Finesse in using Outlook Mail Features for Heavy Email Volume

Help-

A long-time user of Outlook, I am now in a job that requires me to
handle lots of volume into two different MS Exchange Accounts, and
review two additional accounts.

I was limping along using standard organizing techniques (i.e. personal
folders and archiving), but am nearing a meltdown.  I'm guessing that I
have nearly 8,000 email scattered into different personal folders.  I'm
finding it cumbersome to deal with anymore.

I am looking for some suggestions for efficiently organizing my
messages, that will keep my system from crashing (which I feel is just
around the corner), yet allow me to use the search functions to find
actions by keyword.

Even a forwarding link would be appreciated.  Thx, Amy

You might try looking at http://www.slipstick.com to see if there any any
ideas there that would help.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Amy Duray" <Amy.Duray.zlj23@outlookforum.com> wrote in message

> Help-
>
> A long-time user of Outlook, I am now in a job that requires me to
> handle lots of volume into two different MS Exchange Accounts, and
> review two additional accounts.
>
> I was limping along using standard organizing techniques (i.e. personal
> folders and archiving), but am nearing a meltdown.  I'm guessing that I
> have nearly 8,000 email scattered into different personal folders.  I'm
> finding it cumbersome to deal with anymore.
>
> I am looking for some suggestions for efficiently organizing my
> messages, that will keep my system from crashing (which I feel is just
> around the corner), yet allow me to use the search functions to find
> actions by keyword.
>
> Even a forwarding link would be appreciated.  Thx, Amy

stephenson (1245)

Outlook 2002 Journal Entry Types
Does anybody have any ideas why on all of our desktop computers the journal has about 20 different entry type options, such as, Phone Call, Task, etc... However, on a laptop which syncs with the desktop computer (we have a server, etc..) the laptop is only showing 4 entry type options (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel...) Any thoughts on how to correct this issue in the laptop? It is Outlook 2002 as well. Doesn't make any sense. Thanks...please HELP! Need a solution fast. The only thing I've come by is changing the "brain" for Outlook and that's just risky. ...

Use Excel to work on another Excel workbook?
Web site recommendations for the given subject line? Jon Peltier's site give good examples for PowerPoint but I'm a VBA beginner/intermediate so actual Excel examples would be nice. -- Toby Erkson Oregon, USA Excel 2002 in Windows XP Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to achieve exactly? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Toby Erkson" <not.necessary@nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#dexZxV2EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Web site recommendations for the given subject line? Jon Peltier's site give > g...

Importing mail from another computer
I have a small home network of a desktop PC and a laptop. I use MS Otlook on both. Is it possible to import my Inbox (or any other folder) from on to the other? Peter Peter B, you wrote on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:04:51 +0100: > I have a small home network of a desktop PC and a laptop. I use MS Otlook > on both. Is it possible to import my Inbox (or any other folder) from on to > the other? Simply copy the pst-file (in this file the most Outlook datas �X Mails, Contacts, Calendar etc �X are stored) from one computer to the other and open the file in Outlook via File | Ope...

To successfully use RegDeleteKey, should I only use the following functions?
Am I correct in assuming that if I want to successfully use RegDeleteKey, I cannot use any of the following functions: GetProfileInt GetProfileString WriteProfileInt WriteProfileString RegCreateKey RegOpenKey and can only use these functions, and in this sequence: RegOpenKeyEx RegCreateKeyEx RegEnumKeyEx RegDeleteKey <<only when needed, of course. RegCloseKey - throughout my entire application involving registry or "INI" queries and entries? I derived this conclusion when reading: "To open the key, use the RegCreateKeyEx or RegOpenKeyEx function. Do not use the Reg...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Downloading Files Using Excel
Is there a way to use excel to download files. I have a large number of files I wish to download. They are all in the same directory. I was wanting to maybe put the file names into the sheet and somewhere input the directory they are in on the web, and then have it download them all to the same place, not in the excel file, but to a folder on my computer. I do not need a password, and I am not using ftp for this. Thanks ...

Outlook Desktop Alerts
Hello all, I have a user who has this issue. Upon reciept of an e-mail, he/she recieves the Desktop Alert, then gets a second alert for the same e-mail. Has anyone come across this before and was able to fix this issue? Thank you Are you using Exchange in cached mode? I've noticed it happen some times but its not enough of an annoyance to care why it happens. I know if you hover over the alert as it fades it may come back. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook T...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

using Outlook 2010
I've downloaded the 2010 and want to use it, but how do I transfer my 2007 files -- contacts, calendar, rules, emails, notes, etc. -- to 2010? If I can't transfer them, 2010 is useless to me. (No such problems with Word 2010 or the others -- they're great.) Help? Thanks, outlook 2010 will not install if Outlook 2007 is still installed Once OL 2010 is installed it should under normal circumstances reconnect to your data "asiegel" <asiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE955230-AC14-423A-A429-8FC425A893E4@microsoft.com... > I...

excel tells me that outlook is not my default email
I try to use a hyperlink in excel to send email and it gives me this error message. Open MS Internet Explorer tools|Internet options|programs tab make sure you have Outlook as the email client. (I think I'd close excel when I did this.) If it doesn't work the first time, try changing that setting to something else, then back to Outlook. I seem to recall that I had to "wake it up" to make it work -- but that was a few years ago! geekay wrote: > > I try to use a hyperlink in excel to send email and it gives me this error > message. -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook Web Access #8
Hi, Don't know if this is the exact right place for this inquiry, but it's the closest match I found. My environment is running W2K Servers (SP3) with Exchange 2000. The clients are all running W2K Prof (SP2) with Office 2000. When I'm running http://<exchserver>/exchange/<username> for myself, I'm logging on and running OWA. No problems. When I'm trying for another user I'm getting "The Page Cannot Be Found". User properties in Active Directory, under Exchange Advanced, Protocols, HTTP the checkmark is set for "Enable for mailbox&q...

Using Indirect Function to link to Other Files
Is this possible? I have a situation whereby I want to use one generic spreadsheet to create results for different data sets. The different data sets are contained in different files. I need to bring in each data set into the generic spreadsheet and then save it as a specific spreadsheet for that data set. I thought a way of doing this might be bring in the data by means of a straightforward cell reference eg formula = '[dataset1!]SHEET1'!A1. To make things easier I would like to use the INDIRECT function instead of the actual file name so that I can change all the cells by chan...

use one microsoft office for two home computers?
This is a stupid question, perhaps, but I've got Office X on my home/business imac. I just bought a new ibook. Do I need to also purchase a second copy of Office (or at least Word) for this new computer, or am I licensed to use my current Office on the ibook? Is there some way to buy a second license without shelling out an additional $200 for a whole new set of Office on CD? In article <ae4effbb.0404061657.6f1db654@posting.google.com>, c.shea5@verizon.net (CShea) wrote: > This is a stupid question, perhaps, but I've got Office X on my > home/business imac. I just bough...

Approach to using WM_POWERBROADCAST
Hello folks, I am back with yet another question. I read something Joe had written about his equipment setup and that he could catch WM_POWERBROADCAST messages as they were generated by his UPS'. I thought this was a terrific idea. I had no clue that these messages would be available. I am planning to add a couple of lines of code to my app to catch the WM_POWERBROADCAST message and throw up a quick message box to indicate the power is low, and gracefully shut down the application. I think this will be about four lines of code, but a very polite feature. So, now to my ques...

WhyRecipients of my email attach cant open word documents anymor?
I just switched to windows 7 as well as trial word 2007. Recipients of my email attachments cannot open word documents anymore. I get feedback like: This is a cold fusion markup file. Please forward in Word, Wordpad or copy and paste into the body of the email. "Claude" <Claude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E48D474C-212A-47B9-8ABF-EC38D2D3FC1E@microsoft.com... > I just switched to windows 7 as well as trial word 2007. Recipients of my > email attachments cannot open word documents anymore. I get feedback like: > This is a cold fusion...

Reload Outlook
I had to reload my system. I have been trying to find in my tape backup restore, the data file that has my most recent emailss and settings. I have been unable to find it. I have found an old one but nothing recent. Is the file renamed something? Is it kept in a hidden folder somewhere that is not obvious? Help, Thanks, Jerry http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#pst David "Jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b2301c3e29d$413fa9e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I had to reload my system. I have been trying to find in > my tape backup r...

Using Excel GoalSeek on Access Form
XP Pro SP2, Access 2003 SP3. I'm looking to convert an Excel worksheet into an Access form. I have a strategy in mind for everything the worksheet does, except for the GoalSeek code behind one of the cells. Does anyone have experience with doing this sort of thing? I can supply additional details, including my VBA macro in the worksheet if that will help. -- Clif "Clif McIrvin" <clare.moe@nevergmail.com.invalid> schreef in bericht news:evgoepFmKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > XP Pro SP2, Access 2003 SP3. > > I'm looking to c...

Use CIPAddressCtrl class
using the CIPAddressCtrl class in a dialog wizard with a Next button. i only want to enable the Next button if the user has typed in all 4 parts of the address. i'm catching the IPN_FIELDCHANGED notification message. doing a GetAddress allows me to check via the return code that none of the 4 fields are blank. however, this notification message is only caught when any of the 4 edit fields in the IP Address control loses focus. so if i type in fields 1-3 i'm ok as i have to move to the next part to enter the next address part. when i get to the 4th field, as soon as i type in a nume...

newsgroup in outlook
i just cant find out how i open newsgroups in outlook 2003. i am now on outlook express. Outlook uses Outlook Express for news groups. "Tony" wrote: > i just cant find out how i open newsgroups in outlook 2003. > i am now on outlook express. > > > > ...

Generic user to accept misspelled email
I have SBS 2003 with exchange 2003. I had the mx record pointed to my ip address. now i want to set up a user? to accept misspelled email to our domain, and have that email delivered to my inbox in outlook. I also want the administrator email pointed to my outlook, how do I go about doing this? thanks for your help Pam Sounds like you need a catch-all mailbox. See this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.co...

Invalid use of Null
Hi, M getting error (Invalid use of Null) with crosstab where i have used left outer join. I tried different ways to get rid of error message but it follows all the time. I tried using "Nz" "IIF" but didnt work. Please help if someone can help me on my below query. TRANSFORM Sum(IIf([ANR]>0,[ANR],0)) AS Expr1 SELECT report4.country FROM report4 LEFT JOIN REPORT4_ACTUALS ON (report4.PL = REPORT4_ACTUALS.PL) GROUP BY report4.country PIVOT REPORT4_ACTUALS.Expr2 Thanks in advance, Vikram Hi, Try first creating a normal select query that returns the records which you...

Current cost using Average Perpetual method
I am using Average perpetual valuation method. GP 8.0 In the Item card help window, The help states" The current cost will be updated after every increase transaction posted for the item, unless the item is valued using an average valuation method, in which case the current cost will be the average cost. " The current cost is tha average cost of what? If it is a purchased item, is it an average of all po's received? But what if it is a "make" item? What gets averaged then, the sum of the BOM cost of components, or the cost that is calculated on a MO receipt? Is ...

Outlook 2003 and .wab address book
I need to import an .wab address book into Outlook 2003, but seems like Outlook 2003 doesn't handle this format, what can I do? Besides, everytime I try to use it, outlook says that the contact folder or the address book has been erased or remove, or something like that. That's all. Outlook doesn't use WAB files. Outlook Express does. You'd have to import it into OE first, then import into Outlook from OE. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "OSO_ROBBIE" <oso_robbie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:230b01c3af4d$ce93a130$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to im...

Using VC 7.1 dialog::DoModal() fails when using RichEdit 2.0 or ActiveX controls... why???
I recently migrated one of my projects up to VC 7.1 from VC 6.0 and for some reason, any of my dialogs using RichEdit controls or ActiveX controls, fail when trying to run DoModal() or creating them. Does anybody know how to fix this? Attached is a simple Dialog based VC 7.1 project with a button to lauch a dialog that uses a rich edit 2.0 control. Thanks Scott - Scott@Mad-FX.com >I recently migrated one of my projects up to VC 7.1 from VC 6.0 and for some >reason, any of my dialogs using RichEdit controls or ActiveX controls, fail >when trying to run DoModal() or creating them...

Using Relative path for XML data file?