file called Outlook.pst. If you have that you can import all the information. Al "peterson89" <peterson...

FLAGS!
Is it possible when attaching a FLAG (with date and time) to an e-mail to receive an actual alert or reminder to follow up on the due date & time. Thanks for any help/advice Glyn I can answer my own question thanks to Knowledge BASE - maybe of help to others. The e-mail must be in either INBOX, CONTACTS, CALENDAR or TASKS. Outloook doesn't monitor other folders! >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible when attaching a FLAG (with date and time) >to an e-mail to receive an actual alert or reminder to >follow up on the due date & time. >Thanks for any help...

Error: Multiple copies of message arrived
A user of mine has reported that he sent an email to several recipients using Outlook 2000 via an Exchange 5.5 system. One of the recipients has been in touch to say that he received approximately 80 copies of the message over time. Checking the system logs and diagnostics give me no clue as to why this might happen. Can anyone enlighten me ? Thanks in advance ...

Deleting Message also Opens Message
When I delete a message, the message goes into the Deleted folder but it is now marked as opened. For security reasons, how do I keep this message unopened? ...

how to transfer messages
How can I transfer outlook express folders to another machine. My computer is crashing often, and I am trying to transfer all my folder to the server or to a new machine. Any idea? thanks a lot This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.win...

Access Hotmail with Outlook followup flag is not available
I normally access my Hotmail account with Outlook Express. I tried Outlook 2003. Why does it seem slower and why can't I flag messages for followup? HTTP mail messages don't support flags, as far as I know. "johnnyzee" <johnnyzee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB1A2FDE-9C11-4C28-B7AD-39EE28299419@microsoft.com... >I normally access my Hotmail account with Outlook Express. I tried Outlook > 2003. Why does it seem slower and why can't I flag messages for followup? Vince: Thanks for your reply. However I use flags all of the time in Ou...

I have defined two rules per the work around because of a bug; For e-mails that are not from people in my address book Rule Number 1: Mark them as read and clear message flag Rule Number 2: Move them to the Junk folder But, they are still marked as unread and the message flag is not cleared. They are, however, moved. The rules are in the right order (I triple checked them). If I run just the Rule Number 1, they are marked as read and the message flag is cleared. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Message not found.
Sometimes, after receiving an email, I transfer it to one of my folders. Then when I check the folder later and click on the email - I get a "Message not found" response. The contents of my email have disaappeared! Any suggestions as to the problem. See point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Its likely a 3rd party program interfering. You may want to repair the database with my Windows Mail utility: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ steve "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BCD425F-E00E-4E02-9C39-9481219B6752@microsoft....

Advanced queue failed to deliver message #2
Hi, We have a problem receiving mail from someone. The messages come in to the server, and then it gets submitted to the Advanced Queue, and then I get the error message that the Advanced Queue failed to deliver message. Where is the message? Is there any way to retrieve it? How do I resolve the issue? Thanks! Jeff Hi Jeff, Do you have any anti-spam anti-virus products installed on your server, or ISA in your environment? This can sometimes be the cause, check the logs for these products. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.Excha...

Message from known person that makes Outlook crash
Received a "reply" from an individual known to me, but message arrived in garbled state, minus the TO and FROM information, but had subject line okay. I can see the garbled message in preview pane. Once I try to OPEN or DELETE the message, Outlook crashes, and asks if I want to send error report. Outlook then closes. Upon opening Outlook again, any message that I had received after this rogue message - even if had been moved to a personal folder - magically returns to the inbox, and is not in the personal folder where I had previously moved the message. It almost appea...

Mystery of the missing message
I need a real sleuth to solve this one. On my Exchange 5.5 server, I have an Outlook user who claims not to have received an important message. The Exchange tracking log clearly shows the message was delivered, yet I can find no trace of it in the user's mailbox. Even if the user had permanently deleted it, I should still be able to find it using "Recover Deleted Items". Similarly if she had a rule in effect that either deleted it or forwarded it to a .pst, I should still be able to find it using "Recover Deleted Items". But I cannot find any trace of it. The ...

Auto reply and moving messages
Hi Am a complete novice at this so would be very grateful for any help and advice. Is it possible to create VB code that will once a day refresh a HTTP account (Hotmail), send an automated reply to all received emails that I'm away for 2 weeks and then move all the messages in to a different folder? And if so where might I find the code? I'm going away for 2 weeks and my account only takes 2Mb which will disappear in 2 days without daily maintenance. Many thanks G ...

Strange Outlook message #2
I use a program that was written by my company's tech group. It works fine except on 1 PC. On this PC, 2 prompts come up when the program tries to send email messages. The first prompt says: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Then there's a checkbox next to Allow access for (drop down box with choices between 1 and 10 minutes.) Yes No Help Immediately after clicking Yes I get the second prompt: A Program is trying to automatically send e-ma...

flag a message
I am new to live desktop and do not understand the 4 icons shown on the toolbar; namely a star, spectacles, paper clip and a cloud. In my last hotmail account I could flag a message to note that I should read it later but so far do not see how to do this in windows live mail desktop. The live help line does not seem to give me an answer. Can anyone tell me? Thank you Alt + T, Options, uncheck Use newsgroup community support features. What you are seeing is Rating, Watched, Attachment, Message type. If Flag is not showing, right click on the column headers (it is not the toolba...

Greater Than Message Box
I would like a message box to appear when the value entered in textbox “TimeA” is greater than the valued entered in textbox “TimeB”. The message box should have two buttons “OK” and “CANCEL”. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:39:13 GMT, "pushrodengine via AccessMonster.com" <u36225@uwe> wrote: >I would like a message box to appear when the value entered in textbox >�TimeA� is greater than the valued entered in textbox �TimeB�. > >The message box should have...

New messages not showing in Inbox
Hi, We use Outlook 2002 SP2. On a couple of desktops we do not see new messages showing up unless we open an existing message. Once we close the existing message, all new items are there. When we try to click the Send/Receive icon, it does not bring the new items. The Outlook client seem to contact the Exchange server only when we open an existing item. Any thoughts? Thank you. P. Could it be the 'views'? Did you change anything in the 'views'? Try searching for 'Views' in the help file... Good luck! "P" <plavallee@rcn.......com> wrote in messa...