Exporting/Importing PST files - error - too large file with free s

I am trying to move my email messages from old to a new computer. My PST file
is about 6GB. I am trying to copy it to an external HDD with 70GB of free
space and it tells me that it has insufficient memory! I try to copy it via a
network - the same story.Regardless of the size of free space it never allows
it to paste with the same error message.
What can I do? I need to migrate the messages!!!
I even downladed the Migrate program but even the file that this prgram
crated faces the same problem.
0
Rustam (1)

In news:693BD524-6D5B-4208-B26E-9A59FB425882@microsoft.com,
Rustam <Rustam@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I am trying to move my email messages from old to a new computer. My
> PST file is about 6GB. I am trying to copy it to an external HDD with
> 70GB of free space and it tells me that it has insufficient memory! I
> try to copy it via a network - the same story.Regardless of the size
> of free space it never allows it to paste with the same error message.
> What can I do? I need to migrate the messages!!!
> I even downladed the Migrate program but even the file that this
> prgram crated faces the same problem.

This doesn't sound like an Outlook problem....and it doesn't sound like
you're doing importing or exporting of PST files, but are *copying* them.
That's a good thing, note - you really want to avoid import/exprt.

That said:

1. Make sure Outlook is closed; outlook.exe must not be running in task mgr
2. Make sure the destination drive is not formated FAT32, as that will limit
you to a 4GB file. NTFS does not have this limitation.

0
lanwench (7567)
8/26/2006 4:49:22 PM
Note:  External drives are formatted FAT32 by default - it may be the source
of the OPs problem.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] asked:

| In news:693BD524-6D5B-4208-B26E-9A59FB425882@microsoft.com,
| Rustam <Rustam@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
|| I am trying to move my email messages from old to a new computer. My
|| PST file is about 6GB. I am trying to copy it to an external HDD with
|| 70GB of free space and it tells me that it has insufficient memory! I
|| try to copy it via a network - the same story.Regardless of the size
|| of free space it never allows it to paste with the same error
|| message. What can I do? I need to migrate the messages!!!
|| I even downladed the Migrate program but even the file that this
|| prgram crated faces the same problem.
|
| This doesn't sound like an Outlook problem....and it doesn't sound
| like you're doing importing or exporting of PST files, but are
| *copying* them. That's a good thing, note - you really want to avoid
| import/exprt.
|
| That said:
|
| 1. Make sure Outlook is closed; outlook.exe must not be running in
| task mgr
| 2. Make sure the destination drive is not formated FAT32, as that
| will limit you to a 4GB file. NTFS does not have this limitation.

0
MillyS (3228)

What's wrong with VS.NET/2005
At the upcoming MVP Summit, we get a chance to give feedback directly to Microsoft about VS. I have my own list of all the problems of VS.NET/2005, but if you have your own favorite issues (bugs, poor interfaces, etc.) post your comments in this thread, and I'll do my best to see that the comments are presented. I will probably summarize them but I will also collect the original postings and present those as well. So here's a chance to be heard! I'll do what I can to convey all your concerns. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flound...

Take a look at this important patch
--pbahpynclubz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mqppwmtulrtd"; type="multipart/alternative" --mqppwmtulrtd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wznjzkwxmisjrdc" --wznjzkwxmisjrdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

merging 2 -3 different MS money files into one
hi over a period of testing and doing other things i have created multiple MS Money files mostly with the same accounts and same transactions, the main difference is the transactions that are available in those files, the oldest file has the oldest transactions and newest one has all the new transactions but both contain some common so i want to merge all of them into one so that i can get all transactions from the begining till now. what is the best method to do this. thanks There is no good method. The only method, and not a good one, is File|Export of individual accounts to .QIF ...

Export to XML exports single row only

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

winmail.dat
When we send attachments to people they show up on their ends as winmail.dat files. We are using Outlook 2000 on the XP platform. I researched and can't seem to come up with a solution. We are not using RTF (rich text format) and that seems to be the only configuration associated with this problem that I can find. We are using plain text and it still happens when we forward an email w/ an attachment and reset it to send via plain text. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Use plain text or html format and disable Word as your e-mail editor. If it still occours, it could b...

Export / Import Security

how can i discover a .avi video's frame size? thanks~~
AVIFileOpen, AVIFileInfo, AVIFileClose If you want to work with more than just AVI files, look at DirectShow. "poplarc" <poplarc@126.com> wrote in message news:On5APxKkEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > thanks :) "GuitarBill" <GuitarBill_at_cox_dot_net> д���ʼ� news:OnYmmUTkEHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > AVIFileOpen, AVIFileInfo, AVIFileClose > > If you want to work with more than just AVI files, look at DirectShow. > > "poplarc" <poplarc@126.com> wrote in message > news:On5APxKkEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl....

walk-in's for fresh\exp
http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/sap-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/dotnet-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/linux-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/mcse-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/c-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/networking-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/oracle-jobs.html http://jobsinformation-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/06/java-jobs.html ...

Export item ID?

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Recovering Files
Is there any possible way where you can recover a file that has been lost, and when it appeared in the autorecover box wasn't saved? Thanks for your help. You could be lucky and it will be in your temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Look for files that have a pub prefix, change the .tmp extension to .pub. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kate" <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2E96A9-AED1-4524-B0CF-E4A2EDDF94CF@microsoft.com... > Is there an...

How do I email a hyperlink to a program file with a website as a parameter
Hi all, We're trying to email a hyperlink to a program file on a persons C: drive which by itself works fine. But when we append a parameter in the form of http://website.com then it thinks the entire link is a website and chokes. What we're trying to do start a Citrix ICA file from an email and feed it a dynamic website. The full link is "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" \\server\share\IE.ICA /param:"HTTP://website.com" I want the link to be just as is but Outlook changes the backslashes to forward slashes and generally mucks it up. ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

How do I create a "cumulative" chart in Excell, which ADDS #'s ?
I simply want to create a chart which ADDS each numerical value to the one preceeding it, resulting in a graph which, by definition, keeps increasing in value....rather than one which goes up and down to reflect each individual value entered. Hi, This is not a charting issue, instead you need to set up your data area to handle this and then chart that. For example if you have your numeric values in cells B10:M10, then in B11 enter the formula =B10+A10 (where nothing is in cell A10) and copy it across to column M. Then chart this row of data rather than row 10. -- Cheers, Shane Dev...

Converting Quicken File
I converted my Quciken file to Money 2004 but was not able to convert the Quicken Emergency Records Organizer. Is there a way to import that data into Money? ...

Conversion / Import
Is the any way of converting or importing Adobe InDesign into Publisher (2002) Bern at DCA <Bern at DCA@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is the any way of converting or importing Adobe InDesign into > Publisher (2002) Copy and Paste? (This requires that you have InDesign installed) Otherwise, no. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Change default .pst file
I have just received Outlook 2002 and I have a .pst file that I have been using. How can I change the default .pst file in OL2002 to point to my old file in my briefcase. Thanks ...

Exporting to Powerpoint

relative import path in public schema
I'm using a public set of schemas for GML, avaiable at www.opengis.net/gml. They all include or import each other but live in a folder hierarchy, so the import statement includes schemaLocation="../xlink/xlinks.xsd". I've written a schema that imports the top level one using schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.0/base/feature.xsd". I've also tried downloading it and putting it in the schema cache but in both cases the build fails with 'Cannot resolve the schemaLocation attribute'. I'm using Visual C# 2005 Express and I'm new...

Free/busy time for a user shows no information
While trying to view someone's free/busy information when scheduling a meeting in the Calendar, their information shows gray slashes and says No information is available. We are all on the same Outlook Exchange Server. Please assist Try opening Outlook using the \cleanfreebusy switch on that users computer. See KB296192 "Keighla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d22301c439d1$98fc34b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > While trying to view someone's free/busy information when > scheduling a meeting in the Calendar, their information > shows...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

WMP Subtitles When Playing A File
When I Play an MPEG file is some of my other Media Players, sunch as BlazeDVD 5.1, subtitles are shown when I play the file. However, when I play the file in WMP 11.0, the subtitles are not shown. I know the subtitles are in the video stream because they show up in other players but why not WMP? Are you supposed to be able to turn the subtitles off and on? I have read on other forums that the subtitles are embedded in the video. But, how can that be? In one player they show up and another they don't. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:09:01 -0800, Ray <Ray@discussions.microsoft.c...