Extra Icon and In System Tray

I have an extra icon in the system tray, next to my Outlook 2003 Icon.  Says
I have mail, however, I don't have any unread mail.  How can I get rid of
this icon?

0
someone1 (389)

JCO, you  wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:20:29 GMT:

> I have an extra icon in the system tray, next to my Outlook 2003 Icon.  Says
> I have mail, however, I don't have any unread mail.  How can I get rid of
> this icon?

Close Outlook and restart it. The icon sould now disappear.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

"Christian Goeller" <nomail@news.invalid> wrote in message
> JCO, you  wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:20:29 GMT:
>
> > I have an extra icon in the system tray, next to my Outlook 2003 Icon.
Says
> > I have mail, however, I don't have any unread mail.  How can I get rid
of
> > this icon?
>
> Close Outlook and restart it. The icon sould now disappear.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Christian Goeller

0
someone1 (389)

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
Somebody knows because it passes this? As I solve it? Thank you very much. -- Valdov Omar Valdovino Post the entire NDR and the circumstances which generate it. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Valdov" <ovaldovNO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:OnfgQxc1FHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Somebody knows because it passes this? As I solve it? > > Thank you very much. > > -- > > Valdov > Omar Valdovino > > > ...

no enough system resources
I have a workbook with many worksheets, links, and charts. problem is now everytime i want to do a bit of more formating e.g. conditional cormating or modify the formating of a chart, I get the message box telling me "no enough system resources to disply this correctly". is there a way to fix this thanks Hi Ayman, Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313275/en-us HTH Martin ...

What are the meanings of the icons in the icon column
I cannot find any help information anywhere on the meanings of the different icons in the icon column of the folder viewing pane. What are their meanings and where is the help located (if it exists)? ...

Send mail on behalf of UserX with UserX's mailbox as extra mailbox
Hi, Running Exchange and Outlook 2000 I need a solution for this scenario. I have some users A and B who have UserX's mailbox configured as a extra mailbox in their Outlook client, so they can respond to mail being recieved by UserX (i.e. a helpdesk account). These same users A and B need to send mail "on behalf of" UserX so our disclaimer software (eXclaimer) adds users A and B signature to email being send by UserX's mail address. In this scenario "Send as" will add UserX's signature, not users A or B's signature. Assigning only "Send on behal...

Extra space between paragraphs when sending
Outlook 2007 adds extra “line feeds” between paragraphs on all outgoing messages. I can’t seem to stop it and it is slowly driving me mad. People getting my e-mails must think I can’t write. I have checked (“don’t add extra space…”) in the style formats. Doesn’t help. The composed messages look fine. They get changed when they are sent. Sometimes happens on incoming mail. I would go back to Office 2003 but too many file extensions are now different. If I can’t fix this I may go to a server based mail system. Why MS made this change is beyond me. It’s in the same category as c...

Icon Sets Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
So, I want to be able to use the Icon Sets in conditional formatting with text values. I bet there are a bunch of other people out there that would like to have the text "green", "yellow" or "red" converted to the appropriate stoplight icon, but I cannot figure out how to make this work. Is it possible? Excel 2007 Icons Maybe not quite what you wanted... http://www.mediafire.com/file/dytjrggnxbm/09_26_09.xlsx On Sep 26, 9:27=A0am, Herbert Seidenberg <herbds7-ms...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Excel 2007 > Icons > Maybe not quite what you wanted...http://ww...

HELP Outlook send/receive mail icon every 30 or so seconds
I am running office xp, outlook 2002. I just installed dsl broadband with a dual connect modem. The broadband tech originally set modem up as bridge and all was fine except I had to use windows dialer for connection. Next tech resolved the problem ?? by setting modem up as router. BIG TROUBLE, Outlook would hang, slow loadup and just have all sorts of problems. I did a system restore and brought system back to where modem was before it was changed to a router. Problem is, outlook is now showing the send/receive mail icon every 30 seconds, however it is not actually sending or receivi...

more than 16 colors icon
Can I use more than 16 colors icon in OutlookBar's shortcut? Even I use a true color icon, it shows in 16 colors. :-< ...

System Attendant Task is blocked
I have been troubleshooting this issue for over a month. Every evening at ~8:16:46pm, I get a event ID of 1031 on my E2k3 server (running on a 2 node WS2k3 cluster). The description simply states: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 1/19/2006 Time: 8:16:46 PM User: N/A Computer: UEMAILNODE01 Description: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have turned on logging for the services mentioned in the above li...

How to remove system menu and title bar
In an application I have a main form that is tabbed. The system menu does not appear, and this is what I would like. But when I open a report in preview mode from within the application the system menu does appear . What visual basic code is needed to suppress the system menu in report preview? Also, when in the tabbed form the application title bar does appear, and does not contain a minimize, maximize or close button. Again this is what I prefer. However, the title bar in report preview does contain each of these buttons. What code is needed to hide or remove them? Bill On ...

Is there an "expand all" icon for the "by sender" view?
Wow, was playing around with all the views this morning and came across the "by sender" one. It could be super fantastic. It's not good as it is now as the default mode doesn't help much, and I couldn't seem to find it, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to where the "expand all" feature for it. Thanks so much! ...

Extra field for Items
Does anyone have an addin for extra user defined fields for items? -- Anthony Anthony, We could easily deliver this to you but we do not have anything pre-made. If you are interested please contact us at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CE74F3-5716-4520-9883-6D07C7670143@microsoft.com... > D...

Notification Area System Icons Have Disappeared
When I go to the Notification Area properties, only the "Clock" option is checked. The "Volume", "Network", and "Power" options are un-checked AND grayed-out so I can't check them. How do I get these system icons back? (I'm running Vista Home Premium-SP2, and the only recent changes have been "Windows Updates" - critical updates only.) Thanks. -- Bob C. Updates will do that sometimes. When it happens to me, I reboot a second time and then check the boxes again. If that doesn't work, I go to the Network Manag...

System-defined messages
Dear All, Where can I get the definition of System- defined messages? Thanks, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but ... http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5814770t.aspx Tom "Yuchun Xu" <breezexuyc@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:exP$9dDhGHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > Where can I get the definition of System- > defined messages? > Thanks, > > > You can start at http://msdn.microsoft.com and look for the message you have questions about. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softci...

recipient/system policies
Hello On our Exchange 2003 Server we have a recipient policy named PurgeEmail which is setup to delete email from mailboxes based upon age, ect. We had recently migrated our Exchange server to new hardware and the server was given a different name. It turns out that the filter rule for that policy wa snot being applied because it was pointed to the old exchange server. I changed the filter rule to point to the correct exchange server, but it seems that the changes have not effected the mailboxes which I do not want to purge. We are using CustomAttribute 5 for tis exclusion in ADUC for e...

'SYSTEM.MDW required at startup' message
I converted a database from 97 to 2000 and the user got a message 'SYSTEM.MDW is required at startup'. Does anyone know what could have caused this? There is no SYSTEM.MDW anywhere in the folder. The user had run the 97 version and then the 2000 version. There may be some old 2.0 code in the database as it was originally in 2.0. Every session of Access uses a workgroup file. Out of the box, it uses system.mdw. In 97 that was installed to the windows system folder. 2000 may not be looking in the right place. Do a search for wrkgadm.exe on the computer (there should be two of ...

An extra Row Source Field needed
SELECT tblOwnerInfo.OwnerID, IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName & ' ') & IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName & ' ') AS OwnerName FROM tblOwnerInfo ORDER BY IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName & ' ') & IIf(IsNull(tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName),'',tblOwnerInfo.OwnerFirstName & ' '); If tblOwnerInfo.Email has some value in it, add "@" After tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName ie Gates @ Bill Thanks f...

Extra Extra Pages
I have finished my word document and saved it. When I open it back up to preview before I send it, it shows an extra page between my body of work and reference page. I don't want to send that to my professor. Can anyone help me? Thanks Dennis -- Dennis Jackson See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dennis Jackson" <Dennis.Jackson.60bcd11@wordbanter.com> wrote in message news:Dennis.Jackson.60bcd11@wordbanter.com... > ...

NDR Codes
When a message bounces back due to some errors, there's a code at the bottom of the form: #x.x.x Anyone know of a good site that explains each of these in laymen's terms? I found microsofts (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204) but I was hoping there would be another site that someone put together in simpler terms. Our students at the college provide level one troubleshooting and I'm trying to put together a list for them. Thanks for the help. On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:26:12 -0500, "GC Postmaster" <email_accounts@gordon.edu> wrote: >When a message ...

Extra line space
I have run into the problem several times, where I have several lines of words in seperate merged cells and it appears to be spaced correctly, but when I print there is an extra line space in the document. Is there some way to correct this? I have the row height so it matches the amount of space needed, but it is adding an extra line on the printed version..... The only fix I know of for this is to manually adjust something to make it look nice--either columnwidth or rowheight. And I don't think fixing it for your specific printer is any assurance that it'll be fixed for the pers...

Using the Icon Set for Conditional Formatting
Hi! I have a column of currency values that I'm trying to conditionally format with the arrow icon set (red, green, yellow). What I'm trying to do is format the currency value with one of the arrows based on its relation to the previous cell in the column. c4 shows $234.22 c5 shows $319.87 c6 shows $111.33 c7 shows $113.24 I would like each cell to show the appropriately colored arrow based on the previous cell's value. If the cell value is higher than the previous cell value show a red arrow and if it's less show a green arrow and if equal - yellow. ...

Extra Fonts
I'm trying to open a file with certain embedded fonts that my system does not have. The letters are showing up as blocks..... I cannot find these four fonts: paintstroke elegance Oliveoil Braddon Have you chosen the option to substitute them? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAFF0684-461D-439E-B341-ED138A5B0407@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to open a file with certain embedded ...

"Extra line breaks in this message were removed." in Outlook 2003.
Hello, How do I remove these extra line breaks from my sent plain text e-mails (don't like the formatting -- just like to be simple)? I assume Outlook 2003 is telling there are two carriage returns for each line in my signature. I do not want to have other Outlook users to click on "Restore line breaks" and/or do "Outlook's Tools menu -> Options... -> E-mail Options -> uncheck "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". The removed extra line breaks resulted (copied and pasted from an Outlook's sent e-mail): Phillip Pi Senior Softwa...

Insert extra columns
Is there any way that one can insert extra columns in Excel? I need about 500 columns whereas Excel only has 255. Hi No, that is absolutely impossible. Quattro Pro from http://www.corel.com/ is the only "bigger" spreadsheet I know of. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please "Alan" <aitm@sun.ac.za> skrev i melding news:147d01c383f5$dd32dc70$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way that one can insert extra columns in > Excel? I need about 500 columns whereas Excel only has > 255. Hi Alan, You cannot exceed 255 columns th...

Icon #2
VC++ 2003 Hi, I would like to ask if there is a limitation for an application icon to 256 colors, or if it can be any color deep? It happend, that sometimes windows don't display the application icon and insted of that display a generic windows icon. In that case application even doesn't run. I think it is somethign with resources. Thanks, Lubomir An icon file may contain several images. In addition to the standard 32x32 and 16x16 icons, newer formats may also include 48x48 images in addition to all three sizes at several color depths. Modern icons include, at a minimum, images...