Finding "missing" Sent Mail

Hello...

My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about
consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes..   He now
can not find his saved Sent Mail....    Can you help?   Where did it go?

Thank you...

0
stan530 (9)

Hi Stan,

Perhaps he archived his email?  Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on.  If it is, this will show you the exact file the
items have been moved to.

Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface.  To do that, click on File > Open > Outlook Data File and navigate to the location of this file.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "Stan Rudnick" <stan@andrewslucia.com>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>Subject: Finding "missing" Sent Mail
>Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:48:27 GMT
>
>Hello...
>
>My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about
>consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes..   He now
>can not find his saved Sent Mail....    Can you help?   Where did it go?
>
>Thank you...

0
scatki (156)

Message Tracking missing messages
Running Exchange 2003. An user had some messages bounced back. Just to see if I saw anything relevant, I went into Message Tracking and pulled up all the messages that day by leaving the various fields (except for date and server) blank. Not all the messages that the user had sent was showing up. Anyone have any ideas why Message Tracking wasn't tracking all the messages? Richard Rosenheim Perhaps the user sent via a different (non-Exchange) SMTP server? -GT "Richard L Rosenheim" <richard@rlr.com> wrote in message news:eVOqg4nFFHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > ...

OWA 2003 missing autentication?
Hi, We use OWA 2003 (Whole front end-back end system is updraged from 2000) and Active Directory 2003. When I logging on OWA (with username and password). If I open new or old messages or do anything else, system is usually asking username and password again. Exchange default domain (in IIS settings) is our domain. Any tips? Thanks, -Marko ...

"FIND" bar is broken / missing
In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it made no difference. Any ideas? I used to use this feature a lot, so this is pretty frustrating. I would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thank you. RecoverfileinRecycleBinwhileinDOS@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > In IE8, when I click CTRL-F for the "Find on this page" bar, a BLANK bar > appears but no controls on it. I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled it, but it > made no difference. Any id...

missing msmone.exe required to open any dowmload
I had installed money98 (my OS is win98).when I try to download and then proceed to open any file (even if its not related to money) i get an error msg which says i'm missing msmoney.exe which is required to open this file. i searched sys for file..none. i was told to remove & reinstall money 98 as this may be a shared file. i can't even get a response of installation..help..help this is driving me crazy..how can i reinstall msmoney.exe if it's no where in my computer..????? If you don't have the original CD you used to install it, then I don't think you can....

PST missing and 1 to import
I backed up my pst file and reinstalled winXP (OE6) and went to paste old (5.mb) pst file over new one, but it's not there I cannot find a new pst file or even a destination folder. any ideas ?? Two things you need to know: 1. OE does not use a PST file. Outlook does. 2. If in fact you meant Outlook, never overwrite a PST file. Just configure Outlook to use your old one. It does not matter where you put the old PST. If you do not know how to configure Outlook to use a PST file, post your version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tim" <timbrechin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrot...

active x control missing (i think)
I get certain emails through outlook with attachments that require some kind of active x control. but these attachments dont play. i just get a static picture or a game that is disabled. please tell me what to do. thank you -- Colleen ...

Money 99 to 2001: Transfers Missing
I have been using Money 99. When I launched Money 2001, it offered to convert the database for me, but now the current value of the account listed on the summary page does not agree with the last value in the account details. Tracking down the source of the error, it appears to have dropped a couple of transfer transactions. One of the accounts involved in the transfer transactions was not even converted by Money 2001 (perhaps because it had a zero balance?). Anyone with any ideas? I've found that a similar problem was posted to this newsgroup three years ago and received no response,...

missing email #9
A strange situation has arisen where some e-mail has gone missing. We have an exchange 2003 server (part of a SBS2003 system) - fully service packed. I use Outlook 2003 to view my e-mail at the office. My wife uses a hotmail account. An e-mail sent to both of us arrived in my wife's hotmail account BUT NOT in my e-mail. She has attempted to foward the e-mail to me but again it does not show up in my inbox. I have tried the following to track down the problem: 1. We have forwarded the e-mail from her hotmail account to my own hotmail account - message received ok. 2. We h...

Finding Missing and duplicated Numbers
I have a table name a 15 name b 16 name c 18 There will be 80 names and 54 numbers (1 to 54). I need a formular that would search the list of numbers and report back any duplicate numbers and missing numbers. Is that possible? Hi, For duplicates see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx "Ujpest" wrote: > I have a table > > name a 15 > name b 16 > name c 18 > > There will be 80 names and 54 numbers (1 to 54). > > I need a formular that would search the list of number...

Handle missing values
Hi! I have a data set that sometimes contains missing values (#MISSING!). I want to make graphs of the data and I want the graph to just skip the missing values. How can I do that? Most thankful for any help! The cells say "#MISSING!"?? How unfortunate. Either delete all the #MISSING! entries in the table (to leave blank cells), replace them with #N/A! (works best for line and XY charts), or build a table linked to the first with formulas like =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA()) where NA() produces #N/A in the cells. Use this second table as the chart source data. - Jon ------- Jon P...

Rollup missing from add/remove program
Hi, Would anyone knows if there is any problem for the installed rollup1 and rollup2 not showing up in the add/remove program list and the registry? I have uninstalled an existing CRM system completly and reinstalled a fresh one. After the fresh installation, I have also installed teh rollup1 and rollup2. But I could not see the rollups in the add/ remove program list. I could not see the KB listed in the registry either. Any feedback will be appreciated. I know for a fact that you can not uninstall them, so that may be the reason. As far as the registry entries go, do you know w...

missing content in outlook email
Using outlook 2003 some messages come in empty. I use Norton antivirus, so unchecked the field for checking incoming mail. No change as yet. Any ideas? ken <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using outlook 2003 some messages come in empty. I use Norton > antivirus, so unchecked the field for checking incoming mail. No > change as yet. Any ideas? You may have to uninstall Norton and reinstall without the email integration in order to truly disable it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Insert As Link Missing
I have tried to show someone how to insert a file as a link, but can't get that option to show on their version of Outlook (2003 with all SP's). I have tried changing mail format to use Word as editor or just HTML and neither seems to work. What am I missing to have this option available? Thanks! In news:%23tc1RE6rGHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Karl Burrows <karlspam@spam.yourbeacon.com> typed: > I have tried to show someone how to insert a file as a link, but > can't get that option to show on their version of Outlook (2003 with > all SP's). I have ...

Missing Local Settings Folder
I recently installed the OEM version of XP Pro, and it seems just fine; however, I found an oddity. The app I'm running should have a folder like: C:\Documents and Settings\joe\Local Settings\Application Data\WSentinel\config.txt But it has no such path, except for C:\Documents and Settings\joe\ I only have a few apps installed at this point. SeaMonkey browser, Paint Shop Pro, and some accurate time apps, which are very small. Comments? W. eWatson wrote: > I recently installed the OEM version of XP Pro, and it seems just > fine; however, I found an oddity. &...

Emails going missing
I wonder if anyone can offer some advice. I have my btinternet account set up in windows mail, using windows vista home premium 2007. My emails appear to be working fine, but I am aware some emails have not come through where friends have been on copy and I have not seen. They forward them through to me okay when i realise, but some senders, even though I have sent emails to them okay, cannot send back to me, even when using the reply button. I have tried adding to safe senders list ? Do those unsuccessful senders get an error message or 'bounce' notice when they att...

Mailbox store missing from on-media catalog
Hi, Im trying to restore a mailbox from an older backup that was created using ntbackup 'full system backup' option. I assumed that the mailbox store would be a part of this catalog, but it is not listed. I do see the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr directory which has been backup up, but only the log files are shown within the MDBDATA folder where I am expecting to also see the .edb and ..stm files. Please advise charlie at im-design dot net In your backup routine you have to separately backup "Infomation Store". Charlie wrote: > Hi, > > Im trying to restore a ...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

missing files
in win 98 I get a message that says missing MPRAPI file- any suggestions? ...

Missing unopened mail notification in task bar
How does one restore the little envelope indicating unopened mail (Outlook) in the task bar? did you ever figure this one out? I have the exact same question. bob "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d101c3c892$5b1f1550$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How does one restore the little envelope indicating > unopened mail (Outlook) in the task bar? go to Tools, Options, Preferences, email options, advanced email options, put a check in th ebox in "show an envelope icon in the notification area" that should do it. bob "Pet...

Missing lines on a graphic problem.
Hello, a plea for help please. Using Excel 2002 on Windows XP, I've built a table of data and attempted a line graph. A couple of lines are drawn, but other lines only have the symbols drawn without the lines connecting them together. Please see http://www.bacchae.co.uk/images/tl-chart.gif for a screenshot. Any ideas please? Many thanks. ...

Setup has detected that product key is missing
After installing ACCPAC for Windows software my Outlook is suddenly giving me the message " Setup has detected that product key is missing or invalid" After which it takes me to a screen where the 25 key code is shown. However, I can still not access. Any suggestions ?? Thanks, SLC Try Microsoft PSS. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, SLC...

Exchange Tabs missing in AD console
The Active Directory Users and Computers management console is missing all the Exchange Tabs, even though the Adminpak Tools have all been installed. What could be missing ? I know other computers have the extra tabs. Thanks. has the ESM been installed? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JAQK" <johnny@tamtam.com> wrote in message news:ERacf.7993$Bx.5176@trnddc01... > The Active Directory Users and Computers management console is missing all > the Exchange Tabs, even though the Adminpak Tools have all been installed. > > What could be missing ? I know other computer...

how to restore missing graphics in Publisher templates?
My client is using the Publisher templates to create documents and now the template graphics do not display. Have tried Detect and Repair as well as repair installation. Any other suggestions appreciated. Do other pictures display in Publisher files? If they don't try go to menu VIEW > Pictures > Detailed Display "jellison" <jellison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16B84B2D-410E-4C69-A508-8693CD349AA1@microsoft.com... | My client is using the Publisher templates to create documents and now the | template graphics do not display. Have tried D...

Files and folders missing from desktop
Hi everyone, I have Vista Home Edition and recently saw most of my desktop folders and files disappear. I searched the recycle bin, checked hidden files, did a system restore to the previous day, and installed PC Tool's "File Recover" program and nothing helped. Before using the program, when I searched for a particular file, the error message said something like "cannot find source of file or it has been moved to another location." Ran program and it found over 16,000 deleted files. Was able to restore some of the lost files; however, most remain ...

OWA 2003 missing emails
Has anyone seen OWA 2003 drop emails when the user mailbox is full? I am seeing an issue where the message looks to be sent but does not go into the Sent Items nor does it actually get sent. No error messages to the user except the prompt right below the toolbar that the mailbox is full and they need to clean up. We do have a Storage limit warning a few megs before the Prohibit Send limit and I believe this is where the problem is comnig into play, but I can not be sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Does the problem go away if you remove the limit? Nue "high_fall"...