Finder vs.Outbak.dll -- 2

.... FINDER caused an invalid page fault in module OUTBAK.DLL at
018f:01a65468 Also, when the .psf backup dialog box runs, a dos window runs
in the background... Someone previously posted this - I have the same
issue.  Does anyone have a clue as to why this happens and how to correct
it?  Of course, there is nothing in the MS Lack of Knowledge Base!

forum (466)

WLM Storage Folder structure vs. Windows Explorer
There appears to be a disjoint between the WLM Storage Folders hierarchy and Windows Explorer. This is causing me some confusion - not least for backup purposes. It would seem that WLM folder names bear no relation to what is seen in Explorer and that the apparent nesting structure in WLM is not reflected in Explorer. Can anyone confirm this? Also it would appear inadvisable to MOVE a folder within WLM. Rather, the correct action should be CREATE a new folder then COPY the messages from old to new folder, (DELETING the old folder afterwards). The MOVE folder function act...

OnInitDialog() in VS 2005
Hi, In VS 2005, I want to add a function OnInitDialog() to handle WM_INITDIALOG for a dialog. When I check the dialog's property, WM_INITDIALOG is missing from the message list while many other messages (e.g. WM_CLOSE) that were in VC++ 6.0 are still existent. Do we not do OnInitDialog() anymore in VS 2005? The online help still mentions WM_INITDIALOG. Your help is appreciated. JD Are you looking at the properties for a dialog template, or are you looking at your CDialog-derived class? "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ob3FLfP6HHA.536...

COleClientItem::CreateFromFile problem in a MFC DLL
Hi. I'm trying to launch an editor via OLE for a document I have. I'm launching this from a Java applet that calls into my MFC dll via JNI. The code I'm using to launch the editor is this: COleDocument* pDoc = new COleDocument; CMyOleClientItem* pItem; pItem = new CMyOleClientItem(pDoc); result = pItem->CreateFromFile(tmpfile, CLSID_MyServer, OLERENDER_NONE); result = pItem->DoVerb(OLEIVERB_PRIMARY, NULL); This code works nicely within a MFC dialog application, but not when called from my DLL. The pItem->CreateFromFile method fails. I can see that the API call to :...

single vs. multiple databases
I have a new client with multiple plant locations. We are discussing whether or not to create multiple company databases for each location. In our discovery we are leaning toward creating one database with a company segment in the chart of accounts, and using Interfund Management to create intracompany due to/due from entries. Does anyone have experience processing multiple entities in a single database? Are there any pros or cons to this type of processing? Mike, there is a whitepaper on PartnerSource that might help: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/documentation/whitepaper...

Calendar exchange notes/domino vs outlook/exchange
Does anyone know about a solution to exchange calendar (not only free/busy - the real calendar items) between outlook and notes calendar ...

Advantage of COM over regular DLL ?
What are the advantages of the Component Object Model over a regular DLL for a local machine process? As I see it the big advantage to COM is that you can use it for different languages and within applications. You can do this somewhat with regular DLLs, but it's a lot more trouble. Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:o8ePg.12775$Tl4.6722@dukeread06... > What are the advantages of the Component Object Model over a regular DLL > for a local machine process? > Can you elaborate the kinds of differences? "Tom Serface&q...

Range Finders
I wanted to show a new user how to review her formulas using the range finders that are displayed when you double- click in a cell containing a formula. In her PC the range finders won't activiate. Can you tell me where the setting is that turns this feature on? (It is definitely something in her Excel app becasue the same spreadsheet returns the range finders on my PC) Thank you I think that you have Tools|options|edit tab|"Edit directly in the cell" enabled. and your new user pal doesn't. But she (or you) could just select the cell and click in the formula bar to...

XP Icons in VS 2002
Similar question to an earlier post, but we have moved on... How can we open XP icons in Visual Studio. There are some sample XP icons here: http://www.icongalore.com/download/xp-icons.zip However if we try to open any of the 32bit icons in Visual Studio, they have a solid black border and any drop shadows also appear solid black. The icons look great in Windows Explorer, so what is the point of creating fancy XP icons, if we can't open them in the development environment! HELP! "GT" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4524e72b$0$6584$9a6e19ea@unlimite...

When to save document to *.docx vs. *.docm
My understanding is the intent of these extensions is: - "docx" is for documents that do NOT have macros - "docm" is for documents that DO have macros But what if the document's attached template contains the macros, and the document itself doesn't? We use a versioned template for our documentation that contains all our VBA macros for doc automation (e.g. "CoprorateTemplate.docm"). Is it ok to save the document as a *.docx? (e.g., "document.docx"), if the document itself contains no macros? Word allows this, but I&...

Statistics on the popularity of Workgroups vs. Active Directory
Hi All, I am looking for statistics on the use of Workgroups vs. Active Directory. The licensing model for our product depends upon whether the client is a member of an Active Directory Domain. Supporting Workgroups may be problematic for us in the future, so we are wondering if there are numbers somewhere that might help us asses the impact of our decision. Cheers, Geoff Hello GLT101, Do you like to manage on each machine the same local user accounts and passwords for shared folder access? Each time on one machine it is changed, for full access you have to change it ...

MFC vs. .net for desktop application
I need some advice for choosing the best language/IDE for a new desktop application. I've narrowed the choice down to VC++ MFC vs .net (any language) I realize this news group will be biased towards MFC, but I also expect readers here will know MFC well. (suggestions for equivalent .net newsgroup welcome) Some specifics of this project are: + For windows 98 to XP + To be released in March 2004 + More user interface intensive than computationally intensive + User interface to include: - Strip of shortcut buttons/icons down the left, similar to Outlook - Tabbed pages ...

Calling a DLL
Hi All, I'm trying to call a dll from within Excel 2000. This is what I�m doing:in cell B1 I include this code: =CALL("MyDll";"Mult";"JJJ!";C1;D1) in C1 and C2 there are any integers. what I get is the FALSE word in cell B1. Inside the DLL there is only one function (Mult) that multiplies two integers and returns another integer. It works ok out of excel.Any comments are welcome.Augusto. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213554 may have some useful information. Your DLL must use _stdcall calling convention, or you cannot use it. ...

What is the Range Finder?
In a practice test in a MS Excel class, I was asked to use the Range Finder to determine if the formula was correct for a certain cell. What is "Range Finder"? You should post this in the Excel newsgroups. This is the Publisher newsgroup. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cherberries" <cherberries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178E4379-9263-4CF1-809C-9B0DDBD5BBE3@microsoft.com... > In a practice test in a MS Excel cl...

XP styles and Unicode in VS 2005
I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. My projects are not UNICODE. In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP styles. Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005? "BobbyJones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B263D28-F094-4C1F-BAB5-A35DDD86FAF3@microsoft.com... >I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. > My projects are not UNICODE. > In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. > I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not...

which better: Frequency vs Histogram
I read "Explore Histograms" in http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011109481033.aspx and found it educational. However, I can't see a difference in output between using a Histogram and using the Frequency function. Can anybody share the pros and cons of each? I think you have missed the point. The article says that the table produced by the ATP histogram tool is exactly the same as the table (with same bin definitions) produced by the FREQUENCY function. The difference is not in the values calculated, but in the fact that the histogram table is a static t...

Can't find msnp 32.dll file
WHEN I LOG ON I GET A DIALOG BOX STATING "UNABLE TO LOAD THE DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY "MSNP 32.DLL" THE SYSTEM CAN'T FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED. SOME OR ALL OF THE FOWLING FEATURES IS NOT AVAILABLE. MICROSOFT NETWORK ...

Leads and B2C vs. B2B
I'm still trying to understand the basic flow of states between leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities. We are in a direct relations with our customers and _we_ call potential clients. So leads make no sense for us, so I guess we have to start directly with accounts. Is that correct? I am also correct to assume that a client should be a contact in a B2C relation and an account in a B2B relation? Lastly, if we are in a B2C relation, we can't really use leads, which require a Company field, can we? Or am I completely misunderstanding the logic of the application? Leads a...

CListCtrl update model: invalidate/update vs immediate
Hi, I was wondering, why does this control (or controls in general) update itself immediately instead of in the update/'onpaint' handler? All kinds of 'stupid' setredraw magic appears to be needed sometimes due to this. The update is happening in the WM_PAINT handler. When you add a new item, or change an item in a listctrl it will send a WM_PAINT message to itself. AliR. "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message news:%23rV%23r6xLFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering, why does this control (or controls in ge...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

Float Menu Excel 2003 vs 2007
Hi All In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics. When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007 the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ? As always any help will be much appreciated. This is my code: Regular module: Sub Float_Menu_help() Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu Dim c 'remove custom menu if it exists Delete_HelpMenu 'create new menu and display it Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _ T...

Finder vs. Outbak.dll
FINDER caused an invalid page fault in module OUTBAK.DLL at 018f:01a65468 Also the when .psf backup dialog box runs a dos window runs in the background - normal? Anyone got any ideas as to why this happens? OS: 98SE Office 2000 ...

Folder redirection vs roaming profiles...
Hi, I've been trying to read about these features as we're soon to migrate oour 60 users to new win2008r2 servers. Currently with w2003r2 the users are set to roaming profiles and login times varies from acceptable to totally unacceptable :-) In addidion their home folders are '..Made available Offline'. I consider using redirected folders for all user data which need to be backed up when moving everything over to the new servers. How ever I'm not sure that I completely understand the concept of redirected folders compared to roaming profiles together...

Invalidate .vs. Refresh
When creating my own classes derived from Control, when you change some aspects of the object at design time, you need to get the overridden OnPaint method called to reflect the visual changes in the designer. For example, changing a property, in the designer, that alters a color. I have been using the Invalidate method to cause a repaint in design mode but Refresh works as well. Is there any practical advantage of using one over the other? Oz -- A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: W...

The Add-in "FaxExtension" (C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll) cann.
I upgraded to outlook 2007 and when I hit reply on an email I get this message, The Add-in "FaxExtension" (C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update . If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in. OK I went in the trust center to uninstall the add-in but faxextension does not appear. How can i fix this. sotavento524 <sotavento524@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I upgraded to outlook 2007 and when I hit reply on an email I get this > message, The Ad...

Day finder
I AM TRYING TO FIND A DATE 180 DAYS IN THE PAST. CAN THIS BE DONE? AIRITA <AIRITA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I AM TRYING TO FIND A DATE 180 DAYS IN THE PAST. CAN THIS BE DONE? Use "180 days ago" in the Go To Date field. -- Brian Tillman ...