Favorite Folder error?

When I first added all my email accounts to outlook the favorite folders
populated with an inbox from each account.  I did not want this so I removed
all the inboxes keeping only unread email and for follow up.  However,  not
very long after I set this up all my inboxes are back again.  How can I
prevent this or disable favorite folders.  O and I like going to Personal
Folder view when outlook opens which puts me in the folder Mail view so only
running out of folder view does not solve this annoyance.

Anyone who can help I would appreciate it

~addam

you can't disable favorite folders but you can start in folder list. when
outlook doesn't shut down properly it can corrupt the file that contains the
favorites information and it creates a new one next time - that's why they
come back.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003/interface.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Addam" <red_camaro_78@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I first added all my email accounts to outlook the favorite folders
> populated with an inbox from each account.  I did not want this so I
> removed all the inboxes keeping only unread email and for follow up.
> However,  not very long after I set this up all my inboxes are back again.
> How can I prevent this or disable favorite folders.  O and I like going to
> Personal Folder view when outlook opens which puts me in the folder Mail
> view so only running out of folder view does not solve this annoyance.
>
> Anyone who can help I would appreciate it
>
> ~addam

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Custom Web Service: Soap error in WhoAmI() Method
Hello, Here is the issue: CRM 1.2 installed on Windows 2003 SP1 on the "CRM" domain. I have created a web service that automatically share a case within a team. The web service is called from a Post URL in a workflow rule at the creation of the case. The paramater passed to the Web Service is "incidentid" I have tested the web service locally, by calling the URL in Internet Explorer (logged with my CRMAdmin) and it works perfectly. Now if I try to test from the CRM app locally or remotely (still using my CRMAdmin) it does not work. From the Web service trace I can ...

Error message when attempting to open Publisher 2000.
Publisher 2000 suddenly stopped responding, produces error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled program a few times but new installations give same results. Thanks for all help! Roz haroz wrote: > Publisher 2000 suddenly stopped responding, produces > error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled > program a few times but new installations give same > results. > Thanks for all help! Roz ============================== What is the error message? -- *Notice* This is not tech support. I am only a volunteer..... Solutions that work for me may n...

home folder
After migrating users from one domain to another, home folder do not work. In the Active Directory Users and computers, Home folder is defined but when the user logs on it shows the local my documents? Server 2008 Howdie! polilop wrote: > After migrating users from one domain to another, home folder do not work. > In the Active Directory Users and computers, Home folder is defined but > when the user logs on it shows the local my documents? > Server 2008 Have you checked the location of the home folder is correct in the user properties? Do users have access to...

Public Folder rules
We use thousands of mail enabled public folders. Some of these folders use rules to forward received messages to another mailbox. I try to forward a message received from a specific SMTP domain, like '@microsoft.com'. By some SMTP domains the rules are applied (@zonnet.nl), but by others not. I raise the Exchange diagnostic logging (Information Store / Public Folders / Rules) to high and notice that the rules on the 'problem' folders are not started. (There are no events in the event viewer). We use Exchange 2003 SP2 in combination with Outlook 2003 SP3. Wh...

user access public folders with no restrictions
i have an exchange server 2003, we want to use shared public folders. I have a public folder call sales and a couple of calender under it, i set the permission on the folder in exc manager. we can access it inside and out. BUT the problem i found is that when i just goto servername/public, on my brouser inside the network .... i have full access - no restrictions You'd be wise to check what the Default and Anonymous permissions are set to on the public folder. Also, if you created the Public Folder, you will by default be an owner, with no restrictions. Also, keep in mind ...

Favorites not displayed in favorites menu
Hi I have a Vista machine that does not display any favourites in the IE favourites menu. However, they are displayed in the favourites folder when using Windows Explorer. This was happening in IE7 and I had hoped that installing IE8 it would correct the problem. No such luck. Any help would be most appreciated Regards Grandad Hi, Is the Favorites folder in its default location at Local Disk(C)\Users\your account name\Favorites ? - Don [MS MVP- IE] "Grandad" <mick@sherwooditsolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23xHxilb7KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP...

Offline Address Book Error #3
We have recently introduced an Exchange 2003 server to replace our original Exchange 2000 box. However the Offlince Address Book is not working correctly. The following error message appears in the Event Log at the time whne the daily scheduled rebuild of the address book occurs: 07/10/2004 11:00:46 MSExchangeSA Warning OAL Generator 9116 N/A DSSVR6 "OALGen encountered an error while generating the changes.oab file for differential downloads of address list '\Global Address List'. Clients will not be able to incrementally update to the new version of the offline addr...

Error 2042 #2
Dear Guru, I have this Dim nameInput as String nameInput = InputBox("Please specify the value of NAME that you want to filter." "Specify State") If nameInput = "" Then Exit Sub End If For x = 1 To FinalRow NameValue = range("AA" & x).Value ' check Name first If (StrComp(NameValue, nameInput, 1) = 0) Then ... ... Next x In above code, when I run the macro, it showed error in StrComp, where when I mouseover to NameValue, it showed the "NameValue = Error 2042". WHY ????? In Co...

Visio 2007 Error Upon Exit
Hi, Each time I exit from Visio 2007, an error occurs stating that MS Visio has stopped working and needs to be restarted. I surfed the web and realised that the problem can be resolved by disabling the Send to Bluetooth COM Add-Ins. However, when I attempt to remove/deselect the Add-In, a dislog box pops up saying "The connected state of Office Add-Ins registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed". May I know how to go above resolving this problem? Would be great if anyone can help. Running on Vista Business, Visio 2007. Thank you!! iz. I think that this is due to...

text files in exchangedb folder
in the past couple of days there has been a lot of 5MB text files building up in the exchangedb folder. These files start with E0008**** and are numbered sequentially. No changes have been made on the exchange server. We have not been able to indentify the source of these files. They look like log files, but never had the amount of files to this extent in the past. Can someone advise me how to or what to turn off whatever is creating these files. There were so many when we discovered this the other day, they filled up the hard drive and made email inaccessible. Running exchange se...

Outlook is synchronizing folders -- forever
Outlook 2003 often (at least once a day) says it is synchronizing folders. Once it begins, though, it never stops until I end Outlook with task manager. I am running Windows XP Pro with SP1 applied. Any reasonable help would be greatly appreciated as Outlook, as it stands now, is unusable. ...

Shared Mailbox folders
I found the fix for directing deleted e-mails to the correct Deleted Folder when using a Shared Mailbox. Now I need to figure out how to have the e-mails I send from the shared mailbox go to the Sent Folder under the Shared Mailbox and not my personal Sent Folder. Take alook at UniSent application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer > I found the fix for directing deleted e-mails to the > correct Deleted Folder when using a Shared Mailbox. > > Now I need to figure out how to have the e-mails I send > from th...

Multiple Personal Folders
For some reason, Outlook has decided to duplicate everything. I have multiple copies of the "Outlook Today Personal Folders". Everytime I close a reopen Outlook it adds another complete set of folders. How can I get rid of them? "Stephen" <stevs2@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:025d01c34e6a$dc9fdcb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > For some reason, Outlook has decided to duplicate > everything. I have multiple copies of the "Outlook Today > Personal Folders". Everytime I close a reopen Outlook it > adds another complete set of folders. How can I g...

stuck in an error loop
I had created an array using the frequency function. I tried to delete the last cell in my array. Alas, what a mistake. I got stuck with an error message that explained to me that changing an array was not acceptable. However, the undo function would not let me replace it with what I had. Excel locked up and whatever I clicked on just repeated the array error mistake. I had to use task manager to exit Excel and lost all that I had not previously saved. Was there some other option to exit from an error message? If you simply selected the cell and tried to delete, the mes...

error adding new Schema Field 04-21-04
Hi, When I attempt to add a new schema field to the "Lead" object in the Deployment Manager, I get the following error: "An error occured during the addtion of the new field. The addition failed." In the event log, I there are two relevant entries: "dmLog: Failed to add new Picklist attribute (CFPsolution) to Lead entity" and "dmLog: sp_repladdcolumn failed. - Timeout expired" I've previously successfully added a pickup list called "Sector" with 9 values. Therefore I don't think I've exceeded the 8000 char row limit. Apart from...

compile error #3
Every time I start excel (2002) I receive an error message: "compile error in hidden module: TBRun97". If I click "HELP" on the error message, I get an empty help window. If I click "OK", the error message goes away and I am able to work in excel. The same error occurs when I exit the program. Help please. Here's an MSKB article that describes Don's response: XL: Compile Error in Hidden Module Tbrun97.xls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 Leo wrote: > > Every time I start excel (2002) I receive an error >...

Turning off: "group by" feature & Favorites Folder
Hi, I recently made the transition from Outlook Express to Outlook. Words cannot express how much I despise the "group by" feature. I'm referring to the behavior of email folders in which emails are folded into a tree-like hierarchy based upon the column used for sorting. Using View|Arrange By|Current View|Customize, I'm able to turn off this feature on a folder-by-folder basis. Because I have literally dozens of folders, with many more to come, I'd prefer not to have to manually configure each folder. Searching google yields recommendations to use the Define V...

Favorite Folders View
Is there any way to remove the text "in Personal Folder" that shows after ther Personal Folder name in the Favorite Folders view. I have a number of personal folders and it's most irritating to see that piece of text after each folder name. Also, I end up having to drag the pane about a third of the way right eating up precious screen estate. This is definitley not an improvement! Thanks! Vidya No. I leave my pane narrow enough to hide the 'in public folders' text... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, On...

Sql error: Error # 2147217871 Time out expired.
I'm going to continue searching the web on this, but figured I'd ask if anybody has come across this error in RMS? "it Says Error # 2147217871 Time out expired. (Source: Microsoft OLE provider for SQL server Error in Post Transaction Entries) That comes up after about five minutes of nothing. Then hit OK and Run-time Error pops up. Then hit OK and Every thing shuts down and have to restart. At this point the sale does not seem to be recorded in all areas. " Thanks for any assistance in advance, again, I'll continue searching.... Wendy_I, If you are using M...

Upgrade to Outlook 2007 lost calendar favorites??
ok to make a long story short: we have been using office 2003 pro for a few years now, decided to upgrade to 2007 Pro a few weeks ago. We have multiple departmental calendars created in the public folder of our exchange server. These are added as favorites, and are located under the "other calendars" section in calendars. After the upgrade to 2007, about half of the users cannot see the public folder calendars in their outlook. one was having this problem, and i started clicking around, and they showed up magically? All of the users are configured the same way(i set them all...

CRM 4
We had a CRM 4 setup which was working successfully: - Server 1 is a Windows 2003 Server with CRM Server installed - Server 2 is a Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005, Reporting Services with CRM Data connector installed The SQL 2005 server was upgraded to SQL 2008 Enterprise. After the installation and rebooting, the CRM Server was working apart from Reports. REPORT ERROR MESSAGES ====================== When a report is run from a CLIENT machine, the following error appears - "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." [WebException: The request failed with HTTP status...

Sending and Receiving Error?
Ever since I upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Office XP (Outlook 2002, SP-2 on Win 2K), I have been getting lots of errors with one of the two mail servers I use (Comcast). The message in the Details box is always some variation of this: ---- Task '2 Comcast - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ??K' ---- The "server responded" code is sometimes a bit different, but generally looks ...

Error code 3021 in the QSImport Utility Log
We are trying to import Inventory items and about 10% of the records show up in the error log with an error code. We've examined the records, in our Excel file and the Tab delimited conversion file, and they look OK. An example error code looks like [00110 00003021] ...

Change Default Folders?
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 in English version. Our clients use Outlook 2003 in German. When the login to Exchange over RPC over HTTPS they have Outlook folder in both languages. The default folder for Outlook are folders in English. But they want change their default folder from English to German and delete the folders in English. To start Outlook with switch /resetfoldernames did not solve the problem. How can they change the default folders? How can we fix this problem? Thanks in advance. Mustafa ...

Public Folder Permission inheritance #2
I'm trying to deny (actually remove the "create public folder") permission for the everyone group in ESM Exchange 2003. However, each level up I get inherited permissions. Where is this inherited from and how do I uninherite them without screwing things up? I only want to remove the above stated permission. I believe that I can uncheck "inherit permissions from parent" and then copy permissions, but is that the right thing to do? TIA Bobby "BJ" <bjanow@nospam.msn.com> wrote: >I'm trying to deny (actually remove the "create public ...