Export Outlook Contacts Into Outlook Express

How do you go about exporting Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express?

Thanks,
BTJustice

0
Buford

File | Import and Export
Export to a file
Comma Separated Values (Windows)
Select the Contacts folder
Name the file
Finish the Wizard.

Now from OE:
File | Import | Other Address Book | Text File (Comma Separated Values)
Select the csv file and finish up the Wizard.

"Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message
> How do you go about exporting Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express?
>
> Thanks,
> BTJustice

0
majik1 (5)
10/19/2004 2:16:35 PM
Do you want to export or share?
To share: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message
> How do you go about exporting Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express?
>
> Thanks,
> BTJustice

0
dianenws (1904)
10/19/2004 2:48:57 PM
I was just looking to get my contacts into OE, but sharing them works too.
I wish it could share all the additional address books I made within Outlook
Contacts.  Thanks for the tip.

BTJustice
--
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
Do you want to export or share?
To share: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Buford T. Justice" <???@msn.com> wrote in message
> How do you go about exporting Outlook Contacts into Outlook Express?
>
> Thanks,
> BTJustice

0
Buford

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Outlook syncronization with contacts/apointments
My outlook is not syncing with CRM. If i add a contact to Outllok and sync the contact dows not show up in CRM. I have to "track in CRM". Is this the way it works? Thanks, Brian on outlook CRM-Option ....and then see what are you synchronizing and what is the minimum time for synchronization. if you have doubt that nothing is coming from CRM to out loook then. make a appointmen in CRM and then click on CRM------synchronize CRM with outlook ( as i dont have CRM outlook so might be i am bit wrong about name :) .. You will see any error if there is error in synchronization. /A...

Outlook has found a problem and needs to close
Outlook 2003, when opened, displays the message "Outlook has found a problem and needs to close" It has made Outlook unavailable and useless. Would appreciate help. Charles Kerr ...

links in e-mail outlook 2007
web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked "jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A975500-C686-4FE2-9ECD-F17A8F4C2E88@microsoft.com... > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of questions and answers about this. jfrank wrote: > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting ...

Export to XML exports single row only

Problems with Outlook and LDAP address book
Hi, I've a problem with Outlook 2003 using, or trying to use, an LDAP address book. I've configured correctly all the parameters to use LDAP, but when I open the address book no address appears. If I open the address book from the tools menu (I have the Italian version of Outlook and so I don't know if this is the English name of the menu "Strumenti") and I use the search icon from the window, the address that corrisponds the search criteria that I type appear. Closing outlook the address book loose all the address again. Our address book is a Lotus Notes address b...

outlook sends me copy of every email I send ?? 05-10-10
How do I change the setting of my e mail so that I don't get a copy sent to me of every email I send out? "SUSIE" <SUSIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE99A148-F12B-4940-9C9F-EC0A2897C10E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the setting of my e mail so that I don't get a copy sent to > me of every email I send out? State your Outlook version and account type, please. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] SUSIE wrote: > How do I change the setting of my e mail so that I don't get a copy sent to > me of every email I sen...

outlook restarting automatically why
Hi, Outlook 2003 sp3 keeps closing down automatically, when i add plug-in CRM 3.x , How can i fix it ? Thanks.. Gokhan Gokhan Gerezlioglu wrote: > Hi, > Outlook 2003 sp3 keeps closing down automatically, when i add plug-in CRM > 3.x , > How can i fix it ? Thanks.. > > Gokhan What happens when you disable the add-on and restart Outlook? Did you check that version of the add-on supports SP-3 of Office? there are some clients which have this crm add-on and their outlooks work fine.. CRM version 3 and it probably supports office sp3 "VanguardLH" <V@nguar...

Outlook 2003 with active VPN connection not sending
When I have at VPN connection open, I'm finding that Outlook refuses to send any email out. How do I fix this (besides closing my VPN connection each time I want to send/receive!) As a side note: I've noticed other gimpiness with it too relating to packet fragmentation, where my mail would bounce for no reason. I had to change my MTU to fix that. Why is Outlook seemingly so sensitive to network configuration? Outlook Express does not seem to have these limitations. Is this some kind of negative feature introduced with this version of the product? Should I go back to my old...

Export / Import Security

Outlook Web Access 2003
Question: For an customer installation there might be words that are more convient if they were in the dictionary - so that they would not repeatedly show up in the spell checker. Is there a way for an administrator add to the dictionary? Thanks -Tom Not natively. Check out Messageware's PlusPack for that functionality (and more... like browsing GAL). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "edev" <edev@siscom.net> wrote in message news:eoEzLv12FHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Question:...

Help *** Outlook 2003 PST file corruption almost every time Outlook runs
I am really frustrated. I have been checking my Outlook PST file recently regularly and have found that almost EVERY time I open Outlook and close it again my PST file has "Minor inconsistencies". I don't have to do anything in outlook, like check emails, open emails or anything else - just Open app, close app => corrupt PST! I fix it each time but next time ... Has anyone else experienced this? I have WinXP SP2, Office 2003 Pro. With Outlook I have NOD32 and AdMuncher running ( both of which at least read incoming stuff) and also POPfile. I have tried the following:...

Expressions are not evaluated.
I migrated my acccess application from Access 2000 to Access 2007. There is a form with data from a table-few columns. This form has controls for subtotals both at the row level and at the bottom of the column level. In 2007, my row level subtotal expression gets evaluated immediately and shows value. The column level subtotals are showing blanks. But switching to a different application for couple of times and back to Access causes evaluation. I am not sure how to bring back the Access 2000 original behavior. ...

Delay Send and Outbox Prompt when Exiting Outlook
When I send a message using the Delay Send option, the email goes to my Outbox folder. If I exit Outlook, I get a warning that there are unsent messages in my Outbox. Is there any way to avoid getting prompted about messages being in my Outbox when I use the Delay Send feature? I get prompted about having an item in my Outbox whether or not I am in Cached Mode. I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2007. Thanks. -- Carolyn Carolyn wrote: > When I send a message using the Delay Send option, the email goes to my > Outbox folder. If I exit Outlook, I get a warnin...

Outlook error mesage
I just installed Outlook XP and I am getting a error message. ( Can not open default e-mail folder ETC.) need help. Thanks Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott asked: | I just installed Outlook XP and I am getting a error | message. ( Can not open default e-mail folder ETC.) need | help. Thanks how do i do that.Thanks ...

Outlook 2002 Startup Problem
When starting Outlook 2002 (XP) on and XP Pro system I get the following message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" I am then prompted to send an error report. After which Outlook will only run in Outlook Safe Mode. There are 2 users on this PC and only 1 user has this problem. I have run Office Repair and scanpst.exe. Scanpst did find 2 errors which were repaired. When I run scanpst.exe again I do not have any errors. I have cleaned up my PST file by deleting almost all of my email. The file is now only 11MB. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance f...

Outlook Express for Windows XP
When I receieve an attachment I can not veiw the picture, it just brings up a box with a little red x in the top left corner. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Export item ID?

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

outlook #136
i'm getting the the operation failed. an oject could not be found. i need the patch please help What patch?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | i'm getting the the operation failed. an oject could not | be found. i need the patch | please h...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

outlook calander #5
I know Vista has a calendar that can be used for events and will show events when do. I have set outlook calendar as the default so will events show up when vista loads or just when outlook is open? It would make more sense if it showed events when vista loads since it's the default calendar than just when outlook is opened. Outlook must be open to function. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Gh...

Sharing contacts in outlook 2007
I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click open contacts they get the following error "the folder you have selected is not available" i have tried removing and reapplying the permissions but still can not get around this. please help Is the contact folder your main folder or a subfolder to your "main" contact folder? Does it work with the calendar? -- Best regards Malin D Office consultant/Trainer "Toon@Hudson" wrote: > I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click ...