extract email address from message

I get email messages forwarded to me from an information desk.
I have to reply to the original sender of the message.
Is there a way to scan the message and find the original sender's email
address and put that in the To: field?

Regards
David

0
cascando (6)

david <cascando@legs.com> wrote:

> I get email messages forwarded to me from an information desk.
> I have to reply to the original sender of the message.
> Is there a way to scan the message and find the original sender's
> email address and put that in the To: field?

Not unless the forwarder includes it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

finding old emails
i can't seem to find all my old emails in my in box is ther a way to track them down? thanks peter If you go to View | Current View (or View | Arrange By | Current View if you're using Outlook 2003), is it set to Messages? If so, you should be seeing all of your messages, as there is no filter set by default on the Messages view. If you added a filter, you can remove it by resetting the view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ets%236Xa...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Case Email Template
It seems that I am encountering a problem with data fields displaying the wrong information in my outgoing email when using an email template. It seems as if the customer information (customer/contact) is being displayed in place of the user/owner information. For example, a customer (Rep1) issues a ticket and the owner of the ticket, Kate, is assigned. In the outgoing email to the customer stating that an case has been assigned and to whom it is assigned is displaying the customer information instead of the owner. Saying to contact Kate and giving Kate's email when I state t...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Instant messaging
Hi, i have Windows 2003 and exchange 2003. now that i wanted to set up instant messenging so to i can avoid using MSN or yahoo messenger .. please do let me know what are the configurations and requirements that i need ..on server and client sides. You need Live Communications Server, since IM has been removed from Exchange now. http://www.microsoft.com/office/system/realtime.mspx -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Jai Santhosh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030e01c3c2d3$f91e...

Adding email addresses to contacts contained within an email message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F079.723AEFC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of either a macro or utility that would update all = email recipients contained in the body of an email message to the = contacts? TIA, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3F079.723AEFC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

problems creating a archive file to archive old emails
Hello everybody I have enable the option to archive old emails to clean up the inbox the "big deal" is that before it I change the file name from archive6.pst (default) to outlook_archive.pst and I run partially the process. And now when I run the archive option start creating me a archive6 file (when half of the archiving is already done in the other file) I notice that they are two places where to maintain the archive file name (?) :: File -> Archive -> Archive file Tools -> options -> other -> AutoArchive -> Defaulst folder settings for archiving ->...

Outlook 2003 Email Select Names Type name or select from list
New Message: When I try to use the Select Names - Type name or select from list in an Email New Message, the search is not as expected. For example, I enter the Name Smith, and the selection will be another name starting with S, but not Smith. This Address was from Outlook Express and worked fine there. Thank you. Please describe more completely what you are doing. Perhaps you are using autocompletion instead of autoresolution. You didn't provide enough details for us to tell. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "nsnews.microsoft.com" <nfn02958@naples.net> wrote in message...

Message in queue for local domain
I have three exchange servers, one un used. The Primary is 2003 SP2 and second 2000 latest patch's. Both are Global Catalog Servers. I walk in, in the morning to see 2 messages stuck in queue, on 2000 at the other site (connected via site-to-site T-1). This message was sent at 4:53PM the previous day. It was in "retry" status. I had Diag. Logging enabled on the server. "MSexchangeTransport 4000" - "Message delivery to the remote domain 'julie.esmithgroup.com' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host.&quo...

Email account question
I am new to Outlook having recently switched my email from AOL to Outlook 2003. I have set up a primary and 3 secondary email addresses, but all of the incoming emails are all going to the same inbox. Don't each of the email addresses have their own mailbox? It seems odd that everyones emails should all be coming to the same box. Is this the way Outlook works, or am I doing something wrong? Have looked all over the "help" section but can find no answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, RC. You can use rules or Search Folders to move messages to separate folders. --...

verifying microsoft email accound
how do I get into my microsoft email account to verify it ...

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Forcing BCC in outbound messages
Is there any way to force emails going out from a specific exhange 2003 recipient (via public folders) to BCC ONLY...not allow emails to go out as carbon copies to everyone, or with everyone in the "to" field? We've had some problems in the past with some company distributions that someone decides to CC the customers, instead of BCC'ing them, and that goes over really well...:) On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:20:57 -0500, "Bill Oliman" <boliman@earthlink.net> wrote: >Is there any way to force emails going out from a specific exhange 2003 >recipient (via pub...

secure email setup (digital signatures)
Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on setting up secure email in Outlook 2000? I need to setup certificates so that email can be digitally signed by some of my users and so that these users can verify authenticity of the senders of some of their emails. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Will your site be acquiring certificates from an online authority like Verisign/Thawte or going with an internal certificate authority? The later introduces issues of its own since the public will not know about your internal certificate authority. In any event, ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

Can't add more addresses in OL 2000
I'm trying to add 3 more email addresses to the existing 6 in my current list. They seem to be added ok, the POP3 and SMTP servers are correct, the Username and Passwords are correct in the setup and I can send mail from any of the new addresses. What I cannot do is get OL to download existing mail from the server. I know the mail is there because I can log on to the ISP's mail program and see it. When I use Tools, Send/Receive, none of the new mail accounts are listed in the box, only the previous 6. When I went back to Tools and deleted one of the original 6, it still shows up un...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Email Subject GUID to Email Header
I have the understanding that there is a patch which, rather than removing the GUID from the email completely, move the GUID from the subject line to the email header. After scouring the microsoft site and being unable to find this anywhere, I should be very grateful if someone would point me in the right direction and help to convince me that I've not made this up... or worse dreamt it... Thankyou in advance ...

AutoSave Email on Reply?
Anyone know how to auto save an email address to your address book when you reply to it? Outlook 2000 had it but I can't find it in 2002? Thanks! Eric This options only was in Outlook 2000 installed in IMO mode. For all other versions you'll need an Add-in from Sperry Software; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Add-Email-Address.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

Unresponsive email
I can open my Outlook & see my emails. But the emails won't open and I get message Outlook not responding? How can I correct this? ...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

How do I associate a contact folder with address list?
I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated contact folder for my address list. any thoughts George wrote: > I have all these contact lists, some with all my data, some just > blank. When I go to email, I go to New, then To, but no addresses to > choose from. I get an errror sayings that there is no associated > contact folder for my address list. > > any thoughts Right-click on your contacts folder, go to propert...

Global Customer Updating E-mail Address
I am trying to update customer email addresses through HQ but the e-mail address in our Global Customer Properties is greyed out. I have complete administrator rights, full access to all information except the customer's e-mail. Yes I am in maintenance mode, yes I have check field level security. What am I missing? Any suggestions would be helpful. -- Many thanks Jack Master Weird. Running version 2.0.0123, email field is editable, no problem. Logged in as the administrator, in maintenance mode. What version are you running? Are you in a domain? "Jack of All trades, Maste...