Exporting/importing accounts

Hi

Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into
another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same accounts if
I can avoid that.

Thanks

Regards

0
john6244 (170)

No, Outlook does not have that ability since the IMO modes of Outlook =
98/2000.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, John asked:

| Hi
|=20
| Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into
| another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same
| accounts if I can avoid that.
|=20
| Thanks
|=20
| Regards
Can I use xp files and settings transfer wizard or some other method?

Thanks

Regards

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, John asked:

| Hi
|
| Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import into
| another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same
| accounts if I can avoid that.
|
| Thanks
|
| Regards

0
john6244 (170)
3/24/2007 9:48:38 PM
I don't know but it can't hurt to try.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, John asked:

| Can I use xp files and settings transfer wizard or some other method?
|=20
| Thanks
|=20
| Regards
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <millysdonteventhinkaboutmailingme@mvps.org> wrote in message
| No, Outlook does not have that ability since the IMO modes of Outlook
| 98/2000.
|=20
|=20
|| Hi
||=20
|| Is there a way to export mail accounts from one OL2007 and import
|| into another OL2007? I just don't want to spend time recreating same
|| accounts if I can avoid that.
||=20
|| Thanks
||=20
|| Regards

Take a look at this important patch
--pbahpynclubz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mqppwmtulrtd"; type="multipart/alternative" --mqppwmtulrtd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wznjzkwxmisjrdc" --wznjzkwxmisjrdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Export to XML exports single row only

Setting up 2 e-mail accounts
I want to set up an e-mail account for my wife in outlook 2002. She does not have many computer skills and I really don't want her using my e-mail. I would like to set up outlook to check her mail when she wants to and not mine. Is there a way to do this maybe with a shortcut icon either in outlook or on the desktop? Create separate mailprofiles for Outlook and configure it to prompt you for a profile when you start Outlook. You can do this by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mont...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export / Import Security

Re: Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I can send using the second e-mail address, but the e-mail does not appear in the Inbox. I have even tried switching the default account, but the message still will not appear in the Inbox. When I click Send/Receive, it does not appear. I can change the "From:" on any message that I send - it is a simple drop down - but there is no such option in the Inbox. Thank you. "Noland Harper" <noland.harper@comcast.net> wrote in message news:... >I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers >(provided by the ISP) as I used ...

mapi account continues to ask for password
I have a mapi account ( Microsoft Exchange Server ) that continues to require a password before sending/receiving for the new session. I have checked the box to remember my password, but Outlook continues to uncheck it and I am required to enter the password again. Is there a solution to this annoyance? Thank you in advance. What version of outlook? (Please include the build number) Tools | Help | About Microsoft Outlook Is the error message requesting just the password or is there any mention of Network in the error? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Jerzah" <jerzah@hotp...

Using the same Payee for Credit Card & Bank Account?
I am running Microsoft Money 2005: I have a Current account and a Credit Card account with HSBC. I therefore have a Payee 'HSBC Bank plc', which I enter in the 'Pay To' text box when entering a transaction going from my Current account to my Credit Card account. I also use exactly the same Payee to enter Interest payments in various different accounts. Is it normal to use the same Payee for many different purposes? Is there a standard way of organising this... Would it be usual to split all the Payee's into HSBC Credit Card (for all credit card payments and interest...

Error while merging accounts
I get an error stating that I do not have enough permissions to merge accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to merge contacts without any trouble. Also if I am the owner of the 2 accounts to be merged then I can merge them but if someone else is the owner then I get an error message. I have permission to assign accounts. Does anyone know what other permissions I need to be able to merge accounts?? Thank You in advance. ...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Reply to all doen not include my accounts
In Outlook Express I have several accounts. When I do a [reply to all] on a message sent to several addresses, OE does not only filter the account from which the message is answered (=myself), but all of my accounts. It looks like it's be design, but for me not very handy, because some of theses accounts are used group-wise. Is this somewhere configurable, of does this solution need a tweek or fix? Twan Huh? If your "several addresses" are aliases for the same mailbox, OE will use the default address when REPLYING TO or FORWARDING a received message. ...

FRx and Unit Account Rollups
I have a stumper. I use an external payroll application but I'd like to do some calculations by FTE on my financials. I created a unit account to which I will post the number of FTEs each month. I now want this account to print on my financials out of FRx. I added the full account number (ie 888-8888-88) to my row format. I am using a tree broken out by departments. I didn't make any changes to my tree and the 888 department is not included in the tree. The issue is that when I print my financials, by department I have the correct FTE account balance but on any subtotal f...

Limit Account Transactions, still access Transaction Entry
Customer would like to have user's not access Account Transactions but can still be able to enter transactions. Following KB#887951 takes access to Transaction Entry away. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

how do i set up gmail account in outlook
how can i set up my gmail account to outlook 2003 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12103&query=outlook&topic=0&type=f --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, GEORGE MECHERY asked: | how can i set up my gmail account to outlook 2003 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=3D12103&query=3Doutlo= ok&topic=3D0&type=3Df > &g...

problem updating account online in Money Plus
Hi all, I just upgraded (kicking and screaming) from Money 2004 to Money Plus. Prior to the upgrade I was able to download account activity for my 401k with Hewitt. After the upgrade, money is returning a password error when attempting to retrieve the information. I'm able to log into the website with no problem, and the information stored in Money matches (it carried over from 04). Everything worked perfectly prior to the upgrade. Any ideas? --Bryan In microsoft.public.money, bryan.guinn@gmail.com wrote: >Hi all, > >I just upgraded (kicking and screaming) from Money 2004 to ...

Conversion / Import
Is the any way of converting or importing Adobe InDesign into Publisher (2002) Bern at DCA <Bern at DCA@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is the any way of converting or importing Adobe InDesign into > Publisher (2002) Copy and Paste? (This requires that you have InDesign installed) Otherwise, no. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

relative import path in public schema
I'm using a public set of schemas for GML, avaiable at www.opengis.net/gml. They all include or import each other but live in a folder hierarchy, so the import statement includes schemaLocation="../xlink/xlinks.xsd". I've written a schema that imports the top level one using schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.0/base/feature.xsd". I've also tried downloading it and putting it in the schema cache but in both cases the build fails with 'Cannot resolve the schemaLocation attribute'. I'm using Visual C# 2005 Express and I'm new...

Can a posting account be changed to an allocation account?
We have an expense account that is in one department. We want to allocate that expense to other departments. Can the existing account be changed to an allocation account? If yes, how? If not, we can add a new account, but the AP staff is used to using this account number. Bob, You cannot switch an account from one posting type to another. The only thing I can think of is using the Account Combiner/Modifier tool available from Microsoft to change the existing account number to something else, which will then free up the number the accounting staff is familiar with and you can create a...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

GL Year End close to multiple account segments
Not for Profit organizations often have a need to clost thier GL to multiple divisions/departments/restricted (temp or Un) accounts. The limitation with General Ledger is that you select ONE segment to close out to and often they need multiple segments to define the close process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...