False Unread Email Message

Although I have read all my email messages, I am getting a
message from Outlook 2003 that says I have one unread mail
message.

Wrong:  I have searched all my mail folders, including the
archives, and found no unread messages.

I have closed and re-opened Outlook, and restarted Windows
XP, all to no avail.

Anybody have a fix?

Barney
0
anonymous (74721)

Do you have any views set on the folder?  Right click on the toolbar and
select to display the advanced toolbar.  In the View Window, ensure it is
set to All Messages, not a filtered one.  Also, ensure that your folder is
not sorted using the Icon column, but the Received column.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Barney Bornn asked:

| Although I have read all my email messages, I am getting a
| message from Outlook 2003 that says I have one unread mail
| message.
|
| Wrong:  I have searched all my mail folders, including the
| archives, and found no unread messages.
|
| I have closed and re-opened Outlook, and restarted Windows
| XP, all to no avail.
|
| Anybody have a fix?
|
| Barney

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/3/2004 4:43:27 PM
Thanks for your response!

No, I don't have any views set.  View window is set=20
to "Messages," and the folders are sorted on the Received=20
column.

I still get the message.

Barney
Window, ensure it is=20
>set to All Messages, not a filtered one.  Also, ensure=20
that your folder is=20
>not sorted using the Icon column, but the Received column.
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Barney Bornn asked:

>| Although I have read all my email messages, I am=20
getting a
>| message from Outlook 2003 that says I have one unread=20
mail
>| message.
>|
>| Wrong:  I have searched all my mail folders, including=20
the
>| archives, and found no unread messages.
>|
>| I have closed and re-opened Outlook, and restarted=20
Windows
>| XP, all to no avail.
>|
>| Anybody have a fix?
>|
>| Barney=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
4/3/2004 9:11:54 PM
Can you use Advanced Find and select Unread Messages to search for?  When
you find it, mark it as read.

--�

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| Thanks for your response!
|
| No, I don't have any views set.  View window is set
| to "Messages," and the folders are sorted on the Received
| column.
|
| I still get the message.
|
| Barney

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/4/2004 5:39:40 PM
I did that, and could find no unread messages.

However, the problem has gone away after I received=20
several emails and either responded, filed, or deleted=20
them.

So thanks for your help... I guess it will have to be=20
filed in the puzzle box!

Barney
search for?  When=20
>you find it, mark it as read.
>
>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:
>
>| Thanks for your response!
>|
>| No, I don't have any views set.  View window is set
>| to "Messages," and the folders are sorted on the=20
Received
>| column.
>|
>| I still get the message.
>|
>| Barney
View Window,
>|| ensure it is set to All Messages, not a filtered one. =20
Also, ensure
>|| that your folder is not sorted using the Icon column,=20
but the
>|| Received column.
>|| --=81
>|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail=20
sent to my
>|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
>|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer, Barney
>|| Bornn asked:
getting a
including the
Windows
>|| .=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)

Why do I receive blank emails in Outlook 2003?
I have an msn email account. I use Outlook 2003 for email purposes. Everday, about 10% of my emails download as blank. The inbox shows an envelope but no subject, from, to or message body. If I log in to hotmail or msn the email message is there (I do have the time stamp so can figure it out) but it is not coming through to Outlook. Outlook makes archiving and retrieving emails so much easier, I would prefer to work in Outlook. But this is not going to work if I only get a random sample of my emails. It is not always the same person and it has nothing to do with attachment...

Outlook 2000 email #3
Everytime I send an email it goes to my outbox. Why dosen't it get sent out? Do they accumulate there forever? Are there any warning messages when you click on Send? If you press F5 (Send/Receive) do you get any error messages? "Mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ad01c4aa42$17ac5570$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Everytime I send an email it goes to my outbox. Why > dosen't it get sent out? My setup does the same, I don't know why it is - if its a bug or a setting orjust the way outlook works. If I try to close Outlook it war...

Circular reference email
On my previous email about circular reference, I forgot to include my email message Thanks Frank Pittman ...

Restrict emails being forwarded
I am just wondering if there is a way of being able to stop emails being forwarded on.? Any susgestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks Rodney Not really. Email was not designed to be secure. There's no surefire method - lots of third party stuff that purports to make it work, but it can generally be bypassed. For example, you can't stop someone from copying & pasting, and you can't stop someone from taking a screenshot of their desktop and sending the graphics file along. Rodney wrote: > I am just wondering if there is a way of being able to > stop emails b...

Missing emails in inbox outlook 2000
Hi all, I have a user who's had over 100 emails in their inbox. When they came in this morning, there were 4. I cannot find any trace of the emails in any folders, inc. deleted items. I cannot find any trace of them when logging into webmail. Does anyone know what is causing this? I have never seen this before and we have over 400 users. Thanks for any help you can provide. Dave. On 27 May 2004 16:46, "David Mew" wrote: >Hi all, > >I have a user who's had over 100 emails in their inbox. >When they came in this morning, there were 4. I cannot find ...

No incoming Emails
Hi I have no incoming mail on my new Exchange 2003 Server. I have an existing Exchange 5.5 server that is register with a MX record of mailserver.mycomp.com, which there is no problem for incoming or outgoing. Then I have an Exchange 2003 Server who cannot recieve any incoming emails at all ( no issues with outbound mail). The Exchange 2003 server MX record is mailserver2.mycomp.com I cannot get mail flowing between the Exchange 5.5 server with Exchange 2003. Then there is also the fact that I cannot get internet email as well. Can anyone tell me what I am ...

EnableEvents = False not working ???
Code below is on the sheet where I've put ActiveX combo box named cboOthProv, for which the linked cell is A1. If I put a stop on the very first line, then step through, at line Range("A1") = "" execution jumps back to the start, as if events had never been disabled. Isn't the change to the combo box through its linked cell an event? And if it is, then why doesn't Application.EnableEvents = False keep it from triggering the combo box change code to begin again? This is seriously sending me around the bend. Any clues/advice are most...

Disappearing email
I am having a problem with disappearing emails in my Outlook inbox after a new install of XP PRO ( with SP2) and Outlook 2003 (Service pack 1) I had problems connecting with my ISP, that was resolved by Bellsouth with some configuration settings, but they are unable to help with this email problem. If I send/receive, I can see various emails come up in the inbox, and as more messages download, the earliest messages start disappearing, one by one, until ALL are gone. They don't go into the deleted folders or spam folders. I tried turning off the XP's built in popup blocker, as wel...

unable to deliver email
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 11/3/2003 8:55 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: personxyz.com on 11/3/2003 8:55 AM 550 5.7.1 <personxyz>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [216.233.56.224] -------------------------- You help is GREATLY appreciated. I can be reached at dbensonkdsgroupinc.com ...

Attachment description in email body
I am using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to have make a notation of the filename being sent as an attachment in the body of the email? In other words, when I send an email with an attachment, I would like to be able to file the sent mail in a folder without the attachment but with a notation/comment of the name of the attachment. not by default. Mapilabs.com has a utility that removes attachments as do several others - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for a complete list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, ...

Workflow Email
I have a workflow created (v3) that sends an email at a certain date. CRM sends the email from the entity owner. I would like the email to be from a more generic email address (ie generalsupport@xxx.com). Is there a way to do this? It could be a constant for every email in the worklfow. There seem to be no controls on the FROM aspect of the email. Thanks Heather ...

Exchange 5.5 Migration question
In Exchange 5.5, I was able to use the Internet Mail Service Connections tab to configure DNS for Message Delivery. In this tab, there is also a "Specify by E-Mail Domain" button that allows you to enter a domain and the IP address of that domain's email server. I need to do this with our new Exchange 2003 server. How do I do this? Thanks, Mike Ober. if you mean a way to forward email bound for a specific domain to a specific IP address, you will need to configure an smtp connector on your Exchange 2003 server...you might want to look at this: http://support.microsoft....

Received date years in advance on some messages
Customers have reported issues in Outlook 2000 where the received date is years in advance on some messages. After checking the source and header all appears to be OK. All time and regional settings on the PC are current and ok too. Any ideas? ...

OUTLOOK: new messages go to UNREAD instead of INBOX
Outlook 2003 suddenly changes on me: instead of sending all new mail to Inbox - as it was set up, suddenly all new mail is sent to a UNREAD MAIL, a Search Folders under Personal Folders. Very inconvenient. i would like all my mail to go to Inbox! i did not do the change (at least not coherently). Also, there is old unread mail in the Inbox, so I suspect it is some command change I am not aware of. Please help me reverse it ASAP! The Unread folder isn't a 'real' folder. It just shows items that exist in other folders that are in an unread state. The items should probably be...

Outlook 2003 Email 02-19-10
Email will no longer close when clicking on X. If you go to file & click exit it will close sometimes, if not you have to continue doing it till it does close. Any suggestions on fixing it? dukez71 wrote: > Email will no longer close when clicking on X. If you go to file & click > exit it will close sometimes, if not you have to continue doing it till it > does close. Any suggestions on fixing it? See what happens if you run Outlook in its safe mode which does not load any add-ons that you installed into Outlook. outlook.exe /safe ...

How do I switch identity when sending emails in Outlook
Have just switched from using Outlook Express to Outlook and cannot find how to 'switch identity' when sending emails. I have 5 email accounts and need to send emails from each of them but I cannot find how to do this. I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000. Just out of curiosity, does it still shut itself down and then restart when changing identities? Thanks Jack Madlymo <Madlymo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have just switched from using Outlook Express to Outlook and cannot > find how to 'switch identity' when sending emails. I have 5 email > ac...

emails won't get delivered outside of network
My emails lock up Outlook 2000 when trying to send out of the network. Intra-network emails still work. I still receive emails from outside. But emails get stuck in my Outbox. I can only delete the emnails by ogging off the network, retarting the computer and deleting the message. Please give me your thoughts, Thanks ...

PST files emails save?
I had an a new computer repair store do some work on my lap top. (Now out business) He installed Outlook 2007. I have been using it for about 60 days. I’m getting a message from Microsoft saying Office is not Genuine. I do now have a genuine copy. Question ? what must I do (if anything) to my emails that are on my computer before I uninstall the one he put on, then install my copy. Does it all work magically and find each other? Larry Generally yes, but as with any PC operation a backup of data is allways wise. Uninstall your none genuine version, reboot, install your purch...

emails not able to come in
I can receive emails in my webpage but not in virgin email page. It states I have 49 emails to receive but when I click send/receive my pop server continues to come up. This happened before and I cleared all my mail in webmail however I have done this and still not working. Please help. "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE1BD0D3-ECC2-4781-B309-627E518EC0B8@microsoft.com... >I can receive emails in my webpage but not in virgin email page. It states >I > have 49 emails to receive but when I click send/receive my pop server &...

A receipt highlighting if an email has been deleted unread
Hi! The above says it all really, as a recruiter pitching to new businesses everyday it would be invaluable to note if an email had been deleted unread by way of a receipt. This way the client could send out a subtle message to the recruiter and this would enable us to work on other ways to win over the client rather than assuming the email had been read and diregarded for other reasons. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...

Email sent via SFO email.
Hi everybody, Is there a possibility to have the emails that are sent show in Outlook sent folder. Cause if an email is sent via SFO email it dont show in the Outlook sent folder. So we have to copy them ourself. S. Oumoulid A woman who's name I forget gave me the following workaround. It's really quite nice, though we sometimes have issues where subsequent e-mails do not get tracked by CRM: 1.) Set up your e-mails to include the Bcc field (blind carbon copy) 2.) Set up an Outlook Rule with the following parameters: Check e-mail when they arrive Sent to me With Specific Words...

Exchange 2000 SA reports false mailbox size
Some clients (3 so far out of 5000) report getting an email from Administrator stating that their mailbox is close to limit. When I check the actual size of the mailbox (Thru ESM and Outlook folder size) and show considerable less. Example one person got an email saying mailbox was 96mb but actually was only 56mb. No event logs that look suspicious. Scratching my head. Anybody out there ever encounter such a scenario? We have 4 Exchange 2000 Enterprise servers/clustered running Active/active. ...

Receiving wrong email
In Outlook 2003 I am receiving mail that is addressed to other people. Most of the time the message is blank but I am concerned about getting mail from strangers - and it is supposed to be going to someone else. Must be some glitch in Outlook - anyone else had this problem? Most likely they are using BCC in writing to you making you think that. BCC= Blind Carbon Copy, You can you this feature it is very nice when sending mail to a lot of addresses and worried about giving someone else's e-mail address to someone that should not have it. I am not sure if outlook express has it but I...

2 computers; double emails
I have 2 computers with live mail on them. I use the home computer daily to check and delete emails, and my laptop top only occaisonaly to check email. The problem is when I use the laptop, it will have a couple hundred emails that I already deleted or foldered on the other computer. How can I stop having to deal with each message twice? If you don't want to download all the email on both computers, you could remove WLM on the laptop, and just check your email via the webmail portal. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail ...

TRUE vs true or FALSE vs false
What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm guessing TRUE was the original way of doing things before "true" came along? The same case can be made with FALSE vs false. Thanks On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:23:44 -0500, "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote: >What exactly is the difference. This has always bothered me that this is >the case. I've noticed that you cannot substitute one for the other. I'm >guessing TRUE was th...