Extracting folder data / Outlook won't open

I can't open Outlook, because it doesn't recognize Outlook Express is
installed (I have the often reported, but apparently rarely solved,
msoe.dll problem).

Is there a way to pull the mountains of data (calendar, tasks,
contacts and saved messages) out of my Outlook data file from another
PIM program? I'm willing to go with any other program to get away from
buggy Outlook, and figure one of the third-party sync programs will
handle the issue of how to sync with my Pocket PC.

augusthelmbright@msn.com, you  wrote on 23 Mar 2007 14:57:55 -0700:

> I can't open Outlook, because it doesn't recognize Outlook Express is
> installed (I have the often reported, but apparently rarely solved,
> msoe.dll problem).

Go to

C:\Windows\inf

There you will find the file "msoe50.inf". Click it right and choose the
"Install" option.

Note, that the folder "inf" is a hidden folder. If you cannot see it in
the Windows directory you have to enable the option that all files and
folders will be shown:

Control Panel | Folderoptions | View

> Is there a way to pull the mountains of data (calendar, tasks,
> contacts and saved messages) out of my Outlook data file from another
> PIM program?

As far as I know there is no other program that can open pst-files.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
On Mar 23, 5:14 pm, Christian Goeller <s...@cs-g.net> wrote:
> augusthelmbri...@msn.com, you  wrote on 23 Mar 2007 14:57:55 -0700:
>
> > I can't open Outlook, because it doesn't recognize Outlook Express is
> > installed (I have the often reported, but apparently rarely solved,
> > msoe.dll problem).
>
> Go to
>
> C:\Windows\inf
>
> There you will find the file "msoe50.inf". Click it right and choose the
> "Install" option.
>
> Note, that the folder "inf" is a hidden folder. If you cannot see it in
> the Windows directory you have to enable the option that all files and
> folders will be shown:
>
> Control Panel | Folderoptions | View
>
> > Is there a way to pull the mountains of data (calendar, tasks,
> > contacts and saved messages) out of my Outlook data file from another
> > PIM program?
>
> As far as I know there is no other program that can open pst-files.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goellerhttp://www.outlookfaq.net

Sorry. Doesn't work. I have a Compaq (HP). Instead of having a Windows
XP disk, I only have the "recovery disks" that can restore the
computer to its pristine factory state. So when I do what you suggest,
I'm prompted for the Windows XP disk, which of course HP saw fit to
make sure I don't have.

Looks like my only choice is:

1. Get the data files onto my work computer, from which I can extract
the folders to a portable format and then use a different PIM; or
2. Use the HP restore disks and reinstall every program I own.
(Fortunately, I'm anal about backing up data, so none is lost.)

On Mar 23, 5:14 pm, Christian Goeller <s...@cs-g.net> wrote:
> augusthelmbri...@msn.com, you  wrote on 23 Mar 2007 14:57:55 -0700:
>
> > I can't open Outlook, because it doesn't recognize Outlook Express is
> > installed (I have the often reported, but apparently rarely solved,
> > msoe.dll problem).
>
> Go to
>
> C:\Windows\inf
>
> There you will find the file "msoe50.inf". Click it right and choose the
> "Install" option.
>
> Note, that the folder "inf" is a hidden folder. If you cannot see it in
> the Windows directory you have to enable the option that all files and
> folders will be shown:
>
> Control Panel | Folderoptions | View
>
> > Is there a way to pull the mountains of data (calendar, tasks,
> > contacts and saved messages) out of my Outlook data file from another
> > PIM program?
>
> As far as I know there is no other program that can open pst-files.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goellerhttp://www.outlookfaq.net

OOPS. Ignore my first post. I found the setup50 file in a folder. Your
suggestion was brilliant.

Thank you.

augusthelmbright@msn.com, you  wrote on 23 Mar 2007 15:33:44 -0700:

> OOPS. Ignore my first post.

Done ;-)

> I found the setup50 file in a folder.

Fine :)

> Your suggestion was brilliant.

Pleased to meet you :)

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

I am trying to change the text size of the folder list in Outlook
not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so tiny. "Bayoubelle" <Bayoubelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D431653F-FA94-4AD2-9668-380846EE6CB2@microsoft.com... > not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so > tiny. Always state your Outlook version. Click View>Arrange By>Current View>Customize Current View>Other Settings. Change the Column Font and Row Font settings to suit. If you're using Outlook 2007, then it's View>Current View>... I...

sort data
i am trying, unsuccessfullty, to sort some data (a small example is below) so I can graph it. I want to put it into a pivot table format but don't want calculations, just the actual data. any ideas??/ Location DATE Result WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 19-Jul-05 0.83 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 23-Jun-05 0.8 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 28-May-05 1.16 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 02-May-05 0.93 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 06-Apr-05 0.66 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 11-Mar-05 0.59 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 13-Feb-05 0.54 WAT002WA ALBANY BOTTOM 18-Jan-05 0.62 WAT002WA ALBANY TOP 09-Mar-07 0.73 ...

outlook with msn account
how do I install an msn account on my outlook when the only options given for server type is "pop3" and "smtp"? What do I do? I am supposed to get to an http format. I don't know how. 1) which version of Outlook? See help, about if unsure. 2) is it a paid account? if so, which plan are you on (plus, premium etc) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Tasks folder
When I try to access my Tasks folder in Outlook it kicks me out of Outlook. This started out of the blue. I went to web and got an update to Outlook and once it was installed it I was able to access the Tasks folder one time only. I did the Detect and Repair feature also but can not access my Tasks folder. Any ideas on how to correc this issue? Thanks, EJ ...

Outlook 98
We are currently using Outlook 98 and MS Exchange, the problem is that one of our users when she deletes her reminders, they still seem to come back all the time. I have no idea what is causing this problem.. Anyone can shed light on this issue will be much appreciated. NickJr Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanreminders switch. You may also need to run the /cleanfreebusy switch as well. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, Nick <nfcsr@excite.com> asked: | We are...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

MDI App will no longer open file by double clicking associated filetype
OK, I had an app which was originally based upon an MDI app. It has been 'modded' to add various functionalities with code from www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com. Unfortunately, I just recently noticed that the ability to double click on the associated filetype (from a folder, desktop, etc) now no longer works. Instead, I get a messagebox: Title: (pathname of file) Message: Windows cannot find '(pathname of file).' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. This is on Windows XP. ...

Matching call data based on date, time and number called to give c
I have the following two tables on different sheets, both containing other information within them that is irrelevant in my question. SHEET 1 Date - Time - Number Called Duration Cost 01/02/10 09:05:21 01234123456 02:16 0.50 SHEET 2 Date - Time Number Called - Duration Extension 01/02/10 09:07:56 01234123456 02:15 1234 01/02/10 15:30:45 01234123456 01:59 1234 Sheet 2 HAS A LOT MORE RECORDS THAN SHEET 1 AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF CALLS TO THE SAME NUM...

Backup & Retreive Outlook 98 .pst files???
How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files? Please, Please give me step by step instructions for both. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! glen@ccim.net Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked: | How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?...

transferring data in rows of one table to columns of another table
Hi All, We are working with FCC station data that puts some simple numeric data in one file, arranged in a number of consecutive rows for each station. The next station's data follows consecutively. Each group of rows that are common to a station share an index number, while the next group uses its own separate number. A separate file contains the main information fields in a table of separate rows, or records, along with a matching index number. We'd like to move the numeric data in a group of rows that share the index # for a station, to a series of new fields add...

missing folder
Hi, I noticed today that a folder under Inbox has disappeared. I am using Windows 2003 SBS / Exchange. Is there any way to get this back? TIA. Have you looked in deleted Items? If it wasn't an email folder, change your Navigation Pane ( the bit on the left of screen) to Folder list and it may well suddenly appear - you're probably in Mail Folders view. -- Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/produ...

Outlook security update
Hi I am trying to send a mailshot from outlook using vba. This brings up the usual security notice telling me that someone is trying to access the outlook and whether I want to allow it for x minutes. Is there a way to disable this in sbs2003/exchange2003? I believe there was a way for this in sbs2000/exchange2000 by placing an ms provided special form in the public folders and setting the required settings on the form. Thanks Regards Might want to look at something like: http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:46:48 -00...

Need help moving Outlook folder
I'm using Outlook 2002. My primary email account uses IMAP and I added it to Outlook using <Tools> <Email Accounts ...> <Add a new email account>. I noticed that Outlook created a file for this account in the directory: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook This file obviously contains the email that has been downloaded from my email account, since the file size grows and shrinks as mail is added or deleted. However, I would like to move this file from its default location to another hard drive. The reason is that the other ha...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compar
I have a project to complete where the end user wants me to write several queries which pull data in multiple "rows" in one table and compare them to data in another using access. He also needs a report written based on the findings of which data meets certain criteria within those queries. I think the report part will be pretty easy, but can someone give me some suggestions on what would be the best way to create the queries in access? Thanks Da Chosen One On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:22:01 -0800, Da Chosen One <Da Chosen One@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You...

Public Folder Problem #4
We have a public folder set up on our Exchange 5.5 server that handles all of our web requests off of our website. There are a few users who go through these emails and either delete them because they are garbage or forward them to the appropriate user who needs to see the email. The problem lies in the fact that when an email from this public folder is forwarded or repied to, you do not get the normal mail icon that shows that the email was forwarded or replied to. Also, many of the email come in as read even though they were not. This applies to using a preview pane and also not us...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

setting up hotmail in outlook
Hello.. So I got a new BB and decided it was wiser to set up outlook for my hotmail than use an internet push browser (so I can use the contacts, calendar, notes more easily) and am having massive issues. I did download outlook connector for hotmail.. managed to get hotmail on my Outlook.. b ut am very confused with how personal folders work and why its synching my calendar/contacts to another folder in outlook from my BB and not the one tagged to my hotmail... also what do I do about duplicate contacts... everything has doubled itself and wont sort itself out..;( PLEASE HELP!!...

Folders
Is there a way to make a mass amount of folders at once from a list of names that I have? windowshelp wrote: > Is there a way to make a mass amount of folders at once from a list of names > that I have? At a command prompt: for /f "usebackq delims=" %a in ("c:\folderlist.txt") do md "%a" John ...

outlook task's
i am running ol2002 with the connector for lotus notes. when i enter a task it disappears after a few hours. there doesn't seem to be any specific activity that triggers the problem. any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2003
I'm trying to create a VBA script that will be executed via the command line (I'm integrating into another application, it's my only option) What I would like to do is create a VBA script that will have it's variables set via the command line, but cannot find the code. Is it possible? more or less something along the lines of : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe" /c ipm.note /altvba otmfilename -v1=string or ?v1=string Is something like this possible by defining it in the subroutines? eg. Sub CreateOutlookTask(v1 as String) The mai...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...