Exporting japanese from Express to Outlook

I am trying to help a friend of mine who is japanese and who has
problem with exporting Outlook Express messages to Outlook. The proble
is the following:

. When exporting the messages written in japanese i.e. Kanji as well a
Hiragana and Katakana the result in Outlook is a range of signs tha
has got nothing to do with the original message.

. I could not find any option allowing me to change the mail forma
that's received in Outlook although the japanese language coding i
activated...

. Furthermore the same problem happens quite often when sending mail t
people using hotmail or other mail services where the message receive
at the other end is completely unreadable.

I guess that some of you must have encountered the same kind of issue
at least I hope so, in that case did you find a remedy?

Many thanks in advance, any kind of help is welcome.

Luk

links in e-mail outlook 2007
web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked "jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A975500-C686-4FE2-9ECD-F17A8F4C2E88@microsoft.com... > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of questions and answers about this. jfrank wrote: > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting ...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Outlook syncronization with contacts/apointments
My outlook is not syncing with CRM. If i add a contact to Outllok and sync the contact dows not show up in CRM. I have to "track in CRM". Is this the way it works? Thanks, Brian on outlook CRM-Option ....and then see what are you synchronizing and what is the minimum time for synchronization. if you have doubt that nothing is coming from CRM to out loook then. make a appointmen in CRM and then click on CRM------synchronize CRM with outlook ( as i dont have CRM outlook so might be i am bit wrong about name :) .. You will see any error if there is error in synchronization. /A...

Outlook has found a problem and needs to close
Outlook 2003, when opened, displays the message "Outlook has found a problem and needs to close" It has made Outlook unavailable and useless. Would appreciate help. Charles Kerr ...

Export to XML exports single row only

Problems with Outlook and LDAP address book
Hi, I've a problem with Outlook 2003 using, or trying to use, an LDAP address book. I've configured correctly all the parameters to use LDAP, but when I open the address book no address appears. If I open the address book from the tools menu (I have the Italian version of Outlook and so I don't know if this is the English name of the menu "Strumenti") and I use the search icon from the window, the address that corrisponds the search criteria that I type appear. Closing outlook the address book loose all the address again. Our address book is a Lotus Notes address b...

Delay Send and Outbox Prompt when Exiting Outlook
When I send a message using the Delay Send option, the email goes to my Outbox folder. If I exit Outlook, I get a warning that there are unsent messages in my Outbox. Is there any way to avoid getting prompted about messages being in my Outbox when I use the Delay Send feature? I get prompted about having an item in my Outbox whether or not I am in Cached Mode. I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2007. Thanks. -- Carolyn Carolyn wrote: > When I send a message using the Delay Send option, the email goes to my > Outbox folder. If I exit Outlook, I get a warnin...

Outlook error mesage
I just installed Outlook XP and I am getting a error message. ( Can not open default e-mail folder ETC.) need help. Thanks Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott asked: | I just installed Outlook XP and I am getting a error | message. ( Can not open default e-mail folder ETC.) need | help. Thanks how do i do that.Thanks ...

Expressions are not evaluated.
I migrated my acccess application from Access 2000 to Access 2007. There is a form with data from a table-few columns. This form has controls for subtotals both at the row level and at the bottom of the column level. In 2007, my row level subtotal expression gets evaluated immediately and shows value. The column level subtotals are showing blanks. But switching to a different application for couple of times and back to Access causes evaluation. I am not sure how to bring back the Access 2000 original behavior. ...

Outlook Web Access 2003
Question: For an customer installation there might be words that are more convient if they were in the dictionary - so that they would not repeatedly show up in the spell checker. Is there a way for an administrator add to the dictionary? Thanks -Tom Not natively. Check out Messageware's PlusPack for that functionality (and more... like browsing GAL). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "edev" <edev@siscom.net> wrote in message news:eoEzLv12FHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Question:...

Help *** Outlook 2003 PST file corruption almost every time Outlook runs
I am really frustrated. I have been checking my Outlook PST file recently regularly and have found that almost EVERY time I open Outlook and close it again my PST file has "Minor inconsistencies". I don't have to do anything in outlook, like check emails, open emails or anything else - just Open app, close app => corrupt PST! I fix it each time but next time ... Has anyone else experienced this? I have WinXP SP2, Office 2003 Pro. With Outlook I have NOD32 and AdMuncher running ( both of which at least read incoming stuff) and also POPfile. I have tried the following:...

need help with outlook 2000
I have client with microsoft outlook 2000 running on a XP machine. recently outlook closes on its own. I have tried the detect and repair option under help and tried a fresh install but the problem still persist. What other options are there to try? ...

Can't connect Hotmail to Outlook Express 6.x
I have Outlook Express 6.x running with XP SPC2. I have configured my hotmail account in express and get the following error when I try to connect: "Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12019, Error Number: 0x80004005" I have searched the Microsoft Knowledge base and have not been able to solve this problem. Can anyone help? Thank you. Tim Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office g...

Outlook 2002 Startup Problem
When starting Outlook 2002 (XP) on and XP Pro system I get the following message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" I am then prompted to send an error report. After which Outlook will only run in Outlook Safe Mode. There are 2 users on this PC and only 1 user has this problem. I have run Office Repair and scanpst.exe. Scanpst did find 2 errors which were repaired. When I run scanpst.exe again I do not have any errors. I have cleaned up my PST file by deleting almost all of my email. The file is now only 11MB. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance f...

Outlook 2003 with active VPN connection not sending
When I have at VPN connection open, I'm finding that Outlook refuses to send any email out. How do I fix this (besides closing my VPN connection each time I want to send/receive!) As a side note: I've noticed other gimpiness with it too relating to packet fragmentation, where my mail would bounce for no reason. I had to change my MTU to fix that. Why is Outlook seemingly so sensitive to network configuration? Outlook Express does not seem to have these limitations. Is this some kind of negative feature introduced with this version of the product? Should I go back to my old...

Export / Import Security

Export item ID?

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Outlook Express for Windows XP
When I receieve an attachment I can not veiw the picture, it just brings up a box with a little red x in the top left corner. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

outlook calander #5
I know Vista has a calendar that can be used for events and will show events when do. I have set outlook calendar as the default so will events show up when vista loads or just when outlook is open? It would make more sense if it showed events when vista loads since it's the default calendar than just when outlook is opened. Outlook must be open to function. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Gh...

Sharing contacts in outlook 2007
I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click open contacts they get the following error "the folder you have selected is not available" i have tried removing and reapplying the permissions but still can not get around this. please help Is the contact folder your main folder or a subfolder to your "main" contact folder? Does it work with the calendar? -- Best regards Malin D Office consultant/Trainer "Toon@Hudson" wrote: > I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click ...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

American Express and online services
Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. Just found you searching for some answers! I have two questions that maybe someone can help with. I was using Money Deluxe 04 and really liked it. Downloading transactions made life so much easier. But then came Money 05. I don't know what they did( I don't think they know either) but for some reason you couldn't create online services with Amex without adding a third account that was the sum total of the regular account and the sign and travel, so needless to say numbers were all wrong. Then they promised me that the problem was fixed. They d...