Find Message that was auto-archived

Hello,

How can I find a message that I sent a year ago and has been auto-archived.

Thanks in advance.

JP

jfp2@verizon.net

0
mag88 (4)

open the archive.pst using file, open, outlook data file and use advanced
find to search the archive pst.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"JP" <mag88@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How can I find a message that I sent a year ago and has been
auto-archived.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> JP
>
> jfp2@verizon.net

0
dianenws (1904)
12/2/2003 2:26:13 PM
Thanks...

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> open the archive.pst using file, open, outlook data file and use advanced
> find to search the archive pst.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "JP" <mag88@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > How can I find a message that I sent a year ago and has been
> auto-archived.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > JP
> >
> > jfp2@verizon.net

0
mag88 (4)

Messages Not Going To InBox
I'm using Outlook 2007 (which I upgraded from Office 2003) which I've been using for six months. Suddenly the last couple days I noticed that I didn't seem to have any new messages in my inbox. I logged into my Comcast email through the web mail interface and saw that I had about ten messages in my inbox and when I logged out and started Outlook and send receive finished I still did not have any new messages in my inbox. I tried logging back into the web mail and all the messages were gone. I realize that the default pst file format only supports up to a certain ...

exchange 5.5 mailbox limits exceed message.
I have a mailbox that is recieving limit warnings. I look at it through the Exchange Administrator and it is over the limits. However when io log on to the mailbox it shows that it is well under the limits. I have checked all of the folders and I can not see what the problem is. Anyone have any idieas? Thanks. look to see if they have journaling turned on, a lot of times users click on journal and accept outlook to track EVERYTHING with outlook, you'll know if you go into users mailbox and click journal.. you have to check this with their profile thought, not yours. AL I check and...

I get 2 message boxes
Hi I have the following code which runs when I open a second form... it works great but unfortunately I get a second system message box as well as my own custom box what have I missed out? can anyone help many thanks in advance : Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "There are no records to display." End If End Sub What system message are you getting? What version of Access are you using? "Dic_nutana" <Dicnutana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C862326-FCDF-45C8-BEFB-7333227C61B...

automatic vacation message
Can you configure Outlook so that it automatically sends out a message you have created to inform persons sending you email that you are on vacation until a certain date. If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm for help. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196718 - it explains how to set up a template so that autoreply fires only onc...

Outlook error message #15
I get an error message when replying or forwarding a message in outlook. "Outlook has caused an error in <unknown> Outlook will now close." Has anyone seen this before and if so how did they fix it? I have removed outlook from the computer and reinstalled and the problem still exists. Thanks ...

changed from express to office. can't find second email account!
We changed from Express to Office and now my email looks very different. I am having no problem with that, but my husband has a second email address. In Express we just clicked on "switch identities" to get his mail. Now we can't figure that out. Thanks for any help. In news:19A664BE-931F-4865-B653-BF18E267F334@microsoft.com, kathyandjim <kathyandjim@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We changed from Express to Office .....Outlook, I think you mean :) > and now my email looks very > different. I am having no problem with that, but my husband has a &g...

keyboard messages in Modal dialog box
I know andI have used pretranslate() but I want keyboard messages in Modal dialog box without creating any control on the Modeless dialog box so how i can get the keyboard message. "kotakmayurr@gmail.com" wrote: > I know andI have used pretranslate() but I want keyboard messages in > Modal dialog box without creating any control on the Modeless dialog > box so how i can get the keyboard message. The question is a bit confusing... ? You should use CWnd::PreTranslateMessage BOOL CMyDlg::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) { if (pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN) { ...

Finding the biggest number out of 8 variables
Hi All Does anybody know of an easy way to find out which variable has the highest value out of 8 variables? For example, I have these values in 8 vars: 3 0 7 30 37 17 0 7 Although from a human's perspective it's easy to see that the 5th var has the highest value, how can I chose the appriopriate var programmatically? Thanks There are many solutions. You could put the values into an array and pass the array to a QuickSort routine. The QuickSort algorithm is difficult to understand, but you really don't need to know how it works. See: http://vbnet.mvp...

Cashier Message
Just wondering if it is possible to create a message that will appear on screen before a transaction is completed as a reminder to the cashier. Any suggestions? -- Reynold Cycle A custom dll could be created based on the PostTransaction hook. This will require programming knowledge. Talk with your RMS Partner. Rob "Jose" <Jose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D7B61BD-E3F7-45F0-8875-7301F292DE84@microsoft.com... > Just wondering if it is possible to create a message that will appear on > screen before a transaction is completed as a reminder to th...

Drag n drop FoxPro table to create XSD file
Hi All, Getting error message: "The following unexpected error has occurred: There were errors dropping "acctrecv" onto the designer. The XML Schema could not be interpreted from this object." when I am trying to create Strongly Typed Dataset from Visual FoxPro table. Does anybody know how to fix a problem? I only found to use CursorToXML vfp command to go around a problem. Is it possible to fix a problem in Visual Studio? Thanks, Alex ...

find microsoft.public.mac.office at www.ugroups.com
This is a monthly reminder that via the web you can easily access microsoft.public.mac.office without a newsreader at http://www.ugroups.com/Computers/viewforum.php?f=34 This message from www.ugroups.com is intended for those who might be interested in free web based access to the newsgroups. Please add to your kill file to avoid future inconvenience. Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

Finding smallest value after certain value in an unsorted range
Hi there, Appreciate any help that's formula based - I can't use VBA - for 2003. I've got a range of data between B10 and B253 (with equivalent dates in A10 to A253). I have a year in B255 and month in B256. In cell B259 I have a formula that finds the largest number after the given date in cells B255 and B256. In cell B260 I would like to find the smallest number after the date in cells B255 and B256 AND AFTER the largest number as found in cell B259. My formula below does the first condition but not the second. Could anyone ammend it to ensure that the numb...

Where is the 'Large Messages Folder' on the Exchange 2000 Server?
Our organisation runs an email system based on Exchange 2000 servers, with the workstations running Outlook 2000. Several days ago, when logging on to her Windows 2000 desktop she received a message along the lines of 'the new messages have been moved to a large message folder either synch or go online'. I looked into this and there is an option within Outlook 2000 to not automatically download emails over 50KB in size, and that these mails would be re-directed to a 'large messages folder on the server'. Presumably this is to increase synchronization speeds when remotely dialli...

Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes
Hi there, Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created? Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000 server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment). Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form). Thanks! Uri. ...

finding a cell from numerical coordinates
I am given coordinates like 10,100 and 125,200 - is there a way to tell Excel to find the corresponding cell? Can I change the top row letters to numbers? On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:38:01 -0700, Chip <Chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I am given coordinates like 10,100 and 125,200 - is there a way to tell Excel >to find the corresponding cell? Can I change the top row letters to numbers? Try this =OFFSET(A1, 10-1, 100-1) and =OFFSET(A1, 125-1, 200-1) or, in general =OFFSET(A1, x-1, y-1) where x and y are your coordinates. Hope this helps / Lars-�ke Hi, Ch...

Message Box
Below is my message box. I want the 2 sentances to be on 2 separate lines. How to I get a return key inbetween them to do that? MsgBox ("IF IMPORT WAS SUCCESSFUL click 'MOVE RECORD LIST TO DRIVER LIST' to finish the import. IF THE RECORDS DID NOT IMPORT CORRECTLY click 'CANCEL IMPORT' and start over.") Try this. Note that Excel might use 2 lines for either sentence, but it will definitely start a new line for the second sentence. Note that I removed the parentheses. HTH Otto MsgBox "IF IMPORT WAS SUCCESSFUL click 'MOVE RECORD L...

where do I find DATA1.msl for outlook 2000?
I went from microsoft 98 and updated it to microsoft xp pro, know when I try to open my email it comes up with an error stating that I need to input the file DATA1.MSL. Snowflake1027 <Snowflake1027@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I went from microsoft 98 and updated it to microsoft xp pro, know > when I try to open my email it comes up with an error stating that I > need to input the file DATA1.MSL. That's "data1.msi" and it will be on your Office CD. -- Brian Tillman ...

new message not blank
Hi there, I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Everytime I launch a new mail message, instead of a blank message, there is a copy of an email that I had sent a day or two ago. I assume that somehow I edited the default mail message form but i can't seem to edit the default form to remove it. thanks, Kevin Forbes If you are using Word for your message editor, close Outlook/Word, find and rename normal.dot to .old. When you open Word, a new normal.dot will be created. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert la...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

Signature not in message when using scan to email
Hi everyone! We're using Outlook 2007. When we use the "scan to email" function on our network printer, it brings up a new message in Outlook with the scanned image attached which is great, but the message does not have the default signature in it. When we try to add a signature it does not include the company jpeg and the font is changed to an old school computer font. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! -- fuzeillear See the answer you got in outlook.general For future reference; next time crosspost instead of multipost. This means that you'l...

How to eliminate the Alert message in Excel Logaritmic Chart
I'm working with Scatter Charts in logaritmic scale, and there is a message that come out all the time saying that cero or negative values cannot be plotted ... etc... I want to eliminate this message in order to work more continuesly: how can I do it? Hi, You can not turn the warning off. Cheers Andy Aldo Del Monte wrote: > I'm working with Scatter Charts in logaritmic scale, and there is a message > that come out all the time saying that cero or negative values cannot be > plotted ... etc... > I want to eliminate this message in order to work more continuesly: ho...

Exchange 2003 Pulling email w\ Message ID
In Exchange System Manger using the Message Tracking Center, Can I take a Message ID and forward it to a admin box or view that email with out the enduser knowing? Thanks Message Tracking center views message details based on the Tracking logs. It does not do anything with the actual e-mail itself. You won't be able to Forward e-mails from within the Message Tracking Center. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <blusporttrac@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1116435668.256624.309650@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > In Exchange System Manger using the Message Trac...

How to find out Turning Points?
How could we find out the "turning points" in a series of numbers with sorted date? There are maybe many turning points and I don't want to see the chart to find out those points but from those numbers. Anyone know how to do that? I am not sure what you are trying to achieve by looking for "turnin points" in sorted data. I associate turning points with cusums (cumulative sums) where a chang in the direction of the trend indicates a shift in the results. In thi case finding a turning point is straightforward using a helper colum that looks for max and min values rel...

Insert Picture in HTML Message
Hi, I use Outlook 2000 on a WIN2K PC with Exchange 2000. I'm having trouble inserting pictures (Insert > Picture) in HTML formatted e-mail messages. When I try to insert a picture from a URL, clicking on OK results in no response - the dialog box stays open. When I insert a JPG from my PC, I get the following error: "An error has occurred in this dialog Error 195: 'undefined' is null or not an object" I'd be grateful for assistance. Thank you! Louise ...

OE shuts down during "find message"
I have tried reinstalling the program to solve this and it doesn'thelp. Every time I go into "find message" for a message search, I get this error message: AppName: msimn.exe / AppVer: 6.0.2800.123 / ModName: directdb.dll / Offset: 0000556c / and Express shuts down. Please advise. "R. Visser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:427f01c42b66$a0f7f600$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have tried reinstalling the program to solve this and it > doesn'thelp. Every time I go into "find message" for a > message search, I g...