Express downloads all email accounts

Express insists on downloading emails to other user
accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual
addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use
the same pop3 account, but are unique within that
account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP
0
lpawley (1)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

"Lance" <lpawley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Express insists on downloading emails to other user
> accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual
> addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use
> the same pop3 account, but are unique within that
> account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP

0
vince8328 (2733)

Converting email from outlook express to outlook 2003
I recently purchased microsoft office professional edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook express. My email is still going to outlook express. How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Tony <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently purchased microsoft office professional > edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook > express. My email is still going to outlook express. > How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Set up Outlook. Create your account so that its properties match the account in OE. Then, open your Internet Op...

How to prevent opening email program
I have a column with email addresses. When I click on one...to edit it...my email program automatically opens. How can I prevent this action. I'm using Excel 2002. I followed the instructions on how to "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". This seemed to work for one click. But as soon as focus changed to another cell, the previously clicked cell then became an active hyperlink to my email program. (underlined, in blue, and ready to open my email program) There must be a way to deactivate at this "feature" TIA Bob, A simple way is like this: right click ...

IMF
Like many people, I need to set my IMF to allow email from a specific domain or email address from that domain. These messages come from a large corporation I won't name except that it starts with a D and has a rodent as its mascot. I mention that because emails from companies of this size often come from numerous IPs so setting that rule on the IMF is not as practical. I have done this successfully in the past last summer with the help of a link I found on this board to an Exchange blog and now I kick myself for not saving it. Oy! I had to edit a certain file in the exchange direct...

Cant send to Hotmail accounts
Hi all, Have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. When I send an email out to a domain, there is no probs, but if I try sending to hotmail, it goes, but is never received. James "James Duffy" <jasduffy77@hotmail.com> wrote: >Have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. When I send an email out to a >domain, there is no probs, but if I try sending to hotmail, it goes, but is >never received. So, how is this a problem for Exchange? The other SMTP server accepted the message for delivery, never delivered it, and didn't return a NDR. Why not ask the folks at hot...

outlook express #70
I saved emails from my previous computer from Outlook Express on CD. I am running the identical program on my new computer and I cannot get my emails to load on this computers Outlook Express. Could you help me to get these emails off my CD. "Joni Clark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070001c3aa4f$f15ce080$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I saved emails from my previous computer from Outlook > Express on CD. I am running the identical program on my > new computer and I cannot get my emails to load on this > computers Outlook Express. Could you...

Downloading older bank transactions
Once you have done the intial downloading in Money, is it possible to go back and pick up some of the older transactions from your bank? For example. Say I've downloaded the last 3 months transactions. A month later I decide I'd like to go back and pick up the bank transactions for 6 months ago forward. Is this possible? Thanks, all. Eric -- All The Best Eric Lemmons Eric, You will need to go to your accounts website and see if you can download from there. Money can only go back so far. Cindy "Eric Lemmons" <EricLemmons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Email Publisher document as body of email
I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send as body of email as I created it? "sgalovich" wrote: > I have always created a Pub. document and then sent it as the body of an > email. Now when I choose that option, it scrambles it up and puts template > headings, etc. on my document. What happened that I can't continue to send > as body of email as I created it? "sgalov...

Out look multiple sends of large email
When I send an email with a 1 meg or larger attachment, it will keep sending the email over & over, up to 10 times until i cancel the delivery 7 it doesn't show up as being sent (it's not in my sent folder) it's still in the out box, I I have filled severeal of my freinds emails servers with this. Any ideas whats happening? exactly the same problem- I had it before upgrading to 2003, and still do. Small email messages, without attachments, and even larger messages with backgrounds, etc. still work allright- is this a problem with attachments or size!!!? ...

attachments on Outlook Express
The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? "spencer" <spencer4444@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1f0201c42754$31980900$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The attachments on my incoming email are shadowed out and > I can't open them. How can I get the attachments to open? Tools-Options-Security for the 160,000th time.......... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name....

mass emailing to database of addresses
I have a new computer that is running on XP home edition. Since changing from Windows 98 to XP I can't send a mass email to all my addresses in my database of about 200 I am using outlook 2000 and never had a problem until now ...

Sending Emails 03-09-10
Like a few other people, I can not send emails, but can recieve them, and I need to be able to send them for my business. What can I do to fix this? "malzican" <malzican@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A71F9A7-8AF8-4BFA-BA9C-91FBBEA720DE@microsoft.com... > Like a few other people, I can not send emails, but can recieve them, and > I > need to be able to send them for my business. What can I do to fix this? We need the complete - unedited error message that is generated when you try to send. Select it>copy and paste it to your ...

Word as Email Editor #5
When I have word as my editor for outlook, I get an error message saying - "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'. When I remove word as the editor, it works fine. I would like to use word as my editor does anyone have an ideas as to why this is occuring? See: http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/pid/605/qid/806280 ...

Re-install Outlook Express 5
I up dated via download the OE version 6. Now some of my programs do not work properly because of a lack of available memory. Where can I find the old version 5, and can I re-install it? Larry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I up dated via download the OE version 6. Now some of my > programs do not work properly because of a lack of > available memory. Where can I find the old version 5, and > can I re-install it? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Express
Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000? Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt recognize them. Thom Either in OE go to File-Export or in Outlook go to File-Import and export. "Thom" <tlaybourne@hyspan.com> wrote in message news:34f901c3aa12$20df8a80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can I import Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2000? > Express seems to use dbx extensions and 2000 doesnt > recognize them. > > Thom Ok. What do you select for IMPORT? OR What do you select for EXPORT TO.. I can export to Excel but it errors during import. I ca...

how do I retrieve an undeliverable email?
-- Dawn Lundquist Retrieve in which way? It's in your Sent Items folder by default. Some NDR messages have the original message as an attachment but that is completely up to the mail server and how it is configured than Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "dawn" <dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED33C2D2-B57E-41DB-8B8E-343A...

Outlook Express opening slowly ??
I have WinXP Pro, running Outlook Express. Whenever i open OE6 it opens to the inbox, sticks (freezes) for about 10 to 15 seconds, then opens up the Inbox mail. It works fine from there on in. What could be causing it to open this slowly, is it checking on something and how can i stop it doing whatever it's doing in this time. It never used to happen. I did put some basic filters on e-mails (junk mail etc), and i thought it was that but i have removed them (i think) and it's just the same ??? Cheers Andy ...

messages won't download from pop3 server
I've had WLM for 2 years on this computer, with the same pop3 charter e-mail account. Recently started having trouble downloading messages to WLM, sometimes they would duplicate5X, or like today, can't get them to download at all. Help!? Are you getting any error messages? If you never complete downloading all the existing e-mail messages from a POP3 mail server, the next time it will start over from the beginning and send the messages that you may already have. This is by design of the POP3 mail protocol. As a fail safe, the server always assumes on a lost connecti...

Cannot View Downloaded Transactions in MSM2005
Am I the only one? I can see, in Account List, that I have a number of transactions to read/review/process. When I navigate into the account(s) to be reviewed, no *new* transactions appear. Therefore, I cannot reconcile them. Automatic updates has been flakey; I have been manually downloading from Wachovia. rsquared I am suddenly experiencing the same issue, both with automatically downloaded credit card transactions, and with transactions from our credit union credit card that I download manually. When I click on the link the account opens, but the transactions don't appear. &q...

How do I bcc all emails I send using Outlook 2003
I'm trying to BCC all my outgoing emails by performing a custom action in rules but I can't input. Advice appreciated!! See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autobcc.htm "Hotmark" <Hotmark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAF580E4-A55E-4A74-AF67-AE036D39A586@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to BCC all my outgoing emails by performing a custom action in > rules but I can't input. Advice appreciated!! ...

outlook express...
it only works about 40% of the time. I get this error.... The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have contacted my isp and everything is good on their end and this is a chronic issue. Can you please help me resolve this? thanks... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgrou...

Junk Email Filter #3
I have several accounts and move each to a different directory. I also have the junk email filter turned on. I can see the junk email go into the appropriate folder and then get moved to the accounts folder. How do I set the junk rule to either run after the other rules or to not run other rules one the email is in the junk folder. Thanks, Ron Outlook 2003? Stop using rules to move messages - use search folders. I have search folders looking for words in the message header (my other email addresses), but you can do it by account too. http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040219.htm#in...

M05: Cannot download transactions
I have M05 deluxe and I have bank of america. Since the upgrade, I cannot download transactions (formely fleet account). Has anyone had this problem. Please let me know how to fix this problem. In microsoft.public.money, Matthew Hodges wrote: >I have M05 deluxe and I have bank of america. Since the upgrade, I >cannot download transactions (formely fleet account). Has anyone had >this problem. It has been discussed some. See http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=fleet&num=30&scoring=d&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=boa+boac+bank.of.america&as_eq=&as_ugroup=mic...

Multiple recipents, multiple emails
We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix? BigMan <BigMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We run Exchange 2003 in our organisation and are having problems with mail is >sent to more than one recipient from external sources. If mail is sent to 4 >users, each user receives 4 copies of the message, 3 goes to 3, 2 to 2 etc. >Ha...

importar emails y cuentas desde Outlook Express 6 a Windows Mail
Me acabo de comprar un laptop con Windows Vista, mi anterior Laptop tenia XP y usaba el Outlook Express 6 y necesito pasar todos esos emails a Windows Mail, alguien me puede explicar como?? ...

Outlook Express #285
How do I set up Outlook Express, so that it opens with my Identity instead of the Main Identity? Thanks, dmorgan wrote: > How do I set up Outlook Express, so that it opens with my Identity instead of > the Main Identity? > > Thanks, File-identities-manage identities-check 'use this...' http://www.insideoe.com/tips/forceid.htm In the future better ask in: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress -- Gérard gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl ...