Expedited outgoing mail returns to sender

I have a glitch with My outlook Express....when I select
the send/rcv button to expedite the sending of outgoing
mail, the mail package returns to my inbox instead of going
to the recipient.  Is there something I can "uncheck" in
the setup/config pages to change this so mail will deliver
to the recipient?  Further, if I let the mail go without
clicking the send/rcv button, it goes thru to the recipient
as expected under normal circumstances...
signed
confused
0
anonymous (74718)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mg asked:

| I have a glitch with My outlook Express....when I select
| the send/rcv button to expedite the sending of outgoing
| mail, the mail package returns to my inbox instead of going
| to the recipient.  Is there something I can "uncheck" in
| the setup/config pages to change this so mail will deliver
| to the recipient?  Further, if I let the mail go without
| clicking the send/rcv button, it goes thru to the recipient
| as expected under normal circumstances...
| signed
| confused

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

How to make Dialog return network PC name, not open!!
Hello, everyone! I really need your help!! I want to use dialog to view all PCs on LAN. And then, when I click one PC icon, its name will return. Now, I use CFileDialog to do it. When I go to "WorkGroup" and click one PC icon. Dialog tries to open it. That's not what I want. I just want to get the name of this PC and then close the dialog. If someone knows how to do it, plz tell me! Thank you!!! >Hello, everyone! I really need your help!! >I want to use dialog to view all PCs on LAN. And then, when I click one PC >icon, its name will return. >Now, I use CFileDi...

can receive e-mail, can't send e-mail
Upon switching e-mail providers from Verizon to Frontier, I am able to receive e-mails, but sent e-mails go to outbox of Windows Mail with error message. I have tried enabling and disabling the authentication feature in account set-up. Theconnection to the server has failed. Subject 'email test', Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server: 'smtp.frontier.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...

email mail merge drops attachment
I'm attempting an email mail merge to a recruiters database using Microsoft Outlook 2002. I'm running Windows XP on a home network with a shared internet connection, ISP is Optimum Online. The mail merge portion works fine. My problem is the outgoing emails are dropping an important attachment, which is my resume. Can anyone help? Individual emails with the same attachment work fine. The attachment gets dropped when I send the same email out of a mail merge. Please reply to MStieglitz@optonline.net Thanks very much for your help. This is a limitation of Ma...

Change language for Spelling in mail
How can I change the default US spelling in emails to Australia UK. TIA "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:17583502-FE63-4EF1-88B5-6AE0681DE2ED@microsoft.com... > How can I change the default US spelling in emails to Australia UK. Look at the Tools > Options > Spelling tab. English (Australia) should be either Available or Installed. If it's installed, click Set default. If it's Available but not Installed, click Install then Set default once it's in place. If it's neither Available nor Installed, you'll have to resta...

Forwarding mail #7
I am trying to forward email sent to a public to internal and external address. The emails are delivered to the internal Recipients but not the external ones. I've tested this on two different Public folders. Is this normal or am I missing something in the public folder setup? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:05:01 -0800, Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to forward email sent to a public to internal and external >address. The emails are delivered to the internal Recipients but not the >external ones. I've tested this on two different Public folders. I...

Publisher Mail Merge #3
Is anyone doing a mail merge with BCM? -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com ...

Exchange Address E-Mail Types ???
looking at some user configurations of our email server running Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 SP1. * this server was running Exchange 5.5 a couple of years ago. User Properties -> E-mail Addresses Type: ccmail ms X400 X400 X500 I've noticed that newer users don't have these, and only have one x400 address. are these needed? what does each one do ? thanks On 1 Mar 2007 08:03:09 -0800, "DakotaDogg" <egiblock@gmail.com> wrote: >looking at some user configurations of our email server > >running Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 SP1. > >...

Adding text to all outgoing messages
Sorry, forgot to say i'm running an exchange 200 server and would like to know how to add a predefined text message to all outgoing mails (outside domain). thanx Carlos Mendes Carlos, you can do that by adding a disclaimer, using an SMTP event sync. "How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=317327 "How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680 -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://ehlo.blogspot.com Consulte a base de...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

Outgoing msg header problem
Having recently switched to Outlook 2003 for my mail, I can't send mail to certain mailing lists (they bounce)... msgs to private receipients appear to arrive ok. Contact with my ISP reveals "This can be caused by a malformed header in the message you are trying to send." Checking in Outlook > any outgoing msg > right click > Options, I find that the 'Internet headers' of all my outgoing msgs are blank. Could that be the problem? Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks, Astrid ...

Expedited outgoing mail returns to sender
I have a glitch with My outlook Express....when I select the send/rcv button to expedite the sending of outgoing mail, the mail package returns to my inbox instead of going to the recipient. Is there something I can "uncheck" in the setup/config pages to change this so mail will deliver to the recipient? Further, if I let the mail go without clicking the send/rcv button, it goes thru to the recipient as expected under normal circumstances... signed confused This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support tr...

Windows Mail could not be started 04-09-10
I'm trying to do a mail merge in Word 2007 using Outlook as our standard email programme, however when I try sending emails in HTML format I get an error message that Window Mail could not be started. When sending emails as an attachement or RTF there is no problem. Any help is appreciated-Thank you. "Ellen Ileia Foundation" <Ellen Ileia Foundation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFB4D46A-A3B7-4214-8054-F7C63F6CBE6E@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do a mail merge in Word 2007 using Outlook as our standard > email programme, however...

Return 1 of 3 different values based on multiple cells
Need Formula or macro to allocate the "Scheduled hours" based on Group Counts: If Group "A" and "C" are both greater than 1, then Scheduled "A" and "C" should both be 6 hours If Group "A" and "C" are equal to or less than 0, then Scheduled "A" and "C" should both be 0 hours If Group "A" greater than 1, and Group "C" is equal to 0, then Scheduled "A" should 12 hours If Group "C" greater than 1, and Group "A" is equal to 0, then Schedule...

Auto send mail in MS outlook 2003
I have to send report weekly with an attach file in a fixed location on local hard disk. I tried this command but failed: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Outlook.exe" /c "D:\My Documents\net-report.oft" /a "D:\My Documents\net-report.xls" The error displayed: "The object could not be found" I would like to send this msg automatically by a bath file. Anyone can help me to do this? many thanks. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

windows Mail
Hi i am trying to send a message which is being saved in the outbox folder.. in vain.. I can't send it, or delete it.. or send any other message.. what should i do Regards Click: File | Work Offline. Can you delete it now? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "MAWLA" <MAWLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08FE7CE7-2BB7-4EE7-A5BB-E66879532AA2@microsoft.com... > Hi > > i am trying to send a message which is being saved in the outbox > folder.. in > vain.. > > I can&...

Running Vista business. Mail merge command is missing.
The Mail Merge command is missing from my Tools drop down in Outlook 2007. I have tried to reste all the Toolbars but did not help. Do you have Outlook installed as part of an Office suite? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda...

Outgoing email account
I have 2 email accounts I use through outlook. The first one (bellsouth.net) is my default. SOmetimes when I send email, or reply or forward, OUtlook attempts to send it via my second account (charter.net). I do not want to use that account to send email, but I do not know how to keep outlook from "choosing" it. I thought it always processed emails using the default account first. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

IMF and POP Mail
I've got a customer whose SBS03 Prem Exchange 03-SP2 Server goes to their ISP's POP Server to claim the mail. They've got Exchange setup to use the POP plug-in to accomplish this. Will IMF work in this scenario? Is there any unusual tweaking needed? "Joseph O" <.> wrote in message news:e58WBgfHHHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > I've got a customer whose SBS03 Prem Exchange 03-SP2 Server goes to their > ISP's POP Server to claim the mail. They've got Exchange setup to use the > POP plug-in to accomplish this. > > Will IMF wor...

Internet Mail Only
How do I change from Internet Mail Only in Outlook 2002 to Corporate Workgroup? "Dave Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0c401c47973$fd768760$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change from Internet Mail Only in Outlook 2002 to > Corporate Workgroup? You don't. Outlook 2002 did away with the distinction. ...

Send recurring e-mail message
If I want to send a recurring e-mail reminder message to a group, say every Monday, can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks. ...

OWA and Junk Mail
In Outlook 2003 you can go to microsoft's site and do updates for the program with new filters for junk mail but what happens when someone only uses OWA? How does or is there a way to update the junk mail filter for people who strictly use OWA? Thanks "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 you can go to microsoft's site and do updates for the >program with new filters for junk mail but what happens when someone only >uses OWA? How does or is there a way to update the junk mail filter for >people who strictly use OWA? I think your ...

Block Outgoing, just allow incoming.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003, we have a new requirement where we want to block outgoing email and only allow incoming email for a particular user account, how do we do that ? Thank you. Regards, Zul I don't believe this functionality is available within Exchange. It may be possible to write a transport event sink that captures email from a given address and prohibits the sending in some fashion. Nue "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:ecaBWBJHGHA.3200@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003, we have a new requirem...

Functionality for pre-selecting outgoing email account
Hello: I am looking for software that will allow Outlook 2003 to provide a pop-up window asking me which account I want to send from when I click on the "New Mail Message" button. Idealy, this would insert the proper signature for the outgoing account to be used in the email. Can you help point me in the right direction for this? Thanks in advance. J. Chris Templeton Outlook 2003 already provides this functionality via the Accounts drop-down list on an open message. If you want it to switch signatures automatically, you need to be using WordMail as your editor and have a de...

sending mails to specific mail addresses rather than specific doma
I want to set up exchange in my organization.But in my organization security is very important.I want to restrict users from sending mails only to specific mail address. for example john@yahoo.com but john should not be able to send mails to any one else on the yahoo like sam@yahoo.com. I studied a lot about smtp connectors. but not able to find a solution for this in exchange 2003. Is it possible by any means. Can anyone help me abt this even if microsoft also.Otherwise I am not able to set up exchange server in my organization. Thanks in advance On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:43:01 -0800, mang...