Export emails...

Hello,

I have a bunch of emails from my customers that need to
be exported to be imported onto another computer....Can I
do this??  I have all of the emails that I need to export
in one folder....
thx
Mike

0
anonymous (74732)

Okay, this is pretty easy if you are using Outlook 2002 (XP), I don't know
for sure about other versions but I think its close to the same process.

Click (in the folder list) to highlight the mail folder in the to be
exported. Then click on "File" (menu tool bar), then choose "import and
export".

The export wizard will open. Then pick the top one; "export to a file, click
next.

Then choose, "Personal folder file .pst", click next.

Make sure the folder you want to export is highlighted, then check the "sub
folders" box if this folder has them, then click next.

Pick a place to save the file - desktop is easy to find later. Make sure the
file has the extension ".pst", click "Finish"

Then move the file to some kind of media if too large to email.

Download to mew computer.

Reverse the process to add to new Outlook program. Be sure to place in
"mail" folders. Hope this helps.

> Hello,
>
> I have a bunch of emails from my customers that need to
> be exported to be imported onto another computer....Can I
> do this??  I have all of the emails that I need to export
> in one folder....
> thx
> Mike

0
anonymous (74732)
11/10/2003 4:50:29 PM
>Okay, this is pretty easy if you are using Outlook 2002 (XP), I don't know
>for sure about other versions but I think its close to the same process.
>
>Click (in the folder list) to highlight the mail folder in the to be
>exported. Then click on "File" (menu tool bar), then choose "import and
>export".
>
>The export wizard will open. Then pick the top one; "export to a file,
click
>next.
>
>Then choose, "Personal folder file .pst", click next.

It's WAY easier than what is described here if both systems have any Outlook
from Oyutlook 97 through 2002 on them.  Simply copy the .pst file from one
system to the other.  On the second system, in Outlook, just pick
Files>Open, point to the PST file and voila!  It's there.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
11/10/2003 9:41:28 PM
That will move ALL the outlook files. This person just wants to move ONE
mail box only.

"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> >Okay, this is pretty easy if you are using Outlook 2002 (XP), I don't
know
> >for sure about other versions but I think its close to the same process.
> >
> >Click (in the folder list) to highlight the mail folder in the to be
> >exported. Then click on "File" (menu tool bar), then choose "import and
> >export".
> >
> >The export wizard will open. Then pick the top one; "export to a file,
> click
> >next.
> >
> >Then choose, "Personal folder file .pst", click next.
>
> It's WAY easier than what is described here if both systems have any
Outlook
> from Oyutlook 97 through 2002 on them.  Simply copy the .pst file from one
> system to the other.  On the second system, in Outlook, just pick
> Files>Open, point to the PST file and voila!  It's there.
> --
> Brian Tillman
> Smiths Aerospace
> 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
>
> I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

0
anonymous (74732)
11/10/2003 11:00:47 PM
In that case, the user could create a new .PST file (File | New), copy the
Contacts to it, and then do as Brian described.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That will move ALL the outlook files. This person just wants to move ONE
> mail box only.
>
> "Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> > >Okay, this is pretty easy if you are using Outlook 2002 (XP), I don't
> know
> > >for sure about other versions but I think its close to the same
process.

> > >Click (in the folder list) to highlight the mail folder in the to be
> > >exported. Then click on "File" (menu tool bar), then choose "import and
> > >export".
> > >
> > >The export wizard will open. Then pick the top one; "export to a file,
> > click
> > >next.
> > >
> > >Then choose, "Personal folder file .pst", click next.
> >
> > It's WAY easier than what is described here if both systems have any
> Outlook
> > from Oyutlook 97 through 2002 on them.  Simply copy the .pst file from
one
> > system to the other.  On the second system, in Outlook, just pick
> > Files>Open, point to the PST file and voila!  It's there.
> > --
> > Brian Tillman
> > Smiths Aerospace
> > 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> > Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> > Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
> >
> > I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

What you and Brian suggest will create a new profile and overwrite the
profile on the second computer. Again, this person just wants to move one,
and one only, single mail folder to another computer's outlook profile,
keeping all that computers outlook folders intact and unmodified. If this
person does what Brain and you suggest (to a lesser degree) the second
computers outlook folders will be replaced and gone forever. He just wants
one folder moved.

For the person who requested this help - unless you wish to have the second
computers outlook changed to a mirror copy of the original (yours), you
better just do as I suggested in my first reply. It's really very simple. I
have done it dozens times and it takes about two minutes.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:er4UloAqDHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In that case, the user could create a new .PST file (File | New), copy the
> Contacts to it, and then do as Brian described.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>
> "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That will move ALL the outlook files. This person just wants to move ONE
> > mail box only.
> >
> > "Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> > know
> process.

> > > click

> > > It's WAY easier than what is described here if both systems have any
> > Outlook
> > > from Oyutlook 97 through 2002 on them.  Simply copy the .pst file from
> one
> > > system to the other.  On the second system, in Outlook, just pick
> > > Files>Open, point to the PST file and voila!  It's there.
> > > --
> > > Brian Tillman
> > > Smiths Aerospace
> > > 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3
> > > Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991
> > > Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain.
> > >
> > > I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me.

0
anonymous (74732)
11/11/2003 4:07:36 PM
The .PST file and the profile are not the same thing.  One profile can
access many different .PST files.  Why do you think creating a new .PST
file, or opening it on another computer, will delete an existing profile?
That's not how it works at all.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:eRfKt3GqDHA.372@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Nick wrote:

> What you and Brian suggest will create a new profile and overwrite the
> profile on the second computer. Again, this person just wants to move
> one, and one only, single mail folder to another computer's outlook
> profile, keeping all that computers outlook folders intact and
> unmodified. If this person does what Brain and you suggest (to a
> lesser degree) the second computers outlook folders will be replaced
> and gone forever. He just wants one folder moved.
>
> For the person who requested this help - unless you wish to have the
> second computers outlook changed to a mirror copy of the original
> (yours), you better just do as I suggested in my first reply. It's
> really very simple. I have done it dozens times and it takes about
> two minutes.
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:er4UloAqDHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> In that case, the user could create a new .PST file (File | New),
>> copy the Contacts to it, and then do as Brian described.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered --
>> please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread.
>> ***
>>
>> "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> That will move ALL the outlook files. This person just wants to
>>> move ONE mail box only.
>>>
>>> "Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Centre email message
Sending a page as a message - it aligns to the left by default. How do I centre an email message to the middle of the screen? ...

Export to XML exports single row only

Email delivery
Is there any way to have one email account deliverd to a .pst file and one delivered to an exchange mailbox in the same profile? No. You can have your mail delivered to an Exchange profile and then move certain mails by rule to a .pst but you cannot have them delivered directly to 2 different message stores automatically. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, cleve asked: | Is the...

outlook sends me copy of every email I send ?? 05-10-10
How do I change the setting of my e mail so that I don't get a copy sent to me of every email I send out? "SUSIE" <SUSIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE99A148-F12B-4940-9C9F-EC0A2897C10E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the setting of my e mail so that I don't get a copy sent to > me of every email I send out? State your Outlook version and account type, please. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] SUSIE wrote: > How do I change the setting of my e mail so that I don't get a copy sent to > me of every email I sen...

How to enumerate all email accounts?
Hi, How can i enumerate all email accounts in the current profile? Should work with IMO to. thanks in advance. ...

Export / Import Security

Can't send Emails but can receive
When I try to send Emails I get the following. Any help please. Thank you in advance Task 'mail.synapsemr.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?#\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11;.;C:\WINDOWS\System32;C:\WINDOWS\system;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONICS~1\' And what...

Sending Email from Work to Home
This situation that I am about to describe just started on Monday. Whenever I am at work I hit my home ISP POP3 server to retrieve my emails at work. People can send me emails from the office or anywhere else and I have no problems getting them at work. However, when I send or forward a mail from work to my home, I would normally get it back here at work as well as at home. But this does not happen. I have made no changes to any of the settings. It is like it goes into outer space. Here is what I have tried to correct the problem: 1. Cold Rebooting. 2. Removing and reinstalling ...

How do I email a hyperlink to a program file with a website as a parameter
Hi all, We're trying to email a hyperlink to a program file on a persons C: drive which by itself works fine. But when we append a parameter in the form of http://website.com then it thinks the entire link is a website and chokes. What we're trying to do start a Citrix ICA file from an email and feed it a dynamic website. The full link is "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" \\server\share\IE.ICA /param:"HTTP://website.com" I want the link to be just as is but Outlook changes the backslashes to forward slashes and generally mucks it up. ...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Junk Emails
We are using Exchange Server 2000 SP3. Recently there have been many junk emails coming to our domain. Please let us know how we can stop such junk emails in exchange server. Secondly, when we click in Current Sessions in Exchange Systems Manager, we get a message SMTP Configuration window saying "The system cannot find the path specified." Please if anybody can help us to stop the junk emails of 1 kb. There are more than 1000 such emails in our Q by which our server is always busy sending / receiving unwanted emails. Regards, Athar -- Athar Sagri atharsagri <atharsagr...

Email Attachments #3
How can an organization prevent email attachments from being stored in CRM with the CRM email activity. Hi Terry, in the System Settings, the CRM admin can block attachments with defined file extensions (e.g. .exe). To block all attachments you could just add all the common email attachment file types (.doc, .xls, .pdf, etc.) Or just set the maximum file size on the E-mail tab to 0KB. -- Neil Benson Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service www.increasecrm.co.uk "Terry" wrote: > How can an organization prevent email attachments from being stored in CRM &...

Encrypted Email
Does anyone know what would be the simplest way to send encrypted email from our company out to the internet. We would like for the ability to send encrypted to be available to all internal users of our Exchange 5.5 server. Thanks The Key Management Server (part of 5.5) can be used to both encrypt and digitally sign messages using X.509v3 certificates. To encrypt mail to users outside, they would need to send you a digitally signed email (which assumes they have some form of email security in place, like the KMS). Outlook supports adding the users public key certificate (which it gets fr...

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Why are blank white boxes appearing in some Outlook emails?
Why are blank white boxes appearing in some Outlook emails (covering text in the body of the letter)? Not all emails, just a few - emails from the same person may or may not have the boxes, all so far have a signature with a graphic but not all emails with graphics (even if from the same person) will have it Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 Any idea's? ...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Multiple emails #6
When I send an email with say 4 people in cc. they all get 4 copies of that email. Any idea why? DelMel <DelMel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email with say 4 people in cc. they all get 4 copies > of that email. > Any idea why? Are you scanning your outgoing mail with a virus scanner? If so, disable it. It's pointless anyway. -- Brian Tillman ...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...