File attachments in Outlook..?

We have a customer that requires email data, a spreadsheet with pics, copied
into the body of the message, not as an Excel attachment.
When a user within our Exchange 2K3 Org emails like this to me, in HTML
format, and I reply, in HTML format, she see's it as she sent it.
When the same user emails the same email to my External acct(Comcast), I do
a reply from the same Outlook client, she receives the email the same with
the exception that the pics are now also in the Attachments bar in Outlook.

Why is this and can I stop the pics from also going to the attachment bar.

Thanks, Tom...

0
TK

Tom,

Not sure there is an issue, so clarify if you can. Are the attachments not
being viewed on any of the recipient ends? Are the attachments, combined
over 50mb files? Answering these may help me find the solution faster. thanks
=)

TK wrote:
>We have a customer that requires email data, a spreadsheet with pics, copied
>into the body of the message, not as an Excel attachment.
>When a user within our Exchange 2K3 Org emails like this to me, in HTML
>format, and I reply, in HTML format, she see's it as she sent it.
>When the same user emails the same email to my External acct(Comcast), I do
>a reply from the same Outlook client, she receives the email the same with
>the exception that the pics are now also in the Attachments bar in Outlook.
>
>Why is this and can I stop the pics from also going to the attachment bar.
>
>Thanks, Tom...

0
Spidertech
1/22/2010 7:03:44 PM
Tom:
No worries, the customer finally now allows the xls attachment...

But.. the email is only 2 MB with like 15 images in the body of the email.
When sent to internet client and a local client, the recipient sees the
images in the body, no attachments tool bar.
When the internet client replies, the recipient sees the images in the body
of the message, but now they are also in the attachment tool bar as png
files... Humm.......?
When a local domain client responds... the recipient sees the images in the
body of the message, no attachment tool bar.

Things that make you go hummm......

Thanks,   Tom...

"Spidertech" <u57695@uwe> wrote in message news:a280fd37a5f57@uwe...
> Tom,
>
> Not sure there is an issue, so clarify if you can. Are the attachments not
> being viewed on any of the recipient ends? Are the attachments, combined
> over 50mb files? Answering these may help me find the solution faster.
> thanks
> =)
>
> TK wrote:
>>We have a customer that requires email data, a spreadsheet with pics,
>>copied
>>into the body of the message, not as an Excel attachment.
>>When a user within our Exchange 2K3 Org emails like this to me, in HTML
>>format, and I reply, in HTML format, she see's it as she sent it.
>>When the same user emails the same email to my External acct(Comcast), I
>>do
>>a reply from the same Outlook client, she receives the email the same with
>>the exception that the pics are now also in the Attachments bar in
>>Outlook.
>>
>>Why is this and can I stop the pics from also going to the attachment bar.
>>
>>Thanks, Tom...

0
TK
1/22/2010 8:21:57 PM
They *are* attachments, just embedded. Once the recipients mail client
renders the message they shouldn't be shown as attachments.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
> We have a customer that requires email data, a spreadsheet with pics,
> copied into the body of the message, not as an Excel attachment.
> When a user within our Exchange 2K3 Org emails like this to me, in HTML
> format, and I reply, in HTML format, she see's it as she sent it.
> When the same user emails the same email to my External acct(Comcast), I
> do a reply from the same Outlook client, she receives the email the same
> with the exception that the pics are now also in the Attachments bar in
> Outlook.
>
> Why is this and can I stop the pics from also going to the attachment bar.
>
> Thanks, Tom...

0
Diane

Outlook Express won't load
When loading OE (V5.5)I get an error message: "MSOE.dll could not be loaded" (so OE won't load and I can't use e- mail functions). I'm using Win98 and IE5.5. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, TIM Reinstall IE5.5 You can't download it from Microsoft any longer. IE5.5 can be downloaded from evolt.org but it wouldn't work for me. The full install is available on CD for $3.00 at http://www.on-disk.com/ie55sp2.html It's the full 85MB version with 128 bit encryption, Outlook Express and java. It installed and is working great for me. Good Luck! Heather B. ...

how to minimise photo attachments for email sending ?
when i attach a photo to an outgoing email, it takes hours for it to go through. I'm told bye the receiver, that it the picture is absolutely huge & takes hours to come in on the server. if i could minimise the photo, it would go through quicker & could be re-enlarged bye the receiver ?? 1) Yes. 2) In general "No". Specifics would depend on the original file-format of the picture if you are sending. If in bmp-format; then it can be compressed and decompressed without affecting the original image. Converting it to a different file-format such as jpg or...

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Using outlook express as newsreaedr from outlook
I have added the News command to the menu items of outlook, this is supposed to Open oulook express as the newsreader, however when I select news it opens a folder 1033 instead of Outlook express. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any help Bob Answer has been posted countless times. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Cursor appearance while typing in Outlook 2007
While typing in outlook 2007, the cursor will disappear most of the time and blinks on every few letters. (I'm not talking about automatically hiding the mouse cursor/pointer while tying, which is available in the Mouse visibility options). I mean the text cursor. This behavior also appears using the print view in Word 2007 (in the draft view the cursor is visible while typing). Most other applications including MS apps (and office 2003) do not behave this way. The most obvious way to show the behavior is to hold the space bar while typing an email in outlook 2007. ...

Outlook error #35
"an extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: extend.dat" Try deleting or renaming the extend.dat file. Outlook will just recreate it and that should fix the problem. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1bd7e01c420f7$ddff6610$a101280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > "an extension failed to initialize. Can't open file: > extend.dat" ...

Help needed with networked Outlook
Hi, I have a simple system with 3 PC's networked via a router. All pc's are running XP and Outlook 2002. 1 pc acts as a simple server for files and the printer. Is there a simple way that the server can download all incoming emails and divert them to one of the others, depending on the intended recipient, but then also keep a copy of any replies that were sent? At the moment we download to all 3 and we don't always know if someone else has replied to an email. Many thanks and I hope that makes sense. Paul. That'll be a no then :-) Paul "Paul Reed" <p...

Outlook Setup
Hi, I am looking at getting outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 (running on 2003 R2 server) and we would like to have outlook automatically populate the exchange settings for each user when they logon. What options do i have with this? Is profgen the only option? Thanks Profgen is too old. Look at the Office Custom Installation Wizard, or a third-party fee tool like Profile Maker. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Paul Stilgoe" <stilgs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154648749.175001.41050@75g2000cwc.googlegroup...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

Switching to Outlook
I am thinking of using Outlook for e-mail. Would I be able to save (import) my old e-mails from another e-mail program into Outlook? Thanks for the help. Dunno. What program? :-) Mary wrote: > I am thinking of using Outlook for e-mail. Would I be > able to save (import) my old e-mails from another e-mail > program into Outlook? > > Thanks for the help. ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

OL2003 Attachment Problems
Hi, a custumer experiences the following problem within his network (w2k3 server, XPSP1 clients) with regard to outlook and attachments: The mail in question is a mail with a rar-compressed attachment: If the same mail goes to a workstation with OL2002(SP3) installed, everything is perfect, but on the workstations with OL2003 (SP1) installed, the mail seems to be "empty". That is: no "from", no "to", no "subject" and no attachment. In the body only one line shows up, which seems to be the header of the rar-attachment. Even changing the extension ...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

Default reply to font color Outlook XP
My default reply to font color is red and I can't find where to change it back to black. I can change the color on every reply but I need to know how to make the default black again. Thanks If you mean that the font color used when you type replies is red, that color is determined by selecting "Tools", "Options" from the menus, clicking on the "Mail Format" tab, clicking the "Fonts" button (near the middle of the dialogue box), and clicking the SECOND "Choose font" button (the one next to the "When replying and forwarding"...

Those damn pst files!!
Hello, I have had MANY problems with outlook, first, I had problems where I had to reinstall every time I closed outlook xp or I couldn't send emails, then I tried the detect and repair--restore defaults, then I reconfigured and it seemed to work fine...EXCEPT I could no longer intellisync or sync anything...I looked into the matter, and found that my default Outlook.pst was now outlook1.pst, so I changed the name to outlook.pst, reconfigured (again lost the address book in the process) and still can't sync...what is up with these damn pst files? WHERE should I put that OUTL...

problems with inserting html to xslt file.
Hi, I have a string/xml value that has to be inserted to a specific <xsl:tempalte> tag, I have a namespace registered so that I can insert new XSL elements. nsmgr = New XmlNamespaceManager(myXslt.NameTable) nsmgr.AddNamespace("xsl", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform") This is the string that has to be inserted to xsl:template tag : <tr> <td><xsl:apply-templates select="bla" /></td> </tr> If I try the element.insertXml method there is an error saying undeclared namespace and poiting to the <xsl:apply> tag. The...

Sending Emails thru Outlook with attachments to multiple recipients
Hello all, I have a button on a form that suppose to send email to multiple recipients with an attachment. The code worked perfectly last year; however, now that I am trying to use it, it is not working. Annually the previous year's database is copied and updated to use again. When I try to change the code to change the destination of the contents of the email, the code stop working. At first I get a message telling me the email file is open by a user of the pc I am using and when I shut down and restart the pc, the button's click code simply stop responding. "dBNovice&quo...

Storing strings in header file via resource file (.rc file) ?
Hi: My application needs to support multiple languages. I'm now planning to strong strings in multiple string tables in the rc file; where each string table contains one language. My question is: will it be much simpler to store those strings in multiple header files? In this case a string can be used directly without the need to use CString to load each string before using it. Please let me know if I'm missing some advantages using the rc file to store strings. Thanks in Advance. Polaris "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<e...

Sharing Outlook Folder
I have one email account(from my ISP) that I share with my wife. In Outlook that I have set up for her in her own XP user account, I have a rule that filters incoming email to put all my emails into a separate folder. Can I now access this folder from Outlook when I am using my own XP user account (on the same PC)? This would make life simpler. Yes, place the pst-file on a location both can access. Then when you start Outlook it will prompt you for the location of the pst-file. Browse to the new loaction of the pst-file and hit OK. Do the same for the other account and direct it to t...

Problem converting Quicken backup file to Money 2004
Hi, When I use the Converting Quickent Files feature, after the conversion is done, it shows the correct balance in the Quicken balance, but on the Money balance column, it's all zero. After conversion, I open the converted Money file, all accounts still show zero balance. What's the correct way to import all Quicken accounts and balance to Money? thp ...