Find the Rule that caused a specific message to be moved to a folder.

I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's
recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder.

I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there.

How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it?

TIA
0
nomail174 (5)

You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is
sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder.  Often, it is a simple
phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject.  E.g., if you
have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has
a freeserve.uk address, Outlook will send the mail to the junk mail folder.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Tom D asked:

| I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's
| recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder.
|
| I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there.
|
| How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it?
|
| TIA

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
10/24/2004 5:29:42 PM
Milly,

I figured I might have to take that path, but hoped that there would
be a more elegant way to do it.

I created a great many rules after I  had applied for prescription
drug prices at some Canadian pharmacies ... right after that, I had a
ton of Spam barreling in here from just about every country on the
planet ...

Thanks for your help ...

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:29:42 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote:

>You will have to go through your rules one by one to find the one that is
>sending the friend's mail to the Junk Mail folder.  Often, it is a simple
>phrase that your friend may have in the address or subject.  E.g., if you
>have your mail send all mail with the word "free" in it, and your friend has
>a freeserve.uk address, Outlook will send the mail to the junk mail folder.
>
>--?
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After furious head scratching, Tom D asked:
>
>| I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's
>| recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder.
>|
>| I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there.
>|
>| How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it?
>|
>| TIA

0
nomail174 (5)
10/24/2004 6:19:00 PM
Which version of outlook do you use?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Tom D" <nomail@noplace.com> wrote in message
> I've just become totally embarrassed by finding a set of a friend's
> recent messages in my "Junk Mail" folder.
>
> I'm sure that one of my many "Rules" put it there.
>
> How do I identify which Rule it was, so I can eliminate or alter it?
>
> TIA

0
dianenws (1904)
10/24/2004 9:39:50 PM
Sorry Diane ... this message got somwhow lost in the list until today.

If you're still out there ... I'm using Outlook 2002.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:39:50 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote:

>Which version of outlook do you use?

0
nomail174 (5)
11/20/2004 11:27:49 PM
Simple, take one of your buddies "junked" mails, mark it as read and move it
to inbox.
mark it as unread now.
Now go to rules, and run each rule using the "run rules now" button, let the
rules run for about a second each, eventaully you will run the rule that
killed your buddies mail, since you can see your inbox in the background. No
need to analyse each rule.

easy really.

"Tom D" wrote:

> Sorry Diane ... this message got somwhow lost in the list until today.
>
> If you're still out there ... I'm using Outlook 2002.
>

> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:39:50 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote:
>
> >Which version of outlook do you use?

unable to poll for new messages.......
anyone know what to do w/ theses errors? Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp' , Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'pop- server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 ...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

System Administrator messages and OL rules
Hi All I use Exch 5.5. SP4 and OL 2000 clients. Exchange issues a warning when user mailbox reaches a 50 MB limit. I am concerned that users might not see the administrative message sent to them if they set rules on the OL 2000 client that move incoming messages to other folders or deletes them. I have done some trials and it looks like OL message rules do not apply to messages sent by System Administrator (i.e. the only way to move/delete them is to manually do it) Can you confirm that this is a built-in feature of OL 2000 or could the users find a way to get rid of the administrative me...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

setting the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders? For the moment the View settings apply to a particular folder and I have = to set them manually in every folder. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <...

With MSMQ use the formatter only in the message level
I use msmq with BinaryMessageFormatter. I usually set the formatter as follows in the queue level. UDP_Dll_Que.Formatter = new BinaryMessageFormatter(); Since I want to use the same queue for more than one kind of messages, I would like to use the formatter only in the message level before sending, as follows System.Messaging.Message MsmqMessageObject = new System.Messaging.Message(MessageObject, new BinaryMessageFormatter()); And in the event callback method, in a similar way. Would it work? Regards Gomez ...

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Find (but not find)

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

message with RTF in outbox disables rich text control?
i develop a VAR application that sends emails on behalf of the user (using outlook automation usually via outlook redemption). An increasing number of customers are coming up with an error (0x8000405 unspecified error) when same program tries to instantiate a richtext object while emails are still in the outbox (or in drafts folder). Or at least that is my initial diagnosis. The richtext component seems fine. It was used to create the message body of the original email and that email is sent ok. Subsequent attempts to use the richtext control will work once the outbox is ...

Finding an event

cannot find database

Trouble with Rule Wizard
I don't know if anyone has have this problemm. But here is goes. I've set up a rule with Rule Wizard. The rule works the first time but when I go to run the rule again it does not work. When am I doing wrong. It runs the first time but no other after that. I got the rule searching for a specific name in the subject and its there..it should forward over to that person. But it only forwards over the first time not everytime. Please help with any suggestion ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages d...

Deleting Spam folder
Hi, is there a way to have MS Outlook 2002 automatically empty my "Spam" folder into my "Deleted Items" folder after it gets filled with an X amount of spam emails? Gordy Gordon Byrne <gordyjb@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, is there a way to have MS Outlook 2002 automatically empty my > "Spam" folder into my "Deleted Items" folder after it gets filled > with an X amount of spam emails? Outlook 2002 by itself doesn't have a "Spam" folder. If you see one, it's because either you have rules moving the messages there or y...

Permitting relaying to specific domain
Platform: Windows 2003, Exchange 2000 sp2. I'm working with two e-mail domains in my exchange server, with the primary e-mail address @yyyy.com, I can send/recieve e-mail using pop3, but I'm not able to do the same with the second e-mail address @xxxx.com, with this address I just can recieve e-mail, but when I try to send I recieve the relay error 550. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You. Create connector for that domain and in Address Space tab set "Allow messages to be relayed to this domains". javier wrote: > Platform: > > Windows 2003, Exchang...

How do you edit the default "over quota" message in Exchange 2003
For an Exchange 2003 system, how do you edit the default "over size limit" message that is sent to an Exchange user who is over the specified mailbox limit? (see below for example) I've been digging around in the Exchange System Manager, and can't find where you can customize this message. Any ideas? Raleigh -- Raleigh Moody Network Engineer California Western School of Law San Diego, CA remove the xxx From: System Administrator Subject: Your mailbox is over its size limit Importance: High Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Set Recurring Message?
Is there a way to set up an automatically recurring message? We'd like to send a reminder every two weeks to all supervisors that timesheets are due. I tried using a recurring Task, but that does not send out a recurring reminder. Thank you. You can do this with an add-in From Sperry Software http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount From MAPILab http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/ If you decide to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Exch 2003 Public Folder Problem
I have an xcng 2003 mixed environment with Exchange 5.5. I have some PF's that are not receiving email from internal sources, but they can receive email from the internet. I don't see anything in the queues. I don't get any Delivery errors. Nothing. What can cause this behavior? Have u set up replication of the PF to the Exchange 2003 server? Can Exchange 5.5 users post? "Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077c01c4d9ba$4d9dfb00$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have an xcng 2003 mixed environment with Exchange 5.5. > > I have...