Filtering Tasks in Outlook 2002 (10.2627.3501) SP-1

I've attempted to a apply a simple filter to my task list
without any success.

I have tasks on my list that are due yesterday, today and
tomorrow.

View > Go To > Tasks
View > Current View > Customize Current View...

In the View Summary dialogue box I click on Automatic
Formatting...

In the Automatic Formatting dialogue box I click on Add.

Under Properties of Selected Rule:
- I type "Today's tasks" in the Name field.
- I click the Font... button and select bold, green and
click OK.
- I click the Condition... button and select "due"
and "today" from the two Time drop-down boxes at the
bottom of the Filter dialogue box.

I click OK in the Filter dialogue box.

I click OK in the Automatic Formatting dialogue box.

I click OK in the View Summary dialogue box.

.... nothing happens.

If I go back and change the settings in the filter
to "due" and "anytime", all my tasks turn bold, green.

I've tried several different settings, some work, others
don't.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

John

0
anonymous (74719)

Outlook error #41
When I try to start Outlook, I get the following "The application failed to initialize properly (0xC0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application. How do I correct this? Hi Leon, please read this information from MS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817117 or this one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;822520 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Leon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag...

MSDN D/L of CRM 1.0
OK, got this installed, presume somewhere I can get a license key so I can actually evealuate this, but where? ...

Windows XP and Office 97 Outlook
I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? Outlook 97 should work the same way it worked under your old operating system... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Danny Chamrad" <djc2@tisd.net> wrote in message news:0f6b01c358fb$c0790ca0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP and my old Office 97 suite. How do I > configure Outlook 97 to work with XP? > > ...

Outlook 2003 will not close
I have Outlook 2003. When I open Outlook, select send and receive my dial up connection loads. After downloading of mail is complete the dial up hangs up. If I close Outlook the icon still stays on the task bar by the clock. If I try to open Outlook again it won't. How do I close Outlook. Need help thanks On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 06:48:26 -0800, "Terry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> said dis: > If I >try to open Outlook again it won't. How do I close >Outlook. This may help.: From 'Woody's Office Watch' e-letter: <begin quote> ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Re: Outlook 2007
I sent this 3/4 days ago but can not see it in the group. In addition after this each time I go into news groups the name of the group turns red in color?? Can not figure what this change in color means. > Each time I start Outlook jumps a message: "A data file did not close > properly > last time it was used. It will be checked.... bla, bla, bla..." > Vista ultimate, Dell computer. Could one do something?? Regards Ted > > A minute later comes up an other message that the file was checked. > Red means a subject you're following has been resp...

Outlook 2003 rules #9
I have 2 rules set up in Outlook 2003. One is to move the emials with large attachments to Large Email folder, and the second rule is to move emails from internal staff to Internal Email folder. Now when I receive an email with a large attachment from an internal staff, it appears in both Large Email and Internal Email folders. How can I make it not proceed to the second rule when the first rule already applies? Add "stop processing more rules" to the first rule. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply onl...

Employee Filters

Outlook 2002 problem
Tried to do all of the hotfix updates for windows 2000 and now outlook 2002 will not load. It just hangs. I uninstalled all of the hotfixes, installed sp4 and unistalled office 2002 and reinstalled. Outlook still hangs. All other office apps work fine. Please email me if you have any suggestgions. Thanks You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlook can't use it at startup to build your toolbars, thus causing the hangups. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed...

Windows 7/Outlook/SBS2003 crashing issue
I have a client with a new Windows 7 laptop. Added it to his SBS2003 domain via http://servername/connectcomputer, all seemed to work as normal. Installed Office 2007 and SP2, setup Outlook for him, added his extra mailboxes, all looked fine. After the weekend, he came in and was unable to open Outlook, it crashed with an uninformative error. I narrowed the issue down to communication with the server : with a clean Outlook profile, as soon as I put in a server name and clicked Check Name, Outlook would crash. Resolved this temporarily by doing a system restore back to before...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

"Outlook today" format (2002)
Outlook today, shows me the current date, but not the day. It then proceeds to show my appointments as days, but not dates. I find it hard to correlate the two sometimes because of this fact. Now I know I should know what day it is! But the display isn't as intuitive as it should be. Is there any way to change it? ...

phatom message in Outlook 2003 #2
for some reason outlook 2003 keeps showing 1 message inbox in the all mail folders section when there isn't one. can I clear this --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080203-0, 02/03/2008 Tested on: 2/5/2008 10:18:58 AM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Outlook 2000 freezing with SBS 2003
Hi, I just upgraded a network from Small Business server 4.5 to Small Business Server 2003. Everything seemed to be running ok, but people running Windows 98 with Outlook 2000 now report intermittant freeze ups. Outlook will hang after startup - sometimes after waiting for 5 minutes it will begin to work again, sometimes not. Users running Windows XP with Outlook XP or Outlook 2003 do not see any problems. There are no errors in the server's application logs. I have applied all the Win98 updates, as well as the Office 2000 patches. Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks J...

customize outlook
the customize outlook today feature is not working. nothing happens when i click on it. can anyone give me an idea what to do? thanks OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer james <mrmax@cableone.net> asked: | the customize outlook today feature is not working. | nothing happens when i click on it. ...

Inter-Org Migration, Outlook Profiles
Hi, I'm trying to come up with an elegant solution for modifying Outlook profiles given the following migration strategy: - Migrating from Forest A (Win2000) / Exchange Org A (Ex2000) to Forest B (Win2003) / Exchange Org B (Ex2003) - Two one-way trusts between forests - Mail data migrated with Exchange Migration Wizard (mailmig) using clone mode - All user accounts are already in Forest B (migrated w/SIDHistory using ADMT) and accessing their Org A mailboxes We have tested the actual mail migration, and it works well. I'm now looking at the cutover process (we're doing a ...

template with name-inputfield. Outlook 2000
I am sending the same message for many customers, and the only difference is the name. But the name is written several times in the message. Is it possible to make a template or anything like that, so I only have to change the name once, and then it changes for the whole document? This sounds like a good task for a Word mail merge. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "alko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Outlook Won't Resize
Hello, I have this problem with outlook express. For one of my email account, the outlook window can not be re-sized. I can click on the minimize button, but it won't do anything. Please help. Thanks. Eric This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=mi...

Sales for Outlook installation
I am getting the error on several versions of Outlook "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components". I have tried on PCs running Office 2000 and Office XP with the same result. Here are the details of the installation: server has host name mscrm; is entered in DNS with same correct name --have tried in URL mscrm.xxx.com, crm alias to mscrm, the IP address, with/without http:// in front of it I verified on the CRM server itself that it is an AD member, is running the Indexing service, Message Queuing, and the CRM Security service. In fact, ...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

outlook address book is not auto filling in address
outlook address book is not auto filling in address I just installed XP and Office 2002 XP and I see that my outlook address book is not filling in address in my old version each time I typed in a address outlook added it to the address book ...

GP 10.0 64 bit
We currently run GP 9 with our data in a SQL 2000 server (Win 2003 R2 OS) Our VAR has set up an installation of SQL 2005 64-bit, transferred our company data and installed GP 10 (Win 2003 R2 64 bit OS). The SQL server seems to run fine. I have run several test scripts. No problems. The GP 10 install has some issues. I am receiving errors such as "Sales Module not installed". Our VAR is saying there are issues with the 64 bit install and we will have to go to 32bit. I am wondering: 1. Is there a KB article out there on this? (I have searched). 2. Has anyone else had positi...