Export works - Import will not work?

Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates the
PST file. When I try to  import, browsing for file, I cannot find the PST
file to import?

It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or what?

Thanks

0
sagegrp (56)

Always choose your save locations carefully ;-)

By default Outlook export to the following folder;
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for
pst-file.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates
> the
> PST file. When I try to  import, browsing for file, I cannot find the PST
> file to import?
>
> It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or
> what?
>
> Thanks

0
Roady
5/21/2004 12:25:12 PM
Thanks, I have set the folder option, so I can see hidden files. I can see
it with Windows Explorer. I cannot see it when I import and browse for the
file - in the folder I created for it.

??

message news:uqFV28yPEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Always choose your save locations carefully ;-)
>
> By default Outlook export to the following folder;
> C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
>
> Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching
for
> pst-file.
>
> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates
> > the
> > PST file. When I try to  import, browsing for file, I cannot find the
PST
> > file to import?
> >
> > It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or
> > what?
> >
> > Thanks

0
sagegrp (56)
5/21/2004 7:39:15 PM
Are you sure you're in the right folder? There is a
\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
and
\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
> Thanks, I have set the folder option, so I can see hidden files. I can see
> it with Windows Explorer. I cannot see it when I import and browse for the
> file - in the folder I created for it.
>
> ??
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in
> message news:uqFV28yPEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Always choose your save locations carefully ;-)
>>
>> By default Outlook export to the following folder;
>> C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
>>
>> Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching
> for
>> pst-file.
>>
>> --
>> Roady [MVP]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -Creating Signatures
>> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>>
>> -----
>> "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> > Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates
>> > the
>> > PST file. When I try to  import, browsing for file, I cannot find the
> PST
>> > file to import?
>> >
>> > It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or
>> > what?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Roady
5/21/2004 10:14:19 PM
Rody

I have made a special folder for my export. It goes there, when I browse to
that folder from Outlook import - it does not show?

message news:uGC%23CG4PEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Are you sure you're in the right folder? There is a
> \%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
> and
> \%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
>

> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks, I have set the folder option, so I can see hidden files. I can
see
> > it with Windows Explorer. I cannot see it when I import and browse for
the
> > file - in the folder I created for it.
> >
> > ??
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> > in
> > message news:uqFV28yPEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> Always choose your save locations carefully ;-)
> >>
> >> By default Outlook export to the following folder;
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
> >> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
> >>
> >> Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when
searching
> > for
> >> pst-file.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Roady [MVP]
> >> www.howto-outlook.com
> >>
> >> Tips of the month:
> >> -Creating Signatures
> >> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >>
> >> -----
> >> "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > PST

0
sagegrp (56)
5/24/2004 1:15:34 PM
By the way - this is a new installed upgrade to Office 2003.
message news:uGC%23CG4PEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Are you sure you're in the right folder? There is a
> \%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
> and
> \%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
>

> --
> Roady [MVP]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks, I have set the folder option, so I can see hidden files. I can
see
> > it with Windows Explorer. I cannot see it when I import and browse for
the
> > file - in the folder I created for it.
> >
> > ??
> >

> > "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> > in
> > message news:uqFV28yPEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> Always choose your save locations carefully ;-)
> >>
> >> By default Outlook export to the following folder;
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
> >> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
> >>
> >> Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when
searching
> > for
> >> pst-file.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Roady [MVP]
> >> www.howto-outlook.com
> >>
> >> Tips of the month:
> >> -Creating Signatures
> >> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
> >>
> >> -----
> >> "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > PST

0
sagegrp (56)

Working with listviews
Hey all, I am really having the worst time trying to figure out the way the listview control works. Basically as a side project I am working on an Address Book, and in it I have a listview control with the obvious columns(First Name, City, State, etc). When the program is closed the data gets saved to a comma delimited file called data.dat. When the program is opened data.dat is automatically read into a string array line by line which is then supposed to add each array element into its appropriate column in the listview. But I cannot get anything to show up on the control ><...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

SMS Schema extension not working I think
Hello, I am having a weird problem I just extended AD Schema and got the following log ExtADSch.log: <05-25-2005 13:23:22> Modifying Active Directory Schema - with SMS extensions. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> DS Root:CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=MS-SMS-Site-Code already exists. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=mS-SMS-Assignment-Site-Code already exists. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=MS-SMS-Site-Boundaries already exists. <05-25-2005 13:23:23> Attribute cn=MS-SMS-Roaming-Boundaries already exists. <05-...

spell check no longer working
whenever I send an e-mail my spell check says that an error had occurred with spell check and when I send, it says that spell check was halted-do you still want to send. I can't figure out what's going on, it's been doing it for awhile now, but it used to work fine Please help Thank you!!! ...

"The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"
We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can share one calendar. After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone, we no longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments. When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?" ===== On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:46:02 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote: [T]he error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox folders. So you...

Export item ID?

Sending Email from Work to Home
This situation that I am about to describe just started on Monday. Whenever I am at work I hit my home ISP POP3 server to retrieve my emails at work. People can send me emails from the office or anywhere else and I have no problems getting them at work. However, when I send or forward a mail from work to my home, I would normally get it back here at work as well as at home. But this does not happen. I have made no changes to any of the settings. It is like it goes into outer space. Here is what I have tried to correct the problem: 1. Cold Rebooting. 2. Removing and reinstalling ...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Rules not working
I am being bombarded with spam. I have set up some Rules to try to filter out certain e-mail messages that contain certain words. For example, I get about 30 messages a day with the word "re-finance" or "mortgage" in either the Subject or the body of the message. I set up a rule to delete any message that has either of these words in either the subject or the body. Sometimes the rule works, and other times it doesn't. It doesn't matter if I have the Rule running while I have Outlook open or if I choose the "Run Now" option. Does anyone know w...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

hyperlinks not working
The hyperlinks in my outlook messages are no longer working. They were using Netscape 4.7 as the browser although I have tried to get it to use IE. I have removed Netscape 4.7 and now they don't work at all. I have since installed Netscape 7.1 and they still don't work. I really just want the links to use IE as the browser. ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Online Stock Trading Guide and How the Stock Market Works #2
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Export
Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. Thanks, Joel I put this question in the wrong place. Sorry "JoelS" wrote: > Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to > a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. > > Thanks, > > Joel ...

Outlook export csv contacts screws up email addresses (why?)
There must be a way to prevent Outlook from screwing up email addresses upon import and subsequent export of a csv file into and out of the contacts? But how? Here's what happens consistently with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I import this two-line csv test file into my Outlook contacts. Note this test file contains an email address which is not in my company Exchange server (apparently). LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,PHONE,EMAIL Bar,Foo,123-456-7890,foo@bar.com When I export these contacts, the result is a different format: "LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","PHONE","EM...

Working with MAX and IF
I'm working on a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) wherein I have one a series of tables on one worksheet, each one named, and a second spreadsheet that will be used to coalate the required information for printing. The printing sheet will pick up the required information based upon a date that I enter into a certain cell. I know that I can use a combination of MAX and IF statements to make this work, and I've got it working in another file, but as soon as I change something, it replies "#VALUE". I seem to remember there is a specific set of key strokes you must use i...

Export Web List
I am using Visio 2002 to capture the structure and content exsisting web sites. After that is done is there a way to export the contents of the List window into Excel or Access? Thank you for your help! Hi Pamela, When you are running the Web Diagram solution template in Visio 2002, select the "Reports" item from "Web" menu. If you have Excel installed on the machine, it will be one of the report output options. I hope this helps. -- Dick Hamilton Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Pa...