File send send Link by Email problems in IE after Thunderbird Install

I have installed Thunderbird and have been very pleased with it. I only use
Thunderbird at the moment to keep all my RSS feeds that I use.

I still use IE as my default browser but the problem I have now is trying to
send a URL via email through the IE. On IE if you go to File>Send>Link by
Email it always launches Thunderbird. I do not want this to happen, I want
it to launch Outlook as it normally did. I have reset the settings in
Internet options to their default and it still makes no difference. I do
not use Thunderbird as my default mail client.

Any ideas how to get Outlook to launch when I choose the option in IE?

0
tosca925 (3)

I can't open an emailed Excel Spreadsheet
I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo email couldn't open it. It directed me to the Microsoft webpage to find out what program it came from. What do I do now???? Is it possible that you do not have excel installed on your computer? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "New to area" <New to area@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:477288BA-4E9E-45A7-B183-A19E96F9A873@microsoft.com... > I was emailed an Excel Spreadsheet for me to download and use, but my yahoo > email couldn't open it. It directed...

how to minimise photo attachments for email sending ?
when i attach a photo to an outgoing email, it takes hours for it to go through. I'm told bye the receiver, that it the picture is absolutely huge & takes hours to come in on the server. if i could minimise the photo, it would go through quicker & could be re-enlarged bye the receiver ?? 1) Yes. 2) In general "No". Specifics would depend on the original file-format of the picture if you are sending. If in bmp-format; then it can be compressed and decompressed without affecting the original image. Converting it to a different file-format such as jpg or...

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

link a popup form to edit selected record
Hello All, I am usiing Access 2007 and I have a form that contains three subforms that are used to review data. Specifically, the first subform (fsubData_List) is a list of all the records in the datasource. The second subform (fsubData_search) contains an edit button and is going to be used to search and filter from the entire dataset. The third subform (fsubData_detail) is used to list all of the detailed information for the record selected in the first subform. This is done via a hidden field call txtRelay which is used to store the unique ID for the selected record. This all ...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000. I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name field. 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name. Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses. What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display Name? What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you think it is? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message new...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

Urgent!!! A double email issue, help!
Hi, everyone. I came across an issue regarding sending and receiving email. Here is the situation; I have two profiles set up in Outlook express 6. One is, say, a@a.a and the other one is b@b.b, the a account is default. everytime when I try to send an email to my friend using a account, my friend will receive two copies of the same email, one of the copies is from a account while the other one is from b. However, when he receive emails sent from other people instead of me, everything is ok. I guess that's probably because of problem on my side. Can anyone help me on this? Any s...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

OL2003 Attachment Problems
Hi, a custumer experiences the following problem within his network (w2k3 server, XPSP1 clients) with regard to outlook and attachments: The mail in question is a mail with a rar-compressed attachment: If the same mail goes to a workstation with OL2002(SP3) installed, everything is perfect, but on the workstations with OL2003 (SP1) installed, the mail seems to be "empty". That is: no "from", no "to", no "subject" and no attachment. In the body only one line shows up, which seems to be the header of the rar-attachment. Even changing the extension ...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

Sending Emails thru Outlook with attachments to multiple recipients
Hello all, I have a button on a form that suppose to send email to multiple recipients with an attachment. The code worked perfectly last year; however, now that I am trying to use it, it is not working. Annually the previous year's database is copied and updated to use again. When I try to change the code to change the destination of the contents of the email, the code stop working. At first I get a message telling me the email file is open by a user of the pc I am using and when I shut down and restart the pc, the button's click code simply stop responding. "dBNovice&quo...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...

opening .wks files
Had created spreadsheets as .wks files on Windows ME. I'm unable to open these now that I've upgraded to XP and Office XP. I've tried to associate them with Excel but they will not open properly. How can I retreive these? Hi a repost from Ken Wright to convert MS Works files: ----- Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, ..csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/con...

Problems with CreateFile
Hi, I want to write a file using the code given below. In very rare cases the file-contents are not changed but the last modified date is set to the current date. What is wrong here? I use this code on a WinXP Prof. The file I want to write already exists. But it is NOT write protected. I have full-rights access (adminstrator) Any ideas`? if ((fileHandle = CreateFile(file, GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL|FILE_FLAG_WRITE_THROUGH, NULL)) == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) { // error handling bla ... } ...

Converting a file Money 2001 --> Money 2005 Help!!
Hi, I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using Money 2001 (standard). I get an error --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok. I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again....