Extract data from email attachment and add to datbase?

Is there any way I can automate the following...

I want outlook to spot emails with a particular subject, open the
attachment, and parse certain data to a ms access database ready for
upload??

Would love some support!

P.S. The attachments are excel files, there are a bunch of names, and
certain long/lats linked to each one which i need to extract according
to the name field.

http://www.outlookcode.com is the best place to begin looking for =
assistance and some VBA code to start.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, dominic_alderson@hotmail.com asked:

| Is there any way I can automate the following...
|=20
| I want outlook to spot emails with a particular subject, open the
| attachment, and parse certain data to a ms access database ready for
| upload??
|=20
| Would love some support!
|=20
| P.S. The attachments are excel files, there are a bunch of names, and
| certain long/lats linked to each one which i need to extract according
| to the name field.
0
MillyS (3228)

Deleting Users Email
Before I start off, I just want to let you know that I have the blessing of the COO of our bank to do this. In fact, it's an order. He wants me to go into Users email and move any attachments to their home network folder. He wants me to do this without having to interrupt their work. In my previous job I was able to go to File-->Open-->Other Users Folder and make those changes. It won't allow me to do that here. Is there a way to move the files directly in Exchange? I need to do this ASAP, as we need to free up some space in the database. We're approachin...

Outlook 2003
I have just installed Outlook but when attempting to send a message I get two error messages Ox8004210A and B. Both indicate timeout in connecting to the server. I have at other times had messages indicating a failure to connect to the Internet. However, I am using the same PC to connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express quite successfully. I have checked the setup for email within Outlook several times. I can see no error. We have two PCs linked by Ethernet cable. One is the ICS host and the PC with the problem is the ICS client. Windows Firewall is active on t...

Undeliverable Email #2
A co worker of mine did a Exchange migration to a new server. The server name was changed and the user accounts were recreated from scratch. The Exchange emails were imported into the new user accounts. Any time a users replies to an email received internally prior to the move to the new server it is undeliverable. The problem is that the old email address has the old server name /o=wafsbs06 instead of the new server name /o=waf1sbs. The complete old address is: /O=WAFSBS06 /OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP /CN=RECIPIENTS /CN=ADMINISTRATOR Is there a way on the new exchange server to fix...

Unable to view forwarded .msg attachments
One of our users has developed an unusual problem. Using Outlook 2003, when he receives a forwarded message that is arriving as a .msg attachment, the attachment is not available for him to view (not shown in the header area). However, if he then forwards the message, it is attached, so we know he is receiving them, he is just unable to access/ view them. Other types of attachments he is able to view fine. Suggestions? ...

Attachments and Mail Templates
Hi, Is there a way to add attachments to mail templates. We send out a lot of standard mails to answer enquiries and it would be very helpful to be able to include attachments in the template rather than having to attach them manually each time we send a mail. Regards, Mark ...

Transfer of Data
I've used the db1 file. Loaded it to the hard drive, clicked it on from where I stored it and Money begins to 'work' then gets hung up. Must have tried 20 times today. Have also tried restoring from the bak ext. No luck. Is it possible to transfer from 1999 to 2003? Sorry for the thread error. I'll make a copy of my file with the .mny extension and see if that works. Is what I'm attempting even possible. ('99 to '03?)? In microsoft.public.money, Lynn Ringuette wrote: >Sorry for the thread error. I'll make a copy of my file >with the .mn...

Answer and data in same cell.
I want the answer to appear in the cell I'm keying data into. Example: In cell A1 I will key in 800, I want to convert it to time and have 8:00 appear in cell A1. Can this be done and if yes how. Thanks. See http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <099901c5097a$6a2ea8b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want the answer to appear in the cell I'm keying data > into. > Example: In cell A1 I will key in 800, I want to convert > it to time and have 8:00 appear in cell A1. Can this...

How do I delete attachments from received emails in Outlook 2007?
In Outlook 2003 you can click on an attachment in an email that you have received and delete or remove it. It doesn't seem that this is possible in Outlook 2007. It still works in 2007. Open message, right click on attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How ...

Conditional Formatting in data table of a chart
I'm using Excel 2007, and trying to apply conditional formatting to the data table of a line chart. I've tried creating the chart without the formatting applied to cells with the original data (data source), and then applying the format to the source; as well as creating the chart after applying the format to the source. The data table in the chart will naturally update with changed data since it is linked, but will not incorporate any style formatting. Any thought? Thanks. Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible. They do not, for example, support conditional fo...

Online Form which will track data entered in a database
I need to create a form in Excel that several users can fill out daily and all information will be stored in a database. I am not able to use Access as not all users have this on their computer. Apparently there is some sort of template form wizard that has data tracking but I am unable to find this. Please help! -- Alicat21 Hi have you checked your existing post? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alicat21 wrote: > I need to create a form in Excel that several users can fill out > daily and all information will be stored in a database. I am not able > to use Access as ...

Pulling/Collating Data from Workbooks
Hi, I have a workbook with 31 sheets a diary called April for this month AX to FX is the info I want relating to the employee's initials in the G column of the diary There are multiple entries for the employee so he may reappear in row 9, 13 and 15 in column G of the diary I want to pull all the lines that relate to that employee from the 31 sheets of the Diary workbook called April for this month into a separate workbook called BOB (employees name) and BOB, his name, is the reference in the diary in column G (also in other cells if Bob does more than one job per day) but ...

Charting concatenated columns of data (from different dates)?
Hi All, This is probably something simple, but I'm brand new at Excel charting. I have a number of spreadsheets, each with the time of day down column A, in 1/2 hour increments (12:00 AM, 12:30 AM, 1:00 AM, etc.). Starting with column B, each column is a different date, out to column AD. In the cells, my wife has recorded her blood sugar levels. Now we want to print a chart with blood sugar on the Y axis, and times on the x-axis, repeating over the date range. it will be a very long chart, but that's what we're after. How do I tell Excel to chart the...

Email Macro
Hi I am a real newbie so please bear with me if this is a simple question. I have worked out how to put an email macro into a spreadheet: ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="me@nonesuch.co.uk" but I can't work out how to send it to more than one recipient! Any ideas please Dave Hi Dave, See Ron De Bruin's SendMail page at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm --- Regards, Norman "Dave" <dave@nonsuch.com> wrote in message news:Ow2WuUmfFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am a real newbie so please bear with me if this i...

Email Attachments #18
I have Windows XP and Office 2002 SP2. When I send an email everyone receives two attachments: Blank Bkgrd.gif (223B) and image001.gif (223B). Why? How do I stop this? Thanks. Izzy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Windows XP and Office 2002 SP2. When I send an > email everyone receives two attachments: Blank Bkgrd.gif > (223B) and image001.gif (223B). Why? How do I stop > this? Thanks. Are you sending Rich Text or HTML messages? Are you using staionery? Are you using Word as your email editor? Are you including a signature? -- Brian Till...

After compaction
Hi everyone! After standard compacting I have some emails shortage, sent emails from date1 to date2 have disappeared. I do not have the bakup and wondering if there is a chance to get this back? The system is Microsoft Outlook 2002 Any help much appreciated, Tomek "tob" <informatyka@mzk.zgora.pl> wrote in message news:u7DdsCurKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > After standard compacting I have some emails shortage, sent emails from > date1 to date2 have disappeared. I do not have the bakup and wondering if > there is a chance to get this back? ...

email with picture attachement
when I send e-mail with picture attached it always comes back reporting like address not found, when I resend the same email but without the attachement it works fine. ...

Add Note
How to add notes to the general posting edit list in report writer???? ------=_NextPart_0001_5B9C9208 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit You can create a relationship from the GL_TRX_HDR_WORK (Transaction Work) table to the SY_Record_Notes_MSTR (Record Notes Master) table on the Note Index Field. Then you can add the notes table to the report and drag out the field. Your other choice is to use the RW_GetNoteText() Report Writer function as a user defined function in the system series in a calculated field. The parameters are: in currency IN_NoteIndex; { Note In...

a couple of questions : OLE Attachments and eConnect
Hi All, I'm new to great plains, so apologies in advance if any of the questions are stupid! We have been asked to write a web-front end for payables transactions approval system. The original system is Great Plains Dynamics based, and our web-based system is going to be either JSP or ASP. We will need to retrieve inserted payables transaction, and also insert new ones. I've tried tracing ODBC for finding out the SQL statements for that but I'm not sure if it's the safest way, since there's multiple trans tables and validations and all involved. I've been try...

can't receive attached files
I have a problem to receive message with attachment since last week. Did any one encounter this problem lately? Why does it behave this way? Only 26% usage shows at my inbox, the usage should not be the problem. I have 2003 XP. Thanks, Mi ...

Money 2004 Deluxe keeps corrupting data...
I have been using Money for a few years... Every year, I purchase new Money to keep up with new features. However, the Money 2004 Deluxe has corrupted my data a couple of times already when I import data my from banks. It freezes up when I download from bank so I have to quit the process in order to access the money again. After it happens, the balance is different when I view it from favorite list than when I go to the account to see it. Going to account shows the correct balance, but viewing the balance from the favorite list shows it completely different balance. I am wondering if it&...

How to retrieve old email after formatting pc
since windows vista infected virus that crash the windows system, i format my laptop and use windows 7. But i forget to backup my ms outlook 2007 email. Can anyone expert in here give an idea or any software that can retrieve back all my email, because it really important email its related with my work. for your info i use company email that out souce to webmail provider. Thank You. Do you have an older backup? Were copies of the mail stored on the server? Recovering it after a reformat is very tricky (and expensive) business and there's no guarantee it'll even work. ...

OWA User can't see text in email body (rights issue??)
Hi, I just implemented OWA, and it is working great for MOST users. I have 1 user, when she logs in, and opens an email, the body of the email is just blank (no text). When she logs in on her computer (not owa login, Win2000 login) no one can see text. It almost seems like it's something in this user's profile or something. She can log in to OWA on any other computer we've tried, and she get's text. It will even work on her computer if another user logs on to the computer (windows 2000 login). The problem just seems to happen when she is logged on to the computer. Thank...

Display Name of customer from FILTERED DATA.
Hi, Is there anyway to GET data (Customer Name..currently filtered) from one of the column of FILTERED DATA.Suppose I filtered Data on Customer "A". I want to capture the Name of This Customer "A" and display this name on another cell(CellA1). If filtered data is changed and record is Filtered to Customer "B", cell A1 display "Customer B". Hope this time I made it clear Thanx in advance for your help Syed Syed, If you want a live link to the filtered data, I think not. Advanced filter, with the "Copy to another location" is generally...

Sending An Email
Can someone please tell me why this won't work? I have a spreadsheet that feeds from an Access database. It refreshes every minute. When certain conditions are met, cell G12 changes from "NO" to "YES". I don't understand why the following code won't work. The cell CHANGES from NO to YES, but it doesn't trigger the email to be sent. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Range("G12").Value = "YES" Then ActiveWorkbook.Send Recipients = "gretafree42@hotmail.com" Subject = "NOC AGING" & Form...

can't receive email in Outlook
I have set up a new email account from W Africa in Outlook. I can send but not receive. Error message 0x800ccc92, asking for password. I try the same account in outlook express and it sends & receives. My server said it is an Outlook problem. I deleted the entire email from Outlook, rebooted the computer and put it back in but it still will not receive, I get the same error message. I am using 2003 Outlook, sp2 (11.6568.6568z0 version 5.1.2600 service Pack 2 Build 2600 ...