External PRogram Access

I am using a trading program that will send me email
alerts. However, every time it tries to send the alert, I
get "an external program is trying to access Outlook...."
Is there a way to allow access, so I don't have to be at
my pc when the alerts are sent?
0
anonymous (74722)

You may want to look at "ClickYes" other options
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec
"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using a trading program that will send me email
> alerts. However, every time it tries to send the alert, I
> get "an external program is trying to access Outlook...."
> Is there a way to allow access, so I don't have to be at
> my pc when the alerts are sent?

File open from Windows Explorer fails after Get External Data
Using Excel 97, is anyone aware of a problem where, after having "got external data" from a SQL database into a spreadsheet, an Excel file will not open from Windows Explorer. I receive no error messages, the open simply does nothing. The only way of opening files is by using the File Open within Excel or closing Excel and re opening all files without "getting external data" at any time. Many thanks Fred Newton Zurich Financial Services Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again...

Exporting/Formatting External Data?
Looking for some good tips on how to do this more efficiently. My main problem is how to quickly format row labels with spaces. In brief, here's how I do it, which, admittedly, involves drudgery. For a table in, say, .pdf format, I copy the table into an MS Word document. Then, doing a search-and-replace, I substitute semicolons for the spaces in order to de-limit the data prior to exporting it into Excel. Of course, this also inserts semicolons between the words in the row labels, e.g., "Number;of;things." I then manually delete the semicolons--and the spaces they occupy--...

web access: userrights to calendar
hi all i have a user A who should have access to the calendar from user B over web access this does work so far for viewing entries with https://www.domain.ch/exchangedomain/userA/kalender but user A cant add new entries or change entries. for adding new meetings, some button "ADD" is missing. for changing the entries, the button "SAVE" is greyed out. we gave user A the most full rights you can give. in outlook, its working fine, but not over web access any tipps? is it possible to give user A rights for user B calendar in some way ? thankx for any tipps mike schwarz ...

Using External/Non External Data
I have a workbook that has data imported through an iqy file in column A through F. Columns G through Z have data that is not an iqy file just regular data entry by the user. The problem is that when you use "refresh" data to import newly adde rows, the data does not stay consistent with the row. Columns through F will update, but the data in columns G through G will no stay with the follow the data in the column. Is there a way to anchor a row of data? Example: Column A will have a name, created by the iqy file. Column G will hav a date, not updated by the iqy file, but ma...

Access memory pointer
Hi Group I want to load 2 image into a memory buffer. side by side First i allocate the desired memory space. BYTE *m_pImgBuff1 ; BYTE *ptrImage1; // address of first image BYTE *ptrImage2;//address of second image m_pImgBuff1 = (BYTE*)GlobalAllocPtr(GMEM_FIXED, Imagedx*Imagedy*2/*two image*/); /////i want to load the first image into the first section of memory at ptrImage1. so i want to get these addresses first. ptrImage1=m_pImgBuff1 ; // program crashing here /// the second section for image 2 ptrImage1=m_pImgBuff1+ ( Imagedx*Imagedy*sizeof(BYTE)); So this is just a basic memor...

Access is Denied errors
We have had our Exchange inplementation in place for years now, never running any database maintenance. I recently began running eseutil /d and isinteg monthly on each message store to keep it healthy. However, after running these for the first time on Message Store 1 & Message Store 4 (in Storage Groups 1 & 2 respectively) we are experiencing several odd issues: 1. Our backups (using BackupExec) are showing errors indicating Access is Denied, though the size of the backup correlates to the size of the message stores 2. A handful of users are unable to open recurring appointment...

prevent external email
Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from receiving external email? Thanks, Jeff Yes. What version of Exchange? jeff wrote: > Is there a way to prevent a specific mailbox from > receiving external email? > > Thanks, > Jeff This is assuming you have Exch 2k3. Open ESM Expand Org Expand Global Settings Properties of Message Delivery Recipient Filtering Tab Add Email Address *This will block emails from anonymous conections. Anyone who auth's to send mail to this email will pass throught which should be the desired result. Thanks, Chad "jeff" wro...

Intermittant Trouble accessing CustomerSource
Is anyone else having trouble where after you enter your security Key then you just sit at a blank screen for ever when trying to access Customer Source? ...

External Drives...
Two questions: 1. Under disk management, I marked one of my drives 'active'. What does that mean and how do I mark it as not active, as in revert it back to whatever state it was in before - or do I care? 2. This one has been a major annoyance. No matter which USB slot I plug it into or which drive I plug in first, one of my external hard drives always sets to 'J' when I need it permanently 'I'. So annoying! As is, I keep having to change the drive letters and paths each time - 'I' to 'J' and 'J' to 'I' What gives?! ...

Incredibly slow access responce ties with split database
Hi I have a split database (access 2007), with the front-end sitting on the users local machine and the backend on a shared location on a Vista Business x64 machine. The databases are saved in Access 2003 format, only because I have one very stubborn user who refuses to upgrade to vista and office 2007. Additionally I have a copy of the backend sitting on the users local drive (laptops) for when they are out of the office. There is a form with a button allowing them to choose which backend database they wish to use. Now comes the problem. In the office, when connecting to the shared...

Access 2000 password
Hello I have lost my password to access 2000 i was trying to make my data base password protected and locked myself out access itself. I gave permissions to groups and didnt know that i was adding a password to access. I though i was just adding the password to my data base. When I click on access I know the password I prited it and it still wont let me in when i put the password in. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling microsoft office 2000 again. Thank You This is the 2nd time i have posted about this is there anyone who can help ?? Srenfro Hi, Run a search on Google ...

external access to companyweb not working
Page cannot be displayed. using sbs2k3 with all of the latest service packs, sharepoint, exchange, etc. rww and owa seem to be working fine. https://www.domainname.com:444 not working (internally nor externally) http://companyweb/default.aspx works fine. ran and reran the internet connection wizard, checked all settings in iis, port numbers, etc. I've read and re-read all of the past solutions provided and this is not working for me. Does https;// ipaddress/companyweb work? Ports 4125 444 and 443 open on the router? Tami "Steve" wrote: > ...

Multicurrency access
What difference will turning this on make to an exsiting company ? We setup our primary company without multicurrency access. A third-party software upgrade is needing this to be turned-on. Will anything else be affected ? TIA, Ken We have multicurrency and use it for some companies but not all. For the ones that don't use it, we still have to set it up, we just don't give access to any rates. Having it switched on doesn't do anything. I stongly advise you use the checklist to make sure you do everything in order (and correctly): Tools > Routines > Financial > ...

Dutch postbank format conversion program?
Hello, does anybody know of a program that can convert postbank bankstatements export to something that msmoney can read? Or does somebody know of a place where i can find programs that can convert several formats into what money can read? thnx There is some information on converting into a format that Money can read here. http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8 I have no idea about the postbank bank statements, and what format you get them in, but your detective work can start here. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for ...

DLL Programming: A webbrowser on a Dialog....
Hi All, I m creating a MFC Dll -> Regular Dll with statically linked MFC. In this Dll project, I have a Dialog Box. I tried to create a Web Browser on this dialog box in two ways: 1: Insert ActiveX control 2: Using CHtmlView class In both cases, I failed. No compilation err generates.But, --->> If I use first way (Web Browser Control) even dialog box not created. --->> If I create CHtmlView object at runtime using Create(..) function, Assertion Faied err generates when I call Create function for CHtmlView object. CODE IS AS BELOW: /******************************************...

External Hard drive 11-29-09
I am looking for a 1 to 1.5TB external hard drive to backup my system on. I do not want it to run backups automatically. What is a good one? Jim Brown(jbrown15@hvc.rr.com This one looks good - good price too: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3098104&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1260291- PS: use free Macrium ( http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp ) for imaging. It is easy to use, fast and works really well. -- whs For 1-2TB drives check: www.ecost.com ...

How Do We Insert a VC++ Routine in a MFC program?
I need to do this because I do not know how to convert the VC++ routine into MFC. However, the routine does compile (and executes with main() included) when we do it with Visual Studio 6.0 (MFC). So, assume that we have a routine hello(string bertolucci); How do we call this routine from inside a MFC program? Thanks! Maria hello("string") ; ;-) Seriously can you provide more information? Have you declared your hello() function within the class you are trying to call it from? Is the function one of yours, or is it a 'system'; API call. If it is an API call, have you inclu...

Those old Access 97 databases AFTER the conversion to 2000
I have just converted a 97 database I created long ago to 2000. After many fixes to things that just do not work the same in 2000 as they did in 97, I figured I could move the access 97 version to a new folder to save for now. When I next tried to open the 2000 converted copy, nothing worked. It would not load the main form menu, but did seem to load the database. But, trying to open a few items. .. nothing worked. Once I returned the Access 97 database to where it had been, everything was fine. Am I stuck with the Access 97 databases after I convert? Is the 2000 copy referencing...

Limiting access to specific queues to specific users or teams
CRM 3.0 Help has this under Managing Queues -- "Additional queues created by your organization, and for which you are a member, appear under Queues. You can assign a case to yourself, and it will appear in your In Progress queue." I cannot see how a user is determined to be "a member" of a Queue. So all users see every queue we create. Any way to avoid this so only certain users see specific queues? Thanks. -- Bob Have you tried sharing the queue with specified teams of users? Good Luck.. Ben "Bob Twomey" wrote: > CRM 3.0 Help has this under Manag...

Access data
Is there a way to open an Access 97 database with Excel 97? Hi C, I have a hyperlink in my excel workbook that opens the access workbook, i use it for correction purposes. Would a hyperlink work? Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492101 In Excel try Data>Import External Data>Import Data or New Database Query Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:43:...

SUMIFS in Programming
Below is waht ideally I would like to do with a procedure and I know this will not work with n in a formula, it was just to show the concept of what I was after. I would appreciate any guidance. Graham For n = 37 To 44 Cells(3, n).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=SUMIFS(R15C14:R600C14,R15C13:R600C13,R2Cn,R15C4:R600C4,R3C35)" Next n Hi Graham One way Cells(3, 37).Formula = _ "=SUMIFS($N$15:$N$600,$M$15:$M$600,$AK$2,D$15:$D$600,AI$3)" Cells(3, 37).Copy Range(Cells(3, 38), Cells(3, 44)) -- Regards Roger ...

Error for Service Program
I am writting a service program. There is a demo in MSDN. I write my demo use this code but it cannot be used. When I try to start the service, it will be exit after a few seconds. I find another demo from Internet.There is some code like this. terminateEvent = CreateEvent (0, TRUE, FALSE, 0); WaitForSingleObject (terminateEvent, INFINITE); why there must be some code like this? -- Hi! I wrote a service a couple month ago(VSC++6.0). In generally in my case there were two problem: 1, The service not really started due to some initialization problem. 2, My main service func...

External References vs. Get External Data
Greetings: I'm using Excel 07. I've got external works books that contain data lists. = Information in those lists is referenced via VLOOKUPS in thousands of place= s in the target workbook. Is it more efficient / easier to maintain if I pu= ll the data into its own sheets via an ODBC connection and then do VLOOKUPS= to the local copies of the data, or should I continue using the thousands = of VLOOKUPS to external workbooks? TIA Keith ...

Error accessing Reports
When anyone tries to access Reports they get the following error: "System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved." Has anyone else had this problem? Know how to fix it? I've done some searching but haven't been successful. Thanks! Danielle ...

Hello,a programe problem about explorer.exe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C37D26.09015F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello,I create a programe,when the programe run for a long time, the explorer.exe is using cpu 12%-20% , but if I close my programe,the cpu is 1%-4%,everything is ok. why this happend?and what I do in the programe? ------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C37D26.09015F60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Trans...