Failed to Update Headers

I run Exchange 2003 on a Enterprise Server 2003. We are running Outlook
2003 at the office and some users use Outlook XP (2002) at home. When the
client connects to his mailbox through IMAP, everything seems to work fine.
However, periodically the user receives a pop-up message stating "Failed to
Update Headers", and when expanding on the error pop-up, it reads IMAP
error and lists the standard ports we use.

The message will sometimes pop-up every couple minutes, or sometimes every
few hours, but regardless it is very annoying to the users, and it appears
something is wrong somewhere.

This message occurs on both our internal network and through an external
connection. The server is brand new, and very quick. I can't seem to find
any information regarding this error anywhere, and I was hoping someone
might have an answer!

Thanks
Mark
0
mark993 (1)

I am having a similar problem on Outlook XP/2002 SP3. I am connecting to several IMAP/SMTP accounts (as well as a couple POP/SMTP ones) through our corporate LAN, did not try from home. I also get "Failed to Update Headers" all the time, but I also get these two messages regularly as well:

"The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. This probably indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this."

"Your server has reported a UID which does not comply with the IMAp standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this."

Microsoft Office Update tells me "Your Office products do not need any updates", as I have already installed whatever it recommended.

Any suggestions how to overcome this?

Thanks.
Eugene.
0
seugene (1)

update certain records
Hi, Is there a way to run update table to update a certain number of records (determined by the user in an unbound txtbox on a form)? On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:06:01 -0800, Pietro <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > Is there a way to run update table to update a certain number of records >(determined by the user in an unbound txtbox on a form)? Possibly, but the question is ambiguous. If you have 1000 records in the table and the user says to update 10 of them, WHICH 10 do you want to update? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What's the data in the...

Update on RMS 2.0
What is the latest update from MS on RMS 2.0? How does one get an updated disk? Also I signed up for the Maintence package from Microsoft and never recieved any thing for it. No new updates, No free support, nothing. Can anyone tell me why one would pay for the maintence package? Maintnce package entitles you to product updates for the year that your plan is in effect. Also depending on when you signed you re-up'd your plan 6 support incedents. If there are no updates since you re-up'd your service plan with MS it may simpy be that there are no major updates. Now if you wer...

Spent whole night failing to count 2 records
Since I use Dreamweaver 8, all recordsets are opened by rs_cmd.Execute(). The problem is that rs.RecordCount() doesn't work anymore. I found a number of solutions that I cannot get to work. Solution 1. I have to use the forward only cursor but I don't know how to do that. I do know how to do that with the 'old' rs.Open() way but this way I cannot have the convenience anymore of dragging columns in my code. Solution 2. So I tried counting the records by iteration in a loop until EOF. Works. The only thing is I cannot rewind the recordset anymore: rs.MoveFirst() doesn...

How to change the State of a header control item
Hi all.. I'm programming a CListCtrl derived class that has a customized header control. I need that when the user click on a header column, the header item rectangle is drawn differently representing the button in pressed state. Is there a way to change the itemState of the button so that when I Invalidate the header control derived cass, the DrawItem vitual method, once called, has the correct itemState value in order to draw the rectangle? Thanks Jaime See tis link... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/pla tform/commctls/header/header.asp &qu...

update
How can I instal windows update 80070020 -- mpernas Huh? That is (80070020 ) an error message. Can you post back with complete details including your OS and Service Pack version -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Mannyp" <Mannyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5959A68B-2409-4037-80D6-39D197A2E630@microsoft.com... > How can I instal windows update 80070020 > -- > mpernas ...

WTF Updates and crashes?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hey ya'll I'm marginally computer literate (which means I can use apps but not write code) and I have a G4 with 40gig of available memory and Tiger 10.4.11. So I meet all the requirements to run Office 2008 but what is the deal with with the updates, I get them and suddenly the set-up assistant opens every time I try to use an app, but the app doesn't open? What the deal? This info should provide the fix: <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/05/office_2008_sp1_install_causes_setup _assistant_to_loop.htm...

Timed Update of a chart in excel
Hi, I am having great difficulty in doing the following and would be grateful for any assistance. Cell A1 is updated every few seconds using a DDE link. I would like to create a chart within the same workbook that plots whatever is in A1 Sheet 1 every 5 or ten minutes throughout the day. Any advice? Thanks Andy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Updates Fail to install
After spending 4 hours removing the win32/parite virus from the property manager's PC, I ran Windows Update and all security updates failed to install. On checking the update history I find that all security updates for the last 2 months also failed. The PC is now clean, so does anyone know if some residue from the infection is the cause of these failures? Or any other ideas? I forgot to mention the PC is running XPPro SP3 "ACC" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote in message news:eMNDWN95KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > After spending 4 hours removing the ...

Office 2007 Update
I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update KB978380) and on restarting I keep getting the message "Your must restart your computer to continue the update process." I've restarted at least a half dozen times and keep getting the same message. I actually have Office 2003 installed but the 2007 updates don't bother my other two machines which are running XP. Joseph wrote: > I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for > Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update ...

Internet updates not working (Money 2003)
Hi: When I try to do an internet update to update my stock prices Money '03 hangs on the "Call Progress" window and I get a "Not Responding" message if I try to click anywhere in the program. There does not appear to be any internet communication initiated by the program even before it freezes so the problem is not some bad ticker symbol. I discovered if I turn the Messenger service off and back on I could sometimes get Money to make the connection and download my stock quotes successfully. I do have Zonealarm Pro firewall but I shut it off before I attempt t...

Comma in user name causes restore in Exchange2003 to fail
Anybody else notice that if a username in the AD was created as lastname, firstname the backup runs just fine but you can't restore with "Recovery Storage Group" ? As soon as you right click that user, trying to get to the "Exchange Tasks" option to do a recover, it complains with a LDAP "An invalid dn syntax has been specified" just as if the comma confused it somehow. Any other users with no comma in the name works just fine (I tried different users with no comma and it worked properly). Can somebody else try this out and let me know if they're g...

If Timesheets are used, do they have to be approved before task update submittal in My Tasks?
Just curious if the timesheet approval process is something that would hold up importing timesheet data into My Tasks and then submit on to the Project Manager for task update approval. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT There is no requirement for timesheets to be approved first before the user can import them into My Tasks and submit to the PM. The issue could be if they submit their time to the RM and the PM and the RM rejects the timesheet. Then any changes to the Timesheet that affects project hours would need to be re-imported and re-submitted to the PM. Its a process issue. ...

Web Query Update
how can i make Web Query Update every 30 seconds when Least update in excel is 1 minut -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

source data needs to be updated weekly
I have a spreadsheet tracking documents through their approval cycle. I need to produce a chart weekly, always showing the most recent 3 weeks of data. So, the chart needs to drop off the oldest week, and add the newest week's values, showing the totals in each stage of review, comparing the current week and the past 2 weeks. Here's a sample of my spreadsheet: A B C D E F 1 Week of Author Review 1 Review 2 Review 3 Approved 2 5/28/2009 24 130 25 8 194 3 6/4/2009 20 134 26 1 200 4 6/11/2009...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Update SOP Line item with eConnect
I am having trouble updating a line item on an order. I was able to use eConnect 7.5 to update data in the order header but when I try to update data in the line item it doesn’t seem to do anything. I do not get any type of error. Basically I am trying to update the line item from backorder to fulfilled. I saved out the xml to a file to see what it was sending to eConnect. Let me know if you see something wrong or if I’m missing something. Matt <?xml version="1.0"?> <eConnect xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/200...

Internet Headers on Sent Items
I'm trying to track down some email problems and I see that there are no Internet Headers on any sent emails - only recieved emails. Is this a setting? No. When you're sending an email, it hits your sent items folder before it hits the Internet. No information is passed back from the Internet to your SEnt Items folder. There's just no mechanism for it. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Getting account update to actually function properly.
I have about 9 accounts set to auto update in Microsoft Money. The problem is that whenever I go to auto-update, usually only 1-3 of the 9 accounts will update successfully. Is this normal? I don't understand how it possibly could be. I notice Money seems to use Yodlee to get account data so it may or may not be Money's fault. In any case. It simply doesn't work regardless of who's fault it is. I really want to like this product, but if it can't update my account data automatically I'll have no choice but to switch over to the dark side - Quicken. Why would acco...

Match Header...Copy Column
Hi, I have two seperate workbooks. One is "Raw Data" and the other is "Index". What I need to do is look up a value in Index!A1 and match it to a header in "Raw Data"!A:A ...store that column number in a variable then copy that entire column to "Index" in the same column that contains the look up value. Best Regards, Mjack -- mjack003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mjack003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

Close MDI Child Window Fail ???
in my MDI app.......I inserted a CRecordView-base Class named CLogin when I input my ID and my Password .... I want this form disappear but when app run to this line GetDocument()->OnCloseDocument(); Login Form is hide and a Error MessageBox show Unhandled exception in QLBH.exe (MFCD42D.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. and cursor point to this line in DBCORE.CPP like following: BOOL CRecordset::IsOpen() const // Note: assumes base class CRecordset::Close called { if (m_hstmt == NULL) // Error in this line // return FALSE; ...... } I tried use: SendMessage(WM_CLOSE) or S...

insert objects in .xlsx fails with message "cannot insert object"
When inserting objects into an excel .xlsx spreadsheet I sometime receive an error message reading "cannot insert object" with no other alternaive than to click OK. I have tried inserting .docx and .xlsx files and in both cases I get the error, there appears no consistency. Why am I getting this error and how can it be avoided? ...

Insert logo into header & footer
Hi all member in MPEN :) I'm a newbie with Excel, I want to creat a letter form for my company with logo and address in header & footer but I can't do it. Plz give me some advice and step by step guide it. Thanks Might depend on your version of Excel. I Excel 2003: File | Page Setup... | Header/Footer tab | Custom Header... | Header | position the cursor in one of the sections and use the Insert Picture icon and perhaps the Resize Picture icon. Regards Trevor "day-du" <day-du@hcm.vnn.vn> wrote in message news:3005942a.0411260912.12df3a71@posting.google.com...

Re: cannot download updates for office mac 2004 student/teacher edition
Actually: Ping "download.microsoft.com". I think it will resolve to a different server than the one I am seeing in Australia. I deduce this from the fact that I am seeing an 8 millisecond ping time here, and that's not enough time for the packets to get from one side of the Pacific to the other, so I suspect they have some very interesting re-directing technology happening in the middle... Cheers -- Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/ Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to. John McGhie, Consultant Tec...

Newbie
I have a new database and I want to give the user a chance to exit the form without the info they have entered into the controls being added to the table. There are 5 controls but when they select the exit button, anything that they have entered still gets saved to the table. This happens even if they have only entered text into 1 control. Any help would be appreciated. On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:48:02 -0800, Bumbino <Bumbino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a new database and I want to give the user a chance to exit the form >without the info they have entered into ...

31k file that locks Outlook to servers
Is there a way to fix Outlook, so it doesn't lock onto the email server when it encounters the 31k spam email file with bad headers and virus attachment? Or is there a way to get it to log off? I know the spam message is common knowledge with web service providers, and the lock up, but I'd like to fix Outlook soon or switch to another email client if it can't be fixed. ...