Faxing Within Outlook 2003 on WIndows XP

I've always enjoyed the simplicity (and non-bloatness) of the simple Windows
fax system that started back in Win95 and Windows Messaging days (or was it
even earlier than that?). Nothing realy fancy, but easy to teach anyone to
fax who knew how to e-mail. And the added benefit of storing all faxes
within an Outlook folder.

But no more. It's gone with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. No more fax sharing
using a folder for the share either. No more fax/mail within Outlook. Or is
it gone? Does anyone know a simple way to fax within Outlook 2003 and
Windows XP? Appreciated.

0
Peter

Fax sharing went away a long time ago. That has nothing to do with Outlook.
Not much else has changed. Windows XP Fax is still a valid transport for
Outlook 2003.
What trouble are you having?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
> I've always enjoyed the simplicity (and non-bloatness) of the simple
> Windows
> fax system that started back in Win95 and Windows Messaging days (or was
> it
> even earlier than that?). Nothing realy fancy, but easy to teach anyone to
> fax who knew how to e-mail. And the added benefit of storing all faxes
> within an Outlook folder.
>
> But no more. It's gone with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. No more fax
> sharing
> using a folder for the share either. No more fax/mail within Outlook. Or
> is
> it gone? Does anyone know a simple way to fax within Outlook 2003 and
> Windows XP? Appreciated.

0
russval (3097)
> Fax sharing went away a long time ago.

If it did, I didn't notice. Still doing it on a Win98 system with Outlook
2000. :-)

> That has nothing to do with Outlook.

My understanding is that MS stripped the functionality out of Windows XP for
whatever reason -- money, don't care, didn't realise, whatever.

> Not much else has changed. Windows XP Fax is still a valid transport for
Outlook 2003.

The problem is that Windows XP Fax is pretty unreliable. I've seen several
systems that can't receive randomly. And using XP Fax is Outlook is no
longer as simple and seamless as using Wind95/8 Fax with O2K or WM was.

> What trouble are you having?

Trying to come up with a Fax client/system that is simple to use, as simple
as the old system was. I found the concept of faxing as e-mailing was very
easy to learn and implement. It built on something most people are very
familiar with (e-mail). Network faxing/fax sharing would be a nice bonus.
Or, at the least Fax Printer so that can be shared.

Any suggestions for any product or setup are welcome.

> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
> > I've always enjoyed the simplicity (and non-bloatness) of the simple
> > Windows
> > fax system that started back in Win95 and Windows Messaging days (or was
> > it
> > even earlier than that?). Nothing realy fancy, but easy to teach anyone
> > fax who knew how to e-mail. And the added benefit of storing all faxes
> > within an Outlook folder.
> >
> > But no more. It's gone with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. No more fax
> > sharing
> > using a folder for the share either. No more fax/mail within Outlook. Or
> > is
> > it gone? Does anyone know a simple way to fax within Outlook 2003 and
> > Windows XP? Appreciated.

0
Peter
2/16/2005 1:57:09 PM
Points all well taken (except one: Windows 95 was a long time ago--and that
was the last time a Windows OS Fax Service supported sharing).
The inescapable conclusion from what I've seen is that Microsoft has
abandoned fax without having the courtesy to tell us so. Windows XP Fax is
notoriously unreliable. I can't imagine anyone ever deploying it in a
production situation. Integration with Outlook has been reduced to a
meaningless level.
I have no idea how large the potential market for reliable faxing from
Outlook really is. I haven't the time nor the inclination to test the third
party offerings that might fill this niche. The only thing I know for sure
is that Symantec's are non-contenders.
If I were you I would take a look at one of the Internet Faxing services
that have been anointed to integrate with Outlook 2003. I've used the Venali
Service with great success and have even been able to cobble out a way to do
fax merges with it.
--
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Fax sharing went away a long time ago.
>
> If it did, I didn't notice. Still doing it on a Win98 system with Outlook
> 2000. :-)
>
>> That has nothing to do with Outlook.
>
> My understanding is that MS stripped the functionality out of Windows XP
> for
> whatever reason -- money, don't care, didn't realise, whatever.
>
>> Not much else has changed. Windows XP Fax is still a valid transport for
> Outlook 2003.
>
> The problem is that Windows XP Fax is pretty unreliable. I've seen several
> systems that can't receive randomly. And using XP Fax is Outlook is no
> longer as simple and seamless as using Wind95/8 Fax with O2K or WM was.
>
>> What trouble are you having?
>
> Trying to come up with a Fax client/system that is simple to use, as
> simple
> as the old system was. I found the concept of faxing as e-mailing was very
> easy to learn and implement. It built on something most people are very
> familiar with (e-mail). Network faxing/fax sharing would be a nice bonus.
> Or, at the least Fax Printer so that can be shared.
>
> Any suggestions for any product or setup are welcome.
>
>> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
>> > I've always enjoyed the simplicity (and non-bloatness) of the simple
>> > Windows
>> > fax system that started back in Win95 and Windows Messaging days (or
>> > was
>> > it
>> > even earlier than that?). Nothing realy fancy, but easy to teach anyone
>> > fax who knew how to e-mail. And the added benefit of storing all faxes
>> > within an Outlook folder.
>> >
>> > But no more. It's gone with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. No more fax
>> > sharing
>> > using a folder for the share either. No more fax/mail within Outlook.
>> > Or
>> > is
>> > it gone? Does anyone know a simple way to fax within Outlook 2003 and
>> > Windows XP? Appreciated.

0
russval (3097)
> Points all well taken (except one: Windows 95 was a long time ago--and
that
> was the last time a Windows OS Fax Service supported sharing).

Not wanting to bite the hand that's feeding me <g>, but I have a shared fax
set up on a Win98 system (or maybe it's Win98SE) and it still does what it
always did when it was Win95 system, shared the fax on a network and allowed
multiple users to send faxes over the network and trigger the fax modem to
dispatch them.

> The inescapable conclusion from what I've seen is that Microsoft has
> abandoned fax without having the courtesy to tell us so. Windows XP Fax is
> notoriously unreliable. I can't imagine anyone ever deploying it in a
> production situation. Integration with Outlook has been reduced to a
> meaningless level.

Agreed. Withthe increase in e-mail, I can see how fax isn't that important,
but lots of people still use it. I don't, but I know lots fo offices that
do.

> I have no idea how large the potential market for reliable faxing from
> Outlook really is. I haven't the time nor the inclination to test the
third
> party offerings that might fill this niche. The only thing I know for sure
> is that Symantec's are non-contenders.

Agreed 100%. I stripped that excuse for a fax client about an hour into
using it. Yeach!

> If I were you I would take a look at one of the Internet Faxing services
> that have been anointed to integrate with Outlook 2003. I've used the
Venali
> Service with great success and have even been able to cobble out a way to
do
> fax merges with it.

Will check into it.

If anyone else is reading this thread and has used WinFax (suggested by a
friend), I'd like to hear your experiences.

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Fax sharing went away a long time ago.
> >
> > If it did, I didn't notice. Still doing it on a Win98 system with
Outlook
> > 2000. :-)
> >
> >> That has nothing to do with Outlook.
> >
> > My understanding is that MS stripped the functionality out of Windows XP
> > for
> > whatever reason -- money, don't care, didn't realise, whatever.
> >
> >> Not much else has changed. Windows XP Fax is still a valid transport
for
> > Outlook 2003.
> >
> > The problem is that Windows XP Fax is pretty unreliable. I've seen
several
> > systems that can't receive randomly. And using XP Fax is Outlook is no
> > longer as simple and seamless as using Wind95/8 Fax with O2K or WM was.
> >
> >> What trouble are you having?
> >
> > Trying to come up with a Fax client/system that is simple to use, as
> > simple
> > as the old system was. I found the concept of faxing as e-mailing was
very
> > easy to learn and implement. It built on something most people are very
> > familiar with (e-mail). Network faxing/fax sharing would be a nice
bonus.
> > Or, at the least Fax Printer so that can be shared.
> >
> > Any suggestions for any product or setup are welcome.
> >
> >> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message

0
Peter
2/17/2005 4:04:53 AM
Of course. But that is still the same fax module that was designed for
Windows 95. It was only provided as an add-on with Windows 98.
--
> [...]
>> > whatever reason -- money, don't care, didn't realise, whatever.

> for
>> > Outlook 2003.
>> >
>> > The problem is that Windows XP Fax is pretty unreliable. I've seen
> several
>> > systems that can't receive randomly. And using XP Fax is Outlook is no
>> > longer as simple and seamless as using Wind95/8 Fax with O2K or WM was.

>> > Trying to come up with a Fax client/system that is simple to use, as
>> > simple
>> > as the old system was. I found the concept of faxing as e-mailing was
> very
>> > easy to learn and implement. It built on something most people are very
>> > familiar with (e-mail). Network faxing/fax sharing would be a nice
> bonus.
>> > Or, at the least Fax Printer so that can be shared.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions for any product or setup are welcome.

0
russval (3097)
2/17/2005 9:36:16 AM
Peter D <please@.sk> wrote:

> If anyone else is reading this thread and has used WinFax (suggested
> by a friend), I'd like to hear your experiences.

Reports in this and other Outlook groups indicate that most (all?) versions
of WinFax do not integrate well with Outlook 2003.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
> Of course. But that is still the same fax module that was designed for
> Windows 95. It was only provided as an add-on with Windows 98.

Then it was supported in Win98 and was a Fax Service that supported sharing.
Let's agree that it's a mitpick and move on. :-)
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> >> Points all well taken (except one: Windows 95 was a long time ago--and
> > that
> >> was the last time a Windows OS Fax Service supported sharing).
> >
> > Not wanting to bite the hand that's feeding me <g>, but I have a shared
> > fax
> > set up on a Win98 system (or maybe it's Win98SE) and it still does what
it
> > always did when it was Win95 system, shared the fax on a network and
> > allowed
> > multiple users to send faxes over the network and trigger the fax modem
> > dispatch them.
> >
> >> The inescapable conclusion from what I've seen is that Microsoft has
> >> abandoned fax without having the courtesy to tell us so. Windows XP Fax
> >> is
> >> notoriously unreliable. I can't imagine anyone ever deploying it in a
> >> production situation. Integration with Outlook has been reduced to a
> >> meaningless level.
> >
> > Agreed. Withthe increase in e-mail, I can see how fax isn't that
> > important,
> > but lots of people still use it. I don't, but I know lots fo offices
that
> > do.
> >
> >> I have no idea how large the potential market for reliable faxing from
> >> Outlook really is. I haven't the time nor the inclination to test the
> > third
> >> party offerings that might fill this niche. The only thing I know for
> >> sure
> >> is that Symantec's are non-contenders.
> >
> > Agreed 100%. I stripped that excuse for a fax client about an hour into
> > using it. Yeach!
> >
> >> If I were you I would take a look at one of the Internet Faxing
services
> >> that have been anointed to integrate with Outlook 2003. I've used the
> > Venali
> >> Service with great success and have even been able to cobble out a way
> > do
> >> fax merges with it.
> >
> > Will check into it.
> >
> > If anyone else is reading this thread and has used WinFax (suggested by
> > friend), I'd like to hear your experiences.
> >
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message

> > Outlook

> > for

> > several

> > very
> > bonus.

> > anyone
> > faxes

0
Peter
2/17/2005 2:44:20 PM
I've used WinFax Pro for many years but I abandoned it recently due to its
problems with Outlook 2003 and some problems (that I've mostly overcome in
Outlook 2002). I purchased a nice networkable HP all in one fax, copier,
scanner, color inkjet for not very much money and it has a nice Ethernet
port that lets every computer on my network print/fax/scan with it. It's not
integrated with Outlook and doesn't use the Outlook address book but since
WinFax doesn't do that very well either with Outlook 2002 and 2003 it's not
much of a loss to me.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Points all well taken (except one: Windows 95 was a long time ago--and
> that
>> was the last time a Windows OS Fax Service supported sharing).
>
> Not wanting to bite the hand that's feeding me <g>, but I have a shared
> fax
> set up on a Win98 system (or maybe it's Win98SE) and it still does what it
> always did when it was Win95 system, shared the fax on a network and
> allowed
> multiple users to send faxes over the network and trigger the fax modem to
> dispatch them.
>
>> The inescapable conclusion from what I've seen is that Microsoft has
>> abandoned fax without having the courtesy to tell us so. Windows XP Fax
>> is
>> notoriously unreliable. I can't imagine anyone ever deploying it in a
>> production situation. Integration with Outlook has been reduced to a
>> meaningless level.
>
> Agreed. Withthe increase in e-mail, I can see how fax isn't that
> important,
> but lots of people still use it. I don't, but I know lots fo offices that
> do.
>
>> I have no idea how large the potential market for reliable faxing from
>> Outlook really is. I haven't the time nor the inclination to test the
> third
>> party offerings that might fill this niche. The only thing I know for
>> sure
>> is that Symantec's are non-contenders.
>
> Agreed 100%. I stripped that excuse for a fax client about an hour into
> using it. Yeach!
>
>> If I were you I would take a look at one of the Internet Faxing services
>> that have been anointed to integrate with Outlook 2003. I've used the
> Venali
>> Service with great success and have even been able to cobble out a way to
> do
>> fax merges with it.
>
> Will check into it.
>
> If anyone else is reading this thread and has used WinFax (suggested by a
> friend), I'd like to hear your experiences.

0
kenslovak (742)

Excel 2003 Not Closing
Iam evaluating Office Professional 2003. All seems fine, apart from Excel, which will not close! It will open files, and I can close the files, re-open them, save them etc., but I Cannot exit the program itself, which is somewhat annoying! ...

outlook help !!!
Hello...I recently created a new sent item file in outlook express by creating an "old" sent file. Prior to this i exported all my files to outlook. It seems that any sent message after June 2002 never got exported, yet everything else from every other file did? Where can i still view my old sent messages...HELP ! In article <007f01c3c3eb$2aa5b6a0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, bdaler@aol.com says... |Hello...I recently created a new sent item file in outlook |express by creating an "old" sent file. Prior to this i |exported all my files to outlook. It seems that any se...

Install Fax Component Windows XP 2000 Home Edition
Fire likes plastic. I have no cd anymore. I have tried and searched to find a way to install the fax or download a replacement. Can anyone help? A modem often comes with fax software "candeapplered" <candeapplered@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:465FAD8B-204E-4EC8-BCF9-98577B4BB85C@microsoft.com... > Fire likes plastic. I have no cd anymore. I have tried and searched to > find > a way to install the fax or download a replacement. Can anyone help? ...

Outlook 2003 Got Corrupted
I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Office 2003 and this has been running fine for the last 8 months. I do not download any updates to Office 2007 since I don't want it and have not paid for it. Today I downloaded the latest updates and after I rebooted Outlook 2007 became my default e-mail program and wanted me to enter the key. Since I did not want this I exited. I then clicked Outlook 2003 icon and got message "Cannot start Office Outlook MAPI32.dll is corrupt Please reinstall Outlook. I tried to reinstall but get same message again. What can I do? Not very happy! I...

How to ... FAX... ?
How to send the FAX using Microsoft outlook? Outlook 2002. Thanks, Smith In news:eJtlc0TcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Smith <Hose_smith_Ireland@hotmail.com> typed: > How to send the FAX using Microsoft outlook? > Outlook 2002. > Thanks, > Smith You need fax software to do this. Seems to me it would depend on your fax software, which you neglected to mention. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Smith" <Hose_smith_Ireland@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJtlc0TcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to send the FAX using Microsoft outlook? >...

Resizing a splitter window
I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter gets smaller when the window size is reduced. Can someone please help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter > gets smaller when the window size is reduced. > > Can someone please help? When the size is changed the parent window (CMainFrame, usually) gets the WM_SIZE message. Add a message handler for it. In the handler, call splitter functions like SetColumnInfo to resize as desired. Then call the splitter's RecalcLayout. Caution: the...

Outlook Rule not forwarding mail
I am trying to set up a rule which, among other actions, forwards the mail to other recipients. All other actions work e.g. move original mail to a folder but the forwarding is not working. Any ideas ?? I have same issue. Connected to Exchange Server 5.5. I am attempting to forward to non-exchange email recipients (some of them Web based email accounts.) Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >John, > >Are you connected to an Exchange server? If so, which version? > >Also, are you trying to forward these emails to people in different email >domains? > >Thank...

Outlook sync question
I have 2 computers, I have set up my outlook profile on both...my question is why my personal Calendars, Inbox, sent and deleted folders synchronize correctly but my tasks and contacts don't? Regards What version of Outlook are you using? How are you syncing the two of them? What kind of server? What kind of mail account? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Kamel" <Kame...

How to use Microsoft Outlook for Outlook Express User?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use Microsoft Outlook for Outlook Express User? For example, how to import Outlook Express folder into Outllook? how to change and move .pst file into different drive and folder? Any FAQ for Microsoft Outlook Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Outlook needs to be configured and working on the same PC as OE Within OE export msgs to Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm www.slipstick.com "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D34A08A1-6112-4CB3-B7A9-754813B4D...

Excel 2000 file when opened in Excel 2003 generates errors?
Ok - Im going crazy with this one. When I open an Excel 2000 file in my Windows XP (sp2) Excel 2003 I get the following.... "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" which then generally butchers the file (sometimes does almost ok in trying to "repair" it). I have tried this on two separate computers with Excel 2003 - same results. NOTE: Excel 2000 opens it perfectly on third pc. I have virus scanned, ad-awared, uninstalled Excel 2003 and reinstalled. No luck. Sample file is available at http:...

Outlook Field Names
I have many Contacts with multiple e:Mail addresses. I entered them in my Contacts as E-mail, E-mail 2 & E-mail 3. Problem is, when I go to send a message to the individual, the individual's name is listed 3 times, followed by (E-mail), (E-mail 2) and (E-mail 3), and I need to right-click each one and select Properties in order to determine which entry contains the e:Mail address I want to send to. Is there any way I can change these field names (ie; Pers e:Mail, Work e:Mail, etc)? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

Outlook Add in toolbar doesnt appear when i open the mail message
Hi all... I have installed Outlook Add in on Office 2003 on a few computers. It works on all of them but there is one comuter which the installation works well and the Outlook Add in isntalls fine. However, when i try to open a message so i can assign it to a CASE, then i cannot see the "Track in CRM" and the "Regarding" button and there is no way to add the toolbar of the Microsoft CRM. Did anyone experiance this and knows how to solve it? Thanks a lot.....:-) At several customers I've seen the problem where the CRM Toolbar disappears or gets 'greyed out' ...

Faxing help
I need a program to fax a sheet of a Excel spread sheet by it's sel every sunday. Does anyone know how i could do this? :confused: Thanks Jame -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47517 My Excel 2003 has a built-in function: File -> Send To... -> Recipient using Internet Fax Service. If you have MS Outlook, you can also try adding a contact with the fax number you ...

Visual Foxpro conversion for Access 2003
In Access 2000 I was able to import from Foxpro, under the option of File Type being ODBC and then the tab for Machine Data sources. This option set is not present in Access 2003, and I cannot load Access 2000 on my new XP- based machines as my upgrade path on the old machine was going back to upgrades which my new machine won't allow me to install the old CDs on. Thanks in advance. Hi Pete, I'm not an Access guru but here's what worked - If you Ctrl+F1 to bring up the task pane and choose Blank database (top of the list) you get an MDB instead of an ADP. With the MDB yo...

Outlook #93
I just upgraded my OS to XP-Pro and my Office to XP-Pro. After the upgrades were installed I went to Windows Update and installed all the updates that were made since SP1 and then done the same for Office Updates. One of the updates SP1 downloaded and then quit the install telling me to download again and try to reinstall. When I go to down load it says the file is already downloaded... Where is it and how can I fix this problem? The Office products seem to work ok except for Outlook!! It freezes up on a regular bases when downloading mail, opening mail, sending mail, and it seem...

Outlook 2000 Calendar Search Problem
When I try and do a search using the "Find" command in Outlook calendar 2000 a list of results pop up for a second and then the screen goes to a blank search result with the comment no results found. Can anyone help. This function used to work fine. My "Find" function works in all other Personal folders. ...

Server 2003 Fax Service
I hope this is the right group, and I hope someone here can help give me some ideas of where to start with this. I set up the fax service on Windows Server 2003. The modem is on the hardware compatibility list; it is a MultiTech World Modem Desktop Business Modem (connected via USB). Receiving faxes works just fine. But sending faxes usually doesn't. The most frequent problem is that sent faxes come across a piece at a time - I'll try to explain - a one-page fax of just a cover sheet can show up on the other end as 6 pages, each with a little more of the picture, but...

Tahoma font missing from Outlook?!?
Hi, Just today when I opened Outlook I received an error message that the Tahoma font was not found and I needed to run Detect and Restore to correct that. I did, I still get the error message, but when I check my fonts Tahoma is still listed. What gives? How do I correct this problem so that the message stops appearing? Thanx, Mike Do you have a printer other than the generic printer installed? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Mike Coomer <michaelcoomer@attbi.com> typed: | Hi, | Ju...

Outlook 2000
Is there any way to set up Outlook to pull TWO default Signatures when generating e-mail? I would like to set up one Signature with my name/phone/etc.. this one would not be changed. Another Signature would be for a tag line that would periodically change. My objective is to have both messages included, automatically, with each new e-mail. Thanks, Steve ...

Help settings up SBS 2003 with PPPoE
Hey everyone, We currently have a server in our office running sbs 2003 with a single NIC with client computers connected. We were just using a dynamic IP through DSL, but switched out to a static. I am working on setting up the static through PPPoE but know adjustments must be made. Can anyone guide me through the setup? I had trouble finding a guide online. Do I need to switch to a two NIC config? What adjustments need to be made through the router and sbs connection set up? I'm a little confused on all of it. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks Alex What r...

outlook.exe shutting down
I have been running Outlook 2002 for quite a while and have been very satisfied except for one thing. If I click on an email link on a web page (mailto:), my mail composing window opens by itself without the full outlook program opening which is fine with me. The problem is that after I send the mail this way "OUTLOOK.EXE" does not shut down on its own as it does when I send mail when the full program is open. I am running WinXP HE SP1. Is there a fix for this. What I do now is go into task manager and shut it down manually. Thanks in advance for any replies! ...

Outlook 2010 Beta and Exchange 2003
Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop. Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange 2003? When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem. papparuff -- papparuff http://forums.slipstick.com I have it working successfully here so yes. How are you configuring your ...

Pub 2003
Where a portion of one picture is on top of another, is it possible to have transparency (& adjust the amount of) on just the overlapping portion? Hoping the answer is yes, and how it's done. TIA Gary If you are using a photo or other bitmap images you will have to set the transparency in a paint program. Bring the original and the transparent image into Publisher, Stack the two, crop the transparent image to where it overlaps, send the original to the back. It will be the same procedure if you are using autoshapes, but you can set the transparency in Publisher. Vector clipart ca...

Merge Contact within Account
When merging Accounts, if a contact is defined in both accounts, once the merge is complete, you now have duplicate contacts. is there any way to have the merge cross accounts/contacts to eliminate the duplication of contact records after the merge of the accounts? Any input is appreciated. Thank you, ...

Outlook attachments #35
Recently our office upgrading to Outlook 2003. Most of our Directors still use Outlook Express 6.0. Within the office we can send/receive attachments. Directors using Outlook can receive attachements. Directors using Outlook express can not receive attachements. The security settings are fine. Any suggestions? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option; Do not allow... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right foru...