File, Send, Message to Mail Recipient

Hi there.

We use Sage line 50 and send mail via Outlook to recipients.   This has
stopped working.  We've reinstalled Sage, reinstalled Office 2000, removed
and reinstalled both and even installed office 2003 to try and get it
working again.

From Word, we can send to, but not Sage.  Anyone have any ideas?

Regards, Neal Blackie.

0
Neal

Have you checked Sage's support?  Integration with Office/Outlook is
something that they would be responsible for, not Microsoft.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Neal asked:

| Hi there.
|
| We use Sage line 50 and send mail via Outlook to recipients.   This
| has stopped working.  We've reinstalled Sage, reinstalled Office
| 2000, removed and reinstalled both and even installed office 2003 to
| try and get it working again.
|
| From Word, we can send to, but not Sage.  Anyone have any ideas?
|
| Regards, Neal Blackie.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/31/2004 4:50:18 PM
Have you set microsoft outlook as the default email handler - the
option is available under tools->options...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:<#WRFc9yREHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Have you checked Sage's support?  Integration with Office/Outlook is
> something that they would be responsible for, not Microsoft.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Neal asked:
>
> | Hi there.
> |
> | We use Sage line 50 and send mail via Outlook to recipients.   This
> | has stopped working.  We've reinstalled Sage, reinstalled Office
> | 2000, removed and reinstalled both and even installed office 2003 to
> | try and get it working again.
> |
> | From Word, we can send to, but not Sage.  Anyone have any ideas?
> |
> | Regards, Neal Blackie.

Outbound E-mail Suffix CRM:xxxxxxxx
Hi everyone, How do I get rid of the tracking suffix CRM:xxxxxx from all of the outbound e-mails ? Is there any workflow issue if this tracking number is not attached in outbound e-mails ? I don't believe it makes a good impression if the cusomters receive e-mails with tracking info attached hence we want to get rid of this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, You can get rid of the E-mail suffix CRM:xxxxxxx by following these instructions: Use an account such as systems administrator who has the correct privileges to access organizational settings. 1. At the bottom of the n...

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

how to minimise photo attachments for email sending ?
when i attach a photo to an outgoing email, it takes hours for it to go through. I'm told bye the receiver, that it the picture is absolutely huge & takes hours to come in on the server. if i could minimise the photo, it would go through quicker & could be re-enlarged bye the receiver ?? 1) Yes. 2) In general "No". Specifics would depend on the original file-format of the picture if you are sending. If in bmp-format; then it can be compressed and decompressed without affecting the original image. Converting it to a different file-format such as jpg or...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Maximum number of recipient policies
We are talking to a company that hosts Microsoft Exchange. They currently host well over 1000 mail domains and bumped into a limit with the maximum number of recipient policies that Exchange supports. I couldn't find any document that talks about this limit. They get around the limit by not using recipient policies, instead they have an event sink that somehow solves the problem. Does anyone know anything about this limit? What event does their event sink hook into, and what does it do? I really need some help thanks... Regards Jonny I am not aware of any thing that discusses...

E-mails disappeared while trying to import from Outlook Express
I reached the capactity for Outlook Express (about 2 gigs worth of files in my inbox). When I tried to switch to Outlook, I went to import my inbox from Express. The import never completed and it crashed my computer. However, when I went back to Express, all those files in my inbox were gone. Express was still operating as if they were there (as if I was still at capacity), but I can't see them or find them. Can anyone help me figure out where they went or how to recover them? Confused <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reached the capactity for Out...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

GUID on Outgoing E-mails / CRM 1.2
I was able to locate a KnowledgeBase document that gave an software update to remove the GUID on outgoing e-mails, but it only referenced CRM 1.0. My client tried it and it didn't work with message that they don't have CRM 1.0 (they have CRM 1.2). Does anyone know of the fix for CRM 1.2? Interestly, I believe that the same CRM 1.0 fix did work on my SBS 2003 configuration; but the client has Windows Server 2003 with Exchange and CRM 1.2 on different boxes. The document says to install on the box with the Exhange CRM e-mail router, which I thought would be the Exchange box. A...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

can't receive incoming mail on 2003 exchange server from outside of organization
I have a 2003 Win server running 2003 exchange server. I can send and receive mail for internal users, but can only send mail to external sources. Can't receive mail from outside of organization. Can anyone help? Public DNS MX records set up properly? Check it out at www.dnsreport.com . Recipient policy set up to handle mail for your domain, with all mailboxes getting 'stamped' with the right e-mail addresses on the domain? Firewall have port 25 open, and if you run NAT, have you forwarded port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server? eloise wrote: > I have a 2...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

Duplicate incoming messages
After using Office 2000 in IMO(Internet Mail Only) option on my XP computer for several months, I have started receiving duplicate incoming messages. Cox cable has not been able to help. Any suggestions. Thank you. ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Sending Emails thru Outlook with attachments to multiple recipients
Hello all, I have a button on a form that suppose to send email to multiple recipients with an attachment. The code worked perfectly last year; however, now that I am trying to use it, it is not working. Annually the previous year's database is copied and updated to use again. When I try to change the code to change the destination of the contents of the email, the code stop working. At first I get a message telling me the email file is open by a user of the pc I am using and when I shut down and restart the pc, the button's click code simply stop responding. "dBNovice&quo...

Can i import one excel file to another excel file?
I have a new excel file that I want to update with an older excel file, can I import the two? There must be an easy way to merge the two together without having to retype. Depends on what you mean by update. If it's just to add more data to the bottom of an existing list, open both files, then select the data, Edit/Copy it and Edit/Paste to the other workbook. If that's not what you want, can you be more specific? On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:59:09 -0700, "kimbers867" <kimbers867@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new excel file that I want to update with ...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...

OL 2002 - Attached MSG file - No body property returned
We have a large number of psts with emails bearing problematic MSG attachments. The PST files appear to be from an Exchange environment (Likely 2000). We are using VB6 to access the data via Outlook 2002 (we've tried 2003, but with the same results). Outlook 2002 (sp-2) is not returning any value for the body property of an attached MSG email items. When opening them in Outlook, you can see that there is in fact body text which seems only to be visible when viewed through the UI in OL. Here is something odd: 1. When viewed in Quick View Plus (ver 6 & 8) it appears with only the heade...

How do I set Outlook to auto check for mail?
I am trying to set up MS Outlook to automatically check for new e-mail messages. Can this be done in Outlook? Please provide more information. What is your current setup? Are you using an Exchange server and what version of Outlook are you running. Regards Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Attila" wrote: > I am trying to set up MS Outlook to automatically check for new e-mail > messages. Can this be done in Outlook? Tools/Options/Mail Delivery. 'Check for new messages...' On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:11:02 -0700, Attila <Attila@discuss...

opening .wks files
Had created spreadsheets as .wks files on Windows ME. I'm unable to open these now that I've upgraded to XP and Office XP. I've tried to associate them with Excel but they will not open properly. How can I retreive these? Hi a repost from Ken Wright to convert MS Works files: ----- Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, ..csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/con...