First Exchange Client and Exchange Server 2003

I have a customer that is running Exchange 5.5 on an NT
4.0 box and they have several stores that are running the
very first Exchange Client, not outlook but Exchange
Client. Does anyone know if this will work with Exchange
Server 2003? I know several functions of E2K3 server will
not work with the client such as cached mode and some
filtering options. What I would like to know if it will
work at all.

Thanks!!
0
anonymous (74721)

Yes, you can connect to a mailbox using the old Exchange Client. I would
advise, however, you/they don't open any of those mailboxes with a higher
version Outlook client and then try to get back into them with the Exchange
Client - I can almost guarantee you'll have problems.

I would further advise you to advise them that an upgrade to those clients
would be worth considering, especially if they're already committed to the
investment in Exchange 2003 Server.

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"CT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a customer that is running Exchange 5.5 on an NT
> 4.0 box and they have several stores that are running the
> very first Exchange Client, not outlook but Exchange
> Client. Does anyone know if this will work with Exchange
> Server 2003? I know several functions of E2K3 server will
> not work with the client such as cached mode and some
> filtering options. What I would like to know if it will
> work at all.
>
> Thanks!!

0
patrickareed (498)

pst folder imported into exchange 2003
I just installed exchange 2003 and it works great. I had some contact folders (pst) on my exchange 5.5. I exported from 5.5 and then imported into 2003. Now whenever any user uses any contact name from the folder and try to send an email, he gets a return email back with undeliverable message. And another problem is whenever anyone uses this folder to get the email address, exchange shows that retreiving from ENG. ENG is my old exchange 5.5 server name. Any suggestion, please. ...

How to migrate Outlook 2007 "cached" name lookups to another Outlook 2007 client?
Is there a way to move the "cached" name lookups that Outlook 2007 uses when entering the first few letters of a contact name in the To: or CC: field, to another machine? I am rebuilding my system and would really like to be able to have all the cached names immediately available for calling up on the new machine, especially since a number of them aren't part of my Contacts because I only use them occasionally. find and move the nk2 file. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 H...

Disclaimer Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, Is there anyway or what is the simplest way of adding a disclaimer to Exchange 2003, in order that all outgoing emails are automatically setup with this? Many thanks and kind regards to all for your assistance, Jeff Jeff, While Exchange 12 will have transport rules that will enable much easier disclaimer usage. Exchange 2003 still relies on using event syncs on an internet mail connector. Plus there are with mail sent by MAPI clients in that the disclaimer isn't persistant on mails submitted in MAPI format. There are 3rd party tools - Exclaimer seems to be a popular choice...

Address mapping and rewrite in Exchange 2003?
I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I heard that 2003 could do it as well.... "Dima" <voland@begemot.com> wrote: >I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick >bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an >address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come >in on @domain1.com and then fo...

Exchange Application Error
Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9153 Date: 5/24/2004 Time: 5:41:28 AM User: N/A Computer: DomainExchange Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0xc0072030' when setting DS notification. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Any insite would be appreciated? Regards, We need more information of your environment. Mixed? Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000? There are other events that come right before this that should give us more information also. These may be info...

Backing up server in another forest (with trust)
I have DPM 2007 with Service Pack1. I am trying to backup data from a server that is in a domain in a different forest from the one that holds the DPM server. ForestA.com - has DPM-01 server as a member of the root domain ForestB.com - has the server FS-01 to be backed up as a member of the root domain. All servers on the network are Windows Server 2008. There is a trust relationship between the two forests. The good news is that we got the backups to work, however the problem is that they fail after a while and we get an "access denied" error from the DPMRA s...

First in First out
I need help in figuring out how to implement FIFO. I order a product and it is put in inventory with a PO and price. Then I may order some more in a few months before I use up all the old, it is added in with its own PO and price. Now when I take out of inventory I want to use up all the items from the first order then switch to the next one. Any help would be nic Thank Ji You need a date stamp at the time the product into inventory. Maybe use an "expected arrival" date on the PO. But how does this relate to Excel? Questions like this should be directed to: http://www.allexpert...

Resource mailbox and AutoAccept Agent Exchange 2003
Hello, I am hoping osmeone can assist me in configuring a reosurce mailbox and autoaccept agent. We are currently running an Exchange 2003 server with Autoaccept installed and configured. We have within public folders a subfolder called "bookings" and within it are the names of our various conference rooms in calendar format. When someone wantsto book one of the conference rooms, they schedule it, save and close and get a reply of accept or deny. The public calendar for this conference room is automatically updated. This was all configured prior to me starting at the company. No...

there was an error reading the rules from the server
I'm getting this error when i try to run the "oiut of the office assistent". any idia? I run Outlook 2000 with Exchange server. Thanks Ronnie ...

To MS Support: Budget report bug in Money 2005 (and 2003,4)
Part of our income comes from investments and we have several brokerage accounts which are setup in Money 2002 as investment accounts with a linked cash account. Dividend, interest and capital gains income comes into these accounts and is then transferred to a separate checking account to pay our living expenses. Thus the investment accounts must be included in our budget. Money's budget feature is outstanding and crucial to our financial health. I have tried to upgrade from Money 2002 but am unable to because Money 2003, 2004 and 2005 have a show stopper bug that destroys al...

exchange problem
restart of the sbs 2003 r2 server sent out large batch of old mail (Some months old) and deposited 15-20 messages in various users inboxes from system administrator about undeliverable mail to reciepients that could not be reached. They are getting calls/emails from the reciepients of this old mail wondering what's up. Why did this happen and how can i find out what emails went out. They are not in the users sent folder for the day of the restart. Mike-in-Houston wrote: > restart of the sbs 2003 r2 server sent out large batch of old mail (Some > months old) and de...

Exchange SP 4
I created a folder on c: on my server and copied sp4_550i to it and then unpacked the files then installed this part of the SP. Can I now delete the unpacked folders? It takes up 49.7MB and I need the space. Thanks, Diane The full path is c:\exchange sp4\sp4_550i\eng\server\setup\i386 Hi Diane, If you have already installed the service pack, then you should be fine to delete that unpacked folder. Should you ever need to reinstall the service pack for any reason, I would keep the sp4_550i file around. Hope this helps! -- Randy Campbell Microsoft PSS Please do not send email direc...

How do I print just the first page in my received email
To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I just print first page only, and how do I do that? HTML messages can be printed one page at a time if you use File, Print on the menu. You can also Edit a plain text message to change it to HTML be able to use File, Print. "PeterM" wrote: > To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I > just print first page only, and how do I do that? > > Many thanks Mary..........When I'm looking at my email (please remember, this is my 3 day with outlook) how do I cha...

HQ Server/Client Issues after applying HotFix 2.0.0115
I applied HotFix 2.0.0115 Tuesday night/Wednesday and today we seem to be having a lot of connection issues. Worksheet 401s are taking a long time to process, and by "a long time" I mean 5+ minutes instead of the usual 40 seconds. Whenever a client is connected to HQ, the machine that hosts HQ Server sees CPU usage at 70% or higher for the duration of the connection. Has anybody else experience this problem? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FF_01C885DC.3C0CF2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&...

Text after non-breaking space truncated: Publisher 2003 WinXP
Hello All, Watch out folks! If you are using non-breaking spaces in your Pub docs and edit your story in Work (Edit-->Edit Story in Word), beware that the character after the non-breaking space is truncated. Also, when you close the Word edit window and return to Pub the characters are truncated in the original Pub doc. Kinda scary. If some one has time, can you test it and see if you get the same behavior. Thanks in advance ...

Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server #2
Exchange 2000. Outlook 2002. Using private store and public folders. Brand new Windows XP Pro IBM laptop. One user logs in and it takes upwards of 2 minutes to open one simple message. Another user logs on and accesses their e-mail and there is no delay nor do they get the "Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically" dialog box. I have looked throughout the news groups and Microsofts web site. Much of the information relates t...

Create a GAL for each sub-company in our Exchange system?
I would like to create a GAL for each sub-company within our organization and I've found that I can limit access to the COMPANY_A GAL by applying filters, but, I'm also wanting to block all access to the default/master GAL - is that possible? Basically, I'm trying to setup sub-companies within the single Exchange server such that none of the companies can see the accounts in the other companies - is there a document/link on doing this? -- You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little voice inside you that most civilians don't eve...

Outlook 2003
Greetings, I have a set of users that will be accessing our Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server using Outlook 2003 over RPC on HTTPS. I need to enable them to change their password through the tools>options>other>advanced>custom forms>ChangePassword button. These users/machines will not be part of the domain and the only access they will have is RPC over HTTPS. I have diagnosed that Outlook 2003 will only allow you to change your password this way if you are on a computer that is a member of the same domain as the Exchange server. But if the computer is not a member (using norma...

Default Exchange Rates
In setting up our exchange rate tables, we set up our rates monthly, start date on the first of the month, expiry date on the last day of the month. We've chosen to use Previous Date to search for rates if a rate does not exist for a transaction date, with an Unlimited search. So our rates have been updated for the month of May, ie, rates exist for May 1st to May 31st. We've input a transaction dated for June 1st. However, an error message pops up indicating that no valid rates exist. Why does GP not go to the Previous Date of May 31st, and use that rate? Have I totally mis...

[1.2]
Dear all, I have this situation 1 server SBS 2003 with CRM Server 1.2 (this is actually the only server with active directory on my domain, on this server there is also DNS, this is a small installation, maybe in future I'll buy another server, but not now) On this server I have 20 domain users with 10 CRM licences. If I try to access CRM server from a client that isn't in the domain I have no problem, the browser ask me for user and password and I can go in. If I try to access CRM server from a client that is in the domain using a account that has CRM license I can go in. If...

Exchange 2003 big question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

the first
-- zdx840626��sina.com ...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Choosing folder for downloaded e-mail in Outlook 2003
I have several e-mail accounts and would like to keep the incoming e-mail from each account is separate folders. When I go to <Tools><E<V-mail Accountsd>choose View or Change Existing E-mail Accounts and highlight the various e-mail accounts, the only option I get for the folder of where to deliever the e-mail is Personal Folder. No other folder is avaiable for downloaded e-amil. How can I correct this? You use rules to move mail from separate accounts to their own folders. = There is only one default delivery location but rules moves the items = where you want. --=8...

How to find outside hostname of internal exchange server
I am trying to setup activesync but can't seem to get the right server name. Is there somewhere on the exchange box where I can find this info or do I need to get onto the router/firewall and see where mail is being sent? I am getting error 0x80072EE7 when trying to sync from the device. In news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0702261401320.14766@rob-campbell.com, Rob Campbell <poohba@rob-campbell.com> typed: > I am trying to setup activesync but can't seem to get the right server > name. It's whatever public A record exists for your domain, that points at the appropriate public I...