Filter Summary (Outlook 2000)

Is there a way to get a summary of filter actions upon the completion of a
read new messages action? In particular, I automatically route messages to a
number of folders, but without a summary, I must browse through all such
folders to determine if there are new messages. (This is a standard feature
of Eudora, and I miss it.)

0
dds (5)

Outlook does not have that feature.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Dennis Steinauer <dds@REMOVETHISradix.net> asked:

| Is there a way to get a summary of filter actions upon the completion
| of a read new messages action? In particular, I automatically route
| messages to a number of folders, but without a summary, I must browse
| through all such folders to determine if there are new messages.
| (This is a standard feature of Eudora, and I miss it.)

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Outlook 2003 error message #9
I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it an error message appears. C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR LOADED I tried detect and repair and that did not help. PLEASE, I need help "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9BAE4F59-FED8-499B-99DE-6A4A0536423F@microsoft.com... >I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it = an=20 > error message appears. > C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR = LOADED > I tried detect and re...

SQL 2000 Reporting Services Error for CRM 3.0
Hi Guys, I have encountered the following Reporting Servies error whenever we attempt to generate CRM reports from CRM outlook and web clients. Only the administrator groups can run the reports. Note that we have upgraded CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I have tried all my level best to grant the required permissions on the report folders. But still the error is there. Thank you in advance for your help. With kind regards, Gech Reporting Services Error ________________________________________ • An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError...

Outlook 2K auto complete
I have a client who's hard drive crashed. I replace the hard drive and reinstalled the OS and programs. I also restored the pst file from a current backup. They are using Office 2000. Client is complaining that there is no auto complete on email addresses in the address book. A quick Google search points to this not being a feature of Outlook 2K. Client swears that they had it last week with "old" computer. Is this a feature in Outlook2K? If not, how could she have had it? Thanks It's been many years since I stopped using OL2000. I think you're right, auto com...

Outlook 2010
I have been trying to stop the From field to show when I create a new email in Outlook 2010. When I go the options tab - I have only the BCC field button to enable/disable the BCC field. I created a custom group in the ribbon and added the 'from field' button. When creating a new email, the button is dispalyed but it is disabled! How do I get rid of the From field To what view are you referring? Why do you think you would accomplish anything by doing this? It will have no bearing on what the recipient sees. -- Russ Valentine "esieens" <esieens@disc...

Update Outlook 2003 client address book
All outlook clients are configure as cache mode. In exchange 2003, how to update the exchange address book to all outlook clients? Outlook 2003 cached mode uses the default offline address book. Exchange updates the offline address book once per day by default. Outlook 2003 will check for updated versions of the address book by default on some pre-configured basis automatically. As such, it is normal for the cached mode client to not receive the most updated list for a day or so, but it will update eventually. If you want to update it immediately, you need to go into Exchange, and...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Recently, I have discovered and made use of the ability to create custom templates for entries into public folders. At our organization, we use them solely as calendars to illustrate to staff that, for example, John has a meeting at 10:00a, Sally is out of the office, etc. However, I would like to have the data entered into my custom forms displayed on the calendar. For example, by default, when data is entered into the "Subject" of the public folder, the information is displayed on the calendar for viewing. However, none of my custom fields will show this data as the "...

language issues outlook calendar
Hello, I've run today into two quite interesting issues. Users of OL2K3 are having the wrong language version in their calendar folder. For one user an upgrade from French to Spanish has taken place and now she has a French PLUS a Spanish calendar. Also I have a user who has simply Dutch instead of French. Do you have any idea where I can change the language settings in Outlook clients? Thanks for your comments. Sandor Teglasy Start Outlook with /resetfoldernames. Then transfer the data to a singular folder and remove the other one. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-o...

auto filter macro #2
I want to use auto filter or some other device to hide those rows whose first column has a zero in it. I would like to come up with a macro that automatically does this. The purpose is to have a sales order whose first column of every row is the quanity of each item ordered. If zero is ordered than that row would be hidden. This sales order would be linked to a data input sheet where the actual input would take place. Please help!!! ...

Entourage and Outlook
Does anyone know of a way to transfer stored e-mails from Outlook to Mac Entourage or Mac Mail and back? ...

Setting custom properties to an outlook folder
Hi, I'm new to the Outlook 2007 object model. I want to create and set some custom properties to my outlook folders. eg I want to set a property like 'SOURCE URL', which is of string type, that will enable me to find out programmatically which folder belongs to which url. I think PropertyAccessor has something to do with it. But I don't know how to use it. In what format the property name should be given? It throws an exception that 'Unable to parse the property name'. Please post the relevant portion of the code you already have in the = microsoft.public.outlook....

Notify Message in Outlook
I attached a large attachment to a message and it sat in the outbox all I didn't know that the attachment was too large to send. I also didn't see it in my outbox--it sat there all day. I didn't find out about it until I was turning off my computer at the end of the day. I have many folders and can't check the outbox all the time. Is there a way to be notified if an email is sitting in the outbox? version of outlook? you can put the outbox folder on favorite folders in ol2003/2007. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need ...

Filtering by certain criteria
Hello experts - I created a custom list where I have numbers of items listed there. Now I would need to set up view in which if user login to our sharepoint, he/she will see only items they are owners for. (note: items have been inserted into custom list by myself, not by owners) So I will basically filter column 'owner' by enteprise.ids that have been defined in another custom list titled as "Enterprise ID", in column "Title" to ensure sharepoint will recognize those IDs in column owner. How can I set the filter to ensure filter will work accordi...

How do I import messages from mbox file to Outlook?
I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I import this format into Outlook? SPeon <SPeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says > their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I > import this format into Outlook? Many people find the conversion easiest to manage by first importing into Outlook Express (using the Netscape Communicator selection, since that also uses mbox format) and then exporting into...

Connection problem between publisher and outlook (2003)
I've created a newsletter in publisher. I've clicked on send e-mail, then send this page as message. I get a messgae saying 'Publisher could not start the email program. Check network connection, etc' Outlokk is my email program and is up and running, there are no internet problems and other programs work fiine. I've tried detect and repair and also reinstalled office. Any other suggestions? -- Thanks Just checking - which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "exmt...

Outlook 2000 Send Emails
I tried accessing some of the previous posts regarding this feature and I am not sure if this has been addressed. So here is my version of the problem: Win 2k, Outlook 2000. Sends and receives fine (had McAfee Virus scan and firewall installed). Since upgraded to Internet Suite 6, I cannot send any mails, Regardless of attachments but incoming mails are OK. Error 530:Authentication required, 0x800ccc78, Rejected by sender. I have tried uninstalling virus scan, disabling all components of the security suite, and I have also contacted my ISP provider (Comcast) who swears up and down that...

ADVANCE FILTER SORT WINDOW
Hi! Could anyone please help me? I have this continuous form called "frm_Status01" with a button that has this code "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAdvancedFilterSort" to open the advance filter sort window. After I have completed selecting all the fields I wanted, key in all the cretirea, sort, etc then click the apply filter button shown at the advance filter sort window and my "frm_Status01" is already displayed and active. The advance filter sort window didn't close after I applied the filter. Is there any way to close it immediately after I applied the...

outlook log in problem
i have installed office pro 2003 and defaulted my mail to outlook from outlook express. all data for mail accounts has been transfered like for like but when trying to send/recieve mail a log on pop-up requesting verification of user name and password appears. it then rejects these as unrecognised. all mail that has passed through o/express is showing. i ahve double checked my settings also deleted the settings and reinstalled them and deleted all settings at o/express and reinstalled them to no avail. and if i go back to o/express everything works fine??? loofer wrote: > i have in...

Outlook 2003 Public Folders Calendar Moderator
I have set up a "Firm Calendar" in public folders in order to keep personal calendar items of users and firm items (such as hearings and the like) separate. A user will go to their personal calendar and create a firm item then invite attendees. The attendee in these cases (firm items) will be the "firm calendar" which has been set up as a contact in their contact lists. I have also set up a moderator to manage this "firm calendar". When a user sends this invitation to the "firm calendar" contact it also sends the calendar item notification t...

Outlook wont roam with user profiles
For some reason outlook setting will not roam with user profiles. I am using Outlook 2002 with windows 2000 on all desktops in a 2K forest/domain. When I setup outlook on a users profile I expect that to roam with the user. He then should be able to go use another machine and not have to setup outlook on that machine. Is this possible if so can anyone help with some tips. Are the Outlook settings the only thing that doesn't roam with the user? Have you double-checked to ensure you've properly completed the steps here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;30796...

ESEUTIL error on Exchange 2000
Last night I ran eseutil on my priv1.edb as it had reached 16,702,792KB file size and I was encountering intermittent stoppages, slowdowns in my email service, though the IS never dismounted. I have about 8 GB space left on the drive with the MDBdata. After the previous nights online defrag I had about 9 GB of white space in the database. I ran the eseutil with a /t switch, since I had only 8 GB free space on the drive, and set the tempdfg.edb to a USB drive with 128 GB free space. Nevertheless, the eseutil errored at about 50% with the message: "Operation terminated with error -180...

Outlook running very slow #2
Runnng Outlook 2000 and I have about 2,000 contacts. Outlook moves slow in my opinion and contacts do not open up immediately as they should. Are there any suggestions? Can I reindex data in any way or does anyone have an opinion on number of contacts. ...

Outlook Rules case sensitive
Hi Are Outlook 2007 Rules case sensitive? Can you help me to know all the Outlook 2007 Rule that are case sensitive? Thanks in advance.. Ashwin LK What are you trying to achieve? Are you looking for specific words in a message or subject? In that case, it is not case sensitive. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Ashwin" <msnews08@nospam.nospam> wrote...

Outlook 2003 Synchronization Problems
Our company just upgraded our email server from exchange 2003 to the exchange 2007 a couple of weeks ago. Everything was Ok until yesterday. I am having a problem with only two computers using outlook 2003. The problem happens when we are inside our own LAN. There are two Synchronization errors I am getting and they are: First error: 9:18:41 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8000 9:18:41 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User Name' 9:18:41 Synchronizing Hierarchy 9:18:41 Done 9:18:41 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 9:18:41 0X8004010F Second Error: Task 'Microsoft E...

Opneing links within Outlook messages
I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I can not open active links within the body of any e-mail messages. Any suggestions? "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C90DEED-3B7C-4B3E-B92E-E9E5018131B7@microsoft.com... > I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I can not open active links > within > the body of any e-mail messages. Any suggestions? So what happens when you try? what happens when you try? If you get the restrictions in effect error message that tells you to talk to your administrator, this is a problem with ...

Outlook 2003 hangs way too much.
Hi guys, I use Outlook 2003 at work and I used to have a Microsoft Exchange account in the past. Currently I only keep it's messages in one PST file as my new account is through Gmail service. Although it used to hang in the past too, it now hangs way too often and for way too long. Tasks, such as moving emails from my inbox to the appropriate folder to the left are often extremely time consuming. I don't know what to do to solve this but this needs to change. I've been even tempted to switch to Thunderbird but I really like Outlook (when it performs well). I&...