First Time Opening Outlook

I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message
titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server".  The message is, "Your
Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says,
"Configuring Outlook Accounts".  The configuation process never does
complete.  I can even open outlook.

Help!

Thanks
Ross
0
Ross (104)

Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup
> message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server".  The message
> is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second
> popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts".  The configuation process
> never does complete.  I can even open outlook.

Use Control Panel>Mail to remove the Exchange service from your mail
profile.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
11/17/2004 7:42:16 PM
Thank you Brian:  I will give it a try.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup
> > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server".  The message
> > is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second
> > popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts".  The configuation process
> > never does complete.  I can even open outlook.
>
> Use Control Panel>Mail to remove the Exchange service from your mail
> profile.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Ross (104)

Set curdir from where template was opened
I have an app where there is a templete that resides in a directory, under this directory is a data storage folder, the location of the template can change. Part of the code builds the require directory structure below the template location. Is there a way to set the curdir to where the workbook was opened from ie: where template sits? I am interupting the save process so I can set the name of the file depending on values within a worksheet, it needs to default to the "place where template is"\datastore\"Name I define".xls TIA W Code below FYI: Sub Workbook_Be...

Import from MS Outlook 2000
Hi, I need to import into my Entourage 2004 all my data from an Outlook.pst file created in Microsoft Outlook 2000 for Windows. Can you please tell me how I can do it??? Thanks and Happy Holidays!! JM Yepez Hi Jose, This newsgroup is for questions about converting between versions of Microsoft Access database software, and hardly anyone here uses Macs. Probably what you'l have to do is to use Outlook to open the PST file and export the items it contains to a format that Entourage can import. If there's a better answer, you're more likely to get it from an Entourage forum. ...

Outlook 2007 Calender Permissions Context Menu does not open on right-click (only 1 user affected)
Hello, one of our users cannot open the context menu to set calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 (right-clicking on calendar). Hourglass appears and process hangs forever (window does not even appear). Have to use taskman to end it. No events appearing in event viewer that relate in any way :( Further details: xp32, Office 2007 Pro, all patches (2010-06-24) Running Processes, Services, Antivirus and other tools are the same for all users (accessing permissions work for others). No macros running in background. Any clue where to start my search or what to fix? Would be nice if I wouldn&#...

Wrong Sent Time
Yesterday at about 1:00 CDT we requested a supplier use a form in their .ASP application to generate an email confirmation. I had them send it to my office address as well as my home address. The supplier sent the confirmation approximately 90 minutes later. When looking at the email in an Outlook Inbox, the received time is 2:34PM which matches the actual time the message was received. However, the sent time on the opened email is 9:34AM both at the office and at home. In this case, that's 3.5 hours before the request for a confirmation email was sent to the supplier. Looking at the mess...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?
I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear. Then, when I acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder. In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder. Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook? Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote: > I would like to ha...

First in First out
I need help in figuring out how to implement FIFO. I order a product and it is put in inventory with a PO and price. Then I may order some more in a few months before I use up all the old, it is added in with its own PO and price. Now when I take out of inventory I want to use up all the items from the first order then switch to the next one. Any help would be nic Thank Ji You need a date stamp at the time the product into inventory. Maybe use an "expected arrival" date on the PO. But how does this relate to Excel? Questions like this should be directed to: http://www.allexpert...

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard
In Outlook 2000, I cannot make a rule in Rules Wizard to autoforward copies of all email received in my boss' inbox to a subfolder in my inbox, distinguishing the email that is forwarded so that his inbox email messages are moved to my subfolder but action or information email messages sent from my boss to me are not moved to my subfolder and remain in my inbox. I am dealing with two types of messages received from my boss 1) autoforwarded messages from him to me with a header stating "This message was autoforwarded" 2) action or information email messages from him to m...

time formula question
This formula works great if the ending time is before 0:00. =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)* {2;3;4})),"") $C$9:$C$11 is my starting time i.e. 20:00 $E$9:$E$11 is my ending time i.e. 04:30 How can I get this to work if A21 = 20:15? TIA, David Try this: =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((($C$9:$C$11<$E$9:$E$11)*(A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)+(($C$9:$C$11>=$E$9:$E$11)*((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)+(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)))*{2;3;4})),"") HTH -- AP "David" <dfizer@r...

Open worksheets containing graphs
Why is it that a particular excel file I have contaning graphs takes ages to open on my PC (using Excel 2000) and everyone around me can open it fine. We all have the same spec PC's and network connection speeds. Copy of previous post from Norman Harker in response to a similar question that may help. Gist of it is that a bunch of garbage temp files may be slowing down your system:- Most Probable Causes Most probable causes are: ** Windows 95/98/ME Too much accumulated junk in: C:\Windows\Temp File ** Windows NT/2000/XP Too much accumulated junk in: C:\Documents and Setting...

How do I print just the first page in my received email
To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I just print first page only, and how do I do that? HTML messages can be printed one page at a time if you use File, Print on the menu. You can also Edit a plain text message to change it to HTML be able to use File, Print. "PeterM" wrote: > To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I > just print first page only, and how do I do that? > > Many thanks Mary..........When I'm looking at my email (please remember, this is my 3 day with outlook) how do I cha...

How do I open an attachment (spreadsheet) from someone using offi.
Hi not sure what you're really after as the subject line has been truncated ... but you could go to the Microsoft site and downlaod the viewer for excel if you're interested in opening an excel file. however, if you want to make changes to it etc you'll need to purchase excel or look at www.openoffice.org for a free alternative to excel that will open (most?) excel workbooks. Cheers JulieD "Trying to open attachment." <Trying to open attachment.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F066B05B-FC4C-4EFE-BF49-0791B870EC16@microsoft.com... > ...

Can you print emails and attachments without opening either of the
Hi there Not sure if you can do this, but can you print emails and attachments without opening either of them? We have just moved from Groupwise to Outlook 2003 and you could do this in Groupwise. Thanks in advance. Kylie On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:35:18 -1000, Kylie B"" <KylieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there > > Not sure if you can do this, but can you print emails and attachments > without opening either of them? > > We have just moved from Groupwise to Outlook 2003 and you could do this > in > Groupwise. > > Thanks in adva...

Webmail default session time
I would like to see if I can change the default time for webmail to be longer. For example, if you are inactive in a webmail session for more than 10 or 15 minutes it logs you out. Could you change this to 30 minutes please ? Thanks comments ! It's a quick registry edit :-). http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html (From above site) You can change the default timeout by changing the following registry setting: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ExchangeWeb\OWA Registry Value: PublicClientTimeout Value Type: REG_DWORD V...

Archiving mail in Outlook to a Public Folder???
Sorry I don't know if this is the right group to post this message but does anyone know how to archive a mailbox to a public folder? You can archive the mail - it will then be in the archive.pst - open the pst and drag / drop it to the public folder. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Huy Pham" <anonymo...

Outlook 2k mail attachements
I can't send mail with an attachment or an inserted picture. I've disabled my McAfee and tried it. I've changed mail settings - HTML/Rich text, and nothing. I can send it using my ATT webmail site without any trouble. What do I need to look for? Settings, etc in Outlook? Thanks for the help Mike K What is the error message or symptom of failure? Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Mike K wrote: > I can't send mail with an attachment or an inserted > picture. I've disabled my McAfee and tried it. I've > changed mail settings - HTML/Rich t...

the first
-- zdx840626��sina.com ...

Date and Time Summaries
This is a little hard to explain, but here it goes. I have a dataset with weather data and I get data sent to me every 10 minutes. The date and time is being stored together such as 14/MAY/2007 12:15:00 AM. etc. However, I want to base some summaries from say the 14/MAY/2007 at a time starting at 4pm until 7:40am the next morning which would make this the 15/MAY/2007. How can I get all this data to see each day starting at 4pm one day until 7:40 am the next day to be a day? In the criteria for the date/time field: Between Date() + #4:00:00 PM# AND Date() + #7:40:00 AM# +1 This w...

Choosing folder for downloaded e-mail in Outlook 2003
I have several e-mail accounts and would like to keep the incoming e-mail from each account is separate folders. When I go to <Tools><E<V-mail Accountsd>choose View or Change Existing E-mail Accounts and highlight the various e-mail accounts, the only option I get for the folder of where to deliever the e-mail is Personal Folder. No other folder is avaiable for downloaded e-amil. How can I correct this? You use rules to move mail from separate accounts to their own folders. = There is only one default delivery location but rules moves the items = where you want. --=8...

Summary Query based on First Occurrence
I've got a list of invoices for businesses, some which have multiple invoices on a given day. I want to be able to return ONLY the First Day a customer was invoiced AND the TOTAL for just that day. Here's what the data looks like: Account InvoiceDate TotBill A B C Corp. 20041231 3500.00 A B C Corp. 20041231 9500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 1500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 2000.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 1500.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 12000.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 300.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 470.00 Ideally, my Qu...

Outlook 2003 Saving sent mail
I migrated from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003 two months ago. The installation did fine with importing all my AOL folders from the old program. However I now have a new email account which I set up after the install, and I cannot get my sent items from the new account to save in the Sent Items folder. I have already clicked on Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options and it is set to save copies of messages in sent items folder. Can you tell me how to get my sent message to save??? Not saving sent messages <Not saving sent messages@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

convert into time format
hi I want to make a simple timetabel for my employees. Instead of time format mm:ss I would like them just to type 1000 as in 10:00. I cannot find the right way, and do not have expert skills in Excel. pls. help. Henrik. Cannot be done in Excel simply by formatting the cells. You would have to use an adjacent column as a helper column with formulas to make the change to time. Chip Pearson has event code for quick entry of dates/times. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Or an add-in from Bob Phillips' site http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html Gord Dibb...

CRM Calender Objects not appearing in Outlook Calender
Consider the following: Single server solution, Microsoft Exchange being used for all users' mailboxes and CRM is installed on the server. If I add a CRM appointment, surely the exchange calender should be populated aswell, and vice-versa? Otherwise one has to manage 2 calenders...one in CRM, and one in outlook !? Any comments? The actual synchronization of Contacts, Appointments & Tasks is only done when the SFO client goes Offline. At this point, any objects created via the web interface will be synch'd as needed with Outlook and thus Exchange. If you create the obje...

What ports should I need to open for Exchange?
I am green in Exchange Server and I have set up a Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server. There is a firewall bewteen users and the servers. When I use the Outlook 2003 to connect to the Exchange server, there have problem in connecting. Now, I wish to know that which TCP/UDP ports should be open? Thx Wing Are you using RPC over HTTP?, if so then you should only need 80 and 443 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Wing" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B66CBBDA-9339-4C1E-9236-BF25AFA62...

Cannot customize Outlook today #2
I have outlook 2000 on some XP pro machines and when they click on customize outlook today nothing happens ...