Failing to send e-mails with Norton outgoing mail scanning

I am running Outlook 2000 on a new machine with Windows XP
and Norton Anyivirus 2003. I usually set Outlook to
disconnect automatically after sending and receiving e-
mail, and on this new setup, when I am sending a message I
occasionally get an error message "this message was unable
to be sent because the connection to the server was
broken. You should re-send the message from your sent
items folder". As far as I can see, what happens is that
Outlook disconnects before the outgoing e-mail virus
scanning is complete.

The Norton Symantec knowlege base suggests either
disabling scanning outgoing e-mail or disabling the
automatic disconnection. I feel that the first option is
anti-social and the second option results in my forgetting
to disconnect. Are there any further alternatives?

0
anonymous (74718)

Internet Mail Service Queues
My IMS outbound message queue is allways getting messages with unknown originators. EX: Destination bottlerefill.net or wildride.biz and all of them have <> for the originator. This bugs down my bandwidth to the Internet. The Exchange is 5.5 with sp4 running on NT4.0 sp6. Routing is configured to not route incoming SMTP mail except for our own mail. I have looked in the Knowledge Base and got no answer. Please help kaene Usually this means that at some point your server was an open relay and spammers were using it to forward spam. Even after you correct the open relay problem,...

Outlook 2000 mail with attachment
I have sent out mail with a Word attachment from Outlook to recipients who use Outlook Express. They are getting the text of the message but not the Word attachment. Has anyone seen this problem and what is the fix? Bryan ...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Outlook 2003 will not send some messages
I have just purchased Office Professional 2003. I have had problems sending some emails. The emails are returned to me with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Kahr Arms dealer Inquiry Sent: 6/22/2004 1:37 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'America & John' on 6/22/2004 1:38 AM 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <dck@saeilo.com> to <blocksender@bellsouth.net> for 65.6.178.167 Hi David, this article discribe what to do to ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

E Cards?
Do not use publisher much but I thought it odd that there are ways to print cards but not create electronic cards for emailing. Has this feature been given over to third party providers or can one modify what does exist? Guidance sought It depends on what you have in mind. You can create an email with Publisher (although you need to make sure the recipent can view HTML emails) but if you mean something like what I've seen with Hallmark and Blue Mountain Arts, that's a completely different critter. Publisher is primarily meant for printed documentation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP M...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Mail TO: "Show Names From" missing folders
Hello all, Re: OL2k3: Under Contacts I have several folders including Contacts (Folder1,2.etc.) When sending a new mail the TO:. dropdown window (select names) "Show Names From The" sows only: Address Book and Contacts but not the other folders. How can I have OL show all the folders? Any solution or workaround would be much appreciated, TIA, Manuel On the Properties dialog for each folder, check the Outlook Address Book = box.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http:/...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

Recall E-Mail #3
How to recall message on web access version of ms Exchange You can't. Also note that OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "msikes@san.rr.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10ae01c49d40$c48058f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to recall message on web access version of ms Exchange ...

Remake deleted account in Windows Live Mail
Hi, is it possible to remae an acount I have removed from Windows Live Mail ? Or just a possibility to import the emails there was in the 2 account I removed ? I did not think the program would delete the emails, when I removed the account settings. Hope someone can help, as there are some emails I would like to save. Best wishes Steen Did you look on the web access for those accounts to see if the emails are still out there? "steendk" <steendk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:652B3826-1F5C-4309-99DC-7EE579109C44@microsoft.com......

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

the use of e in Excel
I have a series of part numbers that include the letter e. ( EX: 38E275 ) Excel is treating these as Exponents (I thnk) and I see the value changed into scientific notation. I know that I can change the formatting in the cell to text and it works properly but...Is there a way that I can get excel to stop treating "e" as an exponent for the whole sheet w/o changing all of my numbers to text. Thank you for your help and advice Format the cells as TEXT then enter your part identifications. "john mcmichael" <johnmcmichael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Sending Publisher newsletter via Outlook 2007 screws up formatting
I have been sending out monthly newsletters as email created in Publisher 2003. These look great in Outlook 2003. However, I recently installed Office 2007 and now the Publisher emailed newsletters (both Publisher 2003 and Publisher 2007) look terrible in Outlook 2007. I have tried everything I could. I have even created the newsletter on one of my machines that is still running Office 2003. The Publisher newsletter looks perfect when viewing it in Outlook 2003 but terrible when viewing it in Outlook 2007. How do I fix this? Suggest you make your newsletter a pdf file and attach i...

Send/Receive settings reverting on close
Help! This keeps happening to me. I try to make changes to the send/receive settings in Outlook 2003, but when I close Outlook and restart, the settings revert to the original settings. This time, I'm trying to check off "My outgoing mail server requires authentication". Everything is fine until I close and restart Outlook - then the option is UNCHECKED again. I'm logged in (always) as an administrator of my computer. ...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

Curious Mail Loop (and brain teaser)
I just experienced an enigmatic mail looping issue, anybody have any ideas to keep this from happening again? Here is the Scenario... We have a user whom works for my organization and another government agency, both organizations use Exchange 2000 but there is no interoperability between our systems other than standard SMTP email through the internet, not same AD root, forest or even remotely similar namespace. We are able to induce a loop under the following conditions.: 1. User has an exchange mailbox at both Organization A & Organization B 2. User creates an "Out of the Off...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

Problem Using Character Map in Windows Live Mail
Thanks to other posts, I have figured out how to copy and paste a symbol from the Character Map into an email that I'm typing (using Windows Live Mail on new computer running Windows 7) -- not as convenient as it was when using Outlook / XP on my old computer, but OK. The remaining problem is that the symbol, for example a letter with an acute accent, appears in 14-point size in the email that I'm typing in 10-point. Does anyone know how to make the symbol paste into the email in the same size font as the one I'm typing in? In the character map there is a Font drop ...

How do I print mailing labels?
Excel does not give the optin of printing labels like Word. I need to print 804 labels from a mailing list set up in Excel. I know it can be done, but I am just having a hard time figuring this out. Can someone help? Please? Use Word. It's called "mail merge". Here's how: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#MailMerge **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "Desperately seeking an answer" <Desperately seeki...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...

Outlook failure to send Access reports
I email reports from Access using Outlook. At times, the email will hang up in my outbox and will not send even if I open it and try to send it manually. Any of you fine folks know what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks - Ken Smith -- KMS Technical Solutions ...

Excel fails to save properly
I have a daily exercise in which I copy a web-based datagrid and paste it into an Excel workbook. It's typically up to 6,000 rows +/- and 15 columns wide. It takes a while to paste. After that I block format remove text-wrap and adjust row height and column widths to fit, change the worksheet tab to a description name, then attempt to SAVE AS "XXXX_YYYY-MM-DD.XLS". At this point the worksheet usually becomes unresponsive but not always. If I close Excel and then reopen it, the recovered file can eventually be repaired and saved. Is this a known problem? I suspect th...

Mail not sending
When I send a message the mail appears in the outbox and will sit there until I click a new folder, or click the new email button. Clicking the send/receive button does not move the mail. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps from microsoft such as run a scan on the personal email folder, etc. Also I am not receiving email right away when people send it to me. Email I send out appears immediately when I send it, but must go through the same steps (click on another folder or new email item) to get email I received. I am using the corporate edition with an exchange server. The ...