filtering out "temporary internet files" from journal

Hi.
I like logging the word documents I work on in my
journal.  However, word documents that I open as e-mail
attachments also record in the journal (those that get
filed in my "temporary internet files."  I'd like those
Word attachments NOT to be logged in my journal.  I know
there is a filter in viewing the journal.  I would like a
way to filter out those word documents from the "temporary
internet files" folder.
Thanks.
Michelle

OLK# folder in Temporary Internet Files
How can one view the OLK# folder (%drive%:\Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local > Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK#\ ) that contains the files created when opening an attachment from Outlook? I can view it with a DIR command from the command prompt but I would like to be able to do this from Windows Explorer. Explorer is configured to show hidden and system files/folders. I also know that I can change the location where Outlook creates these files but I would prefer not to have to do this. Thanks Chuck It's hidden because of the ini file in the folder. If you have an ol...

filtering out "temporary internet files" from journal
Hi. I like logging the word documents I work on in my journal. However, word documents that I open as e-mail attachments also record in the journal (those that get filed in my "temporary internet files." I'd like those Word attachments NOT to be logged in my journal. I know there is a filter in viewing the journal. I would like a way to filter out those word documents from the "temporary internet files" folder. Thanks. Michelle ...

IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.
I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I do this? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Does each user have their own Windows User Account/Profile? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Mick wrote: > I would like to set the default amount of disk spa...

OT: Temporary internet files.
I know this is off topic. I tried to find an internet explorer newsgroup. There are huge number of explorer newsgroups, each with about 10 posts. I'm hoping someone can answer my question here. ---------- I have discovered that I have a zillion files in the following location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.ie5 NOTE: You have to use the command prompt to see the files. I use commands like: dir /ad to see some crazy directory names. Then I cd to those directories. Then I type "dir" to see the files. Can I delete these files? Th...

Getting the Internet Cache (Temporary Internet Files) folder in MFC
Hi guys! Is there any way I could get the Internet Cache folder also known as the Temporary Internet Files folder from Visual C++/MFC ??? Regards, Mystique Sure. Try SHGetSpecialFolderLocation with CSIDL_INTERNET_CACHE "Mystique" <misic@softhome.net> wrote in message news:O6QL5jRiFHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi guys! > Is there any way I could get the Internet Cache folder also known as the > Temporary Internet Files folder from Visual C++/MFC ??? ...

Getting the path of Temporary Internet Files
Hi How can I get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder in MFC? Regards, Mystique Take a look at the following APIs. SHGetFolderLocation() SHGetFolderPath() SHGetSpecialFolderLocation() SHGetSpecialFolderPath() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Mystique" <misic@softhome.net> wrote in message news:eX2zzcVrFHA.240@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I get the path of the Temporary Internet Files folder in MFC? > > Regards, > Mystique > > thanks Abdoul here is what i came up with...

IE7
Hello all, I have WinXP+SP3 and IE7. Previously, while using IE6, I was able to see all the details of the files in folder "Temporary Internet Files", including file size, a.s.o. Now, with IE7, when browsing this folder with Windows Explorer, using the Detailed View, the column titles on the header bar of the right pane appear empty (without the usual titles Name, Size, Last Accessed Date, a.s.o. ), but only showing the sorting arrow. Choosing VIEW--> CHOOSE DETAILS from the menu only shows a list of check boxes, but also without titles. Some very importan...

Temporary internet files
Can anyone tell me where these are in Vista ? Thanks Garry P wrote: > Can anyone tell me where these are in Vista ? > Thanks ================================ C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Windows\Temporary Internet Files\ Windows Vista - View temporary Internet files http://tinyurl.com/y8cz7gf or..... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/View-temporary-Internet-files How to View the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and Settings in Vista http://tinyurl.com/5yzffe or..... http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94239-int...

Temporary Internet Files
sOutlook 2007, XP Pro, IE 8 - I saved some pics (by mistake) in a temporary internet folder at C:\Docs and Settings\name\localsettings\temporary internet files\content.outlook\lm1wsif1 (spelling abreviated) and can't find the directory. I have Show Hidden Files checked and that does not work. I have searched for the folder name and file names w/n the folder and can't find either. Does anyone have a clue as to how to display this directory? I've searched and searched and can't find it. Also stored in this directory is attachments that come with emails I receive ...

No Temporary Internet Files folder??
I cannot find the folder for my Temporary Internet Files. It should be under my c:\documents and settings\user ID\local settings\temporary internet files - right?? It's not there, and I checked to make sure that it is not a hidden file. I am running XP, SP3. you can try to open the ie, select tools and look under the section for the temp files and its location. -- -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This NNTP newsgroup is evolving to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx ...

Too many temporary internet files?
I have over 5,000 Temporary Internet Files...I have deleted Browsing History (leaving passwords etc alone). This seems like a lot. Do I need all these? Size of cach is set at 252. Thanks, Sorry, IE8, XP Pro, don'y know about 32 vs 64 bit "Frank" wrote: > I have over 5,000 Temporary Internet Files...I have deleted Browsing History > (leaving passwords etc alone). This seems like a lot. Do I need all these? > Size of cach is set at 252. > > Thanks, With 252MB of TIF, 5,000 objects is quite possible. Almost nobody needs to have 252MB of TI...

IE7 Temporary Internet Files.
Sorry if this is a duplicate post. My previous message seems to have been lost. I want to set the default amount of disk space used by Internet Explorer 7 temporary files by all new users who log on to an XP PC. How can I do this? Thanks for any replies. "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8440E947-754C-415B-BC68-37CF56BF4E37@microsoft.com... > Sorry if this is a duplicate post. My previous message seems to have been > lost. I want to set the default amount of disk space used by Internet > Explorer 7 temporary files by all new u...

OLK17, temporary internet files
My VP has been saving his excel spreadsheets in C:\documents and settings\user\local settings\temporary internet files\OLK17\*.xls inadvertantly and now can not browse to the directory to open his excel files. I have looked at permissions, hidden files etc.. and can not browse to the OLK17 directory. He is running MS XP Pro sp1 and Office XP Pro sp2. This is a system directory. That may be the problem. But I suggest you get the files out of there! You probably don't want them deleted if he tells IE to clean up the temporary files... On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:49:07 -0500, "Patriot&qu...

Reading Files from Temporary Internet Files
Hi i want to know how i can read a file from the "Temporary Internet Files" folder. -- THE BAT thanks solved -- THE BAT "THE BAT" <Ahmedy2k@link.net> wrote in message news:%23NryOSDBGHA.272@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > i want to know how i can read a file from the "Temporary Internet Files" > folder. > > -- > THE BAT > ...

Corrupt Temporary Internet Files Folder
When I try and open the Temporary Internet File folder under my local setting, iI get a long pause then a window wanting me to reformat the C Drive? How can this be fixed? I tried logging in under Administrator in safe mode, but still the same results. Can this folder be deleted? and How? If I try to delete the folder, I am told its can't because it is not empty. Then when I try to open it and delete the te,p files, I get the format message. I am running IE8 Hi, Windows XP? Why do you want to delete the Temporary Internet Files folder? Can you view the Temporary Intern...

Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK#\
when attempting to open any attachment i get error Can't open this item. Can't create file: anyfilename.ext Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions to that folder" found something that advised to edit the registry as i didnot want to do that i deleted the contents of this folder d:\Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK#\ and i was then able to open attachments ok. is there a setting that limits the size this folder gets to. if so how to i amen...

C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RCXZN5L9
HELP I am running out of space on my C:\ Drive and was looking for things to delete when I came accross the following of over 1GB. C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RCXZN5L9 What is it and is it safe to delete everthing in it? In fact is it safe to delete everthing within the C:\Documents and Settings\Mark E. Moss\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ Directory? Mark Moss IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | Disk space to use: Since you're...

The location of C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKE5\file name
I am trying to find out where Outlook 2002 sets the location "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKE5\" as the default for opening up an attachment in an email. When I have an email with an attachment and I double click it to open it within the email, the attachment opens up in the proper application, but if I try to do a save as it will try to save it to the location mentioned above as a default. We were having some problems opening a specific rtf attachment that was being sent daily and nightly to several recipients. The email attachment had ...