Export Date From Outlook 2003

How can I get the date to appear in the Export to Excell

TIA

Sam

0
sam7085 (5)

You can IMPORT data from Outlook into Access quite easily. GO To File>Get
External Data>Import and select 'Files of Type-Outlook'. You should see a
list of mail folders from the Microsoft Exchange server. Click the + next to
each folder to select individual folders. It seems that you have to do each
folder individually.
As well, if you have a Personal Folder (.pst) on a shared drive, the import
tool cannot access it. I found that by moving the .pst to my hard drive I was
able to access it and import from the individual folders.
You'd think there would be a better tool , though, as it seems to be a
common requirement, judging from this discussion group.
"Sam" wrote:

> How can I get the date to appear in the Export to Excell
>
> TIA
>
> Sam

0
Hilary (12)
5/20/2005 10:07:29 PM
I should clarify - Excel does not appear to be able to import the same way
from Outlook. I would import into Access, then if necessary export the
resulting sheet to Excel. However, you can do more with the data in Access
anyway, so you may prefer to just use it instead.

"Hilary" wrote:

> You can IMPORT data from Outlook into Access quite easily. GO To File>Get
> External Data>Import and select 'Files of Type-Outlook'. You should see a
> list of mail folders from the Microsoft Exchange server. Click the + next to
> each folder to select individual folders. It seems that you have to do each
> folder individually.
> As well, if you have a Personal Folder (.pst) on a shared drive, the import
> tool cannot access it. I found that by moving the .pst to my hard drive I was
> able to access it and import from the individual folders.
> You'd think there would be a better tool , though, as it seems to be a
> common requirement, judging from this discussion group.
> "Sam" wrote:
>
> > How can I get the date to appear in the Export to Excell
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Sam

0
Hilary (12)

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Excel 2003 Inserting current date
I wish to create a spreadsheet that whenever data is entered in a row/column, the actual date is entered automatically in a date column. I do not want the date to be overridden. Mark Right-click your sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste this event code in that sheet module. Enter anything in any cell in column A and B will get a static date. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then n = Target.Row ...

links in e-mail outlook 2007
web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked "jfrank" <jfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A975500-C686-4FE2-9ECD-F17A8F4C2E88@microsoft.com... > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked Search this group using the term "hyperlink". You will fine PAGES of questions and answers about this. jfrank wrote: > web link in e-mail not allowed to connect when clicked I doubt that was the actual error message generated by Outlook. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting ...

Outlook syncronization with contacts/apointments
My outlook is not syncing with CRM. If i add a contact to Outllok and sync the contact dows not show up in CRM. I have to "track in CRM". Is this the way it works? Thanks, Brian on outlook CRM-Option ....and then see what are you synchronizing and what is the minimum time for synchronization. if you have doubt that nothing is coming from CRM to out loook then. make a appointmen in CRM and then click on CRM------synchronize CRM with outlook ( as i dont have CRM outlook so might be i am bit wrong about name :) .. You will see any error if there is error in synchronization. /A...

Outlook has found a problem and needs to close
Outlook 2003, when opened, displays the message "Outlook has found a problem and needs to close" It has made Outlook unavailable and useless. Would appreciate help. Charles Kerr ...

Query and date selection
I test to see if a reservation begins between 11/15-3/31 of any year. So far I have come up with, for the reservation begin date: Between #11/15/2009# And #12/31/2009# Or Between #1/1/2009# And #3/31/2009# This, of course, only tests for 2009. Can I use a year wildcard? Is there a better way? Thanks in advance, -- Chrissy Add Another Field to your query, something like this: monthdayfield: Format([ReservationDate], "mm/dd") And then for the criteria: >="11/15" or <="03/31" I think that will do the trick. You can try a ...

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

Export to XML exports single row only

Problems with Outlook and LDAP address book
Hi, I've a problem with Outlook 2003 using, or trying to use, an LDAP address book. I've configured correctly all the parameters to use LDAP, but when I open the address book no address appears. If I open the address book from the tools menu (I have the Italian version of Outlook and so I don't know if this is the English name of the menu "Strumenti") and I use the search icon from the window, the address that corrisponds the search criteria that I type appear. Closing outlook the address book loose all the address again. Our address book is a Lotus Notes address b...

"Icons" not showing when opening up Chart Wizard in Excel 2003
I have a user who just received a new pc with Office 2003 as part of his image. When he clicks on Chart Wizard in Excel 2003, the little picture files to the left of the type of Chart are not listed until you click on the picture. He also has some existing spreadsheets where the lines in line charts don't display as well and I believe it's a related issue. I know I've seen something similar to this in regards to picture files in Powerpoint (Office 2000) and a setting seemed to resolve the issue in any Office app but I can't remember the setting that fixed it. This turne...

Convert Date
How do I convert a year (YYYY) in a cell to MM/DD/YYYY format? Is there a formula that will do this? =DATE(A1,1,1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <eric@peoplepartnersusa.com> wrote in message news:1169936353.795546.226270@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... | How do I convert a year (YYYY) in a cell to MM/DD/YYYY format? Is | there a formula that will do this? | ...

viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 #2
From: "Shane Lieberg" <cool1two@hotmail.com> Subject: viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 Date: Monday, December 08, 2003 10:59 AM problem, when viewing contacts (pst with outlook address book service) using the address book viewer "hit the address book on tool bar", and scroll though the contacts. i will crash at some random point. if you view the same contact list in folder view. "left side of screen under contacts", you can view all of the contacts and the info without issue. ...

Header Date
I selected the calendar icon to customize the header on a worksheet. However, the date that shows on my worksheet is incorrect even though the calendar is correct. It is November 5, 2003, and the date is showing 05/11/2003 on my document. If I change the date on the calendar to be May 5, 2003, then it shows 11-5-2003! It transposes it! Is there a way to reformat the way a date is displayed in a header? I haven't found one. Everything I've found is for the default settings for dates in the cells. Thank you. Carol First, I assume you meant May 11, 2003 not May 5, 2003. ...

insert date and time into memo field
Using access 2003 Have a status form when staff enters their progress into a memo field I need the user to be able to enter the date and time of his entry The end result will be a short cut the will insure the infomation, I just can't figure out the code for either a macro or a module that will do it. On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:17:33 GMT, "mboren" <u57845@uwe> wrote: >Using access 2003 > >Have a status form when staff enters their progress into a memo field > >I need the user to be able to enter the date and time of his entry > >The...

Export / Import Security

Outlook 2003 with active VPN connection not sending
When I have at VPN connection open, I'm finding that Outlook refuses to send any email out. How do I fix this (besides closing my VPN connection each time I want to send/receive!) As a side note: I've noticed other gimpiness with it too relating to packet fragmentation, where my mail would bounce for no reason. I had to change my MTU to fix that. Why is Outlook seemingly so sensitive to network configuration? Outlook Express does not seem to have these limitations. Is this some kind of negative feature introduced with this version of the product? Should I go back to my old...

Outlook 2002 Startup Problem
When starting Outlook 2002 (XP) on and XP Pro system I get the following message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" I am then prompted to send an error report. After which Outlook will only run in Outlook Safe Mode. There are 2 users on this PC and only 1 user has this problem. I have run Office Repair and scanpst.exe. Scanpst did find 2 errors which were repaired. When I run scanpst.exe again I do not have any errors. I have cleaned up my PST file by deleting almost all of my email. The file is now only 11MB. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance f...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Outlook Express for Windows XP
When I receieve an attachment I can not veiw the picture, it just brings up a box with a little red x in the top left corner. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

how to filter dates?
I am trying to filter out a number of date groups from a large data base. I have not had much luck using advanced filter with wildcards. how do I go about filtering aout certain months from a large range of years? One way would need a helper column with the formula - =month(A1) This will return the month number from the target cell and sorting on the helper column will bring all the entries together by month. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "abigail" <abigail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69390A39-14DB-4D7B-B33C-79ABE7ED01E0@microsoft....

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Export item ID?

Outlook 2007 SPS 2003 Exchange Problem
I have a small LAN with a SBS 2003. I upgraded 2 PC's that had XP Pro and Office 2003 to Vista Business and Office 2007. I am having problems seeing the public folders reliably. I get misc messages that the server is unavailable. I use a POP mail account as my default email and the Exchange Account is primarily for Shared Public Contacts and Calendars. I have never had any issues with Outlook 2003 before like this. If I delete the Exchange account in Mail in the control panel and then recreate it and open Outlook I may see the folders one time. If I exit Outlook and open it I cannot ...

Knowledge Base article via Sales for Outlook
This must be pretty simple but I can't see it.. Where into Outlook can users access Knowledge base article? thanks! Hi! As i know rhere is no possbility to get to the Knowledge base article from the Outlook SFO! With the Outlook SFO you only get sales-entities no service and the Knowledge base articles are in the Service-Part of MS CRM. -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM WordMailMerge for MSCRM "Frebou" <ed@boucheros.com> sch...