finding word or phrase in outlook email attachments, not text

I'm a recruiter, and my job requires me to search hundreds
of resumes a day for words or phrases.  Up til now I've
been using "advanced find" but then I realized it doesn't
find the words or phrases in any attachments -- it only
searches title/contents.  So none of the attached resumes
get searched.  Am I missing something?  Seems like the
advanced find option should also include attachments as
well, whether they be pdf or in most cases Word.  Any
tips, let me know.
0
anonymous (74722)

Existing word documents made on PC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a number of documents made on a PC that include images - scanned, from the internet, etc. They look fine when opened by Word for PC, but when the same file is opened by me using Office 08 for Mac, some (not all) of the pictures appear absolutely minute, in the top left of the image box. The image box is still there, so the text alignment is not affected, but the rest of the text box is blank. I have even had a colleague open the file on her PC to show me the image is fine, then email me the same image - with the s...

Find Duplicate names and delate

'the operation failed' error window in outlook 2003?
Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open either. I have to click on the icon a second time and the program opens right away. I have all the latest updates including servicepack 2 Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation > failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open > either. I have to click on the i...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How can I add Paste Special to the Word 2007 context menu?
Excel 2007's context menu includes Paste Special; Word's does not. I have frequent need for Paste Special in Word and the many trips to the Ribbon get tiresome. I'd like to know how to add commands to the context menu in general, but a solution for Paste Special is the immediate need. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://...

Exporting to a text file
How to export an Access query to a text file without the column heading? The query consists of single column and is used to import to an accounting system. Thanks. Cannot be done with the built-in TransferText action / method. You'd need to open a text file via VBA code and write the query's records (one at a time) into that file. If interested, post back and I'll provide some sample code. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:O$MxJCPlHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to export an Access quer...

Publisher cuts off text from word file that I am pasting into tex.
What does "Type your message here" mean to you? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Let me guess the question... You paste Word text into a Publisher text box and it doesn't fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahKB" <DeborahKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29CD723-545B-4A7C-8ACA-DD5092DCE101@microsoft.com... > Ooooooooh, Mary...

default setting of zoom slider in Outlook 2010
Love the new Outlook, but for some reason my default reading pane zoom slider setting is now at 170%. While I can change back to 100% to read message, each new message reverts back to 170%. Where can I change that globally? Thanks. JIM in Fla I would LOVE to figure this one out too! It's either 170% or 210 %, and I set it and it keeps resetting! Found the solution: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2010/thread/f8e2b566-593a-4ebf-833a-f7ae95d48bd9. You have to start a new mail message and changed the zoom in it to whatever zoom level you want to be the default (1...

outlook error: entry point ont found
hello i am having problems with outlook ( im running xp pro ) when i try to run outlook i get this error message: Microsoft outlook. outlook EXE entry point not found. the procedure entry point getiUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library. ive uninstalled /installed again ,but to no avail. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much . Regards georgie ...

Unreadable attachment
I was able to open this attachment but it is written in computer code. Is there any way to translate this into readable English? Thank you for any help. Tom What is the file extension? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:854369FC-9DFC-45B9-8F54-F2C6C6A93714@microsoft.com... >I was able to open this attachment but it is written in computer code. >Is > th...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Outlook 2000 just upgraded from outlook express
I have just upgraded from outlook express to outlook 2000. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get by accounts to send and receive. I am able to connect to the internet via my dial up connection and surf the web, but the email send and receive will not work. An error message is displayed 'The server could not be found. (Account: ' Sympatico', POP3 Server: 'pop1.ns.sympatico.ca', Error Number 0x800ccc0d). I have checked with Sympatico and the settings are correct on my account. Any help would be appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >I have just upgra...

Outlook XP #19
2 situations 1) O/S XP - Outlook XP - user wants preview to show only on unread messages. Read messages - no preview 2) O/S XP - Outlook XP - has 4 pieces of mail that has been read but is not showing as having been read. Highlighted mail - requested marked as read. Opened mail \ closed it still showing as not been read. I can be directly contacted at 718 694-4636. Denise A. Wintz Denise Wintz <dewintz@nyct.com> wrote: > 1) O/S XP - Outlook XP - user wants preview to show only > on unread messages. Read messages - no preview Can't be done. -- Brian Tillman ...

INSERT Option in Word 2003 problem
When I click on INSERT option, the dropdown list repeats previously inserted word forever. I need to scroll through hundreds of the same word before i get to SYMBOLS or other options. Any ideas how to fix it. I tried repairing the installation and total re-installation, nothing works. In Tools | Customize, click the Toolbars tab. In the list of toolbars, select "Menu Bar" and then click Reset. Does that help? If/when you are prompted to save normal.dot, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "b***n" <b***n@discussions.microsof...

Linking Contacts in Outlook 2007
I just converted from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. In Outlook 2003 at the bottom left of the address card was a field in which you could link the open contact to other contacts in your address book. That field does not appear in the address card in Outlook 2007. Can someone help me figure out how to make that field appear? Thank you. That option is here: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms -- Russ Valentine "JMD01519" <JMD01519@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACF9C2B-6FAC-48F4-B...

Outlook Synchronization Questions
Forgive the low-level question here, but... Can someone give me a rundown on: 1. What synchronizes between Outlook and CRM 2. The purpose and process for going offline 3. What do BlackBerry users do? This information would really be helpful to me and thank you in advance. Ronnie Parisella rparisella@primarysupport.com What will sync between outlook and CRM is any data in CRM you have access to. For instance if you can only see data in your own business unit then that is all the data you will get. In outlook you click the go offline button and the first time you do it a lot of data wi...

outlook has encountered a problem
and cannot continue". I get this message after 1-5 minutes, usually when a message is open, but not always. then the program closes and immediately re-opens. It's Outlook 2002,svc pk 2 and completely updated. I''ve tried repair and reinstalled to no avail. Im using Imap with DSL. Any help will be greatly appreciated I have the identical problem with Outlook 2000 under Windows XP Professional. It works find on the XP Home machines, as well as the 98 machines. Are you noticing this on a Windows XP Pro machine? A response would be appreciated. >-----Original Messa...

Find (but not find)

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

Finding an event

cannot send or receive email #2
I get a "0x800ccc7D" error message and cannot send or receive email. Seems to be related to SSL conditioning? SBC says all my address information is correct and referred me to MSFT tech support. ...

how do i show figures as words?
I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a cell, and there was another cell which must have contained a formula to show that figure in words (eg. for writing a cheque), does anybody out there know how to do this? It's probably really simple!! Cheers Carolyn See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E0BBB2-F03E-4383-8BA1-3F0F40AA52AB@microsoft.com... > I'm sure I've seen a spreadsheet where a number was entered into a ce...